Chesapeake, VA Assistant Dean, Student Services Oversight of Student Services department which includes marketing and recruitment, financial aid, counseling, assistant bursar, health records, and admissions
- Assistant Dean, Student Services at Sentara College of Health Sciences
- Program Director at Medical Careers Institute
- Owner, CEO at Curves
- District Manager at Chamberlin Edmonds
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Healthcare Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Studies
- Associate of Science - Nursing
provides overall leadership for developing, planning, and implementing intentionally designed activities geared toward students that enhance the College’s mission and promote student development and learning. In addition, the Assistant Dean provides direction and leadership for overall student development experiences, oversees student marketing initiatives for campus life programs and services. The Assistant Dean supervises the budgetary functions of the department, which includes management of the Student Fee budget, to ensure compliance with College policies and procedures. By establishing cooperative relationships with faculty and staff within the institution and appropriate constituents outside the institution, the Assistant Dean assists with the development and implementation of co-curricular activities. The Assistant Dean is responsible for policy and procedure development, assessment and supervision of designated staff.
- Assistant Dean of Students at Hope Schools
- Telecollector at We Energies
- Customer Service Rep/Tier 1 Troubleshooting at US Celluar
- Retail Merchandiser at SAS Retail Services
4 months at this Job
- - Theatre Arts
- - nutrition
- High School Diploma
February 2/2018 - Present) Volunteer Volunteering as Board Member and Assistant Dean of Administrative Affairs of WHWSRTS which entails regular scheduled meetings with Chairperson, President, and other board members to determine cohesive long-term strategy for WHWSRTS, objectives and goals for each ensuing academic year, marketing, accreditation, enhancement of faculty and student experience, tuition and fee recommendations, curriculum and course content, and online courses. As Faculty Instructor taught several courses at the direction of the President and Dean of Academic Affairs including: Old Testament Survey, New Testament Survey, Homiletics, Hermeneutics, Fundamentals of Theology, Pneumatology, and Synoptic Gospels.
• Improved online presence with recommendation of Website direction and acquiring vendor services.
• Assumed sole responsibility of Website content manager.
• Created online registration module to include selection and ordering of courses and payment of tuition and fees.
• Provided venue and hosted satellite courses which increased overall student enrollment.
• Recommend Information Technology strategies and provide support at the direction of President and board members.
- Board Member, Assistant Dean, and Faculty at Wilbur Henry Waters School of Religion and Theological Seminary
- Director of Information Technology at Workgroup Consulting Inc
- Director of Information Technology at Stoddard Baptiste Global Care
- Manager of Information Technology at Avaya
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Doctor of Theology - (Th.D.) (Magna Cum Laude), Philosophy
- Master of Theology - (M.Th.) (Summa Cum Laude)
- Bachelor of Divinity - (B.Div.) (Summa Cum Laude)
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Computer Information Systems Science
- Perform a variety of administrative duties to assist the Principal and Dean in managing the school. - Receive referrals and confers with students, parents, teachers to help meet the needs of struggling students. - Supervise students before and after school; monitors students during lunch and recess. - Prepare letters, calls parents, and attends meetings as needed, regarding struggling students. - Organize the school's student activities including events like Fun-Tastic Friday and Scholastic Book Fair.
- ASSISTANT DEAN at ASCEND CHARTER SCHOOL
- ATHLETIC STUDENT TRAINER AIDE at HARLEM CHILDREN ZONE
- ASSISTANT DEAN OF STUDENTS at
- PROGRAM AIDE at HARLEM CHILDREN ZONE
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- - Sports management
Klein College of Media & Communication
• Responsible for strategic oversight of the reputation, communication activities and enrollment management of the college.
• Portfolio includes management of four teams, including marketing and communications, recruitment, external affairs, and events.
• Responsible for the quality of a broad range of marketing activities at the college including: news coverage, advertising campaigns, social media, digital and printed collateral, website content, branded merchandise, media relations, and recruitment events and collateral.
