• Supervising Attorney - is consistently the top performing Associate General Counsel; and oversees work product of & provides guidance to four other attorneys
• Compliance Advisor - advises BSA Officers, Deposit Personnel, General Compliance Officers, Loan Originators, and other regulatory compliance professionals on a range of issues including: TILA/RESPA, Lending, FCRA, ACH, Branch Operations, Mortgage Servicing, Marketing Compliance, Electronic Banking Compliance, Elder Abuse, Bank Protection Act (Information Security), & other regulatory areas; and provides strategies for executing a sound plan for compliance
• Presenting Attorney - presents on topics in live settings for Compliance Schools; gives periodic webinars used for financial compliance training purposes & accreditations (CRCM, CFMP, CSOP, etc, ); and writes desktop manuals on presented topics
• Co-Moderator of Monthly Q&A Compliance Sessions - runs a monthly panel where compliance professionals from banks nationwide call in and ask questions on topics ranging from: BSA (OFAC, SAR, CIP, CTR, MSB, etc.); Payment Systems (NACHA, 3rd-Party Processors, etc.); Deposit Compliance; Advertising Compliance; Lending (loan servicing, TILA, RESPA, etc.); and other similar areas
• Financial Magazine/Newsletter Author - has been published nationally & in several states' banking association monthly magazines; consistently writes for two monthly publications on Federal, Compliance-centric topics including: OCC Enforcement Actions, the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act, and BSA Updates
• Summary Author - takes new legislation & rules, analyzes the text, and composes targeted summaries for use as a compliance tool for financial institutions
- Associate General Counsel at Texas Bankers Association
- Law Clerk at Frost Bank
- Law Clerk at U.S. Attorney's Office
- Law Clerk at Office of the Attorney General of Texas
2 years at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Music - Music
Associate General Counsel; Director, Global Supply Chain Legal July 2019- Responsible for supervision and management of in-house and external attorneys supporting all aspects of Intel's global supply chain.
- Associate General Counsel; Director, Global Supply Chain Legal at INTEL CORPORATION
- Associate General Counsel; Director, Global Supply Chain (Technology) Legal at INTEL CORPORATION
- Associate General Counsel; Director at INTEL CORPORATION
- Partner at CONVERGENT LAW GROUP, LLP
1 month at this Job
- JD - Law
- BA in Linguistics - Linguistics
Continue to perform all responsibilities of Assistant General Counsel role in addition to providing legal advice and support to senior business leaders regarding various commercial and regulatory matters.
- Associate General Counsel at The Vitamin Shoppe
- Assistant General Counsel at The Vitamin Shoppe
- Labor and Employment Associate at Seyfarth Shaw, LLP
- Labor and Employment Associate at Kaye Scholer, LLP
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- B.A. - Journalism
Santa Monica, CA 04-01-98 to 01-02-18
The Macerich Company (NYSE - "MAC"; S&P 500) is a fully integrated, self-administered real estate investment trust that acquires, develops, leases, manages and markets regional and community shopping centers throughout the United States, including office and hotel development. Senior Vice President, Associate General Counsel
Supervise strategy for the resolution of all claims and litigation, including experience in class actions, employment, patent, construction and all aspects of landlord-tenant litigation. Supervise attorney and paralegals responsible for day-to-day litigation and collections. Business Leadership
• Oversee negotiation, drafting and review of agreements required by business development, construction and design, telecommunications, energy management and sustainability, information technology, corporate marketing and public relations (including sweepstakes and gift with purchase), outside brokerage agreements, confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, consulting agreements, and third-party management and development agreements.
• Provide support for risk management and human resources, including investigations, assessing exposure and managing any material employment, general liability and property damage claims.
• Resolve various government claims and subpoenas, including OSHA and other administrative violations with minimal impact on operations.
• Implemented corporate-wide service of process procedures to ensure to ensure timely compliance and negotiated law firm conflict waivers and retainer agreements.
• Designed and implemented Legal Ticketing System to better manage and track legal department workflow; developed SharePoint sites to track and manage litigation, mechanic's liens, and ADA matters.
• Evaluated and resolved ADA-related operational compliance issues, claims and litigation, as well as provided guidance on accessibility compliance enhancement guidelines, including facilitation of internal compliance audits. Real Estate Operations
• Provide legal support for accounting, asset management, IT, leasing, property management, security, marketing, and real estate services, including development, tenant coordination, design and construction.
• Partner with property management to resolve non-compliant common area expressive activities; created access policies, application, rules and procedures, as well as code of conduct for all shopping centers.
• Provide legal guidance for the resolution of tenant CAM and real estate tax audits, co-tenancy claims and other tenant accounting-related issues.
• Investigate and resolve trademark infringement claims and protect the Company's intellectual property rights.
• Made recommendations that contributed to the Company's successful GRESB award and U.S. Department of Homeland Security SAFETY Act certification.
• Ensure compliance with emerging laws, such as transgender laws in California and New York and ADA CASp and earthquake retrofit laws in California.
• Guided Tenant Rent Payment Expedition Initiative and implementation of late rent charge notice automation, enhancing revenue while ensuring control of the real estate.
- Senior Vice President, Associate General Counsel at THE MACERICH COMPANY
- at SHERWOOD AND HARDGROVE
19 years, 9 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Represent the company with respect to residential and commercial property assessed clean energy (PACE) financing and unsecured consumer lending. Corporate Governance. Responsible for all corporate governance matters, including investor and Board management, equity administration, and intellectual property. Finance. Lead in-house counsel on all finance transactions, including equity fundraising, short and long-term debt financings, joint ventures, and securitizations. Product Development. Advise on new products, product enhancements, and expansion into new jurisdictions, including program design and negotiation of key program documents. Commercial Contracts. Review, revise and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts, including strategic partnerships, vendor and service agreements and nondisclosure agreements.
