• Provided implementation on Revenue Recognition under ASC 606
• Interacted with upper level management to ensure information is received in a timely manner and that deadlines are met
• Coordinated, lead and participated in internal discussion on complex accounting applicable to the audit and concluded on appropriate accounting treatment used by the audited company
• Involved in the financial Statement audit of SEC registrants in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)
• Performed Analytical Procedures to investigate fluctuations in both balance sheet and income statement account balances
• Conducted 1st year/Intern training
- Audit Staff at Greater Washington Area
- Brand Ambassador (Sales Associate) at Banana Republic
- Corporate Banking Intern at Australia New Zealand Bank
- Undergraduate Assistant at College of William and Mary
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Accounting - Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
Performed Governmental / Non-Profit, Commercial and Employee Benefit Plans audits
including pensions, savings and health & welfare plans with asset base ranging from $1
million to $5 billion.
• Proficient in DOL, ERISA, IRS and SEC regulations.
• Performed audits under GAAS, GAGAS and PCAOB standards.
• Assisted clients with regulatory updates and recommendations for administrations of their employee benefit plans.
• Conducted efficient audits of assets, liabilities, income and expenses, performed risk assessments, preliminary and final analytics, and reviewed service organization reports.
• Assisted management with the review of City of Houston component units' financial statements and provided recommendations for reclassifications of several items.
• Researched audit standards, assessed compliance requirements and documented control procedures.
- Audit Staff at McConnell & Jones LLP
- Collection / Customer Service at JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Teller at Community Savings Bank
3 years at this Job
- Certificate in Accountancy Program
- Certified Public Accountant
- - Business
• Apply concepts of risk assessment.
• Perform tests of internal controls.
• Perform reviews of audit documents and assisted in field engagements.
• Communicate auditing matters and problems to seniors and managers.
• Prepare financial statements for non profit organizations and other entities.
• Examine and analyze accounting records to determine accuracy.
- Audit Staff at EEPB, P.C
- Accounting Associate at W Travel Holdings, Inc
- Credit Collections Specialist at LTD Financial Services, L.P
3 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Accounting - M.S.Acc
- CPA Eligible
• Conduct comprehensive financial audits, federal and state compliance audits, and agreed-upon procedures for not-for-profit organizations, educational institutions, and the local government.
• Responsibilities include planning, substantive testing, preparation of financial statements, and wrap-up.
• Develop, perform, and document audit procedures and substantive testing.
• Prepare and document all written communications, such as memos, recommendations, e-mails, and audit work papers, to support the final published audit report.
• Examine and analyze clients' financial statements and accounting records to determine propriety of accounting transactions and to ensure compliance with GAAP, GASB, clients' internal control policies, or any other applicable accounting regulation.
• Conduct inquiries and maintain communication through efficient and effective means of communication, such as meetings, phone calls, and e-mails, with the client and audit team.
• Communicate audit finds, such as audit risk areas or fraudulent activities, and propose recommendations, such as evaluating internal controls or adjusting journal entries, to the client and audit team.
- Audit Staff at Crosslin, PC
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Accounting - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science
- Associate of Science - Pre-medical
- - Basic and Applied Sciences
- - Chemistry
• Prepared time and cost budgets, planned and conducted annual audit service for non-public clients
• Conducted client interviews and setup internal meeting to facilitate effective audit procedures thru year-end
• Understood & evaluated internal control design including identifying key risks of the client
• Performed risk assessment, analytical procedures and audit tests during the year-end audit
• Supervised abreast of work status for staffs and any concerns from the client in a timely manner
- Senior Audit staff at EOS Accountant LLP
- Staff Accountant Position (Part-time) at MEERAE LLP
- Staff Accountant Position (Intern) at PSH Accounting LLC
- Accountant- Account Payable, Account Receivable, Payroll at Queen Apparel NY, Inc
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Accounting
- Associate in Applied Science degree - Applied Science
- Bachelor Degree in Economics - Economics
Assist in preparation of payroll for 25 businesses.
● Apply concepts of risk assessment, and perform tests of internal controls.
● Verify and inspect accounts receivable and payable ledgers and general ledger for its accuracy.
● Study, inspect and assess, budgets, balance sheets and other related financial statements and records. Help in preparation of year-end financial statements of 25 business clients
● Supports outsourced accounting/book keeping of 30 business clients and identify performance improvement opportunities. Improved client operating controls and policies which reduced extra assets waste by 30%
● Assist in creating client financial reports and audit reports of 25 business clients on monthly/yearly basis.
● Assist in preparation of year-end tax returns for an average of 55 clients.
● Assist in preparation of audit paperwork in accordance with standards and requirements.
- Audit Staff Assistant at Otis & Associates (CPAs)
- Assistant Financial Center Manager at State Employees Credit Union
- Assistant Branch Manager at M&T BANK
- Relationship Banker at M&T BANK
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Information Systems
- Masters of Science - Accounting and Financial Management
* Assisted with planning and execution of financial statement audits. * Performed substantive audit procedures, preparation of audit work papers under direct supervision of Audit Senior * Performed preliminary and final analytical reviews of financial statements to identify unusual account fluctuations and in relation to significant audit risk areas * Proven ability to perform under pressure by successfully completing multiple projects under strict deadlines imposed by the client and engagement team. * Contributed to 401(k) audit team and forensic accounting specialist team in addition to standard audit team.
- Audit Staff at Briggs & Veselka
- Audit Intern at Briggs & Veselka
- CPA at Don Bond
- CPA at Professional Accounting Society
9 months at this Job
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
San Rafael, California. October 2013-January 2017 Supervise Social Workers who manage cases in the CalWORKs program. Provide individual and group clinical supervision weekly. Facilitate a multidisciplinary mental health clinical team. Write staff evaluations and audit staff documentation. Interpreted state mandates and write county program policy as it relates to my department. Provide and attend trainings related to the field. Build community partners and maintain positive working collaboratives. Review cases with program manager and make appropriate referrals. Represent my department at local, state and federal meetings.
- Write staff evaluations and audit staff documentation at
- staff at Oakes Children's Center
- Mental Health Therapist at Women's Therapy Center
- Child Therapist at Child Therapy Institute of Marin
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- MA - MFT Graduate Program
- B.A - Psychology
Assisted in audits of school districts in New Jersey
● Performed tests of controls for expenditures and payroll for compliance with state laws and statutes
● Assessed supporting documentation to verify clerical accuracy and to ensure appropriate procedures followed
● Communicated with district staff to obtain information relevant to the audit
- Audit Staff Temp at Lerch, Vinci & Higgins, LLP
- Quality Control Intern at Mazars USA LLP
- Staff Accountant at Financial Consulting Strategies LLC
- Internal Audit Intern at Movado Group, Inc
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
Perform evaluations of internal controls for cash, disbursements, fixed assets, payroll, borrowings, and revenue accounts by obtaining client support and testing against documented client procedures and verifying appropriate segregation of duties. Verify accuracy of client general ledger account balances and perform test of details for unexpected variances. Create ad-hoc workpapers in Excel testing technical issues that arise during engagement. Engage in inquiry of client financial and accounting staff regarding operating procedures, accounting policies and issues relevant to financial accounts during engagements. Collaborate with engagement team and proactively provide support to team members with large workloads.
- Audit Staff at Moss Adams, LLP
- Testing Services Associate at University of Houston Downtown
- Accounting Services Intern at Walmart Global Shared Services North America
- Bookkeeper/Office Manager at FireProTech, LLC
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting