As an Assistant Underwriter, I worked with various brokers and underwriters directly, ensuring that all required information is obtained, proper applications are completed, quotes and binders are confirmed in writing, and policies are issued promptly and accurately. I assisted in examining such documents as application forms and inspection reports, to determine degree of risk from such factors as age, construction, occupancy, and value and condition of property.
- Assistant Underwriter at Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc
- Processing Specialist at Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc
- Electronics Technician Second Class/Work Center Supervisor at United States Navy
7 months at this Job
- B.A. in Business Administration & Finance - Business Administration & Finance
- B.F.A. - Interactive and Graphic Communications
- A.A.S. - Communications
• Assume risk for TMSIC by screening potential customers, per underwriting appetite, and guidelines
• Tactically assign new business opportunities to Underwriters according to regional assignments
• Complete various administrative task, as directed by Underwriters and Mid-Management
• Utilizes technical savvy skills via trouble shooting complex account issues
• Demonstrate quality service by meeting, and exceeding quality control metrics of 95% on a monthly bias
• Efficiently manage work load, while meeting compliance deadlines under minimum supervision
• Showcases attention to details by manually issuing admitted, and non-admitted commercial polices
• Process various account request, including endorsements, policy extensions, cancel rewrites, and cancellations
• Awarded by management and various colleagues for providing excellent customer service to agents, account executives, and customer service representatives
• Promoted to Assistant Underwriter from previous Customer Service Policy Administration position via sister company Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- Assistant Underwriter at Tokio Marine Specialty Insurance Company
- Policy Administrator at Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- Customer service Representative at Commerce Bank Corporation Mount
- Front Line Cashier at Marshalls department store
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- B.S - Business Management
• Worked as an assistant underwriter in the homeowner's insurance industry
• Provided agents with underwriting rules and guidelines
• Explained the underwriting process to insurance agents
• Reviewed new applications for insurance
• Processed policy cancellations requests
• Provided application exceptions for new business
• Assisted agents with writing new applications
• Provided website technical support to agents
• Explained billing processes and procedures to agents and clients
• Assisted with first notice of loss calls
- Assistant Underwriter at Tower Hill Insurance Group
- Customer Service Representative at Investors Heritage Life Insurance Company
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Risk Management - Risk Management & Insurance
an XL Group company New York, NY - Excess & Surplus Lines Department, New York Branch - Assistant Underwriter. Responsibilities include assisting underwriters in attaining their personal production goals as well as those of the NY Branch. Proof-reading and preparing documents for submission to the Operations Department for the issuance of policies. Processing endorsement requests for the issuance of endorsements. Reviewing renewal submissions from our brokers and providing renewal quotations. Reviewing policy audits and creating Final Audit Adjustment Statements. Ordering loss control inspections and Dunn & Bradstreet reports. Providing loss runs for in-force and expired policies to our brokers. Creating and maintaining paper and electronic files as documentation for recordkeeping.
- New York Branch - Assistant Underwriter at XL Insurance America, Inc
- broker affidavits, total cost forms, and TRIA election forms at KBS International Corp
- broker affidavits, total cost forms, and TRIA election forms at FDS Agency Inc
- New Rochelle, NY - Appointed Associate Agent at J. Komara & Associates Agency
11 years, 6 months at this Job
- - General Liability
- Bachelor - Interdisciplinary Studies
- Associate - Business Administration
• Support underwriters and agents in accessing the breadth of Flood Services.
• Screen Invoice prepares the quotes for current terms and renewals terms.
• Handle Non-Money and Money Endorsement.
• Cancellation upon request.
• Follow up for any outstanding Information needed for underwriter approval.
• Assistant with Agency complying with FEMA rules and regulation.
• Promoted to level two rep with 1 year.
• Assist with client/customers with questions, quotes, claim to report, uses de-escalation techniques.
• Assist with chat and Phones.
- Assistant Underwriter at Assurant -Flood Service
- CAE 2 Tech Support at Comcast
- Outbound Escalation Rep I at Urban Lending Solutions-Mortgage Centralize
- Work from Agent Staples - Customer Services Rep III at Work daily Online
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- certificate - Certified Nursing
- - Sociology
- Associate - Sociology
Strategic insurance professional with experience in analyzing risks, familiarity with account rating and rating guidelines, and building and maintaining agent and broker relationships. ASSISTANT UNDERWRITER, NATIONWIDE E&S SPECIALTY, SCOTTSDALE, AZ - 2015-PRESENT Responsible for handling complex account review and policy audits in order to assist underwriters with territory management. Regularly help with both report completion and in-depth analysis in order to spot trends and data points that could negatively impact profitability and helped to improve my team's, and the department's overall loss ratio. Participated in the department's small pilot to test and analyze the new pricing structure and strategy and was responsible for providing feedback on the model prototypes. Also responsible for setting up submissions as well as completing the initial review and rating process for the underwriters.
