● A nonprofit arts organization and two-floor art gallery.
● Started as Gallery Assistant, promoted to additional role of Assistant Curator in 2014.
● Point of contact for the public. Providing information about memberships, classes, and exhibitions.
● Advised and assisted the Curator in selection of artists.
● Assisted in the hosting and marketing of opening receptions as well as installation of artworks.
● Clerical duties including cataloguing artworks, artists. Point of contact for artists through contractual agreement.
● Responsible for assisting in research and writing of exhibited artists.
● Website design and maintenance. E-mail and social media marketing. Graphic design of exhibition posters.
- Assistant Curator and Gallery Assistant at The Center for Contemporary Art
- Clement A. Price Arts Administration Intern Program at New Jersey State Council on the Arts
- Director / Curator at Hanna Studio Gallery
- Guest Service Agent at The Heldrich Hotel
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Fine Arts - specialization in Painting & Drawing with a minor in Art History
An internship working as an assistant curator in the gallery. My work entailed media promotions for the exhibitions that took place while I was there, finalizing contracts with artists, entering gallery data into the computer, and working on the gallery floor explaining the art pieces to visitors, as well as translating text from korean to english.
- Assistant Curator at HANOK Gallery
- Swim Instructor and Lifeguard at Township of Washington Swim Club
- Swim Instructor and Lifeguard at Deer Mountain Day Camp
1 month at this Job
- High school or equivalent - High school
Grand Rapids, MI
Housed in a nationally registered historic building, the award-winning Fed Galleries host world-class national and international artists to provoke and challenge conventional presentations of contemporary art.
Lead Preparator & Assistant Curator
• Exhibitions 2012-Present
• Develop contracts, budgets, schedules, purchase supplies, work with vendors, and complete expense reports.
• Maintain all exhibition spaces, equipment, and supplies.
• Assist with exhibition design, development of themes, content, layout, and programming.
• Curate satellite galleries.
• Train and supervise 8-10 students and 2-3 staff members each academic year.
• Experience installing and using technology and social media in exhibitions.
• Assist with printed material, including didactics, season announcements, and promotional materials.
• Create opportunities for faculty and students to engage with the exhibitions department, including demos and facilitating professional practices classes with contracts and exhibitions.
- Lead Preparator & Assistant Curator • Exhibitions at The Fed Galleries, Kendall College of Art
- Adjunct Faculty at The Fed Galleries, Kendall College of Art
- at Gallery Preparator
- Framing Associate at Hankins Gallery
7 years at this Job
- Master of Fine Arts - Fine Arts Painting
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Studio Art
• Co-produce special exhibitions and events of various scale and content
• Manage presentation of collections in collaboration with internal team
• Maintain online gallery profile on all affiliate art partnership platforms
• Supervise art handling, care and protection for storage of all works in the permanent collection
• Provide general administrative and organizational support to the Curator to ensure smooth production of exhibitions
- Assistant Curator at International Contemporary Art Society
- Casting Director / Assistant at R&F Entertainment
- eCommerce Manager / Store Manager at United Nude
- Product Manager at Curated Basics
11 months at this Job
· Primary liaison for buyers of this SE Portland art gallery. With a monthly rotation, I help to create and maintain a diverse base of clientele. · Duties included client invitations, reception, and introductions to the Artists at all our events. · I work with Artists and buyers to negotiate purchases, deliveries, and instillations of high-end locally made quality art.
- Assistant Curator at Ford Gallery
- Accounts Manager at Sweet Life Distribution
- Sales Representative at Wild West Growers
- Partner/Advertising Accounts Manager at PDX Magazine
10 months at this Job
- Diploma - Level 3
Currently working on fine art appraisal/collection valuation projects, fine art and history traveling exhibitions development and management tasks, curatorial underwriting for fine arts objects, fine art research projects, and general collections consulting. I work in a diverse environment in a niche field where I also perform data entry on collections management/marketing platforms with collections management software. I typically perform research as it relates to specific objects i.e. provenance, exhibition history, etc. Engage in collections management tasks including condition reporting and subsequent restoration tasks (if applicable). Work on-site to photograph and report on damage claims, appraisal projects, etc. I work directly with clients to establish relationships, handle specific client requests, etc.
- Assistant Curator at Hollingsworth Fine Arts Restoration - Art Gallery
- Archivist Intern at First Baptist Church of Winter Park
- Contract Archivist at Casa Feliz - Museum
- Museum Intern at Winter Park Historical Society - Winter Park Museum
4 months at this Job
- B.A - History
- A.A - Education
Conducted research and writing for publications, newsletters, museum labels, and audio tour § Catalogued and maintained existing collections records as well as creating files for new acquisitions § Facilitated incoming and outgoing loans § Authored 30+ artist biographies for publication on woodblock print collection § Prepared marketing presentation for the new museum
- Assistant Curator at American Craftsman Museum/Two Red Roses Foundation
- Assistant Curator for American Art at Baltimore Museum of Art
- Assistant Collections Manager at Kentucky Historical Society
- Curatorial Intern at Second Bank of the United States Portrait Gallery
1 year at this Job
- M.A. - Museum Studies
- B.A. - Art History
- B.A. - Communications
Logged 500 in-lab hours and 250 additional technological organization hours in osteological collections laboratory ◦ Handled 3D printing collections of Homo naledi and Australopithecus sediba * Sorted, labelled, and arranged specimens according to self-designed patterns to facilitate access, storage, and collections itemization (over 250 elements) ◦ Created organization strategies for primate and ape bone collections * Used both proposed models of evolutionary descent and molecular data sequencing of genomes to organize collection (over 150 unique specimens, over 300 elements) ◦ Determined species, sex, and age for a number of bone specimens ◦ Increased space efficiency of specimen cabinets by 40%
- Assistant Curator at Anthropology Department of UW-Madison
11 months at this Job
- BS - Anthropology
• Assisted the curator in preparing exhibits
• Inventoried the museum's collection
• Aided in writing grants
• Wrote articles for museum publications
• Digitized and organized museum's collection of images and slides
• Completed and awarded Kansas Digital Access to Historical Records (KDAHR) grant for digitization and online access of museum's photographs from the Kansas State Historical Records Advisory Board (KSHRAB)
- Assistant Curator of Collections and Exhibitions at Old Cowtown Museum
- Curatorial Assistant at Old Cowtown Museum
- Volunteer at Old Cowtown Museum
- Student Assistant at Wichita State University Libraries
3 years at this Job
- Master of Arts in History - History
- Bachelor of Arts in General Studies - History
Responsibilities included cataloging and photographing textiles, then inputting that information in the PastPerfect© digital archive system. Wrote blogs to inspire our community to visit our museum.
- Assistant Curator/Intern at Historical Museum at Fort Missoula
4 months at this Job
- Master's in Management - Management
- Master's Degree - American History
- Bachelor's of Arts degree in History - Public History and Environmental History
- Associate of Arts in History - History
- Associates Degree