• Equipment investigation and analysis
• Management of high performing technical team
• Investigation, analysis and resolution of mass production and market failures
• Welding, assembly, injection molding, aluminum and steel stamping.
• Project management/new model development
• Quick judgements and decisions in a manufacturing environment Computer Skills/Gaging and Equipment
• MS Windows Office - Excel, Word, Power Point and Access
• CAD software - CATIA and SolidWorks
• Metrology; ATOS, Tritop and Romer (polyworks)
• Gages and Fixtures; Fixture verification, micrometers, laser gage, calipers, step gage and LMI Honda Manufacturing of Alabama Lincoln, AL (Manufacturer of Honda light trucks - Odyssey/Ridgeline/Pilot/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Automotive Mass Production/Market Quality Engineer
• Determined root cause to complex mass production non-conformities, providing temporary and permanent solutions prior to deadline. Used various metrology tools to measure and help determine root cause (ATOS, fixtures, Tritop, and Romer).
• Evaluation of part defects/failures to determine cause origin through investigation and testing. Issued evaluation reports to Honda North America.
• Updated investigation status and closure to large groups of managers, customers and peers primarily by presentation using Microsoft office products. Automotive New Model Project Engineer - Rear Fascia Theme Lead
• Interpret engineering 3D Models and specifications mainly related to body and closure structure. Identify critical features, design deviations and issued specification change requests to ensure vehicle manufacturability for mass production. Put together manufacturing work instructions for associates and suppliers.
• Set up numerous product durability, extreme temperature, and function testing in preparation for release of product to the market, completed testing with report which included countermeasure recommendations to designers. Supported production concerning late design changes.
• Assisted Honda research and development performance test group by participating in various vehicle performance tests and providing feedback from a manufacturing prospective.
• Communicate project status, test results and investigation updates to groups of management, peers and executives through presentations using Microsoft office products. Welding Department Complex Analysis Team Manager
• Manage and mentor a team of engineers and technicians in the investigation and resolution of complex issues within the weld department. Provide orientation to new colleagues. Support capital investment projects to improve quality.
• Responsible for quickly evaluating mass production quality and delivery issues and making a decision concerning resource allocation, as well as, path forward for final resolution.
• Train and ensure that associates know how to read, understand and modify Honda drawings and know the steps to starting and ending an investigation into complex issues.
• Project lead to obtain and manage data to improve overall vehicle gap and flush accuracy.
• Responsible for building relationships with other departments and suppliers concerning communication of non-conformities.
• Plant lead for JD and Power Associates initial quality survey score improvement concerning body panel fit. Successful in reducing overall PPHU for factory fit and finish impact.
• Managed group responsible for all body in white and weld assembly measurements using CMM, Romer and ATOS scan box. Encourage and motivate others through proven leadership skills.
• Determined whether third party sorts were required and implemented plan for quick resolution of issue requiring third party sort.
• Update group and management by setting up and leading weekly and monthly update meetings. Quality Department Technical Lead
• Mentor team of engineers through all stages of project management regarding the development of a new model.
• Ensure all documents, drawings, design changes and requests coming out of the group are complete, clear, concise and properly communicated.
• Lead new model project engineer, responsible for leading project to meet specific vehicle targets across multiple departments and factories in North America.
• Set project schedule, facilitate and lead project meetings, ensure team is on schedule to meeting its targets.
• Factory expert concerning all vehicle exterior and lift gate systems. Review and present any major non-conformities to management concerning exterior and lift gate systems.
- Automotive Engineer at Honda
at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration - Business Administration
Coordinate and provide validation team with resources to efficiently and effectively verify software is working as designed Analyze test data for automotive systems, subsystems, or component parts Ensure upcoming software is fully funcational before release date Recommend test or testing conditions in accordance with designs, customer requirements, or industry standards to ensure test validity
- Automotive Engineer at Bosch Service Solutions
- Parts Professional - Part time at NAPA Auto Parts
- General Maintanence Worker at Minnesota State Academies
- Service Specialist at Guardian Pest Solutions, Inc
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Diploma - Technology
- High School Diploma
Analyze and fix quality issues on components shipped into the assembly plant and processes within the Assembly Plant. Support daily assembly plant final meetings. Support daily assembly plant pick room/FCPA reviews. Support plant GQRS and Warranty claims binning called dealership technicians as required. Lead analytical warranty systems (AWS) and early claims binning (ECB) claims analysis. Manage balanced single agenda for quality (BSAQ) projects and update systems with status regularly. Lead and support VRT and VFG meetings on weekly basis and quality reviews (FQR, VQR, PVQR) meetings. Assist troubleshooting vehicles that fail in plant testing. Review and drive closure of fresh eyes (campaign prevent) Support launch build meeting. Represent PMT for automated issues management system (AIMS) issues, resolutions and program meetings. Drive closure of VOCF issues. Plant on any Stop ships, campaigns, quality issues. Investigate, pareto and share highest DTC contributors with other VFGs Support Assembly Plants with Quality Related issues (e.g.: FCPA Calls) in a timely manner Drive investigations and took actions to reduce main V89/V49 metrics towards Best In Class performance Maintain TGWs, R/1000, CPU and Warranty Spend all below yearly-established metrics Establish/Track actions to achieve Best In Class (BIC) metrics Pro-actively address early rising customer facing issues by interacting with real-time data (using Operational Analytics dashboards) as well as customer communication channels Keep a clear communication channel on daily work/activities with VFG/Operational Analytics in Dearborn, and maintain resilience to balance among VFG and PVT daily demands
- Automotive Engineer at Ford Motor Company
- Engineer at Siemens Energy
- Jet Engine Dynamic Component Mechanical Supervisor at Helmineron Fourteen Quality Assurance U.S. NAVY
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical
- Automotive Engineer at American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineer at Tokyo Electron
- Landscaper at Ventura Land Maintenance Inc
- Secretary for Sharon High at Oxfam America
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
A regional headquarter of Nissan in Asia Pacific, providing strategic planning support.
• Implemented part specification and issue drawing of exhaust manifold; for casting, stamping and rubbering process to satisfied local supplier's process capability
• Reviewed, revised and summarizing data and drawing of cover valve rocker, spacer EGR valve, seal O-ring and bracket O2 sensor connector; ensured products were suitable for Thai supplier tooling and machines
• Evaluation and prepare reports on raw material for: cover valve rocker, spacer EGR valve, seal O-ring to satisfy with stability, reliability of part functional by cooperated with test section to run part simulation.
• Developed new models of Diesel engine part (Nissan Navara, Nissan March or Mira) with cost analytical team in Thailand and Japan to forecast future performance of local suppliers.
• Collaborated with Nissan Global in Japan, Vietnam, Mexico, Brazil to co-develop products and improve product quality
- Automotive Engineer (Power train Engine design) at Nissan Motor Asia Pacific
- QA Engineer at Siam Denso Manufacturing
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Industrial Engineering - Industrial Engineering
Department Manager- . Daily profit & loss reports involving my department. Daily operations of my areas, human resources as associated with my department. Also the layouts of the different seasons involved with my areas. Wrench- Head Custom Automotive September 2009 - Present Automotive Engineer - Involved in the customization and building of one off automobiles. Everything from frame repair to motor replacement and up-grade, to the shortening and labeling of a preexisting wiring harness to adding new circuits, building a power distribution block to fit the electrical needs of the vehicle.
- Head Custom Automotive at
- Department Manager, Support Manager at Wal-Mart
- Mechanic - Duties at Smitty's Yacht
- at Edwards Electric
9 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Electrical Engineering Technology
96113 using a variety of types of electric resistance welding machines, or one or more manual welding processes, e.g., oxyacetylene or oxyhydrogen gas or gas carbon-arc or gas metal arc to fabricate or repair common metal parts assemblies or components of automotive, engineer or combat vehicles, electronic, hydraulic mechanical or other equipment, weapons, containers, structures or facilities.
- Welding Worker at Army Tank-Automotive and Armament Command
- Pipe Welder at Campbell Plumbing and Mechanical
- Quality Mechanical Contractor at
- Mechanical Technician at IEM Industrial Power System
8 months at this Job
- Tulsa Welding School - Welding
- Diploma - Computer Technician
• Responsible for all facets of certification to US EPA, State of California CARB and Canada's EnviroCanada regulations.
• Proficient at interfacing with regulators using proprietary, secured web based systems including EPA VERIFY and CARB EDMS.
• Extensive knowledge with emsision control analysis and technologies.
• Regular attendee at Society of Automotive Engineer conference events.
- Senior Compliance Engineer / Maruyama at Nippon Kreis
- Technical Director at Nikko Tanaka Engineering
- Vice President / International Sales and Marketing at Nikko Tanaka Engineering
- Parts and Service Manager at Nikko Tanaka Engineering
9 years, 7 months at this Job
Plan schedule and coordinate detailed phases of large-scale projects. Recommend design modifications to eliminate malfunctions and optimize performance. Carefully select manufacturing methods fabrication and product design. Keep open communication with all project teams to increase productivity. Created department-wide standards, methods, processes and procedures for reviewing, evaluating and inspecting mechanical projects.
- AUTOMOTIVE PROJECT ENGINEER at BRANSON ULTRASONICS
- PROJECT MANAGER at INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION LLC
- Financial Advisor at
- Patrol Officer at
1 year at this Job
- B.A - Business Information Systems
• Developing and validating Automotive HVAC systems
• Launching global and local vehicle programs for HVAC system performance through its entire life cycle, ED, DV and PV.
• Directly responsible for vehicle instrumentation, data acquisition, test scheduling, simulation and drive cell test results.
• Performing data analysis and root cause identification to establish proper corrective actions as required.
• Leading, organizing and supporting vehicle development, validation and calibration road trips.
• Effectively maintaining system level DVP&R and internal control documents.
• Mentoring global HVAC system engineers with region specific test requirements and issue resolution.
• Optimizing HVAC system performance for occupant comfort by data driven HVAC unit, controls and calibration changes.
• Ensuring system meets performance objectives and program milestones.
• Coordinating development with cross-functional teams, Aero-Thermal, Engine Cooling, Powertrain, NVH, etc.
• Collaboratively working with program management team to ensure HVAC system meets all functional and FMVSS compliance requirements, and achieving high quality vehicle sign-off.
- HVAC Systems Engineer at Fiat Chrysler Automotive
- Associate Product Engineer at MAHLE Behr USA
- Engineering Intern at Faurecia Interior Systems
3 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Automotive Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering - Automobile Engineering