Associate Editor/Copywriter Rochester Woman Magazine, Rochester, NY Manager Automotive Sales/Internet Sales/Business Development/Call Center Saturn of Rochester Hoselton Auto Mall The Dorschel Group Corporate Trainer/Account Coordinator Employee Services, Incorporated Wellsville, NY Director of Employee and Public Relations Northern Lights Candles, Wellsville, NY Advertising Account Coordinator Infantino Associates Rochester, NY Summary of Writing Experience Ad Copy Generate ideas for, address objectives and create original print advertising copy for promotional material, including billboards, circulars, coupons and in-store signage for local, regional and International clients, including Kodak. Collaborate with Art, Graphics and Print Production staff. Scripts Write to-be-spoken copy for timed radio commercials, television ads and video productions for Rochester, New York-based clients such as Monro Muffler Brake and Service, Wilmorite and Compeer. Magazine and Newspaper Conduct in-person interviews, research and write content for Rochester Woman Magazine as an Associate Editor. Report factual, straight news stories for newspapers. Create editor-defined, deadline driven feature pieces for publications. Catalogs and Brochures Layout and create original, lucid copy for product catalogs and informational brochures in collaboration with an art team. Produce annual product catalogs for Northern Lights Candles of Wellsville, New York and introductory material including a brochure and physician's directory for LifeTime Health of Rochester, New York. Public Relations / Press Releases / PSA's Research, verify information sources and write timely press releases for public and private corporations, events and newsworthy topics. Reach out to targeted audiences. Promote events, products and companies. Create, expand and maintain current media lists. Make direct contact with editors. Increase rates of release publication in local, regional and national newspapers as well as major consumer and trade magazines such as Women's Day and GiftWare News. Websites and Internet Write within website frameworks to assist visitors through site navigation and easy access to entertaining and informative graphics and material for Monro Muffler Brake and Service and Northern Lights Candles. Write online help addressing PC security guidelines for Xerox's online employee publication, Readme.doc. Technical Documentation Work as a member of an internal and external team - an internal documentation team consisting of graphic artists and editors – and with an external team comprised of subject matter experts, engineers and official Xerox personnel to write an end-user's guide for the Xerox DocuPrint C55 color printer
- Marketing/Writing at Associate Editor Rochester Woman Magazine
6 months at this Job
- BA - English / Program in Professional Communication and Information Design
• Associate Editor
• Advanced Knowledge in Adobe Premiere, Media Encoder, Photoshop, Bridge, and Lightroom
• Made Videos for Internal Jobs in Digitas
• Edited videos that were advertised on TV and social media for American Express, Accenture, and other clients
• Kept all projects organized with archiving process
• Assisted senior editors with stock footage and recording events live
- Associate Editor at Digitas LBI
- Cashier at Nationwide Bowler City
- Photographer and Editor at Rachel Brown Jewelry
- Cashier at A&P
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- BS - ENGINEERING
- High School Diploma
B&H Kids creates Bible-centered, engaging content for kids. LifeWay Christian Resources is one of the world's largest providers of Christian resources.
• Managed editorial content in Firebrand Title Management system for all kids' products
• Edited and Managed production of board books, picture books, devotionals, Bible storybooks, and ancillary products
• Composed all descriptive copy for titles
• Maintained correspondence with authors, illustrators, agents, and freelancers
• Worked with design and production teams to produce products
• Evaluated book proposals with a team
• Presented upcoming titles at Sales Prelaunch three times a year Key accomplishment: Served as lead editor on up to 9 titles per cycle/25 titles per year, including board books, picture books, devotionals, Bible storybooks, coloring books, and Bibles.
- Associate Editor at B&H Kids, an imprint of LifeWay Christian Resources
- Staff Editor at R.H. Boyd Publishing Corporation
- Brand Representative/Assistant Sales Leader at Justice Tween Brands
- Director of First Impressions/Receptionist at Anthem Career College
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master's - English
- Bachelor's - English Literature and Music
- High school
*Attend speaking engagements and events as the primary contact for i+s. *Visit with sponsors and manufacturers to discuss new technologies and advancements in product design. *Finding new designers to feature, primarily using networking and social media sites, such as Instagram. 2013-2015. Bauer Media. Associate Editor - Design Editor. *Researched, wrote, and edited articles for FIRST for Women and Closer Magazine in the departments of home and design.
