While working as an associate editor for the Santa Clara Review, I was responsible for reading, creating comments, and editing at least 5 non-fiction pieces a week.
● Worked with a team of editors in order to edit and approve works for publication
● Worked with an editorial board of non-staff members to provide feedback on variety non-fiction, poetry, fiction, and artworks.
● Improved readability, clarity, grammar, and style for non-fiction pieces.
- Associate Editor at Santa Clara Review
- faculty, and staff at Santa Clara University Mailroom
1 year at this Job
- BS - Psychology
Copy Editor, May 2016 - May 2018 Responsible for composing, editing and factchecking features, legislative updates and public relations material concerning the Montana tavern and gaming industry. Also edits and occasionally writes articles about the Georgia coin-operated amusement machine (COAM) industry in the Georgia Amusement Journal. Writes and edits press releases concerning new products, industry events and business mergers; sells ads using email marketing campaigns before special issues. Photographs conventions, trade shows, speakers, association meetings and charity events; edits photos for print publication in Photoshop CC. Learns past, present and upcoming alcohol, gaming and COAM laws in Montana, Georgia, and surrounding states to fully understand the ever-changing industry and to better inform readers.
- Associate Editor at MONTANA TAVERN TIMES GEORGIA AMUSEMENT JOURNAL
- Freelance Editor at
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- B.A. - English Literature
Covered every aspect of American rugby from the national teams to professional ranks on down through college and grassroots. Breaking news, profiles, enterprise pieces, columns, investigative reporting on governance issues. Worked successfully both under an editorial staff and managing a staff of writers and photographers as an editor. Wrote, edited and designed event programs for international and collegiate events, as well as performed numerous event-related tasks, such as hosting public panels, roundtables and in-stadium public address announcing, color commentary and play-by-play. Produced and hosted podcasts. Created and grew the publication's social media from zero to 32,000 across Facebook and Twitter.
- HEAD WRITER, ASSOCIATE EDITOR at RUGBYTODAY.COM
- DIRECTOR OF RUGBY, ASST. SPORTS INFORMATION DIRECTOR at
- at DOOR MAN IRISH PUB HOUSE
- TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR SUPERCLUBS SOCCER TOURNAMENTS at
10 years at this Job
- B.S. - BROADCAST MEDIA
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
• Edited and drafted articles in conjunction with the Editor in Chief, Julie Zerbo
• Contributed several articles published on TheFashionLaw.com involving intellectual property claims (see 7-Eleven is Suing Original Penguin for Using Its Slushee Trademarks, Daniel Wellington Sold More than 1 Million Watches & Now is Wrestling with the Inevitable Influx of Fakes, Chanel is Suing a Brooklyn-Based Company Over Double-C Adorned Chairs).
• Assisted in the advancement of fashion-related legal education to readers which range in age and geographical location
- Associate Editor Intern at TheFashionLaw.com
- Law Clerk at Murtaugh Treglia Stern & Deily LLP
- Intern at U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Rules
- Law Clerk at Theodora Oringher PC
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate - Business
- Bachelor's - Business Marketing
• Wrote reviews, previews, features, news, and more related to video games and the video game industry for both the printed magazine and gameinformer.com.
• Traveled to video game studios around the world to write about their games and interview game creators.
• Wrote and covered news as the sole editor on the weekends for many years.
• Edited written pieces submitted by other writers.
• Appeared in various video and audio podcasts.
• Conducted video interviews with assorted video game developers.
• Created and hosted the 'Sick Stunts' video series which highlighted bizarre video
- Senior Associate Editor at Game Informer
- Author at Triumph Books
- Adjunct Instructor at Minneapolis Media Institute
- Internet Content Manager, Photographer, Videographer and Video Game Columnist at Evening Post Publishing
7 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Media Communications - Media Communications
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications - Media Studies
• Report, write, edit and promote editorial content for three publications under company umbrella (Warwick, Cranston and Johnston) with combined 10,000 print subscribers
• Write 7-10 pieces of content each week ranging from research-based, long-form news stories to shorter vignettes about local people, businesses and events
• Maintain full control over online version of newspaper, including site layout, through CMS
• Manage Warwick Beacon Facebook page with over 10,000 followers - have increased likes by nearly 20 percent since start date, experienced in boosting advertising posts
• Take/edit photographs to use in each edition, also utilize video and Facebook Live
• Oversee work of short-term interns and edit copy of colleagues each day
• Work with graphic design production staff to create special features most weeks
- ASSOCIATE EDITOR at Beacon Communications
- MUTLIMEDIA JOURNALIST at WickedLocal.com
- EDITOR-in-CHIEF at The Suffolk Voice
- WEB INTERN at The Boston Bruins
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Print Journalism
• Video Editor for Panther Vision department
• NFL Red Zone Producer
- Associate - Editor (Freelance) at Carolina Panthers
- Business Services Specialist at Charlotte Metro Credit Union
- Producer at Gamecock Productions
- Bartender/Server at Za's Brick Oven Pizza
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science with Media Arts
Responsible for editing blog articles in AP style, publishing content to the website, editing and uploading photos to match the visual style of the blog, maintaining the editorial calendar, and contributing ideas in editorial team meetings
- ASSOCIATE EDITOR at 55places.com
- ASSOCIATE EDITOR at Neighborhoods.com
- EDITORIAL INTERN at Neighborhoods.com
- TUTOR at Huntington Learning Center
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - English Studies: Writing
- - Study Abroad: Canterbury, UK
Manage the development and workflow of eleven Computer Science journals
● Facilitate extensive author contact, manuscript review, and long-term planning for journal growth
● Actively acquire content for journals with an annual increase determined by Executive Director
● Develop yearly Journal Improvement Plans to address pending issues and manage journal expectations
● Hold once-yearly editorial board meetings to discuss journal status
● Research journal field to ensure fresh and up-to-date content
● Investigate violations of publishing ethics in liaison with Research Integrity Group
● Transition select hybrid journals in portfolio to continuous academic publishing model
- Associate Editor at Springer Nature
- Senior Editor at The Trustforte Corporation
- Senior Editor at Expressedly Creative Services
- Proofreader at United Nations
4 months at this Job
- B.A. - English and Philosophy
• Copy-edited and wrote articles for TrainingIndustry.com and Training Industry Magazine
• Copy-edited assets for professional development course offerings, research reports, and corporate conferences and events
• Copy-edited and wrote e-books, infographics, website copy, email copy, and various internal and client collateral
• Created and implemented a social media strategy, calendar and campaigns from scratch
- Associate Editor at Training Industry, Inc
- Editorial Intern at Virtual
- Writing Tutor at Campbell University
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English