Responsibilities: * Directed outside architectural and engineering services for the bricks and mortar retail, Global Resource Center headquarters and distribution center facilities operated by Toys 'R Us and Babies 'R Us. Provided due diligence, design development, lease, landlord and tenant scope of work negotiations and construction document preparation. Establish soft and hard cost budgets to stay within provided capital while maintaining design and brand standards. * Managed the internal architectural and construction aspects of new and remodel projects with internal partners in Store Planning, Procurement, Risk Management, Asset Protection, Visual, Operations, etc., to incorporate and coordinate departmental and brand requirements. * Hands-on program manager for all special projects including asset management of owned and leased properties, feasibility studies, geotechnical reporting, governmental approvals, hazardous materials testing, municipal and landlord approvals. * Managed and resolved condemnations, easements, ADA, fire marshal, code compliance, DOT, OSHA, landlord and tenant issues for all new and existing properties. * Managed outside vendors in pursuing and securing the best possible, consistent brand presentation within an agreed upon capital budget. Toys 'R Us June 2010-May 2018 Senior Architectural Project Manager ~~~~~~~~~~) Accomplishments: * Successfully vetted, designed and implemented the Toys 'R Us Express temporary holiday store program during the last 7 holiday seasons, opening approximately 1,300 locations on a construction budget of $5,000 per location. * Reduced architectural and construction change orders by revamping the 3,500 square foot Outlet Prototype design development and construction documents to eliminate redundancy and overcomplication. * Instituted a two-step "page-turn" drawing review process of both the Design Development and Construction Documents before they are published. This led to a better understanding and clarity of the intended scope of work by the architects, municipal reviewers, contractors and vendors. * Designed, received municipal approval, installed storefront signage and opened five 10,000 sq. ft. temporary holiday-clearance stores three weeks from project inception before Black Friday, 2017.
- Senior Architectural Project Manager at Toys 'R Us
- Director, Retail Architecture and Store Planning at Linens 'N Things
7 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English
• In-office project manager for Mid-Atlantic distributor of Marvin Windows and Doors
• Worked in close support to Commercial Project Managers to oversee complex projects, from inception to completion, in a deadline driven environment.
• Read and interpret construction documents
• Produced quantity take-offs and estimates, and shop drawings.
• Processed RFI’s, submittals, daily logs, structural calculations, and LEED documentation.
• Coordinated job-site meetings, scheduling, order processing, and product delivery.
• Proven success and longevity in a role that requires versatility and comfort in both corporate office and construction jobsite environments.
- Architectural Project Manager at Super Enterprises
- Inspection Staff Manager at MAS Labs
10 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Construction Management
Yale New Haven Hospital Laboratories Relocation Project, Yale University New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut. Assisted Project Architect as Project Manager in completion of the Design Development Phase through Construction Document and Bidding Negotiation Phase on a 65,000 s.f. Relocation and upgrade to new 7-story shell building presently under construction bridged to the Medical center.
● Other Projects include: Atlanta Tech College Health Alliance Facility, Fort Valley Georgia University Classroom and Laboratory Facility, Alabama State University Life Science Facility, All Childrens Hospital St. Petersburg Florida, Franklin Community Hospital Johnson City Tennessee, Davis Dental Clinic Tuscaloosa Alabama, Advocate Clinical Laboratories Chicago Illinois.
- Architectural Project Manager at Karlsberger, Architects
- Architectural Project Manager at New South Architects, Inc
- Architectural Project Manager at Designform, Inc
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Architecture degree - Design Development
• Presented feasibility analysis, prepared and presented proposals and bids to the clients based on deadlines and explained relevant details and reports as well as expense line items.
• Coordinated the development of schematic design and construction documentation for all disciplines.
• Communicated directly with managers, production staff, marketing personnel and clients to organize projects from original conceptual design through construction.
• Supervised and coordinated the progress of technical activities related to architectural and engineering projects, including leading the design team, reviewing draft and computer models, approving design changes, work allocation, training and staff mentoring.
• Audited, documented and approved product needs based on quality standards and budgeting.
• Managed direct growth, strategic planning, financial monitoring, and project delivery schedules as a member of the organization management team.
• Oversaw and directed the work performed by other members in project development stages and served as the project leader for conceptual, schematic and final designs while providing guidance and mentorship to the team.
• Developed documents, drew plans and as-built of different components.
• Identified, assessed and managed risks associated to the success of the projects.
• Reviewed shop drawings with design/build team and subcontractors.
- Sr. Architectural Project Manager at Irgan Isatis
- Sr. Architectural Project Manager at Barakat Pharmaceutical Group
- Supervisor of Technical Engineering Dept at Poliran Ettesal
- Architectural Expert at Namvaran Consulting Engineering
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- B.S. - Architectural Engineering
- Architectural Project Manager at Hofmann Design Build
8 years, 10 months at this Job
• Manages production of Construction Documents for Multi-Family Housing
• Creates Schematic Design, Design Development & Construction Documents for Multi-Family Housing
• Creates Construction Administration field reports based on quality of construction, work completed and adherence to construction schedule.
