Address: 7600 Boston Blvd, Springfield, VA 22150 | Phone: +1(703) 852-9000 Position: Assignment Editor / Writer, November 2011 to September 2018 Responsibilities: * Writing and producing TV stories about various journalistic topics. * Quality assurance. * Translating TV stories from English into Arabic. * Acting producer, line producer and production assistant. *Multimedia producer. * TV reporter. Job Experience:
- Assignment Editor / Writer at Middle Eastern Broadcasting Network
- Arabic Instructor at Foreign Service Institute, State Department
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- - ESL
- - ESL
As an Assignment Editor my main role is to provide information to create a news story. As a field producer, I gather all the necessary elements to tell a story. To achieve both, you must remain constant communication with public relation specialists, Public Information Officers and social media. These roles also includes reading hundreds of press releases everyday and deciding if something is relevant. Every story begins at the Assignment Desk. I am also an administrator for the tv station’s Facebook page. They currently have more than 2 million likes and it continues to grow. I post stories and create media for use on the page.
- Assignment Editor/Field Producer at WLS-TV
9 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Fine Arts
Spectrum News, Rochester, New York (2015 - Present)
• Directs news coverage while utilizing a staff of up to sixteen reporters and photographers. Plans, develops, and implements short- and longer-term news coverage options. Logistically manages and dispatches crews to breaking news scenes, and in a changing news environment, provides updated information to assist news staff in the field.
• Leads news production meetings and implements news coverage decisions. Communicates and coordinates with news-gathering staff concerning assignments and staff activities, including arranging live shots, on-scenes, distribution of equipment and transportation.
• Precisely identifies potential news coverage options. Changes potential stories into active coverage while insightfully assisting the production of news content for multiple platforms. Develops, maintains, and interviews sources prior to determine journalistic value and purpose of story ideas and coverage requests, prior to scheduling and assigning stories.
• Provides and verifies accurate background information to assist reporters and producers bring news stories to broadcast. Verifies and confirms information for news stories by researching, calling sources, and conducting interviews. Researches news trends, specific topics, events, and activities of importance to bolster news coverage.
• Communicates with reporters, and updates producers on progress of developing news stories. Tracks current events through various sources, such as Internet, newspapers, television and scanners. Monitors news content of regional media to identify Spectrum News exclusives; and the news worthiness of competitive news offerings, with an eye on additional Spectrum News coverage.
- Assignment Editor at Spectrum News
at this Job
- B.A. - Speech Communications
- Master's - Christian Ministry
Decide which reportor/MMJ, and photograher will cover a given story. Gathering information from metro area police, fire, and city press releases. Pitching story ideas. Update the assignment calendar. Write and edit website stories.
- Assignment Editor at KIAH CW 39 HOUSTON
- Floor Director at KRIV FOX
- Customer Service Agent at SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO
- Air Control Operator at KWTX BROADCASTING CO. - CBS AFFILIATE
6 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Communication Radio/TV/Film
- Bachelor Of Arts - Communications
TV-owned WWOR in Secaucus, NJ. I produce/edit scripts for reporters on an innovative, daily half-hour news program that airs in New York and Philadelphia. Duties include: organize day's assignments; collaborate with Managing Editor to plan the next day and future assignments; book newsmakers; assist in news gathering; collect video elements for stories in iNews/LexisNexis); video intake/editing (Grass Valley Edius); and generate enterprise stories that I write, produce and report from the field.
- Assignment Editor at FOX
- Retail Reporter/Columnist for the Philadelphia Inquirer's Business Desk at
- General Assignment Reporter at
- Casino Beat Writer at Philadelphia Inquirer's Business Desk
9 months at this Job
- Master in Government Administration - Public Policy and Finance
- BA - Political Science
I am an experienced assignments editor at KPRC in Houston, Texas. I coordinate daily and breaking news coverage which includes, contributing story ideas, making calls, research, vetting sources, directing Chopper/field crews, setting up interviews, updating staff, coordinating coverage with other news organizations, and finding appropriate digital elements. I possess strong written and verbal communication skills, knowledge and proficient in AP Style. Demonstrated strengths include generating media coverage, and developing social media campaigns. Experienced with HTML, CSS, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere. I am able to effectively multi-task in fast paced environments while meeting goals and deadlines. A dedicated team player who contributes to the organization’s and team’s goals.
- Assignment Editor at KPRC
- Weekend Assignments Editor at KTRK ABC 13
- Assignment Desk Intern at KTRK ABC 13
- Production Assistant at Sam Houston State University
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Multi Platform Journalism
- Assisting the news editors in organizing daily news programs - Coordinating bookings and tasks with the news desk - Staying in touch with bureaus and field correspondents - Sending breaking news updates to our various correspondents and bureaus - Assigning pitches, vetting stories with correspondents - Providing correspondents with factual research, relevant contacts, editorial input, and direction - Assisting correspondents on the field during missions and live broadcasts by briefing them on the latest developments Assignment & Interview Producer
- Assignment Editor at Al Hurra TV
- at Abu Dhabi TV
- Political Editor at Abu Dhabi TV
- at Foreign Correspondent (U.A.E)
12 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - French Language & Literature
- Baccalauréat - Literature
* Photo Assignments Editor, * Photojournalist Covering a wide range of assignments
- Photo Assignment Editor/Photographer at New York Daily News
- Contributing Photographer at The New York Times
- Photographer at Associated Press Images
- Photographer/Owner at Luiz C. Ribeiro Photography
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- - Professional Photography
- - Photography
• Arabic trainer at Buraq technical institute for media and production for 3 years.
• Media and Communication specialist at United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), Headquarter, Gaza, Palestine, for more than 10 years.
• Correspondent for the UN Radio, located in New York, for 5 years. www.unmultimedia.org/arabic/radio
- Assignment Editor at Radio SAWA
- Managing editor at "Sama News Agency" in Gaza
- Free-lance at "Sama News Agency" in Gaza
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Diploma in Journalism - Journalism
Coordinate assignments for reporters and photographers at 13WHAM. Monitor scanners in the newsroom in case breaking new develops. Research story ideas and pitch them to the editorial staff. Serve as a liaison between the newsroom and the public. Aid reporters and photographers with assignments. Write stories for 13wham.com and help monitor the station's social media accounts.
- Assignment Editor at 13WHAM-ABC
- Producer at 13WHAM-ABC
- Associate Producer at 13WHAM-ABC
- Website Director at WBSU
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Electronic Journalism