• Oversees recruitment and enrollment management, ensuring that annual application, deposit and yield goals are set, measured, met and reported at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Responsible for developing new recruitment initiatives, reconceptualizing events and outreach strategies for open houses, transfer days, Experience Temple Days and Klein College days.
• Responsible for measuring recruiting success, collecting data related to recruitment and enrollment trends, and reporting findings to senior leadership.
• Responsible for shaping and overseeing external affairs activities, including oversight of the Center for Public Interest Journalism in its capacity conceptualizing and executing projects that connect the Philadelphia community with Klein College for reputational purposes.
• Responsible for executive talking points and for providing strategic marketing and communication counsel to senior staff.
• The assistant dean also serves as a member of the college's senior leadership team, representing the college to a broad range of constituents, internal and external.
- Assistant Dean for Strategic Communications at TEMPLE UNIVERSITY
- Director of Marketing and Communications at TEMPLE UNIVERSITY
- Assistant Director of Communications at TEMPLE UNIVERSITY
- Senior Communications Specialist at INDEPENDENCE BLUE CROSS
6 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy - Media & Communication
- Bachelor of Arts - English Writing
- Master of Journalism - Journalism
Responsibilities include assist students in reaching settlement of their informal requests or complaints through consultation, mediation and counseling; refers issues with a formal avenue of redress to appropriate University offices for resolution. Work with appropriate University officials to facilitate satisfactory solutions to issues and problems that fall within the responsibilities of the Dean of Students Office. Advise the Dean of Students on complaints with no definitive remedy and makes recommendation for resolution. Provide guidance and support to students who are victims of violence and other crimes. Educate students on the processes to engage and report crimes to University and local police agencies.. Provide ongoing support and referral services to promote student use of all available resources. Serve as a member of University committees related to student welfare, and other aspects related to student status. Assist in the coordination of the response to major crisis and other unusual events within the University community. Assist students in understanding their rights and responsibilities as community members and the university conduct system. Research, evaluate, and recommend changes in rules, regulations, and policies as related to the student experience. Serves as a resource to the University Community regarding status of students and make presentations to Parents. Performs related duties as required.
- Assistant Dean at University Heights Charter School
- EMT/Security Officer at Winchester Gardens
- EMT at Addiss Medical Transportation
- Non commissioned Officer/Squad Leader at U.S. Army Reserve 411th Chemical Company, Edison N.J. - Chemical Operations Specialist.
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- None - Essex County College
- Diploma - U.S. Army Chemical School
- None - Morgan State University
- Certified - trauma care, basic life support, CPR, EKG, and patient care
Serve as a member of the Dean's Executive Committee and Operations Committee to collaborate on key
College of Engineering initiatives and university goals, to include strategic planning, enrollment growth,
program/course expansion, facilities, faculty recruitment, national competitiveness, and student success
• Work with leadership of the College to ensure goals and objectives are met, consult with leadership in the development and administration of college policies and procedures, collaborate with members of the Dean's cabinet to review and provide input and advice on contracts and/or agreements on behalf of the Dean, and interface with senior staff to address concerns and bring college projects to completion
• Advise Dean on academic, organizational, human resource, and institutional matters as it relates to faculty recruitment and the College's faculty hiring plan; provide direction to Department Chairs on faculty recruitment, to include facilitating the approval of faculty start-up, assessing faculty credentials, providing guidance on faculty equity and diversity issues; and ensure compliance with University and College policies and procedures
• Work with Dean, Associate Deans, and Department Chairs to create, update, and administer college- wide academic policy, and provide guidance to Department Chairs in creating and maintaining academic policy within their individual units
• Provide broad oversight of administrative support services for the Dean in matters affecting all academic areas, to include annual budget planning and management, promotion and tenure for tenure- track and non-tenure track faculty (mandatory, third-year and pre-tenure reviews), annual performance reviews (associate deans, department chairs, faculty and staff), faculty post-tenure reviews, emeritus faculty nominations, faculty development leave, conflict of interest compliance certifications, and faculty and student grievances
• Manage the internal operations of the Office of the Dean for efficiency, coordinate the activities of the Dean and facilitate proper time management of his activities, follow-through and proactive planning, manage quality control and timely follow-up with staff in the Office of the President, Office of the Provost, and Division of Research on the Dean's initiatives, routine correspondence, deadlines, and matters of importance
• Work with the Executive Director of Communications and Senior Executive Director of Advancement for a timely response on all public relations and public records/communications requests, edit speeches and talking points to ensure the Dean's communications are seamlessly integrated for all internal and external events, ensure all speeches align with the message of the requestor and the University of Houston messaging, and prepare Dean in advance for interviews or public speeches
• Direct the work of staff in the Office of the Dean, which includes, establishing goals and assessing performance, supervising staff day-to-day responsibilities, and providing oversight for significant events (i.e. commencement, convocation, Rockwell Lecture Series, Texas Deans Meeting, Executive Retreat, CAREER Workshop, Dean's Faculty-Staff Meetings, SACSCOC and ABET visits)
• Assist the Dean and senior staff with ad hoc problem solving
- Assistant Dean at University of Houston
- Life Coach at
- Lecturer at University of Houston
- Assistant to the Dean at University of Houston
3 years at this Job
- - Enrollment Management
- Doctor of Philosophy - Educational Leadership and Counseling
of Engineering and Technology - New Brunswick, NJ May 2018 - July 2018
Residential Teaching Assistant | Dean Jean Patrick Antoine
• Mentored and communicated important information as a program lead for 10 scholars on a polymer characterization and a machine learning vision project by strengthening their exposure to the engineering field, character, and leadership skills
• Supervised daily schedule of 70+ scholars consisting of academic classes, research projects, meals, and industry tours while advocating and promoting engineering as a potential college majors for the scholars
- Residential Teaching Assistant | Dean Jean Patrick Antoine at New Jersey Governor's School
- Research Assistant | Dr. Gray at Aresty Research Center
- Undergraduate Researcher | Dr. Mehdi Javanmard at Project SUPER
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering - Biomedical Transport Phenomena
Position Overview: ► Advance the missions of the college and university by cultivating strategic relationships at all levels of the institution via earned personal respect and credibility demonstrated through positive energy, vision, creativity, resilience, intelligence, ethical character, judgment, and tact ► Establish a well-functioning, collegial, effective and customer service-oriented finance and business management function through a 39 member team of direct and indirect reports ► Collaborate with the Associate Dean for Research to restructure the research administration operation and provide dotted-line supervision for post-award activities through the director research administration ► Partner with the Assistant Dean of Culture, Talent and Human Resources to ensure human resources and finance function as well-integrated and united services ► Ensure employee success by setting clear performance objectives, providing guidance, encourage professional development, monitoring activities and maintaining strong accountability ► Direct budget planning, monitoring and analysis in a complex funding structure totaling approximately $120 million to ensure optimal resource allocation, compliance and long-term financial stability ► Perform comprehensive assessment of internal financial processes; identify, develop, implement and manage standard operating procedures; maximize the internal control structure to increase business system efficiency, resource allocation effectiveness and institutional compliance with prescribed federal, state, and institutional policies and procedures, as well as generally accepted accounting principles, in all budgeting, financial, and procurement functions; direct college audits and comprehensive reviews
- Assistant Dean for Finance and Business Management at North Carolina State University - College of Sciences
- Internal Auditor at University of Rhode Island
- Lead, Management Team - W. Alton Jones Campus at University of Rhode Island
- College Business Officer at University of Rhode Island - College of Engineering
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Certificate of Graduate Studies in Human Resources
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Management Accounting - Management Accounting
Managing student behavior by use of restorative practice.
- Assistant Dean at Urban Dove Charter School
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Psychology
- Some college