• Prepare on average 75% of all working papers, reports, communication letters and supporting documentation for each assigned engagement.
• Facilitate planning, follow-up and ad-hoc meetings for each assigned engagement.
• Communicate regularly with C-suite management regarding audit objectives, questions and findings, and provide suggestions to improve internal controls and processes.
• Obtain new consulting clients resulting in an additional 10% in monthly revenues.
• Manage all aspects of over 20 audits, reviews, compilations and consulting engagements throughout the year.
- AUDIT STAFF at CALIBER AUDIT & ATTEST LLP
- CREW MEMBER at VILLAGE MARKET
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- BACHELOR'S IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - ACCOUNTING
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
• Performs detailed audit procedures on financial statement account balances, prepares and adjusts workpapers from client's trial balance
• Assisting with the completion of audit engagements regarding services, manufacturing, real estate and construction industries.
• Performs other accounting, auditing, and consulting duties as needed in engagements.
- Audit Staff at BLUM SHAPIRO
- Audit Staff at DELOITTE & TOUCHE LLP
- Finance Assistant at ITAU UNIBANCO - BANK
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Accounting
- Bachelor - Accounting
• Perform audit procedures to ensure clients' accounting records and financial statements are maintained and prepared in accordance with applicable basis of accounting
• Work extensively with Microsoft Excel to design and perform audit tests
• Analyze balance sheet and P&L account fluctuations to detect unusual changes, trends and patterns
• Review bank reconciliations and statements to test material transactions for proper inclusion/exclusion
• Propose journal entries for misstatements identified through audit procedures
• Effectively communicate verbally and via email with team members and various client personnel
• Document findings within audit working papers and communicate findings to client management
- Audit Staff at Briggs & Veselka
- Residential Assistant at LSU
- Sales Associate at Finish Line
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
- Associate of Arts
• Train staff to achieve corporate goals and adhere to Servesafe and Coborn standards.
• Accomplish daily logs of temperature and product inventory
• Responsible for set up of daily deli cases
• Audit staff on standard procedures
• Interact with internal departments to acquire overages on inventory
• Increase sales on a daily basis
• Acquire new catering orders and complete orders
• Perform monthly inventory count
• Report to management daily progress of staff and inventory
• Upsell inventory to Customer base
• Prairie Saint John's Fargo, ND 2/11-7/14
• Passed medications to clients
• Completed progress notes on clients
• Worked with children and adult clients
• Performed safety checks of the unit and clients
• Performed breathalyzer, blood draw and urine drug screens
• Evaluated medical detox clients
• Place patients for recovery in community
• Train and implement safety protocol
- Audit staff on standard procedures at Cash Wise
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associates Degree - Nursing
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration
Assurance Audit - GE Aviation: Military Systems Organization Advisory Project - GE Power: Gas Power Assurance Audit - GE Capital: North American Life and Health Advisory Project - GE Corporate: US Tax Reform
• Auditing proposal estimating system in accordance with Department of Defense procurement regulations
• Developing process and implementing controls for new AI-driven cost and pricing analysis tool
• Tracked and drove process rigor for $37M of indirect cost synergies across field engineering business
• Planned and initiated $2M of organization restructuring and headcount actions
• Prepared financial statements and consolidated data for European works council consultations
• Executed controls-based audit of reinsurance business to support GAAP loss recognition testing (LRT)
• Validated discount rate model using investment yield data, confirmed implementation of assumption changes, determined input sensitivies, and validated $2B of reserve valuation impact
• Assessed projected premium rate increases (driving $1.5B of margin impact) against historical data to identify high-risk assumptions
• Trained MVP machine leaning algorithm to classify intercompany payments and outlined full-scale pro- duction model deployment plan to mitigate base erosion anti-abuse tax (BEAT)
• Mapped customer repair transactions and service agreements to quantify $634M of indirect base erosion
Assurance Audit - GE Aviation: Military Systems Organization
Advisory Project - GE Power: Gas Power
Assurance Audit - GE Capital: North American Life and Health
Advisory Project - GE Corporate: US Tax Reform
- Associate - Corporate Audit Staff at GE Corporate
- Edison Engineer at Baker Hughes, a GE Company
- R&D Engineering Intern at GE Global Research
- Field Engineering Intern at Baker Hughes
1 year at this Job
- Master of Science - Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
at this Job
- Master's - According
• Prepare large corporate tax returns for review by licensed CPAs
• Partake in audit & assurance services in the field at corporate clients
• Communicate with clients to complete projects accurately and within budget
- Tax & Audit Staff Accountant at Wessel & Company CPA
- Audit & Tax Intern at Wessel & Company CPA
- Customer Service Representative at 1st Summit Bank
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Financial Accounting
• Performed year end audits, reviews, & compilations with various companies and their employee benefit plans
• Worked directly with engagement team to perform risk assessment prior to each engagement
• Assisted co-workers in the completion of audit work papers in accordance with US GAAP
• Exhibited analytical ability by performing audit procedures while sustaining professionalism & integrity
• Developed strong interpersonal communication skills through reporting to upper management
- Audit Staff Accountant at Cohen & Company
- Server/Hostess at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
- Student Account Manager at Kent State University
- Tax & Audit Intern at Cohen & Company
7 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Accounting - Accounting
- Bachelor's - Accounting
Member of the insurance team, the 15th largest insurance practice in the nation. Participated in the planning phase of the audit as well as an entire busy season of year-end audits.
- Audit Staff Accountant at Brown, Schultz, Sheridan & Fritz
- Dance Instructor at A&B Dance Dimensions
- Department of Business Student Assistant at Elizabethtown College
- Audit Intern at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
• Actively develops technical skills on the job and through formal training.
• Builds strong working relationships with clients.
• Identifies and communicates engagement issues as well as engagement progress in a timely and organized manner.
• Works as an effective team member to complete project components and assigned tasks, including: Completing segments of audits, compilations and reviews.
• Assisting with the preparation of financial statements, footnote disclosures and Management letter comments.
• Assisting with engagement administration including audit programs, budgets and engagement letters.
- Audit Staff Accountant at Vavrinek, Trine, Day & Company, LLP
- Specialized Tax Services Associate at BDO USA, LLP
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting