New York, NY -Gain extraordinary insight on investigation auditing, organized crime organizations and general Audit Intern investigation procedure; -Collect data from bank statements and other financial documents to do preliminary analysis of irregular financial activities; -Assist in identify shell companies or organize crime ties by comparing cancelled check signatures and tracing cashflows; -Learn how to identify overstatement and misclassification of business expenses by doing account payable allocation analysis; -Help identify underreported and off book hours in payroll register by tracing timesheet and internal reports
- Audit Intern at Business Integrity Commission
- Senior Consultant at Edupire Consulting Inc
- Staff at Li Healthcare
- Sales Manager at Pa Pa Song Co. Ltd
4 months at this Job
- BBA in Accounting - Accounting
- BBA in Marketing - Marketing
• Part-time position working 10 hours per week.
• Using Excel, organized an International Programs Inventory, assessing Audit Universe and Exposures.
- Audit Intern at Boston College Internal Audit Department
- Canvasser, Field Manager at Environment Massachusetts/MASSPIRG
- Assistant at Boston College Concessions
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Arts and Sciences
Worked Arc Document Solutions with Microsoft Excel heavily, reviewed and logged revenue streams and invoices, and identified inconsistencies. Conducted SOX testing Walnut Creek, CA and worked on investigation of embezzlement. June-2018 - August-2017 Supply Chain Intern Intern in Supply Chain department at Lumentum, shadowed the Lumentum Demand Manager. Compiled data tables and analyzed supply and demand of Lumentum's products through Microsoft Excel. Confirmed Milpitas, CA company was on track to fulfill sales orders by creating build June-2018 - August-2018 requests for manufacturers. Thorough analysis of different determinants such as leed-times, on-hand inventories, safety stocks. Gained experience communicating in meetings and conference calls, working with teams to achieve goals. Utilized Microsoft Excel daily in addition to other Office and company platforms.
- Audit Intern at Audit department of Arc Document Solutions
- Sales Representative at Aramark
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
07- 08/2018 DELOITTE TOUCHE TOHMATSU CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS LLP
BEIJING BRANCH BEIJING, CHINA
Intern at Audit and Assurance Group
• Assisted with making midterm consolidated financial statement.
• Prepared guidance based on change of IFRS rules.
• Operated testing of details.
• Prepared disclosure of related party transactions. 06- 08/2017 HENAN TRANSPORT INVESTMENT GROUP ZHENGZHOU, CHINA Intern at Financial Management Department
• Processed journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
• Assisted with collection and verification of data using spreadsheets.
• Assisted with making financial budget and analysis of the budget implementation. 06- 07/2016 ZHENGZHOU WANDA WENHUA HOTEL ZHENGZHOU, CHINA Accounting Assistant
• Maintained detailed record on invoiced accounts, collected payments that are due.
• Assisted with month-end account reconciliations and balance sheet analysis. 01- 02/2016 BANK OF CHINA, NONGYE ROAD SUB-BRANCH ZHENGZHOU, CHINA Intern at Accounting Department
• Assisted in the bank journals editing.
• Collected business data and conducted data analysis. Technical MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Language English: Fluent in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Chinese: The first language.
- Audit Intern at Deloitte
1 month at this Job
- Master of Science in Accounting degree - Accounting
- Bachelor's - Accounting & Finance
Audit financial statements
- Audit Intern at Boyum Barenscheer
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting
Audit Services Graduate Intern City of Chesapeake, Chesapeake, VA Participate in internal audit risk consulting and other engagements, prepare meaningful, well-written recommendations for inclusion in audit reports, collect information and analyze data; prepare and index working documents; assist in test-checking selected accounts; effectively complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor(s); communicate with department heads and co-workers, including presenting audit results, project status, and other relevant topics. Bookkeeper-Lead School Secretary Chesapeake Public Schools, Chesapeake, VA Direct building operations as school accounts controller; monitor and enforce accounting policies and procedures to guide financial decisions; personal secretary to administration; manage and support attendance secretary and enrollment clerk; input and review timekeeping and leave benefits for employee payroll; perform other duties as assigned by administration. Associate/Key-Holder Payless Shoe Source, Norfolk, VA Ensure the proper management of store and associates in store leader's absence; assist patrons throughout customer journey; monitor and record daily sales and promotions; perform customer check-out; order and receive inventory shipment; set promotional displays; responsible for cash handling and make daily deposits. Product Specialist-Buyer Direct Buy, Chesapeake, VA Purchasing representative and administrative assistant to the sales department; support daily operations, provide product knowledge to club members; research and obtain price quotes per request; place customer orders; arrange merchandise delivery; collect and implement catalog updates; maintain sample library and catalog directory; record warehouse inventory; manage vendor service contracts and club memberships.
- Audit Intern at City of Chesapeake
at this Job
- MBA - Accounting
- B.S. - Business Management
Recalculate church General Ledger. Audit customer's General Ledger balances through checking bank statements
and cash reconciliation reports.
• Perform reasonable assurance for internal control of church daily operations.
- Audit Intern at First United Methodist Church
- Audit Intern at Harbin Zhengda Certified Public Accountants Co. Ltd
2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Audit Analytics - Audit Analytics
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Accounting
• Assist in the completion of tenant file compliance testing
• Perform the internal control testing procedures
• Prepare the audit engagement planning
- Audit Intern at Lindquist, von Husen & Joyce LLP
- Tax Intern at The Bean Counter CPA
- Passenger Service Agent at Swissport
- VITA Tax Preparer at Chinese New Comer Service Center
3 months at this Job
- Master of Accounting - Accounting
- - Business
- Bachelor of Inorganic - non-metallic materials engineering
Performed audit procedures for small to large complex business clients across diverse industries including
Biotechnology, Commercial Real Estate, Real Estate Development, and Real Estate Investment Funds
• Analyzed proficiency and relevance of clients' internal controls, performed substantive testing analytics across all audit assertions to detect material financial misstatements, reviewed and documented client- provided support and traced and tied to external support and ledger details
• Worked collaboratively on audit teams that vary per client, adhering to the firm's organizational structure that promotes effective communication, transparency, and teamwork between staff and senior auditors
• Rolled-forward, updated, and improved audit workpapers used to detect material differences and various types of error and fraud
• Summarized, documented, and verified contractual arrangements between clients and vendors, including R&D agreements, consulting agreements, financial arrangements, and service agreements
- Audit Intern at Grant Thornton LLP
- Corporate Finance Intern, Treasury at BankUnited
- Corporate Finance Intern, Tax Strategy at BankUnited
- Shift Supervisor at University of Miami Department of Information Technology
2 months at this Job
- Master of Accounting - Corporate Track
Obtained an understanding of KPMG's audit process, strategy, and philosophy § Performed testing and analytical procedures of various accounts including cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, operating expenses, debt, and taxes for an oil & gas client and a financial services client § Identified discrepancies in client-provided workpapers and financial statements
- Audit Intern at KPMG
- Life Group Leader at Antioch Community Church
- Internal Audit Intern at CenterPoint Energy
- Member at Christian Business Leaders
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting - Accounting