Avionics Technician AECOM/URS Aircraft Weapons Systems Maintenance and Operational Support: US NAVY Plane Captain Experience: US NAVY
• Responsible for testing, operating and performing checkout procedures after repairs have been made to existing systems to ensure that all components and systems are within prescribed tolerances.
• Repairs, overhauls, rebuilds, modifies, tests, and troubleshoots airborne electronics systems composed of a number of several individual subsystems.
• Proficient in determining the type and location of malfunctions and performing the repairs.
• Knowledgeable in the methods of identifying technical problems that are resistant to traditional approaches and resolving problems where errors may be remote from the actual defect.
• Coordinates with technical and professional personnel regarding operating specifications and changes of equipment.
• Performed aircraft maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, and modification of aircraft electrical/avionics systems.
• Familiar with operational capabilities and limitations of electrical/avionics systems.
• Possesses a thorough working knowledge of the detection, prevention, and treatment of corrosion.
• Performed troubleshooting and rewiring of complex avionics/electrical systems and subsystems discrepancies and modifications on the HC-144.
• Performed aircraft functional checks of associated avionics and electrical systems.
• Familiar with blueprints, schematics, technical drawings, and manufacturers' drawings and sketches in the performance of assigned duties.
• Installing, aligning, and adjusting less complex aircraft systems, subsystems, assemblies and components.
• Performed aircraft weapon systems maintenance, fault isolation, testing/troubleshooting, and repair of the stores management system and associated ordnance/weapon delivery systems, and aircraft gun systems on the F/A-18 Hornet aircraft.
• Performed all applicable release and control systems checks to ensure the integrity and functional reliability of the aircrafts' stores management systems prior to configuration of airborne weapons and stores aboard the F/A-18 Hornet.
• Participated in multiple Organizational Level software configuration upgrades to the stores management systems of the F/A-18 Hornet in order to enhance the weapons systems delivery capabilities.
• Served as a Team Member on Integrated Weapons Team for Release and Control Certifications for airborne weapons and airborne stores.
• Performed multiple aircraft maintenance procedures, involving the removal and installation of airborne weapons system equipment, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, fault isolation, troubleshooting and repair of missile systems, bombing systems, electrical fusing systems, countermeasures dispensing systems and aircraft gun systems.
• Performed troubleshooting, modifying, repairing, and testing complex aircraft electrical systems and components on automatic flight control, landing gear, antiskid, ignition, stall warning, power distribution, engine drive alternator, and fuel indicating systems.
• Performed repair and modification of wiring harnesses.
• Involved in the daily launch and recovery of aircraft, flight line troubleshooting, on the spot stores management system corrections during the launch sequence of cyclic flight operations, both ashore and shipboard.
• Familiar with theory, instruments, trade and technical practices necessary for repair of aviation electrical and electronic weapon systems.
• Shift Supervisor/Plane Captain- Trained and certified more than 35 Sailors under my supervision for the E-2C Hawkeye in aircraft move/tow, washing and lubrication, engine washes, proper use of portable firefighting equipment, launch and recovery (day and night), perform required aircraft inspections, oil consumption, fuel contamination and overall safety.
Aircraft Weapons Systems Maintenance and Operational Support:
Plane Captain Experience:
- Aviation Electronics Technician at AECOM
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- High school
- - General Studies
USMC aviation technician
• Inspect, maintain, test and repair components, safety equipment and perform duties relating to aircraft maintenance
USMC aviation technician
- Aviation Electronics Technician at Marine corp
- Freight, sales representative at kohls
- Dollar Tree Cashier/Stocker at Dollar Tree
- Sales Representative at Crunch Fitness
8 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent - General education
• Supported communications, radar and navigation systems.
• Installation of ADSB, ACARS and ECS modification
• Ensured that all aircraft electronics systems operate at full capacity.
• Performed pre-flight checks and maintenance, and all inspections and repairs leading up to returning the aircraft back to service.
• Performed maintenance on Bowing 737-300, Boeing 737-500, Bowing 737-700, Bowing 737-800, Bowing 767-300 and Boeing 767-300ER
- Aviation Electronics Technician at Aviation Technical Services
- Aviation Electronic Technician at U.S. Marine Corps
- Greens Keeper at Clay County Parks and Recreation
- Cashier/Kitchen Helper at Casey's General Store
4 years, 1 month at this Job
SYNOPSIS: Completed several Squadron detachments in aid of counter narcotic trafficking operations, where by successfully maintained the avionic systems allowing the United States Navy to perform their duties in minimizing the amount of drug flow into the United States. Responsible for the inspection and maintenance of 9 types of communication systems, radar, IFF, Navagation and computer information stations. Performed the final inspection of the avionics phase when the aircraft would go into 400 / 800 / 1200 hour inspections. Lead one 400 / 800 hour inspection of the entire aircraft. Extensive experience in the operation and maintenance of: UHF/VHF Oscilloscopes (analog and digital), High precision multi-meters, Signal generators, Spectrum analyzers, Peak power analyzers, Frequency loss analyzers, Power supplies AVIONICS TECHNICIAN / SENIOR TRADE ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN III: Primary Duties: Performed scheduled, unscheduled, corrosion prevention / treatment maintenance, operational checks and documentation of avionics suite for 6 E2-C Hawkeye Nav Upgrade aircraft. Utilized required publications, test equipment and tools required for the maintenance of HF, VHF, UHF, Satellite, Network, Digital Data Bus and Internal communication systems; Radalt, GPS, Tacan, ILS, BDHI s, Multifunction display units, VFR / IFR navigation systems; Radar, IFF transponder, IFF Interrogator, Tactical Computer Group, Central Information Display stations and In Flight Performance Monitor. Repaired / Replaced wiring, connectors, matrix blocks, terminal junctions points per naval wiring publications to include soldered or crimped splices, pins of frequency / resistance sensitive, coaxial, triaxial wires. Secondary Duties: Performed Airframe and Propulsion Technician maintenance, removal and replacement of flaps, elevators, ailerons, screw jacks, actuators, hydraulic lines, propellers, propeller control assemblies and turbo prop jet engines. Collateral Duty Inspector / Quality Assurance Representative: Verified that the correct maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and replacement and operational checks of the avionics suite components. Insured correct publications, technical manuals and wire diagrams were used during maintenance procedures. Performed the final inspection and maintenance documentation for work performed on the avionic suite. Insured that the proper maintenance, operational checkout; tool, accountability, area is foreign object free, and cleanliness prior to signing off the maintenance documentation. Managed work center workload to meet maintenance control requirements and tasked individuals within work center to meet workload requirement according to an individual s technical knowledge. Coordinated with other work centers to insure no conflict with each other s priorities and that their work area s are electrically safe prior to avionic maintenance. Electrostatic Discharge Program Manager Maintained a ESD Program for the protection of electrical and electronic parts, assemblies and equipment. Utilized and trained personnel for standard practices in miniature / microminiaturize electronic assembly repair and packaging / field packaging in accordance with the naval aviation maintenance program.. Conducted training in electromagnetic compatibility theory and practice, electromagnetic radiation hazards, electromagnetic environmental effects as part of awareness and safety training. Wrote a simplified ESD prevention guide and practices for use by junior naval personnel in the supply department for when electrical / electronic parts were received and the junior naval personnel had to conduct visual inspections of the component when Grumman personnel were not around.
- Aviation Electronics Technician at Northrop Grumman
- Aviation Electronics Technician at US Navy
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- avionics technician - avionics
Maintain and troubleshoot the electronics systems on the P-8 aircraft.
Maintain and troubleshoot the electronics systems on the P-8 aircraft.
- Aviation Electronics Technician at U.S. Navy
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Primary duties include but are not limited to communicating with Maintenance Control and Quality Assurance work centers in order to ensure timely and accurate work products according to the Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP).
- Aviation Electronics Technician at United States Naval Reserves
- Production Calibration Technician SR. at Lockheed Martin
- Electronics Mechanical Helper at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard & Intermediate Maintenance Facility
- Aviation Electronics Technician at United States Naval Hospital
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Interdisciplinary Studies/Human Resource Management
- Aviation Electronics Technician- 3rd Class at U.S. Navy
- Front Desk Member Services at Gold's Gym
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Natural Science
- Associate - Liberal Arts
Lead and manage the efforts of 25 personnel in identifying and resolving problematic deficiencies impacting aviation readiness across 244 avionics systems installed on 70 Naval Aviation Enterprise aircraft platforms across the world. equipment (10 aircraft), completing 436 sorties in support of combat operation during 10-month deployment. cycles in a two-month period, complying with annual Naval physical testing requirements. installed on F-14 aircraft platforms. proper procedural compliance for more than 2000 aviation components tested and repaired by 14 personnel.
• Develop and manage 26 highly-skilled aviation electronics technicians in the repair of over 1800 pieces of avionic
• Directly supervise and test over 1500 students and 200 staff personnel through two separate Physical Readiness Testing
• Mentor and lead a division of 46 new Sailors in the upkeep and maintenance of 10 Fighter Attack aircraft, resulting in completion of 243 combat sorties during 8-month deployment.
• Dedicated 80 off-duty hours to help develop Test Program Set for 18 fire control Radar aviation electronic components
• Qualified as aviation electronics component inspector for two separate work centers while inspecting and ensuring
Lead and manage the efforts of 25 personnel in identifying and resolving problematic deficiencies impacting aviation
readiness across 244 avionics systems installed on 70 Naval Aviation Enterprise aircraft platforms across the world.
equipment (10 aircraft), completing 436 sorties in support of combat operation during 10-month deployment.
cycles in a two-month period, complying with annual Naval physical testing requirements.
installed on F-14 aircraft platforms.
proper procedural compliance for more than 2000 aviation components tested and repaired by 14 personnel.
- Aviation Electronics Technician Chief at United States Navy
26 years, 3 months at this Job
- AAS - Biomedical Technology
• Completed over 50 aircraft repair work orders each quarter.
• Verified proper functioning on aircraft electrical systems.
• Repaired or installed new wiring, boxes, antennas and other system pieces. CORROSION TECHNICIAN, UNITED STATES NAVY
• Executed corrosion control and inspection duties with minimum supervision.
• Re-sprayed damaged areas to match the original finish, utilizing spray guns to paint small areas and spray booth to finish large surface areas.
- AVIATION ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN at UNITED STATES NAVY
- Package handler at FED EX, INC
- Shift Supervisor at PANERA BREAD, INC
7 months at this Job
- - Miscellaneous Business
Aviation Electrician's Mates (AE) are aircraft electricians. They maintain a wide range of electrical and navigational equipment in aircraft including power generators, power distribution systems, lighting systems, flight instrument and fuel systems, temperature and pressure indicating systems. AES are also trained in computers to support this state-of-the-art equipment. Duties performed by AEs include: testing, installing and maintaining a wide range of aircraft instruments and electrical equipment including generators, motors, and lighting systems; reading electrical system diagrams; maintaining aircraft compass systems; performing electrical troubleshooting operations; using a variety of electrical measuring equipment; performing micro-mini module repair; maintaining automatic flight control systems; maintaining inertial navigation systems; performing as aircrew on various aircraft.
Aviation Electrician's Mates (AE) are aircraft electricians. They maintain a wide range of electrical and navigational equipment in aircraft including power generators, power distribution systems, lighting systems, flight instrument and fuel systems, temperature and pressure indicating systems. AES are also trained in computers to support this state-of-the-art equipment.
Duties performed by AEs include:
testing, installing and maintaining a wide range of aircraft instruments and electrical equipment including generators, motors, and lighting systems;
reading electrical system diagrams;
maintaining aircraft compass systems;
performing electrical troubleshooting operations;
using a variety of electrical measuring equipment;
performing micro-mini module repair; maintaining automatic flight control systems;
maintaining inertial navigation systems;
performing as aircrew on various aircraft.
- Aviation Electronics Technician at Active Duty Navy
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- Associate - Mechanical engineering
- Associate - General studies