• Direct oversight for all human resource and financial functions, including supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, Director of Human Resources and related staff.
• Realign finance and human resources under one authority in a way that supports and facilitates the College's mission and assures that these administrative systems operate effectively and efficiently.
• Responsible for oversight of resource management, including direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in completion of duties including management of all funding sources, budget development and implementation, accounts receivable/payable, and audit response.
• Works closely with the Dean and CFO to develop and coordinate the College's annual academic and operating budget planning process, forecasts and predicts resource requirements for new and existing programs, and develops funding strategies.
• Oversees human resource functions in the College, including labor relations, hiring, evaluations, staff promotions, and faculty promotion and tenure.
• Holds primary responsibility for compliance with University policies, including those related to human resources and resource management.
• Chief Operating Officer, working in conjunction with the Sr. Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs to maintain CAS operations in the absence of the Dean.
• Serve as a confidential advisor to the Dean, providing broad-based administrative support, including management of the Dean's direct reports.
• Support the work of the Academic Deans by leading planning efforts that are responsive to the goals and initiatives of the College, and that consider and balance the unique needs, structure and cultures of individual departments while ensuring consistency with the College's overall mission.
- Associate Dean at University at Buffalo, College of Arts & Sciences
- Mentor Program at
- SUNY-Wide Faculty Senator at
- Buffalo Faculty Senate Executive Committee at
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
* Manage application process for clinical faculty positions: review curriculum vitaes, identify qualified candidates and submit to the Associate Dean for consideration, forward selected applicants to human resources, schedule interviews * Organize Spring and Fall student celebrations and coordinate Pet Therapy Program * Manage calendar, schedule meetings, coordinate travel arrangements and process expense reports * Compile, edit, and check for accuracy on reports, correspondence, publications and presentations * Update the faculty handbook * Serve as primary back-up to the Executive Assistant to the Dean of the School of Nursing * Assist Associate Dean in maintaining course and program approval documentation from New York State * Provide administrative support for Committee on Academic and Professional Integrity and Center for Academic and Professional Success Committee (CAPS) * Serve as staff advisor for student-led organization, LIFT - Leading with Integrity for Tomorrow and coordinate monthly LIFT presentations * Coordinate, compile and input data for formal required academic surveys: annual New York State Office of Professions, American Association of Colleges of Nursing and other surveys as assigned for submission
- Assistant to Associate Dean at University of Rochester
- at University of Rochester
- Assistant to Associate Dean, Research at University of Rochester
- Payroll Specialist at University of Rochester
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Organizational Management
- Associate of Science - Liberal Arts
- Associate of Science - Business Management Administration
Miami Dade College, District | Miami, FL | 3/18 – Present
Executive-level administrator for the School of Continuing Education and Professional Development which serves approximately 67,000 students per year across 8 campuses and online and has an annual operating budget of $18 million.
· Oversee all operational aspects of the organizational unit
· Oversee Corporate Education and Online Programs
· Oversee marketing budget of $1.5 million Key Accomplishments
• Overhauled the School’s $1 million per year print marketing campaign to significantly improve ROI.
• Successfully resolved multiple internal and external audits for various college-wide programs and business processes.
• Effectively brought to closure $10 million Department of Labor TACCT Grant.
• Designed and implemented School’s ERP transition plan.
- ASSOCIATE DEAN at Miami Dade College
- Deparment Chairperson at Miami Dade College
- Program Director at Miami Dade College
- Director at Miami Dade College
1 year at this Job
- Master's - Psychology
- Bachelor's - Psychology Major / English Minor
- Doctorate - Clinical Psychology (ABD)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership and administrative oversight to the Division of College Readiness: Intro to College Experience, English for Academic Purposes, English/Reading Prep, and Math Prep
• Develops, monitors, maintains, interprets, executes, and enforces administrative procedures and practices, including policies, guidelines, and standards for the College
• Supervises Faculty and conducts regular class observations and annual performance appraisals
• Assists Faculty and Department Chairs in the development of course and program curriculum
• Meets regularly with Department Chairs to assess and discuss the performance of Adjunct Faculty
• Ensures that all new Faculty receive appropriate mentoring from and by designated senior Faculty
• Promotes and fosters an innovative teaching and learning environment including using technology
• Develops and coordinates the Division's master course schedule and assigns Faculty course loads
• Prepares and manages the Division's budget and advocates for other needed Faculty resources
• Manages, coordinates, and guides the work and development of staff reporting to the Division
• Responds to academic concerns and refers disciplinary issues/unique situations to appropriate staff
• Advises students as to programs of study, course offerings, necessary testing, and prerequisites
• Serves as Division liaison to the function areas including enrollment, testing, advising, and registration
• Prioritizes program needs and develops short-term and long-range goals and recommendations
• Chairs college-wide committees and participates in various committee events
• Communicates and collaborates with external agencies and community leaders Accomplishments as Interim Associate Dean include:
• Collaborated with the Communications Division and Math and Science Division to redesign the Summer Math and English Jump programs
• Restructured the EAP program for F-1 Visa accreditation by the United States ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• Developed various On-Ramping delivery methods in response to the College's Guided Pathways initiative
• Secured a grant through the Foundation to develop math and English diagnostic testing through the online NROC (EdReady) platform
- Interim Associate Dean at College Readiness
- Department Chair, English at College Readiness
- Professor III, English for Academic Purposes (EAP) at College Readiness
- Academic Advisor at Broward College
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Higher Education Leadership and Research
- Master of Arts - Languages and Linguistics
- Bachelor of Arts - Languages and Linguistics
- Bachelor of Arts - Spanish
Accomplished Chief Administrator promoting the academic integrity and curricular coherence of all programs with a focus on raising competency levels among faculty and reinforcing the organizational mission. ♦ Executed fiscal administration monitoring allocation of funds throughout all research and academic programs and implementing policies governing operating and capital budgets to promote full transparency. ♦ Performed financial forecasting and analysis weighing the impact of operational and financial decisions on the University operating budget system. Chaired various BUSPH and University-wide committees to direct allocation of funds in compliance with university policies and guidelines. ♦ Ensured the integrity of all financial operations, overseeing an annual budget exceeding $90 Million. Leveraged a deep understanding of the University's strategic context affirming the programmatic need for budgetary support, when necessary, to the school's departments, centers, faculty and staff. ♦ Collaborated with the Associate Dean of Research, Education and Practice, along with Department Chairs maintaining a cooperative, collegial work climate, focused on aligning academic capabilities with organizational objectives, promoting focus on ~~~~~~~~~~ curriculum improvement and reinforcing a student-centered approach to close knowledge and skills gaps.
- Associate Dean for Administration at Boston University School of Public Health
- Executive Director of Administration, Molecular & Cellular Biology at Harvard University
- Executive Director, The Institute for Quantitative Social Science at Harvard University
- Associate Director for Academic Affairs & Administration at Harvard University
2 years, 6 months at this Job
Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean of Students and Counseling Services. Schedule calendars for Associate Dean, Counseling Services and Disability Support Services. Maintain Dean of Students' budgets, including petty cash account. Also maintain budgets for the student government association and 13 other student groups. Train new student board members quarterly on student government policies and procedures. Recruit, hire, train and supervise Orientation Assistants twice yearly. Created online registration for student events, excused absence requests and student government elections. Review all student event requests. Coordinate logistics for student organization activities including room scheduling and communications with facilities and IT staff. Review all student excused absence requests. Send approvals/denials to students and faculty. Publish bi-weekly newsletter of student activities on campus. Keep all student activity postings current on the University information monitors and social media sites. Coordinate New Student Orientation each August and January. Communicate with all other departments to gather appropriate information to include in packets for incoming students.
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE SENIOR ASSOCIATE DEAN OF STUDENTS at MCPHS UNIVERSITY
- ADULT PROGRAM COORDINATOR at LOWELL ASSOCIATION
- HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR/RECRUITMENT COORDINATOR at CADENCE DESIGN SYSTEMS, INC
11 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Spanish
Ø Supervise various programs-Forensics, Instructional Technology, Criminal Justice, Paralegal/Legal Studies, Video Game Design, Graphic Arts, Psychology, Business, General Education, Interdisciplinary Studies, Social Media and Online Classes, all Allied Health programs such as Nursing-Associates and Bachelor programs, Radiologic Technology, Dietetics and Nutrition, Massage Therapy, Sports Medicine and Fitness Technology, Exercise Science, Medical Assisting, Health Services Administration, Health Science o Accreditation experience-attended ACEN Program Administrator’s Workshop (11/17/17); achieved ACEN accreditation for Nursing program in August 2018; proofreader of ACEN Standards for Nursing program; assist with submitting any substantive changes; monitor the Nursing program to ensure it is meeting the accreditation standards set forth by the FBON (Florida Board of Nursing) Ø Online liaison for all online students at Keiser University Ø Enforce academic policies of the University Ø Conduct Faculty Orientations Ø Collaborate with all departments within the campus such as Financial Aid, Admissions, Student Services, and Bursar Ø Foster and cultivate community relations Ø Created Faculty Development workshops; currently oversee Teaching & Learning Center o Developed Technology training for staff in 2013—6 sessions on MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint o Developed training on becoming better instructors-topics such as dealing with complacency in the classroom, differentiated instruction, professionalism, Teacher Centered Learning, Classroom Management, Retention, Prezi presentations Ø Train Program Directors/Program Coordinators in GPA and Satisfactory Academic Progress statuses Ø Engage in continuous improvement of my knowledge and skills Ø Manage faculty o Conduct classroom observations o Ensure the Nursing program is meeting the accreditation standards set forth by the FBON (Florida Board of Nursing) o Conduct weekly one on one meetings o Review annual program outcomes o Review student evaluations of faculty o Conduct annual performance evaluations o Identify and improve low performing faculty o Monitor enhancement plans Ø Recruit, hire and develop faculty and registrars Ø Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with other professionals, faculty, students, parents and the community Ø Provide assistance to the Dean of Academics in the day to day operations in academics Ø Monitor student retention via multiple reports-such as Last Day Attendance reports, 14 day drop reports Ø Facilitate weekly student retention meetings Ø Participate in monthly student orientations Ø Blackboard course review Veterans on campus training completed on 9/11/14
- Associate Dean at Keiser University
- Interim Dean of Academic Affairs at Keiser University
- Computer Teacher at Jupiter Middle School
- Principal at Life Skills Center
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Educational Leadership - Educational Leadership
- - Education
Primary support to the Associate Dean for the Sanford College of Education (SCOE) providing seasoned, well-skilled general and varied administrative support to assist the Associate Dean in the accomplishment of goals and responsibilities with confidence and discretion in handling personal information. Serve as liaison for Associate Dean with internal and external contacts. Work closely with Manager, Dean Support and lead support staff to manage high level needs and provide consistent backup. Participate with SCOE support team to accomplish team, departmental and college goals and objectives on behalf of faculty, chairs, and leadership. Essential Functions
• Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean, to include but not limited to: preparing external/internal correspondence and technological support for hosted meetings by Dean, Associate Dean and Manager, Dean Support.
• Assist with coordination of school contracts by verifying accuracy and ensuring compliance of University policy and alert contract managers to areas of concern. Track and ensure proper facilitation of payments.
• Assist with compiling and tracking school data/information for monthly report and upon request by the Dean, Associate Dean and university administration.
• Assist with coordination of assigned budget functions.
• Assist with accreditation requirements under direction of the Dean and Associate Dean.
• Engage in System quality improvement initiatives by participating in cross-functional committees as requested by Dean, Associate Dean, Provost and/or President.
• Assist with disseminating class information and course evaluation instructions to lead faculty and school administration for action.
• Assist with special events as requested.
• Other related duties as assigned.
- Assistant to the Associate Dean, Sanford College of Education at National University
- Executive Assistant to Chair of the Chemistry Department at University of San Diego
- Admissions Coordinator at Alliant International University
- Office Manager/Administrator at Clarus Fluid Intelligence
2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- Bachelor of Science in Technical Management - Small Business Management
Experienced Full Professor with a demonstrated history of working in higher education’s main realms: classroom and administration. For over twenty years she has taught communication theory and research courses. Held several administrative positions such as Associate Dean of Student Affairs, Associate Dean of Graduate Academic Affairs and Dean of Graduate Studies and Research in which her leadership was confirmed. Also a savvy researcher, Seijo developed and lead for several years the Undergraduate Research Program of the School of Communication (PICSEC for its Spanish acronym) and her research has been presented internationally. Seijo has developed several coaching programs ranging from academic coaching for thesis completion to coping with degenerative diseases. Assertive communicator with strong skills on strategic planning, organizational change and team leadership. Skilled in Lecturing, organizational change and Instructional Design.
- Professor, Associate Dean of Students and Dean of Graduate Studies and Research at University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus
- Professor at
24 years, 7 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Communications
- Master's - Public Relations
* Provide administrative support to department staff and specifically, to the Associate Dean of Experiential Learning. * Receive and manage inquiries to the department by mail, email, phone and in person. * Facilitate the scheduling of student appointments with the Coordinator of Internships. * Develop and organize files, records and databases. * Monthly department budget reconciliation, budget monitoring, order supplies and track expenditures. * Process purchase requisitions, facilities requisitions and media requisitions. * Organize and coordinate department events, including setup, arranging of food and other vendor services. * Carry out other administrative and clerical tasks as assigned by the Associate Dean. * Track and reconcile intern hours and payroll in Canvas and Banner. * Manage Massasoit Community College Food Pantry; Responsibilities include overseeing the daily operations of the food pantry, including but not limited to training and coordination of food pantry volunteers, purchasing and restocking of food pantry items, quality control, month-end and semester-end statistics, and reports as required. * Prior Learning Assessment Liaison; Point of Contact for students inquiring about prior learning assessment, assist students and answer student questions, process all complete prior learning assessment application files, keep accurate database of all prior learning assessment inquiries.
- Staff Assistant to the Associate Dean of Experiential Learning at Massasoit Community College
- Staff Assistant, Advisement & Counseling, Title III Grant, Temporary at Massasoit Community College
- Substitute Secretary/Substitute Teacher at On Call
- at Bridgewater-Raynham Regional School District
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- A.S. - Business Management
- A.S. - Human Services