- Associate Editor - Design Editor at Bauer Media
- Teaching Assistant at Parsons the New School of Design
- Editorial Intern at Metropolis Magazine
2 years at this Job
- Masters of Art - Design History and Theory
- Bachelors of Art - Industrial Design
Retrograde Communications is a media content provider and award-winning editorial team. Since January 2017, I have been contracted with Retrograde as a freelance associate editor, writing and editing articles for print and online, for publications like The Advocate and Chill magazines. I have had over a hundred articles published and have conducted interviews with high profile celebrities and industry experts. Contact: Diane Anderson-Minshall, Editorial Director 415.971.7834 RetrogradeCommunications.com
- Associate Editor at Retrograde Communications
- Marketing Assistant at Eastbluff Medical Center
- Assistant Manager & Salesperson at Pacific Gallery
- Receptionist & Salesperson at Tradewind Marine
2 years at this Job
- - Illustration
- - Art
Editor of monthly magazine. Duties include: Compose in-depth feature articles and monthly columns; edit feature articles, columns, department pieces; coordinate content with writers, designers and photographers; develop compelling content.
- Associate Editor at Mankato Magazine
- Features Editor at The Free Press
3 years, 7 months at this Job
• Served as lead editor for Feikert Creative’s independent film Borders, currently slated to release in mid-2019.
• Performed contract editing work for wedding clients, creating beautiful honeymoon reels out of customer vacation footage.
• Wrote and scripted commercial content for local businesses.
• Operated and assisted with video and audio recording for commercial productions.
• Served as second editor on an as-needed basis for corporate works and commercial projects.
- Associate Editor at Feikert Creative
- Media Specialist at ODEE MEDIA SERVICES
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.A. - Communications
Wrote and edited content for CMJ.com, CMJ New Music Report and New Music
Monthly, including music news, reviews, and features.
• Devised and moderated panels for CMJ Music Marathon. Freelance Editor
• Interscope Records, Rhino Records, Barnes & Noble Publishing, State of Ohio, Criterion Collection.
• Fact checked and proofread according to The Chicago Manuel of Style and AP Style Guide. Edited writing for content, clarity, and fluidity. Kreber Graphics, Inc. (Columbus, OH) - Copywriter / Editor
• Edited catalog and web content for Quixtar and Office Max. New Bomb Turks - Founding member, singer, and songwriter
• Composed and sang on over 10 albums of material on various labels, including Epitaph Records and Crypt Records.
• Managed tour logistics on over 60 national and international tours. Built and maintained relationships with more than 20 international record labels.
- Associate Editor at Backbeat Books
- Author at Backbeat Books
1 month at this Job
- B.A. - English
Editor on below titles: - Rolled & Told (Gaming Magazine) - Quincredible (Single Issue Superhero Series) - Lost Beast (Children's Book) - The Curse of Wren (Single Issue Fantasy Series) - Witchy (Original Graphic Novel) - The Castoffs Vol 4 (Trade Paperback Collection) - The Savage Beard of She-Dwarf (Original Graphic Novel) Leading Editor on a monthly gaming focused magazine Editing 5E gaming modules, editorial articles, comics Art direction on spot illustrations Art direction on comic and magazine covers Setting and monitoring schedules for 20+ creators simultaneously Acquisitions of new titles Pitch and portfolio reviewing Cultivating and preparing pitches and portfolios of all kinds for review Hiring freelance proofreaders, designers, and talent Supervising Assistants and Interns within the Editorial Department Performing Clerical tasks like filing, processing invoices, and other administrative book project paperwork
- Associate Editor at Lion Forge Comics
- at Lion Forge Comics
- Freelance Illustrator and Comic Book Creator at
- Social Media and Community Manager at Lion Forge Comics
10 months at this Job
- - Studio Art
- - Studio Art
• one of two principle editors for the print magazine & co-editor of web content and social media
• responsible for pitching talent, producing magazine features (ie. coordinating interviews, sourcing writers and images), and editing & proofing the whole book
• conducted interviews with talent (writers, actors, architects, musicians, chefs etc.), and wrote features for print and web
• wrote 25 published articles (3 of which were Flaunt cover stories)
• responsible for hiring and managing a rotation of 5-10 interns
• began working as a video intern: coordinating, filming, and editing video content for Flaunt.com, assisting on photoshoots, and producing content for web and social media
- Associate Editor at Flaunt Magazine
- Editor & Production Assistant at Five Sisters Productions
- Video Production Intern at Five Sisters Productions
- at Maggie Inc
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Fine Arts