Two Year Working Experience as Assistant Underwriter for Life and Health Insurance
• Analyze the risk to determine whether decline or approve the application using the result of EMSI and Milliman actuarial software including checking Rx on Proposed Insureds.
• Responsible for MIB coding, EFT.
• Trained for using the R to do the statistical collections Actuarial Experience Mathematical Training
• Finished Math as the secondary Major for my University career.
• One year studying in probability and statistical math with R and SQL.
• Passed Exam P and Exam FM and becomes ASA/FSA candidate.
• Licensed Life, Health and Accident Insurance Producer.
- Assistant Underwriter at Kemper Home Services
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Physics
• Underwriter: Decision maker in accepting/denying new business or reviewing current policy holders. Collected MVR's/CLUE Reports from Lexis Nexis and Diamond systems to determine eligibility. ◦ Rideshare: Assisted Agents with writing Rideshare policies and determining eligibility. ◦ Personal Lines: Issued new business policies, advised agents on acceptance / denials.
• Assistant Underwriter: Responsibilities were many and varied in a small office. ◦ Assigned incoming mail in the Trac system to appropriate departments / staff. ◦ Issued Cancelations, Reinstatements, Renewals and Endorsement changes to policies. ◦ Advised agents on policy guidelines.
• Other Duties: Accounting-bill payments, Receptionist: Walk Ins, Phone, Bilingual translator.
- Underwriter / Assistant Underwriter at STONEGATE INSURANCE COMPANY
- First Report Taker / Data Entry at UNIQUE INSURANCE COMPANY
- Sales Associate at SMITH & HAWKEN
2 years at this Job
- Masters of Educational Leadership - Educational Leadership
- - Graphic Design
- Bachelors of Fine Arts - Art
VENTURE CAPTIVE MGMT * Norcross, GA * 2015 - 2017
VCM is a captive manager. Different from traditional insurance, this is a self-insurance option that offers companies additional advantages, such as control, ownership, and profit. Assistant Underwriter
As a contracted employee in the National Assisted Living Risk Retention Group department, assist where needed in the underwriting process on an as need basis. Make sound decisions for the betterment of the company by diligently investigating every insured's background before approving coverage. Reconcile month end A/R and, prepare important documents daily to be distributed. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Manage account payments, calculations, and account reviews
• Data entry such as cash application in QuickBooks; enter totals weekly in excel spreadsheet for progress reports
• Garner needed information for new business
• Issue quotes
• Bind renewals
• Review inspections
• Answer coverage related questions
• Resolve billing issues
• Process cancellations and reinstatements
• Assist in the training of new hires
- Assistant Underwriter at National Assisted Living Risk Retention Group
- Media Buyer - Remote Position at GRIFFIN MARKETING GROUP
- Finance Administration/Accounting Specialist at BUCHANAN GROUP INC
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Management
Assistant Underwriter for the Personal Lines team. Responsibilities include following-up on new business quotes, processing endorsements, binding both new and renewal business, reviewing inspections to make sure properties are insured correctly, and quoting high value, earthquake, travel, and umbrella coverage. I'm also responsible for developing marketing content for use on social media platforms to ensure our agents and potential agents are kept current on what we have to offer.
- ASSISTANT UNDERWRITER BURNS & WILCOX at
- at ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE PEARL INSURANCE
- at LIABILITY CLAIMS REP TRADERS INSURANCE
- CLAIMS GENERALIST PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE at LIABILITY CLAIMS REP TRADERS INSURANCE
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- BGS - Communication Studies
• Gathers and organizes information and reports to support the underwriting department
• Assist the underwriter with the computation of rates and premiums.
• Review incoming insurance applications for accuracy and completeness
• Issue new and renewal binders, endorsements, cancellations, and reinstatements.
• Issue audit endorsements and provide accounting invoices to the retailer brokers.
• Provide customer support to retail brokers regarding premium audit and any discrepancy regarding correction of the policy.
• Provide Loss Runs to retail brokers.
- ASSISTANT UNDERWRITER at METCOM EXCESS
- TECHNICAL ASSISTANT at JEFFERSON INSURANCE COMPANY
13 years at this Job
- - MEDICAL OFFICE SPECIALIST
• Performing assistant underwriting duties for surplus lines general agent
• Providing customer service to retail agents and handling associated tasks
• Working under pressure to meet weekly and monthly goals and deadlines
- Assistant Underwriter at CHRIS-LEEF GENERAL AGENCY
- Care Facilitator at KidsTLC
- Corporate Office Assistant at B&L Motels, Inc
- Assistant Executive Director of Finance at Investment Club
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Administration
• Support underwriters and agents in accessing Flood Services.
• Screen Invoice prepares the quotes for Midterms and renewal terms.
• Handle Non-Money and Money Endorsement.
• Cancellations upon request.
• Follow up for any outstanding Information needed for underwriter approval.
• Assistant with Agency complying with FEMA rules and regulation.
• Promoted to level two within 1 year/Assistance new hires with processing.
• Assist with client/customers with questions, quotes, claim to report, uses de-escalation techniques.
• Assist with chat and Phones.
- Assistant Underwriter Rep II at Assurant -Flood Services
- Customer Experience Rep Tech Support ll at Comcast
- Outbound Escalation Rep I at Urban Lending Solutions-Mortgage Centralize
- Work from Agent Staples - Customer Services Rep III at Work daily Online
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- certificate - Certified Nursing
- High school - Social Studies
- Associate - Sociology
Perform much of the upfront legwork in getting an insurance application file ready for review. When an application is initially submitted, the assistant usually reviews it and contacts the agent or broker if anything is missing. Once all items are in place, the assistant enters application information and other documents into a computer system for analysis or review by the underwriter. The assistant also plays a key role in facilitating and managing relationships with customers. Renewals are important to the long-term success of the insurer. The assistant typically monitors customer renewal dates, and sends out notices and invoices in a timely manner. In some cases, the insurer must cancel a policy. The assistant is usually responsible for sending out cancellation notices to customers as well. The assistant may also help in gathering research and industry data for use in assessing premiums for new accounts or renewals.
- Assistant Underwriter at Shelly, Middlebrooks & O’Leary
- Self Employed at Brooks Mean Cleaning
- Invoice Auditor at ServiceLink
- Team Lead at CitiBank
4 months at this Job
- Serviced an underwriter's book of business in the Professional liability department. - Assisted clients with their inquiries, maintained documentation of any correspondence, existing issues, and their respective resolutions. - Implemented new lines of coverage by creating accounts, collecting applicable documentation, and reviewed policy details with the Insured/Retailer. - Input client's information into company's internal database. - Updated client's profile to reflect changes throughout the year. - Responsible for contacting current clients to initiate renewal process. Would send applications or automatic renewal notices. Followed-up with clients if there's no response from the initial notice. - Requested and issued quotes (new and renewal) from carriers. - Negotiated coverage details and competitive pricing with carriers - Audited quotes, endorsements, and binders prior to their release. Made requests for changes as necessary. - Bound coverage and issued certificates - Processed invoices internally for accounting to process. - Received and reviewed policy and declaration pages to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Assistant Underwriter at SLB Insurance Group
- General Manager at Subway
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Associates of Art - Art
Starting as a temporary employee, I was officially hired July 14, 2014. I began as an Underwriting Assistant I. My responsibilities included answering calls from agents and principals, issuing bonds via Quote and Issue, reviewing and revising bond documents on a daily basis, maintain indemnity records, printing and sorting renewal bonds on a rotating basis. I moved to processing in July of 2015. There I assist territory underwriters with issuing new business bonds, riders and power of attorney documents. I handle broker of record requests (moving principal accounts from one agent to another), update agent and bond information, cancel and reinstate bonds, calculate premiums, and much more. I am required to give presentations for incentive and training purposes. I am assigned departmental projects from time-to-time to help build team focus and relationships with our agents.
- Assistant Underwriter at Liberty Mutual Insurance Company National Bond Center
- Assistant Coordinator at NCAA Enforcement
- Legal Assistant-Temporary at Cohen, Garelick, & Glazier, LLC
- Administrative Assistant to Deputy Chief Counsel at Indiana University Health
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Fine Arts