ASSISTANT CONTROLLER SILVERSTONE, INC.
5/22/2017 - PRESENT
• Prepare and disribute financial statements
• Mange month-end close, including account analysis and reconciliations
• Manage fixed asset additions and reconciliations
• Manage and process three individual property management companies
• Work closely with external auditors
• Manage inventory reconciliations
• Prepare and post general ledger journal entries
• Oversee billing and accounts receivable clerk
• Manage accounts payable
• Sales/Use Tax preparation for multiple states
• Ad-hoc financial analysis projects
- Assistant Controller at Silverstone, Inc
- Senior Fund Accountant at Gemini Fund Services, LLC
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Accounting
- Bachelor's - Finance, Investment Science, Banking, Accounting
Assistant Controller at this 236-bed acute care facility with 13 Physicians Practice Groups and 1,400 employees. Assists the Controller in generation of monthly financial reports, prepares Journal Entries and performs monthly reconciliations of general ledger accounts to ensure the integrity of financial statement reporting and full SOX and Internal Control Compliance. Responsible for month end closing procedures for multiple COIDs to include AP, AR, Contractuals, intercompany, taxes, and accruals. Assists the controller and staff with development of annual budgets, tax reporting, cost reports, and other reporting required from the department. Supervision and management of the accounts payable staff routinely and oversight of all accounting staff. Serves as a mentor to all staff.
• Effectively decreased the number of close hours by streamlining and improving processes.
• Reduced errors in Accounts Payable including eliminating duplicate invoice payments, past due invoicing and other errors.
• Ensured all equipment in the hospital is under contractual maintenance to reduce expenses.
- Assistant Controller at CLARK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
- Controller at MACDOUGALLS' CAPE COD MARINE SERVICE
- Business Manager at ATLANTIC BROADBAND
- Business Manager/Controller at AIKEN COMMUNICATIONS, INC
1 month at this Job
- CERTIFICATE - PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Full-service commercial bank, with assets over $1B, operating 12 banking centers and five dedicated commercial lending centers. ASSISTANT CONTROLLER Hired as Senior Accountant, promoted to Accounting Manager and then to Assistant Controller to manage four-member Accounting Department. Key member of System Implementation Team, guiding set up and resolving issues as they arose. Investigated sub ledger accounts against balance sheet and prepared balance sheet reconciliations. Prepared and reviewed income statement variance analysis. Oversaw investment and fixed asset accounting, accounts payable and monthly financial closings, preparing journal entries, and bank reconciliations. Documented financial, federal and state audits and prepared monthly board reports. CONTRIBUTIONS & PROCESS DEVELOPMENT:
• Improved efficiency by upgrading accounting, budgeting, and month end closing procedures.
• Further improved efficiency by switching prepaid from Excel form to an unused system module.
• Prepared SEC filings of 10-Q/10-K, XBRL, and Federal Call Report.
• Decreased month-end close completion from 15 to 5 days via daily reconciliations and staff training.
• Slashed 10q/10k completion time by creating Excel worksheets using pivot tables.
• Paid vendors more quickly and eliminated paper usage by implementing ACHs for accounts payable.
- Assistant Controller at Community Bank of the Chesapeake
- Business Office Manager at Charlotte Hall Veterans Home
9 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting
Started as a consultant and filled the immediate need for Assistant Controller. Processed all Sales Taxes for all 43 locations in various states as well as other municipal taxes. Changed processes that have not previously worked to be more efficient and cost effective for the organization. Reported to the CFO and worked closely with other Executive Team Leaders. Liasion with Corporate Auditors and Bank Auditors to meet regulations and borrowing base requirements. Responsible for supervisory responsibilities including: planning and directing work, training and coaching, appraising and disciplining performance, addressing and resolving issues.
- Assistant Controller at OldTime Pottery
- Senior Accountant (Consultant) at VACO Recruiting
- Accounting Manager - Human Resource Manager - Customer Service Manager at MasterChannel Management, Inc
- Fiscal Manager at Community Ties of America, Inc
1 year at this Job
- - Management
- Bachelor of Arts - Accounting
- Associate of Applied Science - Real Estate Management / Mineral Land Management
Sourcing and Distribution of Farm, Ranch, and Pet Products.
Inventory/Warehouse Division of Mid-States Co-Op
Position: Assistant Controller
• Manage, direct, prioritize, and share the workload with a staff of 3 including, inventory (shipping, receiving, invoicing, adjustments, shipping errors), drop ships, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and inbound and outbound freight.
• Formulate a daily cash flow analysis prior to processing weekly ACH pulls from members and paying vendors.
• Cleanse and validate the monthly activity including monthly reconciliations, ensuring all accruals are accounted for, and financial statement creation and evaluation, budgeting, and forecasting are executed and presented.
• We recently purchased a warehouse and are working on an ERP conversion. I am the sole distribution division accounting person working on these new developments as well as many other projects as they arise in our rapidly evolving environment.
- Assistant Controller at Mid-States Distributing, LLC
- Corporate Controller at Bay West, LLC
- Recreational Products Group Divisional Controller at Bell Recreational Products Group, Inc
- Controller at Miller Manufacturing Company
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Accounting Degree - Accounting
(Affiliate of EmblemHealth)
A newly-formed physician practice merging 4 separate practices that cover four boroughs and Long Island with revenues of $635 million and includes a workforce of 3000 employees.
Assistant Controller - Assisted in set up of financial operations, including financial systems, monthly reporting, forecasting, cash and tax management, and month-end close.
• Assisted in start-up and implementation of PeopleSoft 9.2-general ledger, accounts payable, supply chain, asset management.
• Assisted with Payroll (ADP) and Revenue Cycle (Epic) integration.
• Perform monthly reporting, treasury functions, cash management, budgeting, and account and variance analysis to work through streamlining processes and implementation of best practices.
• Work with CFO and Controller to improve profitability through effective cost reduction and increase in utilization.
• Work with internal auditor in developing policies, procedures and internal controls.
• Coordinate year-end audit by D&T and tax audits.
• Oversee a team of 7 accountants.
- Assistant Controller at AdvantageCare Physicians
- Controller at Manhattan's Physician Group
- Senior Accountant at University Physicians of Brooklyn/Downstate Medical center
- Accountant at mahfouz and sollazzo, CPAs
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
Started as executive assistant and was promoted to assistant Controller shortly before I left. I left because husband got a job in Kentucky.
- Assistant Controller at Hallmark Management Service Inc.
- Assistant Manager at Family Dollar
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business
Los Angeles, CA) 2017 to Present
Software company that provides business solutions for entertainment professionals Assistant Controller
Responsible for operations of the accounting department including monthly financial reporting, tax, accounts payable and receivable, cash management, forecasting, budgeting, and payroll.
• Establish processes and tools to streamline monthly accounting reporting to ensure it is completed in an accurate and timely manner. Maintain monthly reconciliation schedules.
• Convert newly acquired company financials from cash-basis to US GAAP compliant, accrual basis financials with creating all supporting schedules and analysis.
• Lead the preparation of the annual budget and semi-annual reforecasts.
• Analyze cash flow and expenses weekly to pinpoint weaknesses and provide solutions.
• Deliver domestic and foreign subsidiaries audit preparation and facilitate communication with external auditors.
• Act as liaison with credit card merchant processer and banks, responsible to create and maintain domestic and international merchant and bank accounts; reduce bank fees, identify and implement a change to chargeback process resulting in decrease of chargebacks by 20%.
• Lead successful implementation of new expense tracking system Concur and ADP Payroll System.
- Assistant Controller at CASTING NETWORKS, LLC
- Senior Manager of Accounting at BEACHBODY, LLC
- at BEACHBODY, LLC
- Senior Manager of Accounting at BEACHBODY, LLC
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Linguistics
Corporate Financial Accountant for restaurant group with fifteen operating locations across six states. Supervise all daily accounting functions for each location and Headquarters.
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER (2018 to current)
Administer all accounting operations for multi-location organization with gross sales of over $15.5 Million in 2018. Manage month end and financial reporting for all locations and corporate entities.
• Developed month end procedures resulting in more timely month Financial Statements.
• Analyzed and reconciled all vendor and account ledgers strengthening the accuracy of all financial statements.
• Organized and designed new chart of accounts; establishing streamlined and consistent reporting throughout the corporation's multiple locations.
• Refined, developed and enforced multiple corporate policies and procedures throughout all locations.
• Audited Balance Sheet and implemented worksheets to uphold the integrity of each account ledger.
• Managed Tax compliance such as 1099's, income, payroll and sales for multiple states.
- Assistant Controller at Even Stevens Sandwiches
- FINANCIAL CONTROLLER at Keller Williams Realty, South Park and Union County
- CONTROLLER, PROPERTY MANAGER at Henderson Properties
- at Bank of America
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Associate Degree
Irvine, CA 2018-current Western National Property Management is a division of the Western National Group. The parent company consists of a construction, investment and property management company. WNPM manages 23,000 units in over 170 apartment communities. For over 60 years the company has operated in California, Nevada and Arizona and is one of the largest multi-family property management companies in southern California. Assistant Controller Responsible for supervising and mentoring 5 property accountants * Review financial statements for over 80 apartment communities and provide guidance to staff accountants * Prepare monthly and quarterly ownership distribution recommendations * Spearhead preparation of prorations for property acquisitions and dispositions * Manage a new investor with 11 properties, adding to the WNPM portfolio of managed assets * Hired and supervised training of a new staff accountant needed for this investor * Work closely with property management team to ensure the highest level of success for investors * Provide support for annual tax preparation and audit of managed assets * Prepare financial reports on performance for executive staff * Assist with preparation of annual property budgets
- Assistant Controller at WESTERN NATIONAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
- Assistant Controller at THE RATKOVICH COMPANY
- Assistant Controller at STANDARD PACIFIC HOMES (SPF) - LOS ANGELES DIVISION
- Accounting Manager at CAL-AM PROPERTIES, INC
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance
- BBA - Accounting