• Coordinates with contractors on resolving issues that arise during construction
- Associate Architectural Project Manager at Shapiro & Company Architects
- Junior Architect at The Mulhern Group
- Lighting Design Drafter, Modeler & Analyst at Lux et Veritas Lighting Design
- Junior Architect at Robert Zachry, Architect
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Architecture
- Bachelor of Art - Architecture
Being a smaller office I had many responsibilities outside my roll as being senior CAD drafter responsible for assuring standards were followed and projects maintained on schedule
- Architectural project manager/CAD senior drafter at David Dick Archirect
8 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Computer Aided Drafting Technology
- - Interior Design
- International Code Council - Residential Building Codes
• Responsible for designing and coordinating commercial and corporate construction projects for LA Design Inc.
• Collaborating with principal designer on space planning, architectural and interior design.
• Producing construction drawings, details, and 3D renders using autocad, sketchup and Vray.
• Producing documentation and presentations for clients.
• Selecting and specifying interior finishes according to architectural design (CMF and FF&E)
• Tracking and reviewing submittals as well as solving RFI's.
• Coordinating in a daily basis with other areas involved in the project such as Client's team, engineers, project managers, general contractors, suppliers and other commercial stakeholders.
- Architectural Designer/Project Manager at LA DESIGN INC
- Architectural Project Manager and designer at VD ARQUITECTURA
- COMMERCIAL ARCHITECT at CC PLAZA NORTE
- Architectural Coordinator at OAU+D Arquitectos
2 years at this Job
- Specialization program - Finance
- Specialization program - Project Management
- BACHELOR - ARCHITECTURE
- Licensed Architect - CAP 17196
Architectural Project Manager for a multi-unit National restaurant chain. Manage projects and Lead design team from Due Diligence through construction close-out. Construction costs ranging from 1.3 to 5 million dollars. Continuous communication with all project stakeholders, accountable for the delivery of quality and fulfillment of the overall project.
• Project Management
• Construction Documents
• AutoCAD, release 2018
• Building Codes
• ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act)
• ADA surveys
• Building Construction Methods
• Roofing Systems
• Construction Administration Accomplishments:
• Managed the development of new Prototype design for a multi-unit National restaurant chain.
• Value Engineering of prototype, cutting construction costs by nearly 20%.
• Development of a client's new New York prototype
• Developed and presented four part in-house 'Building Code' lunch and learn series. Eleven 1 8 Architecture Orlando, FL. Project Manager Project Manager for Retail, Business, and restaurant clients. Managed projects from conception through construction. Main client point of contact. Attended weekly on-site meetings for many projects discussing construction progress, providing remedies for design issues and dictated proactive approaches to maintain schedules. Clients: Walt Disney (Disney Springs) Sea World Ross Dress for Less Interplan, LLC Orlando, FL. Project Manager Project Manager for financial and restaurant projects nationwide. Managed projects, developed construction documents, permitting, construction administration and project closeout. As the client's main point of contact accountable for relationships with project stakeholders and responsible for all schedule and financial obligations. Construction costs ranging from 1.3 to 2.3 million dollars Clients: Chase Bank Speedway (Marathon Oil) Chase Bank (Washington Mutual conversions) Orlando Ale House Bock & Partners Architecture Altamonte Springs, FL Project Manager Project Manager for several multi-story office buildings, Tenant build-outs for retail clients and renovations for various restaurant chains. Managed projects from design development through construction. Main point of client contact working directly under Company President. Construction costs up to five (5) million dollars. Clients: Pelloni Corporation (Multi-story office condominium shell building) Orlando Central Services (Tenant Improvements) Applebee's Restaurants
- Project Manager at Interplan, LLC
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Project Management
- Associates of Applied Science - Architectural Technology
Oversee all phases of architectural projects including project management, construction administration, production, construction documents, bidding and negotiating, project meetings and specifications. - Responsible for code analysis and compliance of project design. - Create oral and written presentations for project designs and proposals. - Collaborate with builders to see that construction is in line with drawings and design. - Monitor the design process from conceptual phase through construction. - Evaluate, review and respond to change order request, request for information and shop drawings. - Assemble and submit bid packages to obtain bid and building permits. - Review completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for accuracy. - Client interaction through project meetings, site visit and phone contact. - Supervise construction and administration of projects with costs up to $10 million.
- Senior architectural project manager at The Pavese Group, P.A
- Project manager at The Pavese Group, P.A
- Intern architect at The Pavese Group, P.A
- Cad drafter at Harbor Consultants
14 years at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture - Architecture