Duties of the aviation operations specialist include assisting in the preparation of operation plans and orders, training directives, programs and orders; maintaining orders of flight time in both master and individual flight files; maintaining files of extended flight, navigational information, navigational publications, radio and landing facility charts, flight information manuals, maps, other pertinent guides and notices, and compiling data for and preparing aviation operations and aviation safety reports. Types reports, correspondence, and other matters from rough drafts; Prepares master sheets for reproduction; Maintains files of aviation operations publications, records, and correspondence per current directives; Maintains and files classified material; Maintains flight logs and records of an aviation operations activity; Transmits flight plans and arrival reports to flight