This was a contract job for The Rowland Group doing miscellaneous duties such as closing out jobs in the Epicor System, preparing and/or editing spreadsheets for Cost Accounting, scanning and saving documents to file and setting up new suppliers. Then I was offered a full time position as AR Specialist. I actually started in November of 2014 and was officially hired in February of 2015. ◇ maintain up-to-date billing system ◇ generate and send out invoices ◇ follow up on, collect and allocate payments ◇ carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines ◇ monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities ◇ research and resolve payment discrepancies ◇ generate age analysis ◇ review AR aging to ensure compliance ◇ maintain accounts receivable customer files and records ◇ follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc ◇ process credit card payments ◇ prepare bank deposits ◇ investigate and resolve customer queries ◇ process adjustments ◇ communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally ◇ assist with month-end closing
- AR Specialist at Braden Manufacturing LLC
- Receptionist/Accounts Payable Clerk at Accounting Principals
- Receptionist/Head Lifeguard at The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club
- Buyer at Green Country Aircraft Exhaust, Inc
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Accounting Fundamentals I & II
After 2 months as an AR specialist, I was promoted to head the appeals department. I currently head the appeals department at this time.
- AR Specialist, Appeals Specialist at Edge Billing and Consulting
- at Cornerstone Staffing
- Charge Auditor at Cornerstone Staffing
- Customer Service Representative at Ultimate Staffing
6 months at this Job
- High school
Responsibilities Post all cash receipts (checks, Credit Cards, EFT). Prepare and submit bank deposits online. Responsible for collecting all past due invoices and doing invoice corrections. Monitor AR emails and process customer correspondance. In charge of completing all customers' certifications. Process customers' credit applications. Prepare and submit payroll. Set up new employees files. Assist the HR and AP Departments with multiple tasks. Skills used Accounting, communication and organizational skills. Accomplishments As an Accounting Assistant/AR Specialist, I have establised excellent communication with customers. This has helped to reach my goal of getting the majority of our invoices paid within terms. Therefore, increasing the cash flow which has benefitted the overall operation of the company.
- Accounting Assistant/AR Specialist at Florida Seal & Rubber LLC
- Pre-K Teacher at Discovery Point
- Office Manager/ Bookkeeper at Bauen Corporation
- Administrative Assistant at Bauen Corporation
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate Degree in Business Administration
• Researched denied claims and obtained claim status via telephone and payer websites.
• Worked denied claims to resolution through appeals, requesting reprocessing of claims denied in error, and/or submitting requested information to payers in order to accurately process a claim.
• Worked with Commercial, Managed Care, Medicaid, and Government payers.
• Submitted requested information such as medical records or waiver of liability to payers via fax.
• Worked correspondence from insurance companies.
• Communicated with the client via email and/or phone to update information in the host system to facilitate the billing of claims on hold.
• Worked closely with the billing department to submit corrected claims and rebills.
• Submitted adjustment requests weekly to the facility for approval and posted once approved.
• Submitted missing and/or unposted payments to the facility for research and posting to close a claim.
• Posted contractual adjustments per payer EOB
• Pulled and uploaded missing EOB's to patient accounts from websites such as Availity and Navinet
• Special projects as assigned such as posting electronic/lock box payments to assist our cash posting team and transferring outstanding balances to self-pay or dropping bill to next insurance once primary has processed.
• 10 key, Microsoft Office (Heavy Excel usage daily), Adobe, Citrix, Athena, Series, OneContent, Collections and Claims Management
- AR Specialist at nThrive
- Reconciliation Representative at US Renal Care
- Payment and Research Representative at Conifer Health Solutions
- Customer Service Representative at Torchmark Corporation
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Information Assurance and Cybersecurity
[8/13-present] KForce, Inc. Tampa, FL KGS Accounts Receivable Specialist II Perform complex billing functions as required by more specialized clients. Prepare Time and Material, Firm Fixed Price and Cost Plus Fixed Fee Contract billings. Handle escalated issues from AR Specialist I, clients and project managers. Interpret contract documents to ensure billing setup and invoicing is in compliance with contract terms. Track and resolve outstanding payment issues, assist in training for AR Specialist I. Prepare Labor Summary and ODC Reports, Submission of invoices into client systems, (WAWF, IPP, Tungsten, OB10) Run Timesheet Edit Report to determine where associates are charging their time. Check ODCs to ensure they are allocated to the proper billing accounts, Identify customer invoice requirements for each new project and log into Master Billing Matrix, Create and maintain billing folders, Upkeep of the Billing Log and Aging Log, Assist on special audit projects. Ability to work independently solving issues with minimum supervision. Delivery proper customer service to internal and external customers. Cash Management Process and post cash receipts and credit card payments, intercompany transfers and G/L entries, prepare and distribute cash report. Experience with creating pivot tables & V-Look-ups. TraumaFX Prepared invoices for trauma unit billing and entered invoices into WAWF client system. [ 4/13-8/13] Coca-Cola Refreshments, Brandon, FL Accountant 1 (Contract Position) Process CMA monthly journal entries, account reconciliation prep, reconcile and upload recs, CTM invoicing, S-cases, posting journal entries, logged CCNA and CCR coupon offer codes
- Govt AR Specialist II at Kforce
- Accounting Analyst at Sims Recycling Solutions
- Accounting Associate (Temporary Assignment thru Randstad) at Hunter Warfield Inc
- Land Staff Accountant at Pulte Homes, Inc
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
Responsibilities Customer Dispute Resolver AR Specialist Read and interpret contract for large hospitals Email and call AP for collections Customer Service Maintain a good working relationship with the customer Communicate with the customer via phone and email Perform account reconciliations Monitor customer accounts for non-payments and delayed payments Research and resolve payment discrepancies Review AR aging Process Customer adjustments Investigate and resolve customer queries Skills Used Outlook, Excel And Word
- Customer Dispute Resolver / AR Specialist at Capgemini
- Clamp Truck Operator/Forklift Operator at RockTenn
- Warehouse Manager at J&J Apparel
- Receiving Supervisor at Bealls Inc
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Accounting Operations - Accounting, Microsoft Word 2010 Certification, Microsoft Excel Certification and QuickBooks Certification
Responsibilities The AR Specialist is responsible for the overall recovery and management of accounts receivable as it relates to maximizing accounts receivable collections for the clients. Detailed research and follow-up on medical insurance claims and the careful preparation of appeals and responses to efficiently interact with insurance carriers and resolve the claim. I also am a Medical Billing Payment Poster Specialist I am responsible for posting all insurance and patient payments and reprocessing denied claims. Specific duties include posting insurance and patient payments, denials and contractual/other adjustments to patient accounts; transferring coinsurance and deductible balances to patient responsibility; balancing posted payments; and organizing refund requests. In addition, I follow all policies and procedures as outlined by the company and/or governmental regulations and according to HIPPA regulations.
