DENVER, CO 2018-2019
Charter Communications is America's fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. Charter is at the intersection of facilitating essential communications that connect more than 26 million residential and business customers in 41 states.
Responsible for assuring timely purchase, delivery, and receipt of designated products at the lowest overall total cost to the organization. Working knowledge of purchasing principles, theories, concepts, and procedures to ensure that the right products are available at the right time, price, and quality.
• Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
• Manage purchase orders through selected stages including change and tracking tasks
• Maintain productive relationships in the supplier community including minority vendors and diversity programs to enhance Charter's reputation in the communities served
• Assists with auditing vendor's performance on invoice and shipment discrepancies, and communicate results with internal departments on issue resolution
• Executes buying responsibilities for a low range of low cost technical and non-technical products to support company initiatives and timelines
• Contributes to cost control initiatives by actively participating in vendor reduction, product standardization and excess material liquidation, item master cleanup, and maintenance activities
- Associate Buyer at CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS
- Senior Collections Specialist at SUNRUN
- Credit Analyst at TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEMS
- at TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEMS
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance - Accounting and Finance
Associate Buyer (Supply Chain Compliance Analyst) 2017 to July 2018 *Corporate Social Responsibility Analyst: CaTISCA, Dodd-Frank, UK Modern Slavery Act, Cyber Security *Administered and reported on Corporate Compliance Activities working with Sr. Counsel, and the Director of Procurement. *Developed and administered updated training to necessary departments.
- Associate Buyer at CUBIC CORPORATION
- Procurement Administrator at
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- None - Psychology: Plan to continue as time permits
Experienced in procurement and process improvement with extensive knowledge in logistics, pick- pack, fulfillment, shipping, and receiving. Intense supervisory experience, handling up to 50 associates. Proven ability to make strategic result oriented decisions. Church & Dwight - Ewing NJ Associate Buyer (Temporary) 9/2018 - Present Research suppliers for Chemical and Vitamin departments Reconciliation for blocked invoices and price variances Manage various projects for Packaging, Vitamin and Chemical departments Data entry for price, vendor changes, and scheduling agreements Analyze annual volume and price change impact data using Pivot tables and Vlookups
- Associate Buyer (Temporary) at Church & Dwight
- Freelance Composer at iHeart Media
- Logistics Coordinator at Pioneer Supply
- Logistics Planner at Crate & Barrel Distribution
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management - Excel Pivot tables and VLookups
• Recently promoted to be the Associate Buyer of one of our highest volume departments within Von Maur.
• Partnering with Senior Buyer in selecting product each season, based upon selling needs, current trends, customer taste and open to buy.
• Deciding store distribution based on each store’s needs and selling trends
- Associate Buyer of Women's Casual Sportswear at Von Maur
- Associate Buyer of Women's Accessories at Von Maur
- Department Manager of Contemporary Clothing at Von Maur
- Store Manager at Crossroads Handcrafts of the World
2 months at this Job
- Footwear Design - FDA
February 2017 - Present
• Works in conjunction with Senior Buyer to profitably manage 6 categories of Women's footwear, across Sears and Kmart retail store format
• Accountable for handling 600 CC's, across over 500 store locations. Annual sales revenue totaling $60 million dollars.
• Responsible for building product assortment and planning strategic goals for each season, including forecasting sales and inventory per category to meet department goals.
• Manages vendor partnerships, negotiates terms, product costing, ensures accuracy of purchase orders, and timely delivers.
• Determines effective promotional strategies within each category, utilizes price-testing to remain competitive in the market.
- Associate Buyer at Sears Holdings Corporation
- Assistant Buyer at Sears Holdings Corporation
- Assistant Buyer at Nebraska Book Company
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Fashion Merchandising
Make sales to the customer,
• Run cash registers/check out customers.
• Manage inventory by stocking the store.
• Excellent customer service.
• Keep store clean.
• Put together store displays.
• Explain the buying process to the customer so that they are fully aware of the procedure
• Go through the items the customer brings in and pick out what is suitable to sell in the store.
• Input and price the items according to company standards into a special computer program. Major achievements included: being promoted from just a sales associate to buyer, building tremendous organizational skills, and learning how to proficiently use a cash register.
- Sale's Associate/Buyer at Plato's Closet
- Server/Head Wait at Texas Roadhouse
- Head Hostess/Table busser/To-Go Order Server at Whiskey Creek Woodfire Grill
11 months at this Job
- - Dental Assisting
- - Nursing
- Certification - Nursing Aide
- - Nursing
Perform the technical and mechanical aspects of the buying role as well as complete functions that contribute to the Buying Team's ability to achieve sales, gross margin, inventory, and turnover goals for assigned categories of merchandise.
• Generate weekly financial reports (sales, markdowns and receipt) and analyzes data to draw conclusions and provide recommendations to the team on opportunities to improve performance.
• Created a competitive advertising landscape per week with images of our ads versus competition ads with a description of promotions and the financials of how Sears's items in the ad did versus their forecast.
• Subsidy collection for the entire Sears Lawn and Garden Department, including tracking, creating of promotional agreements, forecasting amounts and collecting signatures within a 48 hour time span.
• Creating and proofing of sales support sources (Merchandise lists, training catalogs).
• Store set up/POG execution in collaboration with the retail services team to create the different planograms.
• Play a major role in all financial reporting, gathering of member data, and assortment planning for the future lines with seasonal Line Review.
• Assisted in negotiating buying terms with vendors(Price, quantity, delivery terms, subsidy)
• Assisted the Buyer in creating forecasts across Lines
• Collaborated cross functionally with teams including Inventory, Planning, Creative, Store Support, Marketing, and Finance.
- ASSOCIATE BUYER at SEARS HOLDINGS CORPORATION
- OFFICE MANAGER at IMMEDIADENT
- STORE MANAGER at FINISH LINE
9 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Business Management
· Successfully managed $100-200 million subcategories and successfully achieved financial goals and budget · Developed and executed modular relays utilizing Prospace with modular managers utilizing consumer insights, business reviews, and supplier input · Leads a cross-functional team while demonstrating up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and achievement of action plans. · Developed and implemented new sales plans and defined the1 year & 3 year strategy · Reviewed constantly the customer and partner feedback and provides suggestions to Sr. Buyer or DMM for suggested ways to improve forecasts, product lines, and marketing plans · Developing product solutions for private label utilizing multiple sources of data such as Retail Link, Syndicated Data, Insights, and the overseas sourcing team · Improved communication as dept. liaison with the marketing department to better understand the competitive position for print and digital marketing.
- Associate Buyer at Walmart
- Merchandise Specialist at Walmart
- Category team assistant at Walmart
- Textile Specialist at Consumer Testing Laboratories
11 months at this Job
- Master's - Business Administration
- Bachelor's - Apparel Studies
As an Associate Buyer & Brand Acquisition Strategist, I am responsible for utilizing my velocity forecasting, metric analysis and trend tracking skills to make profitable and overall beneficial purchase decisions for the company. I am also responsible for being the first point of contact for most new brands and vendors as well as maintaining and strengthening the relationships we have with existing brands and vendors. By using established and effective communication skills, detail orientation, and business-to-business sales skills, as well as proficiencies with AMS, Seller Central and the Amazon platform, my goals with new vendors are to initiate contact, establish goals, review products, sales velocity and profit margin, create and place purchase orders and maintain and foster vendor relationships that help us achieve mutually beneficial relationships and potential product exclusivity.
- Brand Acquisition Strategist & Associate Buyer at Wishing U Well, Inc
- Quality Technician & Associate Buyer at Linear Manufacturing
- At-Home Advisor at Apple Inc
- Senior Technical Support Specialist (Supervisor) at T-Mobile US
9 months at this Job
- - Visual Communication and Business Management
Made buyer with in two moths, meaning I was responsible for incoming merchandise and determining price, quality, and condition.
- Sales Associate/ buyer at Plato's Closet
- Administrative Assistant at K & P Strategies LLC
- Manager on Duty, server, etc. at Oscars sports bar and pizza grille
- CSA - Customer Service Associate at MoJo's full service Carwash and detail center
4 months at this Job
- Associate - Social sciences
- Some college