DEA Compliance Audit Manager
- DEA Compliance Audit Manager at Independent Pharmacy Cooperative
- DEA Compliance Analyst at Independent Pharmacy Cooperative
- Risk Management Paralegal at Banner Health
- Compliance Paralegal at Insight Enterprises, Inc
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Business
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Managed internal teams conducting complex short stay, readmission, outpatient, skilled nursing, inpatient rehabilitation and home health audit reviews for multiple clients according to client-specific guidelines and/or government regulations. Monitored individual performance metrics via storyboard process. Global project manager for the successful transition of DRG reviews to a third party vendor in the Philippines, recruiting 41 new auditors and coordinating training, monitoring and performance management activities. Achieved all project deliverables on time. Met client turnaround times for regular and expedited audits.
• Collaborated on vendor contract development for offshore auditor resource.
• Implemented system configuration adjustments with IT support to ensure proper data restrictions per client-specific allowable scope of work for offshore sites.
• Assured vendor compliance with company human resources policies.
• Coordinated multidisciplinary vendor training on Cotiviti policies (SOPs).
• Utilized a strategic assignment method to prioritize allocation of workload.
• Oversight of auditor accuracy, quality, productivity and policy compliance metrics, coordinating additional training, mentoring and development as indicated.
• Collaborated with senior management team on corrective action plan development for a government contract.
• Created policies and procedures to guide audit processes.
• Subject matter expert during client/government process reviews.
• Provided regular progress reports to vendor and to management team.
• Managed vendor invoice process.
• Coordinated with vendor QA and training teams to maintain top performance and perform ongoing staff development.
• Supported Cotiviti senior management team and client management team by managing periodic client-requested ad-hoc special projects.
• Created team process improvements under a self-directed, multidisciplinary "Lean Auditing Initiative", increasing team effectiveness for one review type by 40% in less than one calendar year, among other improvements.
• Created a new Intake Coordinator/Operations Admin position to prep cases (performing some of the less complex processes) prior to auditor review, saving nurse auditors 15-20 minutes per prepped claim.
• Collaborated with Concept Development Team to create new audit types and new audit concepts, expanding the portfolio of company offerings.
- Audit Manager at Cotiviti
- at Cotiviti
- Director of Claim Integrity at Cotiviti
- QA Manager at Cotiviti
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Health Planning and Administration
Front Desk Austin, Texas January 2017 - January 2018 Maintained the values of the company while ensuring guests had an amazing experience. Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Houston I-10/Central Front Desk / Night Audit Manager
- Front Desk / Night Audit Manager at Hilton Austin
- Operator at The Mrkt at Monticello
1 year at this Job
Audit Senior (2014 - 2016); Audit Staff (2012 - 2013)
• Executed financial statement audits for public and private companies in various industries including manufacturing, dealerships, healthcare, not-for-profit, and benefit plans
• Participated in all parts of auditing including planning, risk assessment, control documentation, substantive testing, financial statement preparation and review, and communication to management
• Served as manager on several engagements with the firm, ensuring timely completion of procedures by effectively managing and reviewing staff as well as maintaining and improving client relationships
- Audit Manager at Coulter & Justus, P.C
- Senior Plant Accountant at Omega Plastics
- Audit Staff at Crowe Horwath, LLP
- Accounting Intern at Tennessee Valley Authority
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Accountancy - Accountancy
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting, Corporate Finance
Internal Audit Manager
• Prepare and present to the Audit Committee the Programming Plan of the Audits to be Executed, according to the risk assessment of the institution.
• Plan, prepare, and review internal audit programs that are in accordance with the Bank's guidelines and current legal regulations.
• Supervise the personnel in the Auditing department in order for them to act with independence and due diligence in the development of their activities, in front of the areas of the Bank and their tasks.
• Verify the reasonableness, integrity and correct presentation of the Financial Statements and their respective notes, in accordance with the accounting standards generally accepted by the Federation of Public Accountants of Venezuela.
• Ensure that the operations and procedures of the Bank comply with the Laws, Resolutions, Prudential Standards, decisions of the Board of Directors and Shareholders of the Bank, Internal Manuals, Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards.
- Internal Audit Manager at Banco Universal, C.A
- Internal Audit Coordinator at Banco Universal, C.A
- Tax Auditor at Contraloría del Municipio Chacao
- Semi-Senior II at KPMG
8 years at this Job
Accounts Payable Audit Manager
• Review vendor statements for all facilities for unrecorded credits due to product return or duplicate payments
• Review credit balance reports. Contact vendors to resolve open credit balances.
• Work with HCA consolidated service centers to obtain assistance in resolving credit balance issues.
• Submit monthly reports regarding progress of statement review and credit balance changes
- Accounts Payable Audit Manager at HealthTrust Supply Chain/Purchasing Group
- Financial Analyst at HealthTrust Supply Chain/Purchasing Group
- Accounts Payable Specialist at Nashville CSC
- Accounts Payable Specialist at Horizon Staffing
9 months at this Job
- MBA - Accounting and Financial Management
- BS - Accounting
- BS - Business Management
Managed audit engagements of companies in the energy and manufacturing and distribution industries, as well as audits of investment companies and benefit plans.
● Oversaw and trained teams of two to three staff.
● Supervise and perform all areas of audits for various companies and entities, and led teams to complete necessary audit procedures and issue a timely audit opinion
● Test all aspects of a balance sheet and income statement including journal entries, accruals, inventory testing, and expense analysis
● Review reconciliations of various accounts to ensure unusual items or unexpected variances are properly explained. Accounts reviewed include cash (bank reconciliations), accounts payable, worker's compensation, fixed assets and debt issuance
● Manage the daily activities of staff and assisted in their professional development through regular training, appropriate delegation of work, and regular verbal and written feedback
● Review all supporting schedules for the financial statements/annual reports to ensure documentation is complete and accurate including cash flow schedule, revenue recognition, and pricing of securities
● Review invoices to ensure proper amounts are being billed and paid
● Demonstrate a thorough understanding of accounting and auditing concepts, specializing in various industries including oil and gas and financial services
● Test the design, implementation and effectiveness of the Internal Controls under SOX and the reliability of electronic audit evidence obtained from various accounting systems
● Maintain a strong client focus and develop productive working relationships with client personnel across levels
● Assist in completing employee benefit plan audits for non-public companies
● Research accounting and regulatory compliance issues for audits to ensure clients are including the necessary reporting requirements. Includes researching current guidance in order to understand what changes have been made to currently required disclosures and possible future changes.
● Analyze the pricing and fair value of securities and investments to ensure proper classification in accordance with FAS 157 (ASC 820)
● Communicated with management of client to discuss timing, deadlines, status, accounting issues, and any other client inquiries.
● Worked with companies requiring consolidation of multiple subsidiary entities.
● Utilized Accounting Research Manager to expand knowledge in US GAAP and research complicated accounting inquiries made by clients
- Audit Manager at BKD CPA's and Advisors
- Senior Audit Associate III at Weaver & Tidwell, L.L.P
- at Weaver & Tidwell, L.L.P
- Senior Audit Associate II at Weaver & Tidwell, L.L.P
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting - Accounting
* One of the leading global payments & technology company that connects consumers, businesses, merchants, issuers & governments around the world. Operates a multi-rail processing network designed to ensure safety and security for the global payments system. Internal Audit Manager * Plan, execute, and document audits of financial, technology and operational areas that are complex in nature, applying sound judgment to assess effectiveness and efficiency of controls, processes and operations. Audit duties include assessing business, operating, and control risks of current and proposed systems and operations then developing recommendations for issues and improvements to current and proposed controls, procedures and systems. * Provide significant input into annual and periodic risk assessments of business processes, functions, and departments evaluating compliance with legal, regulatory and operational policies and procedures, and assessing risks to determine scope for planned audits. * Supervised product delivery for assigned projects including budget, scheduling and correspondence with clients. Consulted with senior management in determining action items required for resolution of control issues. * Lead special projects and investigations, as necessary ensuring integration with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance programs. Conduct quality assurance reviews and testing of financial and operational areas; investigate and document issues for senior management.
