• Supervised teams of 1-5 staff members in the completion of financial statement audits of clients, typically for the purposes of banking and bonding, specifically within the construction industry. Supervisor acted as the liaison between the Engagement Partner and the Client. Supervisor fields majority of the client needs during the audit phases as well as throughout the year.
• Guided staff during the planning stages of each engagement. Actively managed multiple teams during fieldwork and audit testing, reviewed all staff workpapers throughout fieldwork and reviewed completed financial statements for annual and semiannual audits, reviews and compilations for clients ranging in annual revenues between $10M- $600M.
• Audited and heavily analyzed alongside clients Project Management team, on a contract by contract basis, the accounts receivable and retainage, over/under billings, estimated gross profit, percentage complete and fluctuations in gross profit, in order to get a better understanding of the status of each major contract and the validity of the estimated gross profits for each material contract.
• Prepared agenda and assisted each Partner during the financial statement meetings with client's management and board of directors, where the Grassi team presented the findings of the financial statement audits, along with industry statistics and overall recommendations.
- Audit Supervisor at Grassi & Co., CPAs
- Semi-Senior Accountant at Castellano Korenberg & Co., CPAs
- Staff Accountant at Maharam Fabric Corp
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
Perform duties as a lead auditor including planning the audit, visiting clients, reviewing staff workpapers and researching critical accounting issues.
➢ Supervise and assist other staff accountants and serve as a manager between the partner and staffs.
➢ Perform the entire Single Audit engagement for an audit that who receives federal funding through HUD.
➢ Perform tax services not-for-profit organizations (form 990).
➢ Accompany the partner on various professional engagements such as meeting with the predecessor auditor, attending board meetings.
- Audit Supervisor at Iryna Accountancy Corporation
- Staff Accountant - Auditor at Iryna Accountancy Corporation
- Staff Accountant at Robert half
- Staff Accountant - Auditor at Nigro & Nigro, PC
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - Accounting
* Conduct, lead and supervise senior associates/staff of the day-to-day execution of the planning, fieldwork, and reporting functions of assigned audit engagements within the Corporate Audit Division.
• Conduct, lead and supervise audit coverage with various corporate business groups: Procurement, Contract Administration, Project Management, Accounting, Inventory Management, et al. * Create and execute test plans including work papers, communicating findings to senior management and auditee, and preparing internal audit reports * Maintain relationships with key stakeholders. Follow-up with business line management on previously identified audit issues, as well as execution and review of testing to close previously identified audit issues.
- Audit Supervisor at THE PORT AUTHORITY OF NEW YORK & NEW JERSEY
- Internal Audit Manager at AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL GROUP
- Senior Associate at KPMG LLP
- Internal Auditor at A COMPANY OF QBE INSURANCE GROUP LTD
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
Manage and supervise audit clerks ◦ Prepare Financial Statements on caseware system ◦ Preparing of yearly financial report for clients ◦ Preparing of monthly tax returns ◦ Preparing of tax computation to support the tax returns ◦ Performing audit work for public clients under Auditor General. ◦ Preparing of VAT returns on a monthly basis ◦ Preparing of individual tax returns clients(PAYE declaration) ◦ Preforming planning and audit work for private clients ◦ Conducting internal audits at the various provincial government departments, which includes identifying weakness in internal controls and give recommendations. ◦ Performed external audit work as a senior in charge for various private clients, staring from audit planning to report. ◦ Performed stock counts for various private clients ◦ Lead audits and perform reporting duties ◦ Report writing and presentation to client management ◦ Ongoing engagement with clients ◦ Asset audit cycle ◦ Predetermined objective audit cycle (performance information) ◦ Compliance audit cycle ◦ Supply chain management audit
- audit supervisor at Ramathe
- Trainee Accountant at Ramathe Chartered
- Trainee (in finance department) at Feltex Fehrer (Rosslyn)
3 months at this Job
- B Tech in Cost and Management Accounting - Cost and Management Accounting
- Advanced Diploma in Accounting Science - BCTA
* Supervise the audit team on, and perform, engagements for a range of clients, across many industries, throughout the country, including public and private higher education institutions, auto dealerships, fuel suppliers, general contracting and construction companies, employee benefit plans, government entities, financial institutions and not-for-profit organizations. * Consult and advise clients on new regulatory standards, financing and investing strategies, tax compliance and certain tax implications. * Provide financial services such as tax planning, outsourced bookkeeping challenges along with the maintenance and upkeep of the client's fixed asset listings and other internal schedules. * Complete and file corporate, partnership, trust, non-profit and high-net worth individuals' annual tax returns.
- Audit Supervisor at O'Connor & Drew P.C
- Senior Accountant at Pacific Whale Foundation
- Staff Auditor at Scofield & Scofield P.C
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Financial Accounting
Completing the hotel's Audit and closing out the day of the hotel.
● Ensuring the guests are in a safe environment at all times.
●Acting overnight MOD
● Direct supervisor for a staff of 3.
● Correcting any problems for staff members.
● Fixing mistakes made during the morning and evening shifts.
- Night Audit Supervisor at Pontchartrain Hotel
- Front Desk Supervisor at St. James Hotel
- Reservations Coordinator at NOLA Hotel Group
- Front Desk Agent at St. James Hotel
8 months at this Job
- - Mass Communications
- - Media Arts
• Responsible for all phases of audit engagements, comprising of budgeting, planning, internal control review, substantive testing, and financial reporting within such industries as energy, manufacturing, wholesale, construction and timber.
• Ensured that audit engagements complied with the latest policies, procedures and standards, including US GAAP, DOL Rules, ERISA, and Standards for Accounting and Review Services issued by the AICPA.
• Managed multiple audit teams, consisting of 4-5 team members each, on coinciding engagements ensuring they are completed accurately and efficiently within budget.
• Selected to participate in a firm-wide evaluation and enhancement to the performance management process which included the implementation of a mentoring program and establishing staff-level specific criteria by which performance is rated.
- Audit Supervisor at FIRLEY, MORAN, FREER & EASSA, P.C
- Audit Senior Associate - Real Estate Group at PRICEWATERHOUSE COOPERS LLP
- Commercial Lines/ Service Associate for Property/Casualty Insurance Agency at HAYLOR, FREYER & COON, INC
- Senior Associate at TD WATERHOUSE
10 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
• Performed a risk analysis for all audits on the audit plan to address inherent and residual risk and utilizing quantitative and qualitative risk assessment factors, managing communication with stakeholders communicating risk assessment results to regulators and senior management.
• Provided oversight of accounting functions including review of monthly journal entries related to expense and balance sheet accounts, review of fixed assets, supporting schedules and general ledger accounts.
• Assessed existing controls for preparation of month end and quarterly financial statement preparation including supervisory review and logic/accuracy of adjusting entries.
• Completed audits in Operations and AML/BSA (OFAC) for Community Banks in NY, NJ and throughout the tri-state region including hands on testing and completion of the entire audit cycle from planning, risk assessment and writing of audit reports along with supervising staff.
• Made recommendations for enhancements based upon assessment gaps with key stakeholders.
• Performed detailed testing, prepared workpapers and conducted meetings with Bank Managers and Regulators for all audit issues and presentation of final audit reports.
• Reassessed existing controls, policies and procedures to determine control weakness and enhance existing workflows, making recommendations for changes to existing policies/procedures.
• Ensured change management procedures have been established, job scheduling monitored, and batch jobs contained sufficient IT controls by testing existing workflows.
- Audit Supervisor at P&G Associates Auditors
- Assistant Vice President - Audit Supervisor at Apple Bank
- Consultant/Temporary role - Senior Project Manager at Consulting Roles
- Consultant/Temporary role -Senior Project Manager at Citibank
9 months at this Job
This is the second time working for Best Western Elko Inn. I am currently in charge of assisting guests checking into our hotel and meeting their expectations to have a memorable stay. My position as front desk supervisor entails me to watch and correct any payments and payment errors. Collecting monies and filling and filing the paper work necessary for our longer staying guests to keep current with company direct bills and personal charges. I am in charge of a crew of six front desk clerks. I prepare schedules and make sure the front face of the hotel is representing Best Western efficiently. My nigh audit position requires my knowledge using opera software and also acquiring and balancing reports and budgets. My customer service skills are outstanding.
- Night Audit Supervisor at Bestwestern elko inn
- Front Desk Clerk/Breakfast Attendant at Night Audit
- Fuell Attendant at SMITHS GROCERY
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- - elementary education
Managing audit various audit engagement, mainly IFRS and local GAAP engagements. Participated in several US GAAP audit engagements. Deeply specialized and interested in Business processes and internal controls review. Currently getting ACCA qualification.
- Audit Supervisor at KPMG LLC
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - programme
- Relations, Bachelor in Economic Policy - Economic Policy
- - Financial Accounting