- Gary Skidmore
(505) 268-3308 * Part-time position helping with general bookkeeping, daily cash audits and deposits
• Responsible for auditing daily sales and reconciling cash, checks and credit card charges
• Assistant Event Planner and floor manager
- Assistant Event Planner/Executive Assistant to Owner at Skidmore's Holiday Bowl
- Senior Paralegal/Research at Erika E, Anderson Law Offices
- Senior Paralegal/Office Manager at Finch O'Neil Law Office, P.A
- Customer Service Agent at S. Airways
11 months at this Job
- St. Petersburg, FL 2007 - 2018
$2 billion global software solutions company servicing small and medium sized businesses. Executive Assistant & Event Planner
Supporting as many as six Vice Presidents, including SVP North America Corporate Controller, VP of Facilities, SVP of Global Marketing, SVP of Human Resources, VP of Sales and the VP/General Manager.
• Planned holiday parties, picnics, entertainment, local and remote teambuilding activities, dinners, lunches, onsite & offsite catering, working with Facilities management and colleagues when arranging events, always bringing in final results exceeding expectations and within budget.
• Collaborated with other Executive Assistants throughout North America assisting with conflicting calendars, meeting spaces and travel concerns.
• Managed front desk and entrance-way area; responsible for Receptionist performance.
• Assisted with a grand opening celebration of our new North America headquarters in Atlanta, arranging food, travel, hotels and managed transportation logistics for executives traveling worldwide.
• Created an Outlook calendar for the entire North America and Global Finance Teams to effectively share and collaborate in one location. Manage as many as ten executives and meeting room calendars at one time to schedule global meetings, working with multiple time zones.
• Participated in and help lead various charitable initiatives as the Vice President of our local "Colleague Activities Team" with the following: supported a local disadvantaged elementary school by purchasing school supplies each year; organized the local "Dress for Success" campaign; coordinated a Breast Cancer support event; held raffles to support a charity that helps colleagues who may need a helping hand; donated and purchased items each year for silent auction that supports needy families during the holidays.
- Executive Assistant & Event Planner at SAGE / SAGE SOFTWARE
- Executive Assistant / Global Brand Supply Manager at Smith & Nephew
11 years at this Job
- - Adult Education
• Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
• Specify staff requirements and coordinate their job responsibilities
• Assist in event planning, design, and production while managing all project delivery elements within the time limits
• Organize facilities and details such as décor, catering, entertainment, etc.
• Work with clients to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction
• Inspect places to ensure they meet client's requirements
• Monitor event activities to ensure the client and event attendees are satisfied
• Support Event Planner with pre-event operational planning, client management, and clerical support
- Assistant Event Planner/Decorator at Linda Proffitt Designs
- Veterinary Receptionist at Mechanicsville Animal Hospital
- Legal Assistant at Harman Claytor Corrigan & Wellman
- Legal Assistant at RawlsMcNelis
12 years, 11 months at this Job
- Certificate - Pre-Nursing
- - Surgical Technology
Gather information and negotiate contracts for client. Organize and manage event details such as decorating catering and entertainment. Create invite list and track RSVPs. Maintain spreadsheet with invite name and address to send out invitations. Identify, assemble and organize items to coordinate events. Create seating charts and select a menu. Set up decorations for events, provide customers with general information about booking a venue. Make sure event runs smoothly.
- Assistant Event Planner at D Event Planning, LLC
- Office Associate at Bob Discount Furniture
- Transit Benefit Agent at CTR Consulting & Investment, Golden Key Group, Department of Transportation
- Financial Program Analyst at Naval District Washington, Chief Financial Officer
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent - Diploma
- High school or equivalent
The basic purpose of the Administrative Assistant is to provide paraprofessional support to students and staff through recruiting, processing, scheduling, logistical support for workshops and orientations, and basic database management. General Duties -Answer phones/handle voicemail -Maintain student records for Phi Theta Kappa and the Honors Program -Answer student, staff and faculty questions about Phi Theta Kappa and the Honors Program -Maintain Office appearance -Draft letters and emails on behalf of Phi Theta Kappa and the Honors Program -Maintain social media accounts for Phi Theta Kappa and Honors Program Honors Program Duties -Process Honors Declarations -Coordinate the Honors & Service Learning Symposium during fall and spring semesters -Coordinate the Honors Pinning and Student Recognition Ceremony (spring semester) -Process Honors Scholars Application -Run end of semester Honors Reports -Notify Records and Registration of students that have earned the Honors designation Phi Theta Kappa Duties -Run eligible member reports at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters -Issue invitations for membership to eligible members -Notify Records and Registration of new members -Coordinate new member induction ceremony (fall and spring semesters) -Coordinate blood drives (4 times a year) -Manage Volunteer signup for events -Notify members of their membership status at the end of each semester -Manage chapter event calendar -Coordinate conference registration and travel arrangements
- Administrative Assistant/Event Planner at Sinclair Community College
- Event Planner Intern at Wright State University Nutter Center
- Bookkeeper at Kirtland Federal Credit Union
- Accounting Assistant at Legacy Hospitality, Inc
5 years at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science - Hospitality and Tourism with a concentration in Meeting and Event Planning
- - Accounting
Assistant event coordinator. Onboarded for event setup and breakdown for weddings , baby showers , birthdays , dinners , brunches , hair shows , trainings , luncheons , religious ceremonies and other special events. Promoted to Assistant event coordinator after receiving several recommendations and compliments from clients and vendors. Event set up and breakdown , meeting with clients and vendors to discuss individual needs of clients and their budget , sales management , social media marketing , collecting of payment , transporting equipment and contract review
- Assistant Event Planner and Coordinator at Lil Ms Butterfly Events and Event Hall
- Hostess and Waitress at
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate - Certified Wedding Planning ( WPI ) Wedding planning and special events
- Bartending Certification - Mixology
- Some college
• Assist with event management
• Create, monitor and manage event timelines
• Budget maintenance- keeping track of costs for events..
• Work with marketing team on customer event request to execute events successfully.
• Attend site tours and menu tastings.
• Coordinate rehearsals, dinners, meetings.
• Manages Vendors.
• Ensure client vision is successfully met.
- Assistant Event Planner/Coordinator at KPR Signature Wedding and Events
- Community Manager at Delbe Real Estate
- Tenant Services Coordinator at Peter N.G. Schwartz Management Company, Inc
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - Computerized Business Management
- - Business Management
Supported event planning with a pre-event organizing Logistics coordinating day of event,
- Assistant Event Planner at New York Road Runners
- Consultant at Sephora
- Server/Bartering at Elderberry/Catering/ United Nations Service.
- Barista at Starbucks
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Still in process - LeaderShip
Event planning, design, and production within time limits. Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality. Cooperate with marketing to promote and publicize event. Organize facilities and manage all events details such as decor, entertainment, catering, invitee list, special guest and promotional material. Proactively handle any arising issues on the day of the event.
- Assistant Event Planner at DKC Realty Group
- Real Estate Salesperson at DKC Realty Group
- Bank Teller at J.P. Morgan Chase Bank
- Summer Camp Group Leader at DKC Realty Group
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communication/ Design
• Planned and coordinated events for groups ranging from five to over 100, while decreasing company spending on evening outings.
• Redesigned and maintained a monthly newsletter, event flyers and announcements for residents.
• Inspired and coached residents to be more active and interactive.
- Assistant Event Planner at The Chesapeake, a Virginia Baptist Retirement Community
- Health Services Clerk at Busch Gardens Williamsburg
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing - Marketing