Attorney in general practice law firm
- Attorney at Sherry Porter, Attorney at Law
- Deputy Prosecuting Attorney at Jackson County Prosecutor's Office
- Staff Attorney at Indiana Department of Child Services
- Legal Intern at Ohio Justice and Policy Center
1 month at this Job
Paralegal Thorndal Armstrong Delk Balkenbush & Eisenger Las Vegas, NV (current) Personal injury site inspections, incident investigations, prepare pleadings, written discovery and discovery responses, and prepare for deposition, arbitration, mediation and trial. Paralegal Phillips Spallas & Angstadt - Las Vegas, NV Personal injury site inspections, incident investigations, prepare pleadings, written discovery and discovery responses, and prepare for deposition, arbitration, mediation and trial. Changed firms to obtain more substantive work. Paralegal Law Office of Arthur Tuverson - Las Vegas, NV Medical malpractice - organization and analysis of medical records, pleadings, discovery responses and prepare for deposition, arbitration, mediation and trial. Counsel-table paralegal during one-week jury trial in Carson City. Changed firms when office announced closing. Paralegal Brooks Hubley - Las Vegas, NV Homeowner Association Super-Priority Lien and related financial litigation - analysis of documentation, investigation of facts and drafting of pleadings, discovery and other documentation for litigation and appeals. Changed firms at invitation of specific attorney to focus on medical malpractice cases. Document Review Attorney-Supervisor Essential Discovery - Las Vegas, NV Review, evaluate and code documents produced in discovery for relevance to designated issues, responsiveness to discovery requests, attorney-client privilege, trade secrets and overall application to issues in litigation. Became supervisor of 22 other attorneys within two weeks of start of position. Provided direction regarding proper review and evaluation of documents. Changed to new job when company announced no pending projects available. 1 Paralegal Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith - Las Vegas, NV Medical malpractice cases, analyzed, indexed and organized thousands of case-related records, pleadings and other documents, created charts and matrices of documents, communicated (letters, emails, telephone) with experts, attorneys and others. Changed firms to take supervisory position. Contracts Manager Convention Expo Travel, Inc. - Las Vegas, NV Investigated and resolved all claims relative to contracts, handled all licensing issues, drafted new customer contracts, resolved all elevated customer-service issues. Supervised and trained employees regarding customer-service and chargeback issues. Raised Better Business Bureau rating two grades in less than 90 days. Brought company into full compliance on all regulatory and licensing matters. Started program of contact with all "chargeback" customers, retaining 75%+ as customers. Changed firms when company announced it was closing. Attorney Wasson & Associates, Inc. - Las Vegas, NV Defense litigation in Nevada and California. Resolved claims through negotiations, mediation, arbitration and trial. Investigated facts, met with clients, evaluated cases for resolution. Changed firms when attorney with California office advised he was closing Las Vegas office. Attorney BUCKLEY KING, LPA - Las Vegas, NV Handled business litigation in California state and federal courts, and supported various types of business and medical malpractice litigation in Nevada, including Clark County endoscopy cases. Changed firms when partner advised firm was closing Las Vegas office. Attorney THE DAVIS LAW FIRM - Sacramento, CA Prepared complex business contract case for AAA arbitration; prepared discovery, discovery responses and related motions, took depositions, negotiated settlement of business claims, prepared and filed plaintiff cases for ERISA, invasion of privacy, personal injury, medical malpractice and contract claims. Changed firms to move to Nevada for family reasons. Attorney LAW OFFICES OF PATRICK D. RIDDLE - Stockton, CA Of Counsel to boutique environmental and agri- business firm, concentrating in issues involving business and contract disputes, insurance coverage, regulatory compliance, real estate disputes, and various employer/employee issues. Handled regulatory compliance related to environmental issues, and problem-solving for clients to avoid litigation. Supervised and trained law clerks and paralegals. Changed firms when large case settled on eve of trial and no additional work was available (after clearing our schedule four months out for the trial). 