- Internal Audit Manager at Mastercard
- Risk Services Consultant at RubinBrown
- Senior Corporate Auditor at Wolseley
- Coordinator - Optimization at ConocoPhillips, Inc
4 years at this Job
- Masters in Business Administration - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science - Operations Management
promoted from Mgr. to Sr. Mgr. 1-1-2018)
• Responsible for the day to day managerial responsibilities associated with a team of 2 senior audit associates and one audit associate. These responsibilities include reviewing work papers, providing guidance in areas of test work, and being an overall coach/mentor.
• Function as the BU Audit Manager for the Surface Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry. Also function as Functional Audit Manager for the North and South American region Global Business Services (GBS) functions. This responsibility involves developing the annual audit plan for each BU/Function, overseeing the execution of said audit plan, and coordinating with BU/Function management to keep current on topics that are of significant relevance to the respective businesses/functions. Responsibility also includes preparation of periodic BU/Function reporting that is discussed with top members of BU/Function management.
• From 2011 to 2015 manage a series of financial reviews over seven AkzoNobel reporting units within the United States region. In leading these reviews I assess some of the more complex accounting principles employed by the reporting units (e.g. inventory cost accounting, revenue recognition, provision methodology analysis, etc.). In performing these assessments I have been responsible for identifying financial statement errors which range from $500k to $10m. These assessments involved analytical thinking and the ability to challenge accounting positions based upon comparisons against defined accounting standards (webFEM). Due to a change of group auditors this responsibility was no longer required starting in 2016.
• Responsible for the implementation of the group's new Risk Based Top Down audit approach for the Surface and Polymer Chemistry businesses. Also responsible for implementing the new integrated audit format in the North American audit function.
• Direct accountability for ensuring adherence to the North American audit function budget and also responsible for identifying cost saving actions where possible.
• Responsible for designing an audit approach for the Record to Report business process and then also for the overall Finance process. This is a new responsibility starting in January 2017.
• Responsible for developing and presenting the 2018 audit plan for the Specialty Chemicals Business Area.
- Senior Internal Audit Manager at AkzoNobel / Nouryon
- Interim North American Services Organization Controller at AkzoNobel / Nouryon
- Senior Financial Analyst at AkzoNobel / Nouryon
- Audit Manager at PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS, LLP
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S., in Accountancy - Accountancy
Internal audit manager providing objective assurance and consulting activities designed to add value and improve the organization's
operations. Proven record in risk assessments and audit findings on financial, tax, operational and IT audits and articulating control
gaps and risks to a wide audience consisting of CVP level, director and business stakeholders while providing actionable solutions to mitigate corporate risk.
• Identified founded operational and design failures within marketing subsidiaries for device seeding and loans program resulting in the implementation of tax guidance during the loan program and collection of tax documentation which was leveraged globally.
• Successfully integrated finance, forensic accounting and tax experience and executed risk assessments and control evaluations and uncovered key findings related to sales and channel incentives reporting, anti-corruption, IT access controls and change management, design and control failures for SOX external financial reporting, payroll and employee onboarding, trade regulations, supply chain and purchasing and vendor engagement. The impact of such findings led to stronger controls over the business segment, accurate reporting and detailed management action plans that address and mitigate risk over design and operational failures.
• Consistently planned and executed the audit program, timeline deliverables and prepared audit work papers which subsequently was leveraged as a "best practice" within the Internal Audit Group for documenting operational testing that is accurate, complete and detailed enough to allow another to come to the same audit conclusion.
• As Audit Manager community lead, developed walkthrough and interview guidance manuals for Audit team for use in the business in order to lead strategic, engaging and impactful walkthrough and fieldwork meetings to ensure understanding project scope and objectives are met in an efficient and effective manner.
- Audit Manager at Microsoft
- Finance Manager at Microsoft
- Controller at Hero K12, LLC
- Controller at Astor & Black Custom, Ltd
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting