• Assist in academic advising related duties (advising student-athletes in academic progress, degree selection, appropriate class selection, academic policies & campus resources)
• Serve as an athletic academic services liaison to student-athletes, coaches, staff, and faculty
• Work closely with leadership development to prepare professionally prepare student-athletes for future career opportunities and internships
• Review academic progress throughout the semester in congruence with eligibility, monitor class success, and make adjustments as needed within learning/studying strategies
• Assist in preparing necessary reports and updates for coaches and staff
• Maintain records in compliance with Texas Tech University, Big 12 Conference, and NCAA standards.
• Comply with all NCAA, Big 12, Texas Tech University, federal, and state procedures, rules, regulations and policies
- Assistant Athletic Academic Advisor at Marsha Sharp Center for Student-Athletes
- Chiropractor Assistant/Office Admin at Health Source Chiropractic
- Marketing/Membership/Member Engagement at Young Men's Christian Association
- Student-Athlete Mentor at University of Tennessee - Thornton Athletic Student Life Center
1 month at this Job
- Master of Science in Kinesiology in Sport Psychology and Motor Behavior - Kinesiology
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
• Athletic Academic Advisor, Office of Academics for Student Athletes
• Academic Advisor, College of Business
• Instructor, OSU Summer Bridge Program for Student Athletes
• Instructor, Academic Learning Services Department
- Instructor, OSU Summer Bridge Program for Student Athletes at Oregon State University
- Classroom Teacher at Lebanon Community Schools
- Supervisor of Student Teachers at University of Oregon, College of Education
- Classroom Teacher, Elementary Grades at Marietta City School District
12 years at this Job
- Master's - Journalism
Assist clients/coaches with athletic operations, plan and organize recruiting visits, host
student-athletes and facilitate the athletic academic presentation and NCAA rules and regulations
• Foster brand visibility for clients while launching public and media relations campaigns to drive strategic growth
• Effectively plans, organizes and coordinates special events to include: athletic camps, graduation parties, celebrity basketball games, family celebrations, concerts, and community events, Senior Class Trips and Senior Class Proms
• Serves as the Deion Sanders, Director of the Prime 21 Camp sponsored by Under Armour
• Navigate and book clients for media interviews on Press Row during the Super Bowl
• Assist Deion Sanders with day to day operations for his business endeavors
• Event Planner for Deion Sanders "Single But Not Alone", "Prime Time Dads", "Prime Time Moms", Lil Boosie's Ballin' Against Diabetes, Comeback Dallas Premiere, API Midnight Madness & Senior Night
• Plan, organize and direct annual sporting and fundraising events for Mo Williams, Cleveland Cavaliers, Deuce McAllister, New Orleans Saints & Deion Sanders, NFL Hall of Famer
• Seamlessly orchestrate the planning and organizing phase of sporting events with budgets upwards of $100,000.00
• Manage all aspects of clients daily lives and business ventures providing them with 24 hour access to their personal assistant ranging from maintaining their calendars to adhering fiscal responsibility
• Organized, planned, and oversaw day of events for the release of Comeback Dallas and the Speaker of the House Paul Ryan's visit for the Urban Specialist and Martin Luther King program
• Identify and maximize methods to effectively allocate funds to stay within the budget
• Garner significant donations from local businesses for various sport camps and community outreach projects
• Develop highly competitive radio and print ad campaigns to aggressively promote events
• Increase awareness, interest and visibility through radio, TV, and newspaper interviews
• Write, edit and maintain all content for clients websites
• Author program content, corporate media plans and sport event manuals FOCUS Learning Academy/AAA Prime U, Dallas, Texas Executive Assistant/Athletic Academic Advisor/College & Career Readiness Specialist,
- Public Relations Consultant, Lifestyle & Brand M anagement, Special Events Coordinator at The 4th Quarter Agency
- Director of Football & Baseball Operations at AAA Prime U
- Assistant Athletic Director for Game Day Operations, NCAA Consultant at Prime Prep Academy
- Executive Director, General Manager & Special Events Coordinator at The Mo Williams Academy
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- M. PA - Public Administration/Human Resource Management
- M.Ed - Secondary Education/Sports Administration
- B.S. - Political Science/Pre-Law
• Provide academic success services for all 19 Division I teams
• Oversee the continuing eligibility and academic performance of all 400 student-athletes
• Serve as an academic advisor for the Men's Basketball, Men's & Women's Lacrosse, Men's & Women's Swimming, Women's Cross Country, Women's Track and Field, Volleyball teams
• Monitor student-athletes' progress toward degree requirements for NCAA eligibility
• Serve as a liaison between the Athletic Department and the College's various academic departments
• Meet with "at-risk" students-athletes on weekly basis to create calendars, set academic goals and review assignments
• Provide student-athletes, coaches and athletic administration with detailed academic progress reports
• Oversee department wide study hall program
• Coordinate student-athletes tutoring sessions
• Meet with prospective student-athletes on recruiting visits
• Create and implement a new student-athlete Peer Mentor Program
• Create and implement a 4-year Career Development Plan for student-athletes
• Supervise the Athletic Academic Advisor, Graduate Assistant & Student Worker
- Associate Director of Student-Athlete Academic Success Services at Manhattan College
- Senior Athletic Academic Advisor at Division I
- Athletic Academic Advisor at
- Student-Athlete Development Intern at Stony Brook University Athletic Department
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Organizational Leadership - Organizational Leadership
- Masters of Science in Education Degree in Counseling - Student Development
- Bachelors of Arts degree - Communication
• Provide academic, social, and career advising to over 250 students in a warm educational environment.
• Meet with students to review their academic and career objectives to assist in decision making as well as making a completion plan for their academic career.
• Liaison to Recreation and Sport Pedagogy Department.
• Establish and maintain relationships with assigned Department chair and program directors to understand. Department expectations as well as collaborate on curriculum and improve student interest.
• Develop and Implement new Health Licensure for Physical Education Teacher Education.
• Assist in Curriculum changes, and policy development.
• Teach UC 1900 for new incoming students.
• Develop a Social Media Collaboration for the College of Education and a structure for each semester publications.
- Academic Advisor at Ohio University
- Athletic Academic Advisor/ Life Skills Coordinator at Savannah State University
- Restaurant Administrator at Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Bartender/ Wait Staff at TGI Friday's
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Educational Administration
- Bachelor of Science - French
● Oversee academic support for 198 students on Track & Field, Cross Country, Rowing, Water Polo and Tennis.
● Collaborate daily with academic advisors, campus partners, professors, coaches and other athletic professionals
● Administer athletic study hall, tutoring, and mentoring programs.
● Create and distribute curriculum for the Freshman Mentoring Program.
● Mentor 51 freshman/incoming student-athletes with weekly advising meetings.
● Help student athletes with their initial adjustment to university academic life and interpreted institutions policies and requirements.
● Hosted and arranged a Faculty Appreciation Reception for the Villanova Football program.
● Answer student inquiries and resolved problems related to curriculum and course prerequisites.
● Monitor team travel for athletes missing class due to competition.
● N4A Region 1 conference attendee.
● Accepted to 2019 NCAA Emerging Leaders Seminar.
● Presented as an athletics professional on a speaker panel about "injury rehabilitation" and "life after athletics".
● Completed Sexual Harassment, Clifton Strengths, and LGBTQ Training's.
● Advanced knowledge of Banner, Grades First, Jump Forward, and all Microsoft Office programs.
