Currently work remote as an assistant controller. I oversee all aspects of accounts payable and payroll and accounts receivable. Reconcile accounts daily, monthly, quarterly and annually. Review and report any discrepancies. Assist with correcting entries. Prepare and file quarterly payroll taxes. Prepare and file other monthly taxes.
- Assistant Controller at Big State Logistics
- Senior Insurance Agent at Allstate Insurance
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Diploma - General
Assistant to Controller.
• Assist Controller with accounting, budgets, and reports.
• Process credit card payments for Camp Exposure tours and credit card purchase for all departments in the Atlanta area.
• Assist Camp and Conference Center Directors with hospitality events.
• Assist Property Manager with property, facilities and security issues.
• Track food expenses on a weekly basis for Camp Exposure.
• Assist primary liaison with internal audit inquires.
• Manage Housekeeping services Direct Assistant Controller to Company Owner
• maintaining accounts payables and monthly reports of Owners business and personal expenses. Film Production Contract Coordinator for over $200,000.00 contracts
• Production Site Supervisor during live productions.
- Assistant Controller at Academy of America-Camp Exposure
- Atlanta Business Office Manager at Academy of America-Camp Exposure
- Director of Academy of Lithonia Charter School at Academy of America-Academy of Lithonia
- Customer Service and Sales Support Manager at Avaya
9 years at this Job
- B.S. - Hospitality and Tourism Administration
- - Technology
Supervised accounts payable, accounts receivable and general office staff. * Prepared daily cash reconciliations and projections. * Performed month, quarter, and annual closings including general ledger account reconciliations, preparation of financial statements and ad hoc reports. * Saved company money by assuming responsibilities of former Staff Accountant in addition to duties of Assistant Controller.
- Assistant Controller at MARQUIS CORPORATION
- Project Accountant at ACCOUNTANTS INC.
- Accountant at SELF EMPLOYED
- Purchasing Manager at MEDICAL COACHES INC. / MOEX CORP
11 months at this Job
- Master's - Accounting and Business Administration
- Bachelor's - Accounting
- Bachelor's - Finance
• April 2018 to October 2018 GutterShutter is North America's leading manufacturer of Leaf & Debris Free systems. ASSISTANT CONTROLLER Entered and recorded accurate financial information, processed weekly expenses with a detailed accounting trail. In charge of Daily Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Biweekly Payroll, Financial Statements, and P&L Reports. Key Accomplishments:
• Managed accounts payable and invoicing, reconciled bank statements, and adjusted and reconciled inventory for 5 companies. Oversaw the collection of customer accounts receivable and follow up if they became past due.
• Acted as the primary liaison for the company with the Department of Revenue for sales use tax.
• Single handedly combined both companies office supply ordering and saved $3k in 90 days.
• Slashed payroll/benefits administration costs 30% by negotiating pricing and fees, while ensuring the continuation and enhancement of services.
• Became a Notary for the company.
- ASSISTANT CONTROLLER at Mid-America Gutter Systems, Inc
- SALES at SCENTSY
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST at Soccer Village
- ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST at CAR
6 months at this Job
- - Culinary Arts
- Bachelor's - Business Management
Assistant Controller, with over 25 years of corporate accounting and management experience in the USA. "Hands on" accounting manager with the expertise in accounting systems development, fiscal management, and level "C" financial reporting. My resume carries a proven record of developing and implementing financial and operational controls that improve P&L scenario and competitively position firm. I can and do back up every member of my team, and I work closely with other departments to streamline timely and impeccable service to our customers, which in turn increase sales and profit. Efficient in plant's Weekly, Period end, Quarter end, and Year end close, inter-company balancing and reporting, product costing, budgeting processes, fixed assets and depreciation, and capital projects, to name a few. Fluent in compliance with internal controls/Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, etc.). 13 plus years of experience with SAP and ERP, 25 plus years of experience with Microsoft office (advanced Excel skills). I supervise accounting office and cross train employees; am involved in all accounting aspects in our plants and in moments notice can cover work for any team-member, including the Controller. The Controller was absent several months on several occasions and all work was done timely and impeccable.