- AR Specialist II at Allscripts
- Patient Representative III at Adventist Health
- Medical Biller/AR Specialist at CHMB
- Medical Billing Specialist/Collection Specialist at Med America Inc
1 year at this Job
Summary of skills: data collection and analysis, accounts receivable reporting, follow up of claims, patient record keeping, highly detail oriented, solid foundation and fluence in a variety of software and billing programs Cardiovascular Consultants PC 10010 Donald S. Power Drive, Munster, IN 46321, 219-934-4200 Position: AR Specialist, Manager: Lisa Hoefflicker, Dates of Employment: 9/4/17-4/27/18 Reason for leaving: Laid off Duties: Reviewed paper and electronic charts for correct documentation, answered phones, took patient payments and correct patient account problems (i.e.: correcting insurance coverage, fixing mistakes with billing/ insurance such as coding, modifiers, etc. ). Managed all self-pay collections and creation of payment plans. Responsible for all follow up for all insurances (Medicare, Illinois and Indiana Medicaid, all Commercial insurances) Worked all returned mail and deceased patient accounts.
- AR Specialist, Manager at Cardiovascular Consultants PC
- Billing/ Accounts Receivable, Manager at Mid-America Psychological and Counseling Services
- Paraprofessional/ Librarian, Supervisor at T.F. South High School
7 months at this Job
- diploma - general studies
I am a skilled professional with an array of experiences in patient service. Results-oriented, high-energy individual with proven abilities in building a collaborative, trusting and professional relationship with team members, clients and matrix organization to maximize patient experience. Conifer Health Solutions Medical Billing/AR Specialist August 2015 to December 2018 Coordinating and organizing billing operations and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Submit clean claims for reimbursement by paper and electronic on CMS 1500 and UB04. Work denials and maintain monthly AR reports. Perform appeals as needed. Verify insurance, authorizations and referrals for maximum reimbursement. Provide medical records for all claims requesting supporting documentation. Post payments into system and input write offs or denials. Produce statements and balance on patient accounts. Oversees the quality customer service while performing collection of assigned outstanding aged account balances in hospital billing. Documents all collection activity along with maintaining an organized unit. Responds to all correspondence, communication and/or verbal inquiries from all supervisors, team leads and management. Utilize UB04 for the patients as needed and patient explanations of benefits to resolve complex revenue issues. Accurately prepares bills daily and submit for reimbursement timely based on contracted obligations. Review patient charts and records for completeness of patient insurance policies, guidelines, process and procedures. Efficiently complete daily edits and perform end of day report functions.
- Medical Billing/AR Specialist at Conifer Health Solutions
- at Chirocare Chiropractic
- at Advance America
3 years, 7 months at this Job
• Regional AR Specialist for skilled nursing in South West Florida area
• Provides training and ongoing education to the Business Office in all aspect LTC billing.
• Monitor AR for Medicare, Medicaid, Private Pay and Medicaid Pending accounts.
• Audit business office to ensure compliance with policy, procedure and acceptable standards of practice are utilized on SNF billing and Resident Trust Fund.
• Provides documented recommendations for improvement of the Business Office Manager to Administrators and Director of CBO.
• Assist with monthly quad check claims and educate facility team to ensure claims are created error free.
• Monitor and approve reports for month end close process.
- REGIONAL AR SPECIALIST at Greystone Healthcare Management
- HOSPICE & PALLIATIVE CARE BILLING SPECIALIST at Chapters Health System
- MEDICAL BILLING MANAGER at CESAR R. GAMERO, MD
- MEDICAL BILLER/FINANCIAL REP at Palms Medical Group
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- BA - Accounting
- Certificate in Medical Billing
- AA in Computer Networking Administration - Computer Networking Administration
- Certificate in Computerized Business
- HS Diploma