2 Adjunct Professor of Law, Legal Process MCGEORGE LAW SCHOOL - Sacramento, CA Taught legal writing and research to first-year law students, including computerized legal research, legal analysis, preparation of memoranda, and persuasive writing. Completed my one-year teaching commitment. Partner/Attorney SCHONEMAN, CAMPBELL & SHELDON - Sacramento, CA Litigation attorney in three-lawyer firm, handling business, tax, probate and personal injury cases, including trial, arbitration, mediation, negotiations and settlement, law and motion, written discovery, depositions, investigation and substantial direct involvement with clients, witnesses, counsel. Supervised paralegals and support staff. Firm dissolved in September, 1998. Litigation Claims Adjuster MARYLAND CASUALTY INSURANCE COMPANY - Rancho Cordova, CA Investigated and resolved complex claims in litigation, including commercial property and liability, homeowner property and liability, other commercial and personal lines claims. Changed positions after completing one-year commitment to open law partnership. Associate Attorney BOLLING WALTER & GAWTHROP - Sacramento, CA Litigated complex insurance coverage issues and business claims and insurance bad faith claims; investigated and handled arson and other fraud claims. Changed firms to take in-house litigation resolution specialist with insurer. Associate Attorney CLAUSEN MILLER GORMAN CAFFREY & WITOUS - Chicago, IL Appeals, insurance coverage, class-action and subrogation matters, including business interruption, lost profits, property damage in roof collapse cases, oil refinery cases, mass-tort and class-action litigation, and other business disputes in various states in the U.S. and claims arising from events in numerous countries in Europe and Asia. High-profile injury litigation in In Re Agent Orange and In Re Salmonella class actions. Supervised and trained numerous paralegals and new attorneys. Changed firms to move to California. Assistant Director of Legal Writing and Research/Instructor of Law IIT/CHICAGO-KENT COLLEGE OF LAW - Chicago, IL Taught legal writing and research to first, second and third year law students, including computerized legal research, legal analysis, memorandum and brief writing, advanced legal research in specialized practice areas. Also developed curriculum for only three-year legal writing program in any U.S. law school, and supervised 59 part-time legal writing instructors. Completed two-year teaching commitment. 3
- Attorney at Paul D. Sheldon, Attorney at Law
30 years at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- B.A. in Political Science - LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW
Attorney Duties, Accomplishments and related skills: - Counsel, advise, represent, educate and advocate for clients on legal matters; - Litigate before all levels of courts and administrative agencies, both state and federal; - Represent clients in grievance proceedings; - Draft interrogatories, requests for production of document, requests for admissions and other discovery requests; - Secure and conduct depositions; - Investigate and analyze factual allegations and applicable law and present the results in the most positive, coherent and successful argument; - Negotiate settlements of disputes; - Mediate disputes, both as participant and mediator; - Negotiate contractual terms; - Held fiduciary positions requiring financial accounting; - Draft legal documents; - Extensive research of statutes, legislative history, public policy implications, case precedent, regulations and procedure, both for myself and other attorneys; - Written motions for summary judgment, procedural motions, proposed findings of fact and conclusions of law, trial and appellate briefs, and status reports, both for myself and other attorneys; - Analytical and detail oriented; - Computer literate; - Experienced in the following areas of law: Employment/labor (public & private); Civil Rights, including Titles VII, VIII, IX, ADEA, ADA, Rehabilitation Act; Personal injury; Contracts; Bankruptcy; Probate, Real estate, Collections, Civil Procedure, Unemployment, Domestic Relations, Criminal & Landlord/Tenant.
- Attorney at Gary E. Horn, Attorney at Law
- Instructor at Gary E. Horn, Attorney at Law
- Attorney of Counsel at Newcomer & McCarter
20 years, 6 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate - Law
- Bachelor's degree - government & economics
I am the owner and operator of a private law firm. I have a general practice but have a large number of family law cases and criminal defense and litigation. Also, I am a contract attorney with the Commonwealth of Kentucky to defend parents accused of child abuse or neglect. I have maintained a successful private practice for seven years.
- Attorney at Felicia J. Nu'Man, Attorney at Law, PLLC
- Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney at General Trial Division B
- Associate at Atherton & Associates
- Intern at DeKalb County Public Defender's Office
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- - What's the Problem
- Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor of Arts - Liberal Studies
• Successfully represent clients in court.
• Successfully negotiate settlements with opposing parties.
• Successfully defend clients in mediation and litigation.
• Successfully present and argue pre-trial motions.
• Research various areas of law, including, property, contracts, foreclosure, probate, and personal injury.
• Draft various legal documents, including the following: o Summons and complaint o Appellate briefs o Pre-trial motions and pleadings o Subpoenas o Research-based legal memoranda o Demand letters o Retainer agreements o Deeds o Probate filings o Resolutions o Notices of Appeal o Trial preparation documents ~~~~~~ In Maryland
• Successfully represented clients during bank and bankruptcy negotiations, foreclosure mediations, civil lawsuit settlements, and bankruptcy meetings with creditors and trustees.
• Researched various areas of law, including consumer, foreclosures, contracts, bankruptcy, and real estate law.
• Analyzed various legal issues including, consumer finances, loan financing, modifications, breach of contracts, bankruptcy, mortgages, and foreclosure alternatives.
• Provided legal opinions for clients and fellow attorneys in civil litigation or contemplated civil litigation.
• Drafted various legal documents, including pleadings, requests to produce various discovery documents, responses to discovery requests, and motions preceding trials.
- Attorney at Jennifer Cornwell, Attorney at Law
- Adjunct Professor at Ohio Christian University
- Legal Clerk Externship at United States District Court
5 years, 1 month at this Job
• Sole proprietor of a single attorney general practice law firm with a focus on court-appointed cases originating in the Richmond Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court.
• Responsible for all of the day-to-day operations of the firm, including, but not limited to, filing, scheduling, correspondence, book keeping, representation and counseling of clients, and court appearances.
• Serve as counsel for criminal defendants and for parents and guardians in civil abuse and neglect cases brought by the local Department of Social Services. As such, responsible for researching and explaining all appropriate laws and defenses, filing and arguing necessary motions (including discovery and bond motions), negotiating with opposing attorneys, trying cases, and counseling and advising clients throughout the process to ensure their understanding of the process and to achieve the best result possible.
• Serve as a Guardian ad litem for children responsible for performing independent investigations and advocating for the best interests of the children. Investigations typically include home and/or school visits with the children and all parents/guardians, review of school records and communication with teachers and guidance counselors, review of medical records, communication with all attorneys, discussion and collaboration with children's social workers and their attorneys, discussion with the children and explanation of the legal process, and preparation of a comprehensive report and recommendations for the court as to what is in the best interests of the children.
• Other representation includes, but is not limited to, drafting and review of commercial and residential leases, drafting and review power of attorney documents, drafting and review of wills, and representation of clients in general district court for traffic infractions.
- Attorney at Joshua L. Nachman, Attorney at Law
- Apprentice at James M. Nachman, Attorney at Law
- Special Counsel at BrownGreer PLC
4 years at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Intellectual Property
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Finance
As an ADA I attend trials, hearings and motions on behalf of the District Attorney's Office and the State of Louisiana. I also, maintain and manage an active caseload of over 800 cases while ensuring adequate customer service with the public. I write motions, appellate briefs and other memorandum in support of motion practice. I also, advise caseworkers as it to pertains to Child Support Enforcement laws, procedures, and policy.
- Attorney at JEFFERSON PARISH DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
- Associate Attorney at James E. Uschold
- Attorney at The Toney Law Office, L.L.C
- Law Clerk at Guillory, Scott and Associates, LLC
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- - Institute of Politics
- B.A. - Political Science
• Draft legal documents such as pleadings, wills, summons and complaints, and settlement agreements.
• Draft and review various contracts for lease of space on municipal property, removal of lead water pipes, expansion of city water main, municipal easements, and purchase of land agreements.
• Draft letters of demand for payment and adherence to municipal ordinances.
• Prosecute ordinance violations in both municipal and circuit court.
• Provide legal opinion to various municipalities on topics such as union contracts, labor relations, sex offender ordinances, sign ordinances, open meetings law, zoning, special assessments, and FOIA requests.
• Draft and review municipal ordinances in order to reflect changes in State or Federal Laws.
- Associate Attorney at Vande Castle S.C
- Legal Intern at Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Student Clinician at Michigan State University College of Law Housing Law Clinic
- Policy Legal Intern at Michigan House of Representatives Policy Office
7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Legal Studies
Document review attorney
- Attorney at Deloitte Inc.
- Substitute Teacher at Kaiserslautern Middle School
- Volunteer Attorney at US Air Force
- Attorney at Essential Discovery
3 months at this Job
- JD - Law
Real estate attorney. Manage the closing of many refinances, purchases and sales per month.
- Managing Attorney at Douglas Seltzer, Attorney at Law
- Contract Attorney at Stanley Black & Decker
- Attorney at Law at
9 years, 7 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Law