• Worked closely with the Cass County Assessor, Collector, and Clerk to ensure that our office was compliant with the State standards and that all deadlines were being met within a timely manner.
• Managed a office staff of 17 people by tracking time and attendance, vacation and sick requests, paying bills, ordering supplies and was the point of contact for all vendors.
• Balanced and prepared assessed valuation totals of Real Estate and Personal Property.
• Reported all Assessed values that went to the school districts, cities, and emergency districts within in Cass County to assist them with setting their yearly tax levies.
• Maintained databases for for all Real Estate and Personal Property to ensure tax statements were reported correctly to the Collector.
• Prepared and processed Personal Property and Real Estate tax bills and notices for all taxpayers.
• Maintained positive working relationships with all Cass County Elected Officials.
• Monitored NIDS, CIDS, TIFS and special assessements for Cass County.
• Promptly responded to customer questions and complaints.+
• Assisted in the interview and hiring of all new employees.
- Deputy Assessor at Cass County Assessor
- Office Manager at Briggs Peculiar Hardware
14 years, 1 month at this Job
- High school
- Some college
Receives instruction in and uses computers and computer equipment, software and programs specifically designed for the Office of the Assessor.
● Assists appraisal staff by learning and performing duties involved in the appraisal of real and unsecured property. These duties include: input of valuation data for the purposes of creating, correcting or canceling assessment values for supplemental assessment and regular roll surrender values; scanning documents to image files; and collecting and inputting economic data used in an appraisal.
● Aids in the valuation of vessels and aircraft by selecting information from a valuation guide to prepare appraisal documents used by the appraiser to determine value; inputs cost data from annual business statements and other source documents; and selects and applies factors, as instructed, from percent good tables.
● Reviews and processes permits, split and combine packages, and various file folder documents for input relating to valuation or sale of property; reviews and processes homeowner and business property exemptions claims to determine eligibility; and reviews and processes applications, agendas, and exhibits as a part of the processing of business property Assessment Appeals.
● Reviews and/or processes a wide variety of documents to determine intended action, correctness of the document, completeness of information in the document and conformance with procedures in the Office of the Assessor.
● Develops knowledge of computer workstations, personal computers, peripheral devices and the Assessor's information system.
● Performs daily assignments using a personal computer which includes: conducting ownership research, entering, storing, retrieving and updating data, and working with data relevant to the appraisal and assessment of secured and unsecured property.
● Reviews and examines a variety of recorded documents regarding changes of ownership and transfers of properties; and determines action occurring and ascertains reappraisal status.
● Determines percent (fractional) ownership in property transfer documents.
● May deal directly with the public, either in person or on the telephone, answering routine questions pertaining to assessment and property issues.
- Assessor's Technician at Alameda County Assessor's Office
- Specialist Clerk I at Alameda County Assessor's Office
- Customer Service Specialist at Walmart
- Teller at California Check Cashing
2 months at this Job
- Associates of Science - Business Administration
Serving Bureau County as a Deputy Tax Assessor, assisting the general public with exemptions complying to state statutes and following county protocol. Assisting the general public with any questions via walk in, phone, fax, or email regarding their property taxes. Sending out proper information regarding the tax papers property to both public and professionals. Responsible for data entry, filing and maintaining accurate records.
- Deputy Assessor at BUREAU COUNTY COURTHOUSE
- Server at Spoons Restaurant
- Unit Clerk / Certified Nursing Assistant at Illinois Valley Community Hospital
1 year at this Job
- - Certified Nursing Assistant
Report directly to, represent, and serve as an adviser to the County Assessor. Speak and act on behalf of the elected official when she is absent. Direct the department staff in all daily operations and oversee personnel matters, including recruitment, training, performance evaluation, and discipline. Responsible for the preparation & presentation of the annual budget, levy calculations, tax code areas, annexations, countywide annual revaluation, personal property program, Open Space and Designated Forest Land programs, mapping and segregation department, property tax exemption programs, taxpayer concerns, correspondence, public records requests, payroll, and accounts payable functions.
- Chief Deputy Assessor at Mason County Assessor
- Certification and Training Program Specialist at WA Secretary of State Elections Division
- Elections Superintendent at Mason County Auditor
- Policy Analyst/Certification and Training Coordinator at WA Secretary of State Elections Division
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Social Work and Public Administration
- Associate's Degree in Arts & Sciences - Arts & Sciences
Property Assessor I
• Inspect and determine values for residential and commercial property including new construction and property additions
• Study and keep records of current market values
• Measure homes accurately to get SQFT and sketch of home
• Receive and read permits for scheduled projects
• Responsible for county equipment and vehicle
• Make own schedule to review each location weekly or bi weekly
• Communicate to tax payers with respect and give accurate information
• Record information into computer for public and county use
• Calculate a current market value for taxes
- Rutherford County Property Assessor at Rutherford County Property Assessor
- Administrative Assistant II at Rutherford County Landfill
- Shipping Specialist at Enovate Medical
- Internet Sales Associate at Ford of Murfreesboro
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- license - Recording Industry
Assess properties for value, work appeals and permit applications as they come into the office.
- Tax Assessor at Brantley County Tax Assessor
- Detailer at Frito Lay
- Security Guard Officer at US SECURITY ASSOCIATES
- Maid at Mckenzie's Cleaning
10 months at this Job
• Responsible for the proper completion and submission of Illinois Real Estate Property Tax Exemptions available to the citizens of the city of Alton.
• Research and organize supporting documentation of real estate assessment appeals filed with the Madison County Board of Review, as well as attending the hearings as scheduled.
• Working closely with the Assessor and Deputy Assessor to ensure all residential and commercial properties have assessments in line with the Fair Market Value.
- DEPUTY ASSESSOR at ALTON TOWNSHIP - ASSESSOR'S OFFICE
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT at GREATER ST. JAMES BAPTIST CHURCH
- IMPLEMENTATION COORDINATOR at TALX CORPORATION
- RETAIL SUPPORT SPECIALIST at US BANK
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Accountancy
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE - Accounting
- Deputy Assessor at Harrison County Assessor
25 years, 8 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Appraise personal property through the review and analysis of declaration schedules for personal property.
• Verifies information provided by taxpayers and their agents through phone interviews and written correspondence.
• Classify personal property and calculates assessed value.
• Record, calculate, and maintain information about personal property accounts.
• Research new businesses to assign appraised valuation and equitability.
• Respond to taxpayer protests with regard to disputes of personal property values and valuation methodology.
• Educate and assist the public by answering questions pertaining to personal property appraisal, value, ownership, and description.
• Assist in review and preparation of taxpayer abatements.
• Prepare and present appraisal reports supporting the assessment value for abatement/valuation hearings before the County Board of Equalization, the State Board of Assessment Appeals, and District Court; consults with the appropriate assessor staff and the County Attorney's Office on all litigation matters.
- Assessor at Pulaski County Government
- Building Maintenance Technician at Pulaski County Government
- Maintenance Technician at Pulaski County Government
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
- High school
General duties include: * customer service (tax payers, land owners, real estate agents, lawyers and fellow departments) * answering phones * maintenance of land books * research/title searches * map cards * print/sell county tax maps * data entry, scanning and copying documents * transfers of real estate and mineral deeds
- Deputy Assessor at Monongalia County Assessor's Office
- Warehouse Laborer at
- Black Hat Coal Miner at ERP Compliant Fuels, Inc
- Black Hat Coal Miner at Vindex Energy
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Certification - Education