· Assists the Football Athletic Academic Advisor in various tasks to track and improve academic success · Oversees freshman football players during study hall to assure proper study habits are being executed while assisting in and evaluating student work · Assists advising staff with daily, weekly, and monthly academic organization and planning · Provides information and feedback to tutors concerning academic performance · Alerts academic staff about the need for additional tutoring · Helps monitor grades with written feedback of academic progression · Calculates and documents all scores to the grade report for each assigned student-athlete
- Athletic Academic Assistant at Kennesaw State University
- Admissions Representative at South College
- Academic Advisor at Career Village
- Student at
5 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Education - Physical Education on Students' Academic
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology - Fitness Leadership cognate
• Serve as an academic advisor for the School of Business, Speech Language Pathology, Undecided Students, and Probationary Students.
• Register incoming students (first year & transfer) to aid them in the registration process.
• Provide support to students to understand University and degree requirements and to develop a responsible approach to academic planning.
• Maintain accurate academic records, develop statistical analysis of academic success or challenges and provide data to update the academic progress of students on-going basis.
• Communicate with prospective students, parents and community through appointment, telephone, email to promote the Academic Commons.
- Professional Academic Advisor at Academic Commons, State University of New York (SUNY) Buffalo State College
- Counsel at University College, SUNY Buffalo State
- Program Coordinator - African American Cultural & Resource Center (AACRC) at Student Affairs, University of Cincinnati
- Athletic Academic Advisor at Academic Services, Delaware State University
1 year at this Job
- Master of Data Science and Analytics - Data Science and Analytics
- Master of Science in Sport Administration - Sport Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Sport Management - Sport Management
• Assist athletics academic advisors and student-athletes with academic advising issues.
• Providing pre-registration and general academic counseling to students.
• Assessing students' records and working with 'at-risk students athletes'.
• Assisting students understand academic learning process and setting academic goals for them.
• Evaluating interests and skills of students and searching them the right career.
• Conducting workshops for students on various topics and solving their problems.
• Support special programs and services offered for student-athletes as requested by the Associate Athletic Director.
• Assist the Associate Athletic Director of Intercollegiate Athletics in the planning, organization and implementation of the total varsity athletic program for men and women.
• Assist in the planning of athletic travel, housing, meals, medical examinations and procurement of equipment.
• Meet weekly with students to develop effective academic plans.
• Review graded course work and develop strategies for improvement, as needed.
• Develop strong working relationships with student-athletes that emphasize the value of education; and the development of self-reliance, self-confidence, empowerment, and intrinsic motivation.
• Communicate accurately and thoroughly with athletic academic advisors, coaches, and University support staff.
- Athletic Academic Advisor at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- Regional Operations Manager/Corporate Training Manager at LA Fitness Corporation
- Business Owner/Athletic Trainer at Five Star Athletic Academy
- Director of Admissions & Campus Sports Coordinator at Everest University
1 year at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration degree - Sports Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration Degree - Marketing/Leadership
* Assist students with the education plans left by the instructors * Explain and relay messages between student athletes and instructors, trainers/coaches * Meet with parents and instructors as well as athletic coaches to discuss improvements
- Academic Advisor at Valliant Prep Charter School
- Substitute Teacher at Notre Dame High School
- Linebacker at Hamilton Tigercats
- Direct Support Professional- Program Manager at Supplying Unlimited Possibilities
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology, Communications
● Oversee academic support for 198 students on Track & Field, Cross Country, Rowing, Water Polo and Tennis.
● Collaborate daily with academic advisors, campus partners, professors, coaches and other athletic professionals
● Administer athletic study hall, tutoring, and mentoring programs.
● Create and distribute curriculum for the Freshman Mentoring Program.
● Mentor 51 freshman/incoming student-athletes with weekly advising meetings.
● Help student athletes with their initial adjustment to university academic life and interpreted institutions policies and requirements.
● Hosted and arranged a Faculty Appreciation Reception for the Villanova Football program.
● Answer student inquiries and resolved problems related to curriculum and course prerequisites.
● Monitor team travel for athletes missing class due to competition.
● N4A Region 1 conference attendee.
● Accepted to 2019 NCAA Emerging Leaders Seminar.
● Presented as an athletics professional on a speaker panel about "injury rehabilitation" and "life after athletics".
● Completed Sexual Harassment, Clifton Strengths, and LGBTQ Training's.
● Advanced knowledge of Banner, Grades First, Jump Forward, and all Microsoft Office programs.
- Academic Support Assistant (Athletics) at Villanova University Athletics
- Athletic Academic Advisor, Graduate Assistant at Ithaca College Athletics
- Offensive Analyst, Graduate Assistant at Ithaca College Athletics
- Customer Service Associate at Lowe's Home Improvement
6 months at this Job
- Master's - Sport Psychology
- Bachelor's - Sport Psychology
Effectively ensures financial operation sustainability and management of a budget of over $12M annually, while overseeing all internal and external business functions * Assist the Director of Athletics with the day to day operations of the Department of Athletics which includes 16 sports, 360 athletes, 24 full time coaches, and 17 administrators * Represents the department in the absence of the Director of Athletics * Partners with the Director of Athletics to establish and direct the execution of both short and long term strategic and operational goals * Represents the department on various University, SWAC (Southwestern Athletic Conference) and community committees * Oversees personnel who are responsible for the athletic ticket office operations and game day operations for all constituents of the university, including faculty, staff, alumni, students, coaches and community supporters * Oversees the on-boarding of new staff and administrator to duties, standards of all areas of the department * Responsible for the oversight, policy management, budget and personnel management of the internal operations of 16 sport programs * Provides leadership and oversight to the budgetary, fiscal and business operations of the department of athletics * Serves as a department liaison to multiple campus partners(Human Resources, Budget, Finance, Development and Campus Police, Student Affairs, Judiciary Affairs, Internal and External Auditors) * Assisted in the hiring of head coaches, who became SWAC or area Coaches of the Year * Responsible for planning, monitoring and managing the department's daily and long term financial activities * Assists in the overall development of the athletic annual operating budget and foundation accounts * Responsible for the yearly completion and submission of the NCAA Financial Report and Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) * Oversaw the $2.8 million dollar renovation of the Eddie G. Robinson Stadium including the installation of state-of-the-art field turf and digital videoboard * Oversaw the $650k renovation of the women's soccer field * Assisted in the development of athletic game day RV park * Responsible for the creation of the Kids Zone * Established athletic summer sports camps using the My Online Camp tool * Established online game day ticket purchasing and assisted in the development of the mobile production & online streaming of athletic games and other events * Responsible for the reduction of $700K of departmental deficit * Instrumental in securing over $400K in athletic sponsorship dollars for the 2017 academic year * Solidified athletic apparel contract with Adidas * A member the University's Senior Leadership team
- Deputy Director of Athletics and Business Manager at Grambling State University
- Senior Associate Director of Athletics at Chicago State University
- Director of Athletics at Chatham University
- Associate Director of Athletics at Spelman College
2 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Criminal Justice
- Master of Science - Science of Sports Coaching
- Bachelor of Arts - Sports Business
7. Owner Resume
• Life, Private Practice, Sport Performance Coaching
• Academic Advising & Career Mentoring
• Team Facilitation & Motivational Speaking
• NCAA Recruitment Assistance Certified
- Owner at PEAK - Coaching for Success
- Sports Journalist at Jersey Sports Zone
- Bookkeeper at Michele Olsen C.P.A
- Clinical Research Coordinator, Psychometrician at AMRINJ
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Education in Psychology - Psychology
Teach two sections of eleventh and twelfth grades TOK as part of the International
Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme
• Teach three sections of tenth grade Modern World History
• Oversee two students' Extended Essays in history as part of their IB Diploma
• Evaluate students' progress using a standards-based assessment system
• Serve as advisor for 13 eleventh grade students including overseeing their Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS), a core component of the IB
- Teacher at TOK
- History Teacher at Humanities
- Athletic Academic Advisor at AAA
- Upper School Substitute Teacher at The Rabat American School
5 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Middle East and North African History
- M.A. - History/Middle Eastern Studies
- B.A. - History
• Prepare a yearly budget for the basketball program.
• Purchase equipment and uniforms, and maintaining records of all purchases.
• Insure that all basketball players meet NJCAA eligibility requirements and prepare eligibility forms to be sent to the NJCAA, and conference member schools.
• Develop a fall and spring schedule.
• Make all travel arrangements for the team and recruiting.
• Develop fundraisers to improve the basketball program.
• Conduct basketball camps to provide a community service to the youth in our area and any other interested youths.
• Provide basketball information and statistics to area and state media.
• Develop a recruitment plan and actively recruit student/athletes.
• Keep up to date statistics during the season and provide them to the state statistician.
• Develop and actively participate in a plan to enhance public relations for the basketball program.
• Provide academic advising to each player in the development of class schedule.
• Track the progress of each player in all classes.
• Attend the instructional clinics yearly to remain up to date in coaching.
• Establish and maintain an ethical and moral code of behavior and living that is expected of the players that are residing on campus.
• Develop practice schedules and teach the fundamental skills and drills of the game of basketball.
• Develop a weight training and fitness program.
• Teach the appropriate classes as assigned by the Dean of Instruction.
• Travel and work a flexible schedule in order to meet the needs of various use groups and programs of the College.
• Support the philosophy and mission of the College.
• Actively participate in related consortiums, partnerships, organizations, etc.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Head Men's Basketball Coach at JARVIS CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
- Athletic Academic Advisor at Jarvis Christian College
- Aquatics Coordinator at Fairfield Family YMCA
- Resident Assistant at University of the Southwest
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Sport's Science
- Bachelor of Arts - Arts & Sciences Social Science
- Associates of Arts - Social & Behavioral Science
- - General Education
• Create unit specific performance psychology training to effectively help perform their mission.
• Support unit training exercises and field operations.
• Conduct end of training assessment.
• Teach mental skills techniques to maximize performances in Rifle Marksmanship Qualifications and Army Physical Fitness Test.
• Lead group and mastery academic performance training sessions.
• Assist in program evaluation.
• Support research projects.
• Provide overview briefings to high-ranking leaders.
• Facilitate quarterly Master Resilience Training Courses.
- Master Resilience Trainer-Performance Expert at Rifle Marksmanship Qualifications and Army Physical Fitness Test
- Director of Track and Field Operations at University of South Carolina
- Associate Director of Track and Field/ Associate Head Cross Country Coach at University at Albany
- Adjunct Instructor at Lehigh Carbon Community College
2 years at this Job
- PHD - Developmental Foundations
- MS - Athletic Counseling
- BA - Sociology and Anthropology