Represent the company with respect to residential and commercial property assessed clean energy (PACE) financing and unsecured consumer lending.
Corporate Governance. Responsible for all corporate governance matters, including investor and Board management, equity administration, and intellectual property.
Finance. Lead in-house counsel on all finance transactions, including equity fundraising, short and long-term debt financings, joint ventures, and securitizations.
Product Development. Advise on new products, product enhancements, and expansion into new jurisdictions, including program design and negotiation of key program documents.
Commercial Contracts. Review, revise and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts, including strategic partnerships, vendor and service agreements and nondisclosure agreements.
- Associate General Counsel at Renew Financial Group LLC
- Senior Associate, Energy & Infrastructure at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.A. - Political Science
• Functioning as sole counsel for data security, corporate policy review, and crisis management teams
• Representing the organization's interest in $330M of endowed assets
• Overseeing U.S. privacy law compliance and leading GDPR compliance efforts
• Counseling internal clients on a variety of intellectual property issues and drafting licensing, confidentiality, employment, creative services, and information technology agreements
• Creating processes and procedures and assisting with general misconduct and sexual misconduct investigations including issues involving minors
- ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL at Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Director of Regulatory Compliance at ELCA Mission Investment Fund Division
- Director of Trust Administration at ELCA Foundation Division
- STAFF ATTORNEY at Office of the Standing Chapter
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Public Policy and Administration
- Juris Doctor
- Master of Arts - Theology and Ethics
- Bachelor of Arts - History
Chief transactional counsel for privately held fiber-optic communications company, including drafting and negotiation of distribution contracts, advice on product development, corporate capitalization and formalities, including securitization of collateral, and supervision of litigation. Charged with building a high-performing legal team from the ground up.
- Associate General Counsel at HOTWIRE COMMUNICATIONS, Ltd
- Counsel at ROBINSON+COLE
- Lead Counsel at ASSURANT, INC
- Vice President, Legal Affairs at ACCELLER, INC
2 years at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - International Studies
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
Icahn Automotive Group LLC is the parent company of the Pep Boys, Auto Plus, AAMCO and Precision Tune brands. Responsible for mergers and acquisitions, technology law, corporate governance, general corporate, and intellectual property matters.
Icahn Automotive Group LLC is the parent company of the Pep Boys, Auto Plus, AAMCO and Precision Tune brands.
Responsible for mergers and acquisitions, technology law, corporate governance, general corporate, and intellectual property matters.
- Associate General Counsel at Icahn Automotive Group LLC
- Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary at Webtrends
- SVP, General Counsel & Secretary (Aptean) and Legal Counsel (CDC) at Aptean (formerly CDC Software) and CDC Corporation
- Associate, Corporate and Securities (Both Firms) at Reed Smith LLP and Hutchison Law Group PLLC
3 years at this Job
- J.D., magna cum laude - Law
- B.S. - Finance
• Provide legal counsel to mining companies on natural resources issues and environmental permitting and compliance requirements under federal laws including NEPA, FLPMA, SMCRA, ESA, and MLA
• Draft comments in response to proposed rules, develop litigation strategy, draft proposed regulatory and statutory text, and advocate mining industry positions before federal officials
• Brief senior management on key legal and regulatory issues and collaborate to develop strategies for response
• Manage NMA's Coal Mining Subcommittee to develop consensus and execute strategy for priority issues
- Associate General Counsel at National Mining Association
- Legislative Staff and Counsel at House Committee on Natural Resources, Water and Power Subcommittee
- General Counsel/Legislative Director at Congressman Scott Tipton (CO-03)
- General Counsel at Congressman Scott Tipton (CO-03)
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
Versatile attorney focusing on corporate transactions related to structured finance, mortgage servicing rights (MSRs), counterparty risk management and credit issues, and non-performing and re-performing loan sales. Additional experience with bankruptcy and insolvency matters, blockchain, mortgage insurance, and settlement agreements. o Helped Freddie Mac lead the market with initiatives to reduce taxpayer exposure and offer private investors new and innovative ways to invest in the residential housing market, through credit risk transfers. o Led negotiations on sophisticated agreements (loan agreements, purchase and sale agreements, offering memoranda, and other documents) related to a wide-range of MSR finance transactions. o Managed multiple projects and teams; supervised outside counsel; briefed VPs and SVPs; worked to embrace culture change and pioneer solutions for customers. o Created administrative efficiencies by standardizing contracting processes; Reduced outside legal spend by in- sourcing work and streamlining interactions with outside counsel. o Member of the D&I (Diversity and Inclusion) and Pro-Bono Committees. o Representative deals: * Closed complex MSR financing transactions with unique financing structures; * Helped implement a new Freddie Mac 'Direct Lending' program to provide liquidity in the market; * Advised company on risk management and legal issues related to counterparties (e.g.: guarantees, letters of credit, cash collateral); and * Closed unique cash collateral/affordable housing credit risk transfer transaction. Law Firm Experience; Other Experience
- Associate General Counsel at Freddie Mac
- Real Estate Associate at Arent Fox LLP
- Assistant County Attorney at Fairfax County, Virginia
- Real Estate Associate at Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- J.D. - Managing Editor of Virginia Journal of International Law
- B.A. - 3 ½ years