- ASSISTANT CONTROLLER at FLOWERS BAKING CO OF DENVER
- at FACULTY/UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX (UOPX)
- ASSISTANT CONTROLLER at FLOWERS BAKING CO OF TYLER, LLC
- ASSISTANT CONTROLLER at FLOWERS BAKING CO OF TEXARKANA, AR
2 months at this Job
- MBA - Accounting
- BBA in Economics - Global Business Management/International Trade
Assistant Controller responsible for managing financial controls team comprised of eight Senior Accountants. The financial controls team provides balance sheet reconciliation, weekly cash reporting and revenue variance reporting. Additional responsibilities include providing customer support for Agency Partners for accounting related issues
- Assistant Controller at Acrisure, LLC
- Accounting Manager at Acrisure, LLC
- Project Manager at Insurance Exchange Agency, Inc
- Vice President (Controller at LaSalle Insurance Services
2 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration in E-Business - E-Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance - Finance
Major Accomplishments and Responsibilities -Manage the Operations of General Accounting -Approve audit tasks and preparation of the CAFR statements, notes and schedules -Provide guidance and training to accounting staff and assist with resolving accounting related problems in accordance with GAAP -Work with outside departments on Accounting and ledger related transactions -Review reconciliations and work of professional accountants -Manage all activities and accounts in the General Ledger and ensure that they are accurate - Assist Controller with special projects - Work with Procurement in the selection of vendors. - Manage a staff of nine including one Supervisor - Document procedures for undocumented processes in General Accounting
- Assistant Controller at Chicago Public Schools, Controller's Office
- Assistant Comptroller at City of Chicago, Comptroller's Office
- Director of Accounting at
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
Chevy Chase, MD October 2013 to Present
For-profit global public health and social services consulting organization (with gross revenue of approximately $170 million) subject to reporting on incurred cost submission with the Defense Contract
Audit Agency (DCAA) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
• Manage general accounting functions, including but not limited to, coordination and review of monthly and annual financial close activities, preparation of financial statements, supervision and review of journal entries and the account reconciliation process for revenue and deferred revenue, unbilled receivables, investments, all corporate and international bank accounts, and equity.
• Develop financial and operational reporting for the executive team.
• Perform monthly and annual financial statement analyses to explain fluctuations in indirect rates and profit/loss.
• Assist CFO on strategic planning and trend analysis.
• Prepare and update the corporate operating budget, including review and analysis of all department/divisional / project budgets.
• Implemented the use of the budget module of the accounting software and lead the company's use for budget activities.
• Prepared incurred cost submissions and Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement (NICRA) proposals for fiscal years (FY) 2013 through 2017.
• Corrected and resubmitted incurred cost submissions for FY 2009 through 2012, resulting in acceptance by USAID.
• Covered Controller and Accounting Manager in their absence.
• Point of contact for the annual external financial statement audit, DCAA audits, and USAID- directed financial audits.
- Assistant Controller at University Research Co., LLC
- Deputy Director at ACDI / VOCA
- at ACDI / VOCA
- Senior Staff Accountant at ACDI / VOCA
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Accountancy - Accountancy
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
Assistant Controller, handled all accounts payable for multi companies and locations. All payroll duties for multi state and corporations. Improved accounting systems and system upgrades. Managed a staff of 2-4. Fast paced environment with high volume, easy going and worked well with all departments, managers, officers and employees.
- Assistant Controller at Meridian Capital Group, LLC
22 years at this Job
North County Transit District, Oceanside CA, 2017–Present
Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the accounting records, including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and cash.
● Oversee the preparation of relevant complex monthly, quarterly, and annual journal entries
● Managing the monthly closing process for the general ledger
● Oversee the monthly review and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
● Oversee the preparation, filing, and reporting of all sales and use, fuel, 1099’s and payroll tax filings as well as annual State Controller’s Report
● Recommend internal control and business process improvements to the Controller
● Project manager for the successful transition of expiring bank contract to new bank in less than three months
● Manage high volume of accounts payable to ensure the District meets its financial obligations in a proper and timely manner
- Assistant Controller at North County Transit District
- Accounting Manager at Welk Resort Group
- Accounting Supervisor at Welk Resort Group
- Staff Accountant at Welk Resort Group
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting