As the Associate Dean for Academics I coordinated the academic programs of Logsdon Seminary. Logsdon offers four degree programs with classes provided at six campuses across the state of Texas. I was responsible for coordinating class schedules on all campuses including video conferencing classes, and online offerings. I worked closely with the registrar's office of the University to maintain accurate student records. Additionally, I worked closely with the Dean of the Seminary and program directors to assess academic programs and maintain accreditation standards.
As the Associate Dean for Academics I coordinated the academic programs of Logsdon Seminary. Logsdon offers four degree programs with classes provided at six campuses across the state of Texas. I was responsible for coordinating class schedules on all campuses including video conferencing classes, and online offerings. I worked closely with the registrar's office of the University to maintain accurate student records. Additionally, I worked closely with the Dean of the Seminary and program directors to assess academic programs and maintain accreditation
- ASSOCIATE DEAN FOR ACADEMICS at LOGSDON SEMINARY, HARDIN SIMMONS UNIVERSITY
- MASTER OF DIVINITY PROGRAM DIRECTOR at LOGSDON SEMINARY, HARDIN SIMMONS UNIVERSITY
- PROFESSOR OF NEW TESTAMENT AND GREEK at LOGSDON SEMINARY, HARDIN SIMMONS UNIVERSITY
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- PH.D. - THEOLOGY
- MASTER OF DIVINITY - THEOLOGY
- Bachelor's - Sociology
Housing and Residence Life Division of Student Affairs_
Works in collaboration with the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs in providing high quality accommodations, developing and enforcing policy and process, facilitating student appreciation of and sensitivity to individual differences, and developing a sense of community among residents. My team member's key responsibility is to work with the residence life team to provide an atmosphere where students grow and develop to meet their highest potential. Within these responsibilities is included a hands on approach to student development and direct contact with and support of the students. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of a private and on-campus residential facilities and programming for students and staff. Team with University Administrators, Department Head and other leaders related to Strategic Section Sessions to outline and rework university programs related to housing and residence life; member of the University Emergency Team and Crisis Management Team, expert in conflict resolution and mediation; create stimulating and safe resident environment, emphasis on responsibility and accountability; plan, orchestrated and hosted campus and community events; review and implementation of Housing and Residence Life Policies and Procedures; coach and mentor staff as it relates to "Customer" service best practices; develop and implement marketing strategies to promote the department and the University; coordinated inter-departmental and community resources, provide enhance services; supervised over 80 staff professionals; design, develop and coordinated campus-wide student programming related to residence life; work with various departments that interface with Housing and Residence Life to promote healthy educational and housing environment, student retention, as well as nutrition for our students. Essential Functions:
• Provide leadership and management directions to the team and oversight of all university's residence halls
• Evaluate and document student occupancy and ensure that all key offices are up to date on bed availability and the level of occupancy
• Oversee the Housing and Resident Assistant Program
• Assist in developing and implementing retention models for all Residence Halls
• Coordinate with Resident Life Coordinators in offering programmatic activities specifically directed toward the issues unique to a diverse resident population
• Work closely with the Student Affairs staff to provide programming designed to reduce incidents and crises and to facilitate cohesion and develop a sense of community
• Collaborate with Student Success Center staff in identifying high-risk students and implementing services to increase student retention
• Coordinate with key offices to insure that all residents are meeting their obligations before moving in to the residence halls
• Provide strong leadership to a diverse student population of residents in a residential setting
• Participate in open houses for admissions and present information to participants on housing and residence life with Housing and Residence Life staff
• Assist the Admission office in providing facility tours and in managing room and roommate assignments
• Collaborated with the Dean of Students office to ensure that all policies are reviewed and updated annually Bethune Cookman University ~~~~~~~~~ Daytona Beach, FL, July 2017 - Present Associate Dean Housing and Residence Life Division of Student Affairs
• Coordinate, review of annual publication, and dissemination of the Residence Life Handbook
• Be available for student check-in/check-out for all residence halls, as established by the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs
• Be available for problem solving and conflict resolution as the need arises
• Record and manage housing records in university administrative database, including generation of semi-annual reports, annual reports and occupancy reports, etc.
• Work with the data in student housing and reporting systems Star Rez to insure accuracy
• Provide support and referral to students in crisis
• Enforce university's policies, practices, and procedures
• Identify and report any physical plant issues to Facilities Management for corrective in a timely manner
• Foster and maintain good relationships with civil authorities and university staff and faculty.
- Associate Dean at Bethune Cookman University
- President and Chief Executive Officer at Akron-Urban Minority Alcoholism Drug Abuse Outreach Program, Inc
- administrative responsibilities and state at Akron-Urban Minority Alcoholism Drug Abuse Outreach Program, Inc
- Executive Director at Simsbury Housing Authority
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy in Health Administration - Health Administration
- Master of Arts in Urban Affairs - Urban Affairs
- Bachelor of Science in Human Services Administration - Human Services Administration
Chamberlain University/Adtalem 2019-present Associate Dean AG-ACNP Online
- Associate Dean AG-ACNP Online at Chamberlain University/Adtalem
- Legal Nurse Practitioner Consultant at Fabian Attorneys at Law
- Program Coordinator, Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Track at University of South Alabama
- DNP Residency I, II, III at Advanced Nursing Assessment of Neonates and Children
8 months at this Job
- - Outcomes and Clinical Effectiveness
- Masters - Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Program
- - Severely Head Injured Patients
- AAS - Nursing
- BA - Communication Arts
2018-Current Associate Dean of Students (Director of Diversity & Inclusion) Coordinator International Student Affairs Under the direction of the Vice President of Student Affairs I plan, organize, and coordinate daily operations and implement planning initiatives and events for Student Services, SSSP in support of district goals and objectives. Supervise, train, and evaluate personnel within Student Services, SSSP. I am responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and supervising the general administration, program curriculum and accreditation of identified area of assignment, to include, but not limited to, Student Services, Student Success, or Assessment, Outreach and Title V. My unit develops and implement programs and services to meet student needs. Facilitate collaboration among various campus departments that assist with the evaluation and development of program success as well as the promotion of student success. I prepare and monitor program budget; control and approve expenditures within established guidelines; maintain contractual agreements with service agencies; oversight of travel arrangements, fund raising activities, and community outreach as applicable. Directing the development of program goals and objectives related to Student Services SSSP and Title V; ensure compliance with local, state, federal and district guidelines associated with area(s) of assignment. My unit stablish and maintains effective working relationships with all constituents of the college district to optimize coordinated program efforts and to assist students. In addition I serve on, and provide leadership for, department, campus, district, community and statewide organizations and committees as assigned; act as liaison with other educational institutions and community organizations. In collaboration with faculty and other administrators, interpret, develop and administer department policies and procedures. Direct, supervise and administer activities relating to recruitment, enrollment, retention, evaluations, promotion, mentoring, selection, and training of assigned employees. Coordinate student success retention activities The Associate Dean assist in the planning and implementation of professional development activities. University of South Dakota
- Associate Dean of Students at Owensboro Community & Technical College
- Director, Center at Diversity & Community
- Director, Enrollment Management & Dean of Academic Success (Assoc. Professor) at Oglala Lakota College (OLC)
- Doctoral Intern at Salt Lake City Community College
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Doctorate of Philosophy - Philosophy
- - Workforce Development/Student Retention
- Masters of Education - Career & Higher Ed Counseling
- Bachelors of Science - Understanding Human Behavior/Case Management
- - General Studies
Associate Dean of Undergraduate Nursing programs (BSN-RN, RN-BSN). Gained election for & set up planning for implementation of ATI standardized testing throughout the curriculum, wrote a 1 hour pre-nursing course & developed Nurse club to increase retention & delegated to appropriate faculty, mentored 5 new faculty.
- Associate Dean of Undergraduate Nursing at Graceland University
- Assistant Professor of Nursing at Research College of Nursing
- Staff RN (Telehealth) at Saint Luke's Health System
- ADN Faculty at Community College
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- EdD - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
The Academic Program Director/Associate Dean shares accountability with the Administrative Director for setting and achieving the financial, operational and student success targets outlined in the program business model and charter. The Academic Program Director/Associate Dean is responsible for participating in the development of the College strategic long-term vision and works closely with both internal and external partners and constituents to further the aims and reputation of their cluster as well as the college and university as a whole. For new program development the Academic Program Director/Associate Dean defines strategic marketing, enrollment, prospect management, and student life cycle service requirements (and all related expenses) against targeted enrollment and student success outcomes. The Academic Program Director/Associate Dean manages all aspects of academics related talent management, finances, legal/ethical issues, facilities, and data governance for health professions. Key Responsibilities:
• Expand Health Professions portfolio with new program development to include BS Health Services Coordination, Medical Assistant Certificate, new masters of science and bachelors of science degrees in social work, respiratory therapy, academic leadership and administration.
• Defines and implements Health Professions specific academic strategy to achieve the long-term College vision and goals.
• Monitors, measures and continuously improves Health Professions specific strategic enrollment management against targeted growth and success goals.
• Monitors, measures and continuously improves Health Professions specific mentoring and instructional approaches and models (sufficiency, operational excellence, impact).
• Monitors, measures and continuously improves all other Health Professions specific programs and services (sufficiency, operational excellence, impact).
• Monitors, measures and continuously improves Health Professions specific field and clinical services against program requirements (sufficiency, operational excellence, impact).
• Assures the development, implementation and revision of business charters for every college program (business plan + implementation plan across all support services).
• Manages all aspects of ops-related talent management, finances, facilities and data governance.
The Academic Program Director/Associate Dean shares accountability with the Administrative Director for setting and achieving the financial, operational and student success targets outlined in the program business model and charter. The Academic Program Director/Associate Dean is responsible for participating in the development of the College strategic long-term vision and works closely with both internal and external partners and constituents to further the aims and reputation of their cluster as well as the college and university as a whole.
For new program development the Academic Program Director/Associate Dean defines strategic marketing, enrollment, prospect management, and student life cycle service requirements (and all related expenses) against targeted enrollment and student success outcomes.
The Academic Program Director/Associate Dean manages all aspects of academics related talent management, finances, legal/ethical issues, facilities, and data governance for health professions.
- Academic Program Director/Associate Dean Health Professions at Western Governors University
- President/CEO at Lead & Learn Solutions Unlimited
- Online Adjunct Faculty and On-Ground Adjunct Faculty at BELLEVUE UNIVERSITY
- Dean of Health Professions at NEBRASKA METHODIST COLLEGE
8 months at this Job
- Masters - Management
- Ph.D. - Business Administration and Organizational Leadership
Senior Associate Dean for Organizational Development I serve as advisor to the Dean of the School of Medicine on special projects and initiatives that include funds flow, efficient business organization and recruitment, and synthesis of information from multiple sources into a coherent summary for implementation. I promote efforts for culture and values change to advance organization agility, efficiency and relevancy to the University and surrounding community.
Senior Associate Dean for Organizational Development
I serve as advisor to the Dean of the School of Medicine on special projects and initiatives that include funds flow, efficient business organization and recruitment, and synthesis of information from multiple sources into a coherent summary for implementation. I promote efforts for culture and values change to advance organization agility, efficiency and relevancy to the University and surrounding community.
- Senior Associate Dean for Organizational Development at Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California
- Equity Owner at Hotel Kenney, Jones Falls in Ontario
- Past Chair of the Board at Solheim Senior Community
- Senior Living Community Administrative Fellowship - under James W. Graunke, Executive Director Preceptor at Solheim Senior Community
10 months at this Job
- - General Anesthesia Residency and Chief Resident
- Doctorate - Medicine
Institution Profile: Kentucky State University is a public four-year residential institution located in the capital of Kentucky. The
university enrollment is approximately 4,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Associate Dean of Students/Director, Campus Life, Office of Campus Life 08/2017 - 9/2018
• Serves as direct advisor to the Student Government Association and General Senate Assembly
• Responsible for development and coordination of Kentucky State University Homecoming with campus partners
• Responsible for the oversight, programming and development of Student Organizations
• Responsible for oversight, development and advisement of the Mr. & Miss Kentucky State University and the Royal Court program
• Responsible for review, approval and processing of Student Organization Annual Recognition, while maintaining a working spreadsheet of active, inactive, archived and petitioning student organizations
• Responsible for the creation of the Inaugural Campus Activities Board
• Responsible for development of Student Organization Mid-Year and Annual Reports
• Responsible for traveling with student leaders for university authorized leadership conferences, trips, pageants, etc.
• Responsible for contract/terms and agreement reviews and submissions to the Office of General Counsel for final review/approval
• Assisted with processing of financial documents for vendors supporting student and departmental programming (i.e. Payment Request)
• Responsible for oversight of two councils, 11 chapters and approximately 110 members
• Developed and implemented Chapter Development sessions with the Fraternity & Sorority community
• Developed a Fraternal Pillars of Excellence accreditation program (implementation begins July 1, 2018)
• Developed a Divine Intervention program for Membership Recruitment & Anti-Hazing Education
• Consistent communication with Alumni Chapters, Regional Leadership and Inter/National Headquarters of all chapters within the Fraternity & Sorority community
• Coordinate and continue direct communication with organization on-campus advisors' and graduate/alumni advisors'
• Oversight of planning and execution of the Annual Student Leadership Institute
• Developed department social media outlets
• Responsible for coordination of collaborative efforts with Athletics to increase student engagement during Athletic events.
• Coordinate and collaborate with other administrative and academic departments throughout the institution
- Associate Dean of Students/Director at Kentucky State University
- Associate Director, Student Life & Activities, Office of Student Life & Activities at Howard University
- Assistant Director, Student Activities (One-Year, Temporary) at Loyola University Maryland
- Resident Director, Office of Residence Life at Coppin State University
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy - Higher Education Administration
- Master of Education - Curriculum & Instruction
- Bachelor of Science - Sociology
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor (inaugural administrator and faculty member) Guided program through initial accreditation and curriculum development Advance administrative experience
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor (inaugural administrator and faculty member)
Guided program through initial accreditation and curriculum development
Advance administrative experience
- Associate Dean / Professor at University of South Florida
- Director / Assistant Dean at University of Texas Rio Grande Valley / University of Texas at Austin
- Assistant Dean for Clinical Programs / Director of Continuing Education at Roseman University of Health Sciences
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Pharmacy
- Bachelor's - Pharmacy
• Planned, directed and reviewed activities and operations of the Student Support/Services departments including the Office of Admissions, Career Services, Student Life, Financial Aid, Campus Counseling, Bar Support, and Teaching Assistants to ensure achievement of established objectives and goals consistent with the mission of the law school and the vision of the Dean, primarily concerning outcome-driven initiatives.
• Organized Incoming Student Orientation, Admitted Student Day, Admission Open Houses, Graduation, Faculty Mentor Award, Academic Award Ceremonies, "Donuts with the Dean" and related programming to improve student-administration relations.
• Informed Admissions staff of Barry Law School developments relevant to their interactions with prospective students. Worked with both Admissions and Marketing to develop strategies to increase leads based on trends and inquiries from prospective students.
• Worked with Community Colleges to promote the value of continued education including law school.
• Worked with faculty Admissions Committee and coordinate functions with Admissions staff.
• Reviewed files on ACES and track, analyze, and provide updates regarding prospective student demographic data.
• Attended undergraduate pre-law and similar recruiting events to raise Barry Law School profile among local law-focused undergraduate populations, increased leads for Admissions.
• Communicated with students regarding student handbook changes, approved excused absences, and acted as the Title IX, Student Conduct and Honor Code Officer.
• Met with at-risk students responsible for student well-being, retention services, student intervention, and diversity initiatives. Develop assessment surveys to shape services offered to students.
• Partner with full-time tenure track, visiting, and adjunct faculty to discuss and resolve student issues with faculty members and other University officials
• Responded to student inquiries and complaints; review and analyze others' responses to the same and provide recommendations to ensure consistent mission-driven communications.
• Liaised with Registrar, Barry Law School's Associate Dean for Administration, and others to help ensure smooth functioning of student services.
• Acted as the law school's ADA liaison and scheduled all exam accommodations. Identified and corrected any accommodations related issues.
- Associate Dean of Student Affairs at Barry University School of Law
- Director at Career Services and Student Life
- Assistant Dean of Academic Success, Strategic Initiatives, and Diversity and Inclusion Officer at
- Pro Bono and Service Coordinator at WMU Cooley Law School
4 months at this Job
- Master in Arts in City and Regional Planning - Place Community Communication
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor in Arts in History - History