2 Man Hedge Fund) Jan 2019 - Current
• Assistant Trader to Larry Benedict, owner and manager of Banyan Equity Management. 30 years of index option trading, written about in Market Wizards Series, managed a 900MM Hedge Fund until 2012.
• Exclusively trade nearest term expiry index future options and futures which include: ES, CL, NQ, ZB, ZN, 6E, 6J
• Executed millions of dollars of futures/options orders to capture vol/manage risk associated with large position same day/next day expiry option selling.
• March 6th we were 10% of the entire volume of E1C (Week 1 Wednesday ES Option Expiry)
• Developer of back office infrastructure. FIX 4.2 Protocol realtime/post trade custom engine, option pricing models, and realtime PnL that adjusts for option assignments. As well as real time risk scripts that give you net greeks across entire portfolio at different strikes.
• Set up trading environment, reconcile PnL, economic calendar, market sentiment, actionable news, start of day positions, execute orders, manage margin, risk management, deal with managed account owners, and managed account onboarding.
- Assistant Trader, Discretionary Trading Hedge Fund 10MM AUM at Banyan Equity Management
- Electronic Trading Associate, Quantitative Hedge Fund at Phy Capital Investments
- Trading Associate/Analyst, Capital Markets Group 22B AUM at Advisors Asset Management
2 months at this Job
- BS - Finance
o Primary trader for various accounts in lending/trading multiple classes of fixed income securities. o Assist in managing and allocating billions in securities lending, repos and reverse repos. o Assist in serving as an adequate backup for the principle and equity trading desk. o Negotiate, set up, and execute investments to achieve maximum return while maintaining proper collateral levels, confirming margins, pair-off and re-price figures with counterparties. o Monitor, analyze and reconcile daily cash sheet, P&L and monthly volumes of trade activities while generating new initiatives/ideas to be communicate to upper management. o Design/create VBA macros and financial models while collaborating with IT department to implement new programs/applications to increase operational efficiency while reducing risk. o Wrote quarterly commentaries recapping market news, movements and events. o Develop strong relationships while effectively communicating with clients, broker dealers, traders, sales team, counterparties and internal operations.
- Associate - Assistant Trader at Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation NY Branch
- Pricing and Valuations Analyst ( Consultant ) at Neuberger Berman
- Analyst ( Consultant ) at Morgan Stanley
- Internal Audit Internship at YMCA Retirement Fund
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- BBA - Business Administration - Finance
Buy and sell steel products
- Assistant Trader at Macsteel International USA
- Order Management / Inventory Control /Purchasing Support / Sales at S&P Steel Products and Services, Inc
3 months at this Job
- BA - advertising
• Responsible for transition of portfolio management system from Advent - Black Diamond to Envestnet - Tamarac: Advisor Xi Suite
• Use Zack's investment research platform to screen for securities for equity and options model
• Prepare portfolio analysis reports at the request of the investment committee using Zack's Investment, eSignal & Morningstar
• Allocate aggregated trades across accounts at Fidelity and TD Ameritrade
• Work with various bond dealers in allocating clients' fixed income needs
• Monitor portfolios in Advisor Rebalancer to ensure they stay within tolerance bands
• Rebalance new accounts into portfolio models
• Set up new accounts in Advisor View and Rebalancer
• Review positions in models and research for rebalancing
• Run performance reports for client meetings
- ASSISTANT TRADER at RIA Advisors
- OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE at CADENCE BANK
- PROCESSING SPECIALIST at FIRST DATA CORPORATION
- CLIENT ASSOCIATE (Part Time) at BANK OF AMERICA MERRILL LYNCH
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- MASTER OF SCIENCE - BANKING & FINANCIAL SERVICES MANAGEMENT
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - MANAGEMENT & MARKETING
Provide administrative support to the Senior Vice President of Trading. Responsible for generating and analyzing regularly scheduled reports, pricing reports, and general business processing reports. Managed research efforts related to steel pricing and the firm's cash availability. Executed trades on behalf of the company on a daily basis.
• Prepared and maintained pricing reports for 2 senior traders on a daily basis
• Generated monthly market analysis reports
• Navigated the internet in search of new possible customers and vendors.
• Coordinated and arrange meetings/events with customers.
• Visited customers overseas to identify business opportunities.
• Monitored the market as a whole, for fluctuations and discrepancies and informed/warned the firm of potential sudden market changes/shifts.
• Coordinated transactions with senior trader and other team members and supported information flow and data requests.
• Provided general administrative and clerical support
• Prepared all contracts or legal records, research/technical reports and archived all documents on the server.
• Monitored the exchange rates of multiple currencies on a daily basis.
• Submitted expense reports for executives in a timely manner.
• Answered and screened and triaged all telephone calls.
• Provided customer service.
- Assistant Trader at MACSTEEL USA
- Order Management Coordinator at S & P Steel Products and Services
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Communication
• Assist in trade processing, allocation distribution to brokers, account administration, & trade reconciliation
• Review daily reports (transactions, overdrafts, bond maturities or calls) for possible investment actions
• Type & distribute within the firm various credit market research reports such as our Credit Committee meeting minutes & earnings calls of our holdings
• Input of daily, weekly, & monthly technical analysis data in Metastock & various Excel models
• Updating durations of our holdings across all portfolios via Bloomberg extraction on a daily basis
• Verify through Bloomberg any credit ratings changes to our holdings that occur on a monthly basis, & notify our Portfolio Managers of these changes
• Engage in various processes to make sure accounts are GIPS compliant, based on client-specific restrictions, & SRPMGA's own policies & requirements
• Retrieve, via Bloomberg, projected durations for composite-specific, benchmark Indexes for the subsequent month, & distribute to the Portfolio Managers
• Generate client-specific monthly & quarterly portfolio performance reports & distribute them to our clients
- Assistant Trader & Operations Specialist at STONERIDGE PMG ADVISORS, LLC
- Operations Analyst - Institutional Private Client Team - Investment Manager Services at SEI INVESTMENTS COMPANY
- Co-Founder/Editor & Analyst - Consumer Staples & Discretionary Sectors at DREW UNIVERSITY INVESTMENT FUND
- Equity Research/Investment Banking Intern (Month of June) at JANNEY MONTGOMERY SCOTT, LLC
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Studies & Spanish
• Trade global listed equities, credit default swaps, FX with a focus on best execution using various trading algorithms and strategies.
• Implement Eze OMS, Bloomberg, ENSO Financial into daily execution.
• Relay relevant stock position news, announcements, trading color, and general market impactful events to investment team.
• Assist with equity and index options trading and delta hedging portfolio.
• Responsible for thorough understanding and accuracy of order management system. Tasks include position reconciliation, security configurations, corporate actions and live pricing feeds.
• Monitor daily profit and loss reporting for accuracy at the start of day through reconciliation procedures between fund administrator and third-party bookkeeping vendors.
• Prepare numerous reports for Best Execution meetings and commission management.
• Assist with month end NAV reconciliation and quarterly SEC reporting documents for CFO and portfolio controller.
- Assistant Trader/Operations at Three Bays Capital
- at Emeth Capital
- Emerging Markets Beta Portfolio Assistant at Harvard Management Company
- Emerging Markets Equities Assistant Trader/Operations at
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. degree - Marketing
1. Investigated and drafted analysis of prospective clients, facilitating the transaction process, to find feasible bonds, acceptable interest rates and suitable firms 2. Achieved $10M bond repurchase transaction, by negotiating with 100+ counter parties, banks, securities and funds 3. Created weekly reports, analyzed trends of key financial market indexes and presented feasible modifications to investment strategy to accommodate ongoing macro policy
- Assistant Trader Intern, Financial Markets Department at Mianyang City Commercial Bank
- Business Analyst Intern, the Investment Bank Headquarter at Guangzhou Securities
- Investment Intern, Investment Department at Sichuan Shenlian Fund Investment Management Co., LTD
- Founder at WandEshop
1 month at this Job
- Master of Arts in International Economics and Finance - STEM-Designated
- Bachelor of Economics - Management
• Promoted from Investment Assistant, Assistant Trader, Senior Trader then to AVP
• Responsible for executing the stock and bond trades with our approved list of brokers, and following through until settlement with under $3,000 in yearly trading losses
• Utilized the several electronic platforms to monitor the markets, news, and portfolio ideas to make important decisions and resolve any settlement issues
• Negotiated the broker commission rates which reduced trading costs by over 50%
• Responsible for managing and training the trading department personnel
• Provided support to the Wealth Management/Trust Division and their special projects as needed
- Portfolio Officer & Senior Trader at First Midwest Bank
27 years, 10 months at this Job
- Technical Certificate - Medical Assistant
Forex trader specializing in the trade of EUR/USD currency pair, utilizing MT4 and MT5 systems and mobile devices for individual and small business trading. Leverage subject matter and trading expertise to successfully balance investment risk with measurable and positive trading results.
- FOREX TRADER at Self-Employed
- COMPUTER CONSULTANT at Self-Employed
- PROPRIETARY TRADER at Avatar Trading Group, LLC
- PROPRIETARY TRADER at Domestic Securities, Inc
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Computer Science