• Product manage molecular biology product lines, including gene editing (CRISPR/Cas9) construct designs, as well as Associate Scientist, OriGene Technologies, Inc. - Rockville, MD Nov 2016 - Present Antibody and Assay Development products
• Involve in the Research & Development of CRISPR products, lentiviral vectors, and tetracycline-driven inducible vectors
• Design and execute experiments of cloning and cell culturing to validate new products and perform trouble-shooting on current products, such as lentiviral, AAV, and CRISPR vectors and human/mouse/rat ORF clones
• Promptly fulfilled customer requests and orders by communicating with subcontractors and vendors
• Execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments
• Present experimental results at lab meetings
• Tested the potential and applicability of the biodegradation of an emerging contaminant Perfluorinated Chemicals
- Associate Scientist at OriGene Technologies, Inc
- Staff Environmental Engineer at Plexus Scientific Corp
- Graduate Research Assistant at Texas A&M University
- Engineering Intern at Geosyntec Consultants, Inc
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Engineering - Environmental Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Bioenvironmental Sciences
R&D Associate Scientist (Contractor)
• Develop and formulate single dose liquid detergent for a competitive and fast-growing industry.
• Work with teammates and supervisor to coordinate and prioritize daily activities
• Collaborate with senior staff to design experiments and provide certificates of analysis
• Perform experiments with careful attention to detail, procedures, data and results
• Interpret data, draw conclusions from experimental work, and present results in team meetings
• Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines while working independently and in a team-oriented environment
• Develop and execute test methods for sample quality control and assurance
• Design methods and develop relevant assays for enzyme activity.
• Train cross functional groups on root cause analysis and preventative procedures
• Stay informed on new ingredients, research, and formulation techniques
• Implement innovative methods for shelf-life predictive analysis
• Revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as needed to ensure reproducibility.
• Maintain thorough laboratory records, inventory of laboratory supplies and raw materials
• Evaluate raw materials for inclusion in finished products
• Calibrate and troubleshoot laboratory instruments
• Successfully created a standard protocol of Unidose powder scale up for commercialization Enzyme Stability Technician
• Apply enzyme assays, to solve and understand enzyme-substrate reactions in detergent formulations
• Design methods and develop relevant assays to predict enzyme performance over time
• Evaluate/interpret data and communicate results to functional teams
• Maintain working knowledge of instrumentation, equipment, and scientific methodologies necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Associate Scientist at Henkel
- Lab Technician at Unilever
- Volunteer Lab Assistant at Bridgeport Regional and Vocational Aquaculture Center
- Teachers Assistant at GDC Database, CoreLims
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
Kansas City, Mo, 2016-Present
Catalent Pharmaceutical Solutions is one of the top leading companies in pharmaceutical testing. Catalent works with a number of clients to help analyze potential products to be submitted to the FDA. Catalent work closely with the FDA to ensure drug safety for the consumers.
Associate Scientist Microbiology:
Runs a series of microbiological tests to analyze client products before being submitted to the FDA. Responsible for laboratory analysis of client products by running a series of tests to determine microbiological safety.
• Execute laboratory work plan / schedule developed by supervisor or senior team member. Sample types include USP, JP, and EP release testing and stability testing. Techniques include: sterility, bioburden and microbial limits testing, method writing, media qualification, and sterility testing.
• Draft technical documents such as methods, Certificate of Analysis and Analytical results forms.
• Performs parallel review of laboratory documentation.
• Trains others on laboratory techniques.
• Assists in the execution of efficiency improvement project with guidance
- Associate Scientist Microbiology at Catalent Pharmaceutical Solutions
- Biologist/ project lead at Missouri Department of Conservation
- Special Care Staff at Arc of the Ozarks
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
Ann Arbor, MI
Supplies scientists worldwide with the resources necessary for advancing human and animal health.
Associate Scientist I, 1/2017 to Present
• Assistant Scientist II, 7/2014 to 1/2017
• Intern, 5/2014 to 7/2014 Advanced to Associate Scientist I to design and produce new antibody products for Cayman Chemical's catalog business, reproduce existing antibody products, and perform quality control of antibodies in inventory.
• Purified antibodies using chromatography techniques, ammonium sulfate precipitation, caprylic acid precipitation, gel electrophoresis and FPLC.
• Validated antibodies for western blot, ELISA, immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry, mass spectrometry and other applications.
• Grew and managed mammalian cell lines with proper sterile technique.
• Performed microwave assisted peptide synthesis to synthesize peptides for use as immunogens and screening tools in antibody development.
• Utilized HPLC and mass spectrometry to purify synthesized peptides.
• Designed and produced 20 new antibody products for the catalog.
• Presented my work on the biochemical characterization of antibodies at a symposium held at the University of Michigan.
• Performed a full review of the antibody product catalog to validate existing products for immunoprecipitation and immunohistochemistry applications.