- ASSISTANT UNDERWRITER at NATIONWIDE E&S SPECIALTY
- SD FILING TECHNICIAN at NATIONWIDE E&S SPECIALTY
- ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT COORDINATOR at NATIONWIDE E&S SPECIALTY
- ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK at RISK PLACEMENT SERVICES
4 years at this Job
- BS in Business Administration & Management - Business Administration & Management
In depth analysis of submitted aviation risks.
● Calculating premium on selected risks for quoting to brokers based on actuarial, statistical, and background information.
● Data management and file placement.
● Responsible for improving Underwriter to Broker relationships and communication.
- Assistant Underwriter at Berkley Aviation
- Account Representative (Insurance) at Arthur J. Gallagher
- Private Music Instructor at Self-Employed
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Music
- Certificate of Achievement - Music Industry Studies
Responsible for assisting Insurance Underwriter daily activities related to customer
management. Maintained all contact with agents and customers, created and distributed
renewal and non-renewal letters and managed the renewal processes.
• Responsible for entering correct technical data on a risk into Concept One.
• Developed new policy documents and binders for Underwriter
• Followed up with customers on outstanding information required for policies
• Ensured necessary tax filings are issued or cancelled.
• Processed new business and ordered check inspections.
• Rating; In-house policies, Scottsdale, Lloyds of London, Colony (renewals)
• Handled endorsement, renewal, reinstatement and cancellation requests.
• Developed periodic reporting on policies and obtained audits.
• Assured quality and completeness of policy and endorsement
- Assistant Underwriter at BURNS & WILCOX, LTD
- File Clerk/Office Assistant at Filed North Carolina and South Carolina State
- Associate at SEARS
- Cashier at HARRIS-TEETER
3 years at this Job
Complete underwriting tasks as determined by the supervising underwriter, including new/renewal business screening and rating. Manage diaries and follow-ups for missing information on accounts. Rate new and renewal applications as required. Prepare endorsements, DNOC, bind new business, underwrite files and review inspections. Provide excellent customer service to agents. Assist with training new associates.
- Garage Assistant Underwriter at Meadowbrook Insurance / Century Surety Insurance Company
- Policy Processor at Selective Insurance / Mesa Underwriters Specialty Insurance Company
- Claims Data Processor at State Farm Insurance via Randstad
- Barista at Starbucks Coffee Company
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- - 1) Introduction to Property & Casualty Insurance Course 2) Introduction to Commercial Casualty Insurance 3) Introduction to Commercial Property Insurance
- - Intro to Property Course Level 100
- Bachelors in Liberal Studies - BLS
- General Education Diploma - Insurance Education
• Collect data, review, analyze, and rate new and renewal Brokerage business (all states, multi-line) to provide a work up for the Underwriter using the Risk Analysis.
• Issue Brokerage policies in Genesys before the end of each month.
• Review policies to ensure they are issued based upon the terms and conditions outlined by the Underwriter.
• Examine and evaluate documents including declarations, applications, signed forms, MVRs, and all amendments to policies to ensure compliance with established company underwriting guidelines.
• Interpret and analyze underwriting manuals/guidelines, rating manuals, forms, and workflows for commercial lines business.
• Maintain knowledge of technical underwriting process and/or research information if needed; participate in ongoing training as necessary.
• Handle various requests and/or inquiries from General Agents, Insureds and/or Underwriters through phone, in person, and written correspondence.
• Provide routine servicing of policies as needs arise including drafting of endorsements.
• Order various underwriting reports to compile data for the Underwriters.
• Inform Underwriters of any underwriting issues immediately.
• Perform administrative duties for the department including writing reports and business correspondence.
• Run Monthly Reports.
- Assistant Underwriter at Carolina Casualty insurance Group
- Licensed Insurance Specialist at Parvez Sahotra State Farm Insurance Agency
- Account Specialist at Comcast through West At Home
- Office Manager/Fitness Trainer at Fit Life Jax
3 years at this Job