Assistant Buyer in Outdoor Apparel Division
Assistant Buyer in Outdoor Apparel Division
- Assistant Buyer at Academy Sports + Outdoors
- Assistant Buyer at J.C. Penney
- Merchandise Assistant at J.C. Penney
- Sr. Content Specialist at Stage Stores
2 months at this Job
- - Fashion Merchandising & Retail Management
- B.S. - Retailing and Consumer Science
Area: Décor (Accent Furniture, Rug & Lighting) & Nursery As an assistant buyer at Art van assisted Buyer with developing strategies and seasonal assortment plan to maximize the development of the sales, profit and the company's brand. As a company's rep my responsibilities include maintaining positive vendor relations, preparing retail and pricing strategies, placing and tracking purchase orders, managing inventory and keeping track of market trends.
• Worked with vendor to obtain desired product assortment; negotiated cost to maximize profit margin.
• Maintained open to buy report and delivery log and managed receipt flow to ensure optimum sales and inventory results.
• Reviewed, processed and tracked monthly replenishment orders, as well as emergency orders when applicable.
• Created purchase orders quickly and with a high degree of accuracy resulting in consistent stock replenishment and reducing stock-outs.
• Ensured timely delivery of merchandise through consistent communication with vendors and distribution center.
• Monitored receipt flow, operations and store issues.
• Generated and distributed weekly sales and style selling reports for the Divisional Merchandising Manager and other leadership team.
• Collaborated with cross functional teams including Planning, Creative, Technology, Marketing, and Finance for achieving the goal.
• Worked on the markdown strategies on slow moving merchandise.
• Worked and collaborated with cross functional teams on running weekly, monthly and special promotions.
• Worked with buyer on inventory cleanup and maximize the Sell thru.
• Supported my buyer in generating sales forecasts, collecting vendor allowances, and planning product assortments for seasonal buys like Outdoor, Harvest and Christmas.
• Rolled out AV Baby (Art van Nursery Program) and the category is growing with each passing month.
• Created seasonal final binders and boards that reflect committed buys and seasonal assortment for leadership to review.
• Created weekly competitor analysis and feedback for the team.
• Analyzed sales and site performance through advanced reporting tools including Google Analytics.
• Supervised website content and visual merchandising, improved SEO through optimizing product detail pages
- Assistant Buyer at Art Van Furniture
- Senior Buyer at Kempkids
- Buyer and Merchandiser at Kempkids
- Sampling Merchandiser at Bhartiya International
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Post Graduate Diploma - Leather Apparel Design and Technology
• Promoted following superior performance and problem solving ability
• Primary Buyer for the Sports, Military, and Inspirational Home Décor/Gifts categories
• Assistant Buyer for Home Décor, Yard & Garden, Diecast, Adult Licensed, Collectibles, Home Office, and Stationery
• Delegate 10 category workload and supervise Assistant
- Senior Assistant Buyer at Publishers Clearing House
- Assistant Buyer at
- VOLUNTEER at Make A Wish Foundation
- Sales Associate and Pharmaceutical Clerk at Stop & Shop
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Marketing
As an Assistant Buyer, I assistant in managing a portfolio of Vendors and products, the largest in the company consisting of $40 million in annual eCommerce sales. This begins with planning and merchandising strategy, brand strategy for growth and development, multi-department partnerships to analyze sales and determine future learnings, work in correspondence with product developers and directly with vendors to decide products and negotiate costs, all pre-sale set-up including with Marketing and Creative teams, all post sale coordination including with vendors and shipping/fulfilment departments. Plan entire seasons with my projected trend analysis, using sales initiatives and daily company sales analysis Work with product development team to plan seasons key products Negotiate directly with vendors for desired products and costs to ensure margins Plan and curate events (sales) Execute and manage all pre-sale tasks such as coordinating inventory, inputting pertinent information, work with creative teams to best elevate products Work with Marketing team for sales initiatives and boost sales Oversee every sale and ensure smooth transition from pre- to post-sale Analysis of sales and use for future learnings
- Assistant Buyer at zulily
- Digital and Social Media Coordinator, Manager, Buyer at Edie's Boutique
- Marketing & Content Coordinator at Craft & Culture
- Senior Buyer, Merchandiser at Buffalo Exchange
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- - ecological field work, biological
- college prep - forward curriculum
Kill Devil Hills, NC buying/purchasing department. January 2019- Present Assistant Buyer Brand Manager for multiple vendors Assist buyer during vendor meetings Attend trade shows and vendor appointments Assist with floor sets in multiple stores Allocate inventory to stores on purchase orders
Kill Devil Hills, NC
buying/purchasing department. January 2019- Present
Brand Manager for multiple vendors
Assist buyer during vendor meetings
Attend trade shows and vendor appointments
Assist with floor sets in multiple stores
Allocate inventory to stores on purchase orders
- Assistant Buyer at Kitty Hawk Kites
- Assistant Manager/ Merchandising Intern at Kitty Hawk Kites
