• Managed and maintained Consular Processing and NVC case load
• Drafted, prepared and submitted 212 Misrepresentation and 601/A Provisional Waivers
• Prepared, submitted and maintained U-Visa and VAWA, bond motions, asylum cases, and various RFEs
• Advocated and communicated extensively with clients, professionals, and Government personals
• Attended court hearings, I-130, N-400, and I-485 interviews
- Associate Attorney at Associate Attorney
- Law Clerk at Svetlana Schreiber & Associates
- Interpreter/law clerk at George P Mann & Associates
- Arabic Virtual Translator at Science Applications International Corporation
2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Crime, Law and Justice
Associate attorney working on class action litigations.
- Associate Attorney at Finkelstein, Blankinship, Frei-Pearson & Garber
- Contracts and Compliance Intern at UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS, A UNITED TECHNOLOGIES COMPANY
- Student Intern at IRAP
- Pro bono/Case Manager/President at IRAP
2 months at this Job
- J.D. - Certificates
- B.A. in Psychology - Criminal Justice and Business
Associate attorney in the class action department. I am heavily involved in all aspects of litigation - filing complaints, writing motions and dealing with discovery. Co-authored class action complaint against Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) for the 2018 Camp Fire.
- Associate Attorney at Franklin D. Azar & Associates
- Staff Attorney at Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd
- Contract Attorney at Latham & Watkins
- Project Attorney at Cooley
5 months at this Job
- - Foundations of International Law
- - Human Rights
- LL.M - International Law
- J.D. - International Law
- B.A. - Political Science
As an associate attorney, I handle my own schedule of cases. I draft and file court papers, hold court conferences and perform the litigation aspects of trial.
- Associate Attorney at Wingate, Kearney & Cullen
- Legal Intern at Criminal Defense clinic at Lincoln Square Legal Services, Fordham University School of Law
- Law Student Fellow at New York State Bar Association
- Legal Intern, Offices of the Public Defender at Putnam and St. Johns County
7 months at this Job
- JD - Law
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Mandarin Chinese
As associate attorney at a small plaintiff’s firm, I conducted research, drafted motions and pleadings, met with clients and assisted with trial preparations. I attended one trial as second chair.
- Associate Attorney at Law Office of Felipe Fulgencio
- Document Review Attorney at DA Solutions
- associate attorney at Law Office of Diane Gelon
- senior associate attorney at Rissman, Barrett, Hurt, Donahue and McLain, P.A
6 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - History
*Firm Name Withheld* - Associate Attorney * Commercial litigator involved in a statewide practice, with a specialization in focusing on complex litigation including enforcing contract terms between multi-national companies following a breach. * Only attorney in firm to first chair multiple trials throughout the past year and obtain judgments on every case in favor of clients. * Researched and drafted briefs, memorandums, and litigation summaries for partners at the firm. Lone Star Greeting Service, L.L.C. - Associate Attorney/Law Clerk * Assisted the General Counsel with employment law and human resources issues such as hiring and termination of the company's employees as well as wrongful termination claims by former employees. * Drafted employment contracts and revised non-compete agreements used by the company and its officers to better protect the company's interests. Special Assistant - Louisiana Attorney General - Research Clerk * Researched and drafted a motion for summary judgment on several complex employment law matters in preparation for hearings before a Louisiana state court. * Analyzed complex medical charts and prepared pleadings in preparation for hearing on medical malpractice issue before a Louisiana district court. Bar Admissions & Associations * State Bar of California * State Bar of Texas * Austin Bar Association, Austin Bar Association Fee Dispute Committee, Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Associate Attorney at *Firm Name Withheld
at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Law Moot Court Tournament Top Brief
- - Law
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications
• Associate attorney for law firm practicing Personal Injury.
• Manage independent caseload including all written discovery, depositions, motions, settlement negotiations and trial preparation.
• Conduct client intake, client retention and client generation
• Facilitate attorney-client communications.
• Conduct research and prepare legal memoranda and letters.
- Associate Attorney at Michigan Accident Associates
- Associate Attorney June 1, 2017 at Christopher Trainor & Associates
- Licensed Life Insurance Agent at Christopher Trainor & Associates
- Associate Attorney at Commonwealth Law Group PLC
4 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
Melissa E. Oxford
5636 S. Richmond Ave.│Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135
(918) 520-0274│[email protected]
• Dynamic trial attorney with expertise in workers’ compensation and tort.
• Provides high quality and cost effective legal representation for clients.
• Diligently meets reporting and billing requirements. EXPERIENCE McDANIEL ACORD & LYTLE, Tulsa, Oklahoma Associate Attorney: April 2018-Present
• Obtains positive outcomes for clients in construction defect, employment, and family law cases.
• Drafts various pleadings, discovery, and correspondence timely to move cases forward
• Attends court hearings, mediations, depositions, client meetings, and site inspections.
- Associate Attorney at McDaniel Acord & Lytle
- Senior Staff Attorney at LAW OFFICES OF David Klosterboer
- Staff Attorney at LAW OFFICES OF ANN FRIES
- Associate Attorney at MCGIVERN & GILLIARD
9 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
As an Associate Attorney, I research, interpret, and apply state and federal laws, court decisions, rules, polices, and regulations of torts, insurance law, and business law. I meet and interview clients. I negotiate settlements, review and prepare contracts, and provide legal counsel. I research and investigate cases by interviewing witness, reviewing evidence, and conducting discovery. In addition, I prepare letters, settlement demands, complaints, briefs, responsive pleadings, and motions in preparation for trials, hearings, and other legal proceedings. I make court appearances to argue law, legal theories, and facts in bench and jury trials on behalf of clients. I routinely respond to discovery request.
- Associate Attorney at Broderick Law Group
- Special Projects Officer, GS at Social Security Administration
- Hearing Unit Intern to the Honorable Alison Smith at U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Student Prosecutor at Fayette County Solicitor General's Office
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Atlanta's John Marshall Law Journal
- Masters of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Public Policy - Public Policy
Newport Beach, CA Wright, Finlay & Zak, LLP ("WFZ") is a full-service litigation and transactional law firm headquartered in Newport Beach, CA, with numerous offices across the West Coast. ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY (April 2015 - Present) * Represented loan servicers, investors and originators in a wide array of complex litigation issues, including payment misapplication, loan modification, wrongful foreclosure, predatory lending, bankruptcy, title, rent control, force-placed insurance, unfair business practices and other mortgage-related issues * Proactively managed numerous cases while advising clients on litigation strategy * Successfully drafted and argued Motions for Summary Judgment, Motions to Dismiss, Demurrers, Motions to Compel * Negotiated favorable settlement terms to expedite case resolution, resulting in significant client savings * Appeared throughout various federal and state and in California * Surpassed annual attorney billing requirement
- ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY at Wright, Finlay & Zak, LLP
- LAW CLERK at Jacobs & Dodds
- LAW CLERK at Law Offices of Thomas E. Elenbaas
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- JURIS DOCTOR - Chapman Entertainment and Sports Law Society
- - Television Law
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - POLITICAL SCIENCE