Assist Head Buyer both administratively and as Assistant Buyer in the procurement of lighting products from China for Company's website and 36 brick & mortar stores, as well as e-commerce websites including Amazon, eBay, and Walmart. Serve as liaison to customers, clients, vendors and in-house sales representatives. Analyze product sales and inventory; work with drop ship vendors and other home decor/lighting companies to add new products to Company website. Place, track and follow-up purchase orders with manufacturers on product delivery; monitor receipt of products to warehouses and stores. Update pricing and monitor/remove discontinued products globally across Company web platforms and brick & mortar stores. Create and manage product SKUs from domestic and international vendors utilizing AS400 program. Create, update and maintain store product display layouts for brick & mortar stores utilizing AS400 and Excel Planograms.
- Assistant Buyer at Lamps Plus
- Merchandising Coordinator at Lamps Plus
- Office Manager, Human Resources Department, University Student Union at CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, NORTHRIDGE
- Parks and Open Space Intern, Rivendale Park and Open Space Master Plan at CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, NORTHRIDGE
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Urban Studies and Planning
My responsibility as an Assistant Buyer is to support the buyer in a number of roles, most being highly dependent on data entry, strategically curating compelling collections, organizing samples and information from vendors, and communicating with other departments to ensure a professional and exciting website.
- Assistant Buyer at Zulily
- Visual Merchandiser at Fireworks Gallery
- Logistics Coordinator at JD Stellar
- Merchandise Coordinator at TJMaxx
1 month at this Job
- - Marketing
Production Coordinator, Forever 21 Currently Employed Lincoln Heights, CA - I began my employment at Forever 21 as a sample coordinator, I was then promoted to assistant buyer and with my most recent promotion my position is now Production Coordinator. As a Production Coordinator I negotiate product quality, purchase quantity, landed cost, and delivery with vendors. Model Dresser, Shannon Davidson Productions Previously Employed Los Angeles, CA - I dressed models for different designers and brands. Sales Associate, Hollister & Co Previously Employed Cerritos, CA - My responsibilities included delivering excellent customer service, dressing mannequins in desired outfits, assisting with monthly floor sets, and standardizing merchandize.
- assistant buyer at Forever 21
at this Job
- Associate of Arts
- High School Diploma
• Successfully completed 12 week Assistant Buyer onboarding program
• Ensure timely delivery of approximately $5,000,000 in merchandise monthly through consistent communication with distribution center, vendors, and third party logistics representatives
• Support Buyer in generating monthly sales forecasts, planning product assortments, recommending reorder styles, and identifying in-store opportunities
• Create purchase orders weekly with high degree of accuracy to ensure quick and seamless entry by Order Entry Team
• Assist in vendor negotiations regarding price, quantity, and delivery terms of merchandise while maintaining and growing a healthy relationship
• Collaborate daily with cross functional teams such as Planning and Allocation to ensure purchases are kept within plan and delivering to appropriate store locations
- Assistant Buyer at BURLINGTON STORES
- Booking Associate Intern at BDP INTERNATIONAL
- Merchandising Assistant Intern at ZAPPOS.COM
- Logistics Liaison Intern at WEBSTAURANTSTORE.COM
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Supply Chain Management
I started out as a Receptionist at my previous employers for 15 years. Greeting Guests and helping them locate their person of interest / Dept. Handled All incoming and out going USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, mail. Entered all new suppliers / vendors in Company Plex system, Tracked and Reported all Part change Notifications. Handled discrepancies on Invoices, Then was promoted to Assistant Buyer due to all the knowledge I had from assisting Supply Chain Dept.
- Receptionist / Clerk / Assistant Buyer at Wolverine Advanced Materials
- Receptionist/ Clerk / Associate Buyer at
27 years, 10 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
- High school or equivalent - Business
• Generated brand sales increases of up to 300% by building and actively managing relationships with vendors, negotiating competitive pricing, creating urgency drivers across the supply chain, and accessing previously unavailable SKUs.
• Exceeded sales goals by 10% on a monthly basis by analyzing seasonal sale trends and translating into strategic, data-driven buying plans.
• Increased sell-through by 25%, while decreasing returns by 2.0%. Achieved by optimizing management of in-house images and processing of SKUs to provide customers with more comprehensive information to make informed purchasing decisions.
• Delivered more than 20% growth in online event demand by implementing a new strategically-informed creative homepage vision.
• Earned the company's prestigious 'Adapting to Change Award' for performance excellence.
• Provided classroom instruction to new hires.
• Served on numerous internal committees: Employee Engagement Improvement, Assistant Buyer Job Function Planning, and Event Planning.
- Assistant Buyer Kids Toys at ZULILY INC
- Sales Associate, Individualist Department at NORDSTROM INC
- Event Planner at BRIDEGEWATERS INC
- Assistant Buyer - Gourmet Food & Candy at BLOOMINGDALE'S INC
1 year at this Job
- B.S. - Marketing
• Responsible for learning all aspects of the Assistant Buyer's position including plans, assortment, sourcing and negotiations
• Assist in the development of business strategies in order maximize sales and profits
• Identify business trends, analyze and make recommendations.
• Recommend sources for new products and new vendors.
• Partner with Product Development - recommend profitable exclusive merchandise.
• Participate in vendor negotiations.
• Maintain flow of office-computer (input purchase orders, maintenance, spreadsheets), daily communication, hone coverage, work with other departments including Distributions, Product Development, Planagrams, Assortment, etc
- Assistant Buyer at Spirit Halloween
- Quality Control Specialist at Care Services, LLC
- Account Manager at MedCall LLC
- Enrollment Coordinator at Delphi Healthcare Partners/TeamHealth
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Fashion Merchandising
• Assisted with reconciling discrepancies related to receiving and shipping
• Managed merchandising purchase reorders
• Researched and explored marketplace and category trends. Present new product ranges to manager/buyer
• Proficient in assisting buyer with determining appropriate adjustments such as markdowns, delivery changes and price negotiations
• Fundamental comprehension of statistical components of business such as, selloffs and markdown percentages
• Assist buyer with negotiating terms with vendors (price, quantity, net terms)
• Communicate and maintain effective relationships with vendors
• Experienced in creating periodic reports and recaps to support merchandising strategies
• Prepare Excel spreadsheets for merchandise assistant team including V Look up, If statement and pivot tables
• Analyze key selling reports to generate selling recaps which help identify business opportunities and liabilities
• Maintain, process and monitor import and domestic purchase orders in PO entry systems
• Work with senor buyers in OTB maintenance
• Assist senior planner in store planner and allocation
• Created weekly competitor analysis for feedback to buyer and merchandise support team
• Manage an average of OTB of 2M per month
- Assistant Buyer at Ross Stores
- Operations Coordinator at Ross Stores
- Teller at Capital One Bank NA
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- MBA - Business Management
- Bachelors of Arts - Psychology
• Supported the Assistant Buyer, Buyer, and VP/Divisional Merchandise Manager with selecting and procuring merchandise for a $14.1 billion, off-price Fortune 500 retailer
• Handled the full life cycle of purchase orders including markdowns, changes or cancellations within the Ross system and necessary follow up with vendors to ensure that nearly 100% of merchandise was delivered to standard
• Monitored and updated the buyer's open-to-buy; balancing assortment and flexing from flow to pack away
• Partnered with planning and allocation to pull, analyze and recap necessary sales analyses required for weekly product meetings
• Regularly went to market, selected product and handled negotiations in conjunction with my Buyer and Divisional Merchandise Manager
- Assistant Buyer Intern at Ross Stores Inc
- Buying/Marketing Intern at Mes Amies Dress Boutique
9 months at this Job
- - Retailing and Consumer Behavior
Our Edwards location was closed in June of 2018. I was offered a position as the new assistant buyer at our KU Medical Center location. I began there in July of 2018. My duties included many of the same tasks as my position at Edwards, but my additional responsibilities are detailed below; 1. Responsible for all buying of medical supplies, scrubs, and labcoats for both retail and hospital/university employees 2. Work with vendors to create embroidery items, such as apparel for five different departments 3. Handle all receiving of orders into our inventory system 4. Meets and coordinates with department heads and administrators to come up with best options for scrubs and labcoats 5. Works with manager to display distribution and inventory
- Full Time Assistant Buyer at KU MEMORIAL UNIONS - KU Bookstore - KU Medical Center
- Full Time Lead Sales Associate at KU MEMORIAL UNIONS - KU Bookstore - Edwards Campus
- Assistant Manager at Jayhawk Discount Liquor
- Office Manager at MidAmerica Nazarene University
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Political Science & Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies