Manitoba Public Insurance Corporation Associate Business/Quality Analyst Winnipeg, Canada Jul 2016 to Jan 2018 Project Name: Insurance Licensing and Identity
Client: Manitoba Public Insurance Corporation
Team Size: 10
Role: Associate Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Project Description
Manitoba Public Insurance is a web-based auto insurance application developed for supporting auto insurance for the province of Manitoba. It mainly consists of 6 modules namely Driver licensing, Registration and insurance, claims, Road safety and Identification cards and winter tire program. My primary responsibility was production support Business Analyst and as part of the automation team I was responsible for automation of driver licensing renewals, card generation and winter tire program. Role and Responsibilities
• Actively manage application defects from inception through resolution, working with business SMEs, application designers, developers and testers to effectively prioritize and drive to resolution.
• Working closely with business users to define requirements, prioritize issues, and address production support issues.
• Documented and elicited business requirements from Subject Matter Experts by writing user stories resulting in a clearer, more detailed and more complete understanding of project deliverables.
• Identified, solicited and continuously maintained feature requests and bug reports.
• Created and entered user stories on to JIRA application.
• Planned and defined system requirements to Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML Methodologies.
• Defined current and future scenarios using use cases. Build rapport with stakeholders to validate and finalize the requirements in the Business Requirement Document.
• Acting as liaison between the business users and the IT development team to determine and deliver the most effective solution for development and implementation including preparing detailed business requirements documents.
• Created Test plans and gathered data for Manual Testing for users to use during User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Writing test cases using Element locators, WebDriver methods, Java programming features and TestNG Annotations.
• Developed Automation test scripts in Selenium WebDriver using Java based on the design pattern Page Object Model for reusability.
• Generated logs and reports using TestNG Reports.
• Participated in defect management meetings by providing information required to triage and resolve issues encountered during testing.
• Developed solutions for moderately complex business problems by conduction business case analysis, cost/benefit analysis, and feasibility studies. Prepared clear concise, reports/presentations outlining findings, and recommendations. Participating in the information system planning processes as it relates to the development and implementation or product and or service enhancements.
• Have experience creating SSRS for end users.
• Provide technical support to other business areas.
- Associate Business Analyst at Manitoba Public Insurance
- Quality Analyst at Great West Life Assurance Company
- Administrative Assistant at
- Administrative Assistant at Manitoba Child and Family Services
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Science
-Brooklyn, New York Brought onto the team for the ability to manage projects, specifically for the strong experience of agile within banking initiatives. ASSOCIATE/BUSINESS ANALYST (October 2017 to Present) Provided technical and communication skills for the coordination of major migration projects from a legacy system to the newly integrated application. Business partners included Asset Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Banking, and Middle Office. ♦ Documented user stories, provided prototypes, and presented potential solutions to business users (typically 20-30 participants) for enhancement requests. ♦ Coordinated working groups and development for Letters of Credit Transactions to be migrated to the new application. ♦ Identified gaps and provided analysis for the legacy system to the new application, specifically for audit trail and approval override functionality.
- ASSOCIATE/BUSINESS ANALYST at JPMorgan Chase & Co. - Credit Risk Technology
- Assistant Vice President for technical expertise at State Street
- OFFICER, DATA QUALITY TEAM at State Street
- BUSINESS ANALYST / REPORTING SPECIALIST at Hemenway & Barnes, LLP
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
Highlands Ranch, CO 1999-Present Built solid career and outstanding reputation for providing sound cooperation, collaboration, leadership and innovative solutions while advancing through positions of increased responsibility. Executive Assistant / Associate Business Analyst Serve as 'Right Hand' for the VP of Global Systems Engineering; provide support, manage calendars, coordinate meetings and travel. Assist staff in up to 26 global locations. Prepare purchase requisitions for multi-million dollar hardware/software equipment and maintenance. Review ELA Agreements and co-term maintenance contracts with vendors. Review and process expense reports and organizational charts, and maintain knowledge regarding VISA processes. Communicate extensively with executive management, staff members, vendors, and other Operations & Infrastructure groups globally; assist in various key areas, including HR, payroll, A/P, asset management, security, workstation support, badge access and restricted room access, purchase cards, corporate cards, corporate shipping, training payments for O&I staff. Collaborate with other administrative personnel. Manage and coordinate training, catering for meetings/events, book conference rooms, and set up guest offices in all locations. Selected Contributions: ♦ Built and cultivated relationships spanning across numerous groups within the Visa organization, as well as with external contacts; recipient of numerous accolades from Visa as well as external vendors. ♦ Delivered hands on training to new Administrative Assistants & other staff as needed; frequently sought out for guidance and instruction regarding expense report preparation, reconciling, and other standard processes and applications. ♦ Earned reputation for effortlessly meeting ever-changing needs in an expanding role; quickly learned new methodologies, adapted to take on new tasks, and consistently displayed a positive attitude while supporting growing departments under the Head of Global Operations & System Engineering. ♦ Instrumental in driving productivity, saving costs, and optimizing fiscal performance; identified and eliminated duplicate tasks, and firmly managed consumables in alignment with organizational objectives. . Core Environmental Labs - Denver, CO DOD Defense Logistics Agency/Defense Finance & Accounting Center - Alexandria VA
- Executive Assistant / Associate Business Analyst at VISA, Inc
20 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Government Sponsored Coursework
As part of the Technology & Operations Management (TOMS) group within Finance Technology, I owned end-to-end execution and delivery of large, complex, cross-divisional projects across Technology, Operations and Support Services divisions amounting to $4bn in annual spend.
The TOMS group delivers best-of-breed solutions to optimize the management of Technology & Operations businesses. Applications in this space support a range of management processes; Program & Portfolio Management (PPM), Manpower Budgeting, Capital Budgeting, Time Tracking & Manpower Billing, Resource Management and Project Tracking & Delivery Management. Senior Business Analyst
• Identified opportunities for business process re-engineering in the current financial management tools and processes leading to a very complex and heavily customized application throughout the years
• Influenced business and technology management to revamp and simplify the current tools, workflow and processes to improve user experience, accuracy, reliability and enable efficiency and productivity
• Liaise with senior management and cross-functional teams to analyze, capture and validate scope, current state, proposed future state, gaps and break requirements into JIRA tasks and prioritize in Sprint Planning sessions.
• Create User Stories, Wireframes, Test Cases and maintain product backlog by following Agile methodology (Scrum) guidelines and work closely with development team to ensure requirements are implemented per business requirements.
• Analyze data via Business Analytics (BI) solutions using Tableau dashboards, MsViz, OLAP Cube and BOXI reporting solutions to help support business requirement gathering and data quality
• Led successful roll out of the Funding Request application across all of Support Services and Front Office while integration with other systems - such as Source-to-Pay (SAP Ariba), Budgeting system (BEAM), Allocations Engine (Abacus) and General Ledger (GL).
• Create test plans, manage test execution and co-ordinate UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and Regression Testing Project Management
• Create, maintain and drive projects through all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle to successfully meet delivery timelines for stakeholders across Technology, Operations and Support Services
• Manage post production critical issue management and user training/testing for global implementation of financial budgeting & planning applications
• Create status reports, steering committee updates, project plan and ensure proper documentation of requirements, sign-offs while following Agile methodology and achieving millions of dollars in cost savings and process efficiencies Client Relationship Management
• Work closely with Senior Business Managers to understand their requirements related to Resource Planning, Finance/Budget forecast and allocations
• As a subject matter expert (SME), work closely with clients in the investigation and resolution of day-to-day production support requests to meet KPIs and SLAs
• Work with business areas to develop and deploy multi-channel Train the Trainer sessions
• Create user surveys to solicit client/user feedback to plan product roadmap and efficiencies
• Prepare Quick Reference Cards (QRCs), FAQs, Release Notes, User Training documents and UAT Guides
- Associate (Business Analyst/Project Manager) at Morgan Stanley
- Business Analyst at PeopleTracker (Resource Management Tool)
- Analyst/Project Coordinator at Medco Health Solutions / Express Scripts, NJ
- NY - Associate Project Manager/Business Analyst at McGraw Hill Education
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Telecommunications Management
- Bachelor of Science - Electronics Engineering
• Provided reporting and analysis for all operations activity including productivity, capital and overhead spending, forecasting, budgeting, absorption, sales, and inventory and operations planning
• Supported new lines of business and assisted in finding ways to reduce overhead cost per job
• Prepared and distributed financial reports and indicators and explains financial results to non-financial audiences
• Extracted, organized, analyzed, and reports data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions
• Safety Policy and Practice
- Associate Business Analyst at Florida Power and Light
- Accounting Specialist at Surety Bank
- Project Controller at Willbros T and D Services
- Special Events Coordinator/Service Manager at Mid Florida Golf Cars
2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Project Management
- Bachelor of Applied Science - Business Management
• Identify and collect requirements; review and support application testing; and serve as the subject matter expect prior to product roll-out to production teams.
• Continuous support of front-end applications for both front and back office personnel of all Private Bank proprietary applications developed in UNIX/Linux and MS .net.
• Manage team's relationship with technology, operations, and business partners by addressing critical issues, identifying best solutions, and building consensus to meet customer needs.
• Manage team's queue oversight and escalates critical items to Business Support Center Manager, Applications Support, and Development teams to resolve and reduce potential risk.
• Facilitated product training which impacted 94,000+ clients. Trained employees with extreme attention to detail on fundamentals and best practices as adopted by the firm.
• Trouble shoot issues using technology skills and work closely with Level 2 and 3 teams.
- Associate/Business Analyst at JP Morgan Chase
- Private Bank Support Analyst at JP Morgan Chase
- Senior Institutional Client Services Representative at UBS Financial Services
- Senior Account Opening Specialist at UBS Financial Services
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing - Marketing
• Analyze and process bulk quantities of Medicaid Encounters through established procedures, as well as develop streamlined and innovative methods.
•Through the utilization of SQL, VBA and Excel I have taken on the task of reducing monthly volume of assigned processes. The results reaching an overall increase of acceptance from 70% to 97% . The process accounting for approximately $500,000 in recovered funds per month.
• Developed new queries and formulas that reduced research time on specific processes that went from an approximate 8-12 hours to 30 minutes.
• Member of department wide committee responsible for improving internal survey scores from 73% to 85% relating to job satisfaction and wellness.
• Responsible for onboarding and training of new team members, ranging from acquiring access to relevant systems to job shadowing and skill set development.
• Increased productivity by collaborating with peers on related teams to streamline processes and reduce overlap.
• Experience working with and developing process improvements, workflows, and evaluation of business processes.
- Associate Business Analyst at UnitedHealthcare
- Account Protection Specialist at American Express
- Provider Database Analyst at UnitedHealthcare
- Claims Representative Associate at UnitedHealthcare
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Political Science/History
- High school - General Studies
• Analysis of data/processes to develop viable, business-driven and cost- effective solutions
• Collection of information and use of current/emerging technologies to develop/validate effective solutions
• Development of ETL tools for loading and reporting on EPIC data
• Analysis and reporting of current departmental Talent Acquisition strategy with proposed change
• Creation and adjustment of templates in EPIC
• Management and manipulation of large data sets with extensive analysis in Microsoft Excel
- Associate Business Analyst at Allegheny Health Network
- Real Time Analyst, Workforce Management at Allegheny Health Network
- Senior Manager at Alorcia
- Manager at Alorica
3 months at this Job
- Certification - Computer Information Systems
- Certification - Computer Programming
- White Belt - LEAN/Six Sigma
* Identify and communicate data and reporting tools necessary to/and perform business, financial and data analysis. * Coordinate business objectives with off-site teams and management to meet deadlines and goals. * Support Sales Operations with inventory levels, distributor commission and profitability and educate teams on the execution of pricing models. * Create proposal for Sales Representatives based on quotes processed; calculating GM cost/savings as well as the target sell price for custom kits quoted. * Recommend, develop, create and implement ad hoc reports as business conditions necessitate. * Develop action plans based on reporting results and follow-up to ensure necessary actions are implemented.
- Associate Business Analyst at Medline Industries
- Client Service Specialist at ETA Hand2Mind
- Liquidation Closing Specialist at Dovenmuehle Mortgage
- Marketing & Sales Analyst at Zeller Plastik
6 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Management
- Bachelor in Science - Financial Services
End User Support (EUS), both technical and interpersonal, enterprise
• Procurement for the IT department, overseeing all hardware/software needs, liaison for customers, tech support & vendors, providing ETA, workflow and status of their request
• Analyze Service Now database Q/A task to confirm inventory configurations associated with allocated equipment
• Organize and submit capital equipment orders to ensure time lines are met for scheduled project deployments
• Optimize processes for workflow conflicts on a daily basis
• Submit and manage vendor invoices through Coupa for payment
• Create documentation of business requirements for training purposes
- ASSOCIATE BUSINESS ANALYST at SENTARA HEALTHCARE
- COMPUTER OPERATOR at SENTARA HEALTHCARE
- WAREHOUSE COORDINATOR at NYK LOGISTICS
- IT BUSINESS ANALYST at SENTARA HEALTHCARE
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Management Information Systems