- Academic Support Assistant (Athletics) at Villanova University Athletics
- Athletic Academic Advisor, Graduate Assistant at Ithaca College Athletics
- Offensive Analyst, Graduate Assistant at Ithaca College Athletics
- Customer Service Associate at Lowe's Home Improvement
8 months at this Job
- Master's - Sport Psychology
- Bachelor's - Sport Psychology
Effectively ensures financial operation sustainability and management of a budget of over $12M annually, while overseeing all internal and external business functions * Assist the Director of Athletics with the day to day operations of the Department of Athletics which includes 16 sports, 360 athletes, 24 full time coaches, and 17 administrators * Represents the department in the absence of the Director of Athletics * Partners with the Director of Athletics to establish and direct the execution of both short and long term strategic and operational goals * Represents the department on various University, SWAC (Southwestern Athletic Conference) and community committees * Oversees personnel who are responsible for the athletic ticket office operations and game day operations for all constituents of the university, including faculty, staff, alumni, students, coaches and community supporters * Oversees the on-boarding of new staff and administrator to duties, standards of all areas of the department * Responsible for the oversight, policy management, budget and personnel management of the internal operations of 16 sport programs * Provides leadership and oversight to the budgetary, fiscal and business operations of the department of athletics * Serves as a department liaison to multiple campus partners(Human Resources, Budget, Finance, Development and Campus Police, Student Affairs, Judiciary Affairs, Internal and External Auditors) * Assisted in the hiring of head coaches, who became SWAC or area Coaches of the Year * Responsible for planning, monitoring and managing the department's daily and long term financial activities * Assists in the overall development of the athletic annual operating budget and foundation accounts * Responsible for the yearly completion and submission of the NCAA Financial Report and Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) * Oversaw the $2.8 million dollar renovation of the Eddie G. Robinson Stadium including the installation of state-of-the-art field turf and digital videoboard * Oversaw the $650k renovation of the women's soccer field * Assisted in the development of athletic game day RV park * Responsible for the creation of the Kids Zone * Established athletic summer sports camps using the My Online Camp tool * Established online game day ticket purchasing and assisted in the development of the mobile production & online streaming of athletic games and other events * Responsible for the reduction of $700K of departmental deficit * Instrumental in securing over $400K in athletic sponsorship dollars for the 2017 academic year * Solidified athletic apparel contract with Adidas * A member the University's Senior Leadership team
- Deputy Director of Athletics and Business Manager at Grambling State University
- Senior Associate Director of Athletics at Chicago State University
- Director of Athletics at Chatham University
- Associate Director of Athletics at Spelman College
2 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Criminal Justice
- Master of Science - Science of Sports Coaching
- Bachelor of Arts - Sports Business
· Academic Advisor for Project Achievement initiative to increase graduation rates for African-American male students · Increased African American male graduation rate from 6.9% to 12.6% during the first year of programs inception; increased graduation rate to 20% during second year · Advise students and parents regarding scholarships and the financial aid process · Complete program evaluations ensuring appropriate classes are taken for timely degree completion · Analyze and interpret data using Ellucian software to monitor registration and financial aid activity · Attends conferences and meetings to present on behalf of the department · Presents student workshops that address topics like social awareness and personal development
- Project Achievement Academic Advisor at Union County College
- Athletic Academic Advisor at Union County College
- Acting Admissions Recruiter/Counselor at Kean University Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- Academic Specialist at Kean University Office of Undergraduate Admissions
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- MPA in Public Administration
- BA - Public Administration
9. Owner Resume
• Life, Private Practice, Sport Performance Coaching
• Academic Advising & Career Mentoring
• Team Facilitation & Motivational Speaking
• NCAA Recruitment Assistance Certified
- Owner at PEAK - Coaching for Success
- Sports Journalist at Jersey Sports Zone
- Bookkeeper at Michele Olsen C.P.A
- Clinical Research Coordinator, Psychometrician at AMRINJ
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Education in Psychology - Psychology
• Collaborate with network coaches to build local and travel basketball teams.
• Manage high level basketball scholars by developing technical skills.
• Engage in trainings with school leaders from targeted in-the-moment instruction.
• Invest parents and families in the transformative role athletics can play in children's lives.
• Test the skill levels of scholars to evaluate and support max success in academic learning.
• Communicate with parents about student progress, daily participation and academic performance as needed.
- Basketball Coach/Administration at PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Program Director at THE CHILD CENTER OF NY, INC
- problem-solver at PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT & EXECUTION
- Program Director YMCA at YMCA OF GREATER NEW YORK
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- MA - Marketing
- BA - Organizational Communication