- Omni Associate at Kohl's
- Executive Member at Association of Fashion
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Bachelor's of Science in Merchandising and Product Development
- Associate - Associates of Arts in Busines
• Successfully processed data, compiled reports
• Showed adaptability by taking on additional responsibilities as assistant buyer, working with multiple buyers to provide support
• Collaborated closely with colleagues to improve buyer / planner data interaction process
• Coordinated with vendors, provided management of sample process, proofed catalogs
- Data Entry Specialist / Assistant Buyer at BlueStem Brands (via Robert Half Staffing)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant at Boston University - Actuarial Science Department
- Assistant Manager at Barnes & Noble Booksellers
- Meteorological Operations Specialist at Weather Services International Corporation
3 months at this Job
- Master's - Actuarial Science
- Bachelor's - Meteorology
* Work alongside buyer and assistant buyer * Attend trade fairs and showrooms to select women's wear buys each season * Keep track of merchandise shipments and inventory distribution * Check all clothing into store and the record the status of payments * Assist Sales Department to predict trends through sales * Maintain strong attention to detail for store organizing and merchandizing * Keep track of all merchandise that enters and exits the store by consistently conducting inventory
- Assistant Buyer at The Tannery
- Marketing and Research Associate at ID Consultario
- Production Assistant at Sinesia Karol, LLC
- Intern at Mar Louco
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Musical Theatre
- - Portuguese
Duties I was responsible for cycle counting, checking into major shortages and overage. Take care of vendor and customer returns. I do some domestic purchasing. Handle some of our secondary operations done to specialty parts. Made and maintain a couple different spreadsheets. Now I work with the packaging group and still do some of above tasks also. Accomplishments: Started on the floor as a warehouse worker. Went to a lead in the skinpack department then inventory control/assistant buyer. Skills Used I work with very little supervision. I work well between the warehouse and office.
- Assistant Buyer at Fullco Industries, Inc.
11 years at this Job
- Some college
• Supported buyer in managing three multi million dollar departments that have double digit annual comp growth for 700 stores
• Negotiated or assisted in negations with vendors to ensure maximum profit margin
• Cultivated relationships with new vendors while maintaining and growing existing partnerships
• Collaborated with various internal departments along with external logistic contacts to ensure purchase orders are delivered in a timely fashion
• Assists domestic and import vendors in product development for Burlington exclusive items along with their core line
• Successfully trained two assistant buyers and helped train two merchandise assistants
- Assistant Buyer at Beauty Department, Burlington Stores
- Sales Manager at Macy's Executive Development Program
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - History
Assistant Buyer for a manufacturer of pet supplies, with >7K SKUs maintained, >$20M in annual revenue and ~60 employees. Restructuring led to elimination of position. Engaged with Production Manager, Customer Service and Shipping, Marketing and Accounting departments during all stages of product development and delivery. Determined materials required, backorders, estimated sales, logistics and payment/reconciliation of invoices. ✓ Reduced time to create buy report from 1 day to 1 hour. ✓ Decreased backorders, and increased inventory as percentage of sales to 5.3% as requested.
• Worked with vendor base of 95% international (China, Taiwan, Vietnam, India, Nicaragua and Canada) and 5% U.S. Purchased all finished goods, representing about 5K SKUs and volume of nearly $4M. Ensured pro forma invoices were accurate, and approved/signed them.
• Teamed with 3rd party logistics and supply chain manager to oversee and track 10-15 international shipments simultaneously. Included dealing with customs and freight transportation. Produced weekly shipping status reports distributed company wide.
• Ran weekly MRP (Material Requirements Planning) reports to determine items needed to meet production schedules and sent orders directly to Buyer.
• Measured and weighed 5K SKUs kept in warehouse, and uploaded data into computer system to provide more accurate shipping information to key vendors such as Amazon. Also assisted with other warehousing and inventory-control tasks.
• Partnered with IT department to create a new buy report to automate and streamline scheduling of purchases and shipments.
Assistant Buyer for a manufacturer of pet supplies, with >7K SKUs maintained, >$20M in annual revenue and ~60 employees. Restructuring led to elimination of position.
Engaged with Production Manager, Customer Service and Shipping, Marketing and Accounting departments during all stages of product development and delivery. Determined materials required, backorders, estimated sales, logistics and payment/reconciliation of invoices.
✓ Reduced time to create buy report from 1 day to 1 hour.
✓ Decreased backorders, and increased inventory as percentage of sales to 5.3% as requested.
- Assistant Buyer at MiracleCorp Products
- Buyer at Affinity Apparel
- Billing Clerk at Blue Ribbon Billing
- Customer Service Rep and Processor at Christian Financial Services
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate degree in Accounting - TECHNOLOGY