- Associate Scientist I at Cayman Chemical Company
- Laboratory Assistant at Michigan State University
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology - Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Demonstrate expertise Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics and Metabolism (PDM) as a senior in vitro senior associate scientist. Liaise with a team of five scientists to Support ADME and PK studies in drug discovery and development; serve as an enzymology point of contact for the cardiovascular medicine, metabolic disease, and the internal medicine research units. Provide broad project support, conducting in vitro drug metabolism studies, protein binding studies and enzyme kinetics, as well as coordinating PK submissions, generating detailed research reports, and collecting critical QC data. Established and implemented new experimental techniques through assay development for protein binding via temperature, saturation, and species dependent properties which roughly increased efficiency and cost effectiveness by 300% for PDM. Perform molecular biology assays, including DNA/RNA isolation, qRT-PCR, and cell viability assays. Plate and maintain cell lines including Huh7, HEK293, SkMC, and culture human and rat hepatocytes, as well as plate, optimize and maintain 3D human and rat hepatocytes Perform cell-based assays to measure intracellular concentration, protein binding assays, and clearance. Analyze and interpret chromatography through LCMS/MS; troubleshoot instruments and oversee regular maintenance. Recognized as a capable leader and communicator, appointed the role of the main point of contact between enzymology to transporters, the non-regulatory bioanalytical group, and the hit diversity optimization group for bioanalytical sample submissions and organization, fostering effective cross-collaboration through frequent communication and coordination.
- Senior Associate Scientist at Pfizer
- Associate Scientist at Pfizer
- Graduate Research Assistant at Neuroscience Lab of Dr. Won-Ki Kim, KU Medical School
- Lab Technician at Neuroscience Lab of Dr. Won-Ki Kim, KU Medical School
1 year at this Job
- Master of Science - Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor's - Neuroscience
San Antonio, Texas (March 2016-PRESENT)
[Contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO), DPT is recognized for its excellence in semi-solid and liquid dosage forms.]
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST | QC Raw Materials
Compendial testing of raw chemical components in accordance with FDA and foreign equivalents
Wide array of testing methods: color testing to chromatography (HPLC/GC-FID)
● Performed analysis using HPLC, GC, FTIR, AA and UV-VIS instruments ; wet chemistry techniques such as titration, ph/conductivity, Karl Fischer and TLC
● Familiar with USP, EP, ASTM, FCC and in-house SMA testing compendia
● Weekly water testing for (TOC), Total Organic Carbon to USP and EP compendia
● Ability to troubleshoot chromatographic testing (software and Instrument)
● Familiar with submitting purchase orders for necessary laboratory materials
- ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST at DPT A MYLAN COMPANY
- QC ANALYST at Center for disease detection
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Biology
San Diego, CA October, 2017- September, 2018
A drug discovery company focused on identifying and developing monoclonal antibodies for the treatment of inflammatory diseases.
Associate Scientist, Protein Expression Sciences
Supervisor responsible for directing the daily activities of one research associate
Developing monoclonal antibodies specific for inflammatory targets
• Small and large scale transient expression of novel antigen and antibody cell lines
• Construction of stable cell lines expressing antibodies directed against inflammatory targets
• Optimization of expression of stable cell line candidates utilizing 1L shake flask to 25L bioreactors
- Associate Scientist, Protein Expression Sciences at ANAPTYSBIO
- Senior Research Scientist, Cell Line Development and Process Sciences at PEREGRINE PHARMACEUTICALS / AVID BIOSERVICES
- Research Scientist at ADVANCED CELLULAR DYNAMICS
- Research Scientist, R & D at PEREGRINE PHARMACEUTICALS / AVID BIOSERVICES
11 months at this Job
- Masters program (no MS) - Biology
- BS - Biology
• Demonstrated senior scientist level responsibilities through data review/verification, release of batches, deviation/lab investigation (CAPA) initiation
• Implemented formal training methods when training analysts on methods and instrumentation
• Interdepartmental interactions including meetings with production, planning and technical
• Participated in problem solving, GPS, and 5S activities
- Associate Scientist at GlaxoSmithKline
- Assistant Scientist at GlaxoSmithKline
- Regulatory Labeling Assistant at GlaxoSmithKline
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry - Chemistry
• Optimized 2 Potency assays - used for 3 drug products in MAA and BLA filing as well as post marketing commitment - and facilitated methods qualification both in-house and at a CTO in the late stage analytical development
• Pointed as the subject-matter expertise (SME) in the regular QC meetings and worked directly with CROs/CTOs, including sample shipment and protocols/reports review
• Demonstrated a speedy learning curve for the business need: developed a RP-UPLC method using UV-DAD, fostered proteomics analysis for a key protein production platform by SDS-PAGE, enzyme reactions and column purification
• Drove a next generation drug product IND preparation by attending the CMC meeting and active collaboration with research teams to bridge the gap among translational research, preclinical R&D and process development (PD)
• Volunteered as team Risk Facilitator and trained on different risk assessment tools - FMEA, HACCP, PHA
• Initiated several new vendors and thus familiarized with the interaction with legal and financial departments
• Trained a co-op student, an associate scientist and two scientists for analytical assays, including critical thinking and discussion for project innovation
- Associate Scientist II at Drove a next generation drug product IND
- Associate Scientist II at
- Laboratory Technician (Research Associate) at WuXi AppTec
- Laboratory Technician (Contractor) at WuXi AppTec
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Biotechnology - Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Bachelor of Science - clinical
• Bioanalytical scientist performing sample analysis to support pharmaceutical product development
• Prepares samples for LC-MS analysis using protein precipitation
• Documents reagent preparation and sample analysis according to SOP in IDBS' Eworkbook
• Analyzes experiment results using Watson LIMS Software
- Associate Scientist at Frontage Labs
- Forensic Scientist at Quest Diagnostics
- Intern at Pennsylvania Equine Toxicology and Research Laboratory
- Peer Assistant at West Chester University of Pennsylvania
4 months at this Job
- B.S. - Forensic and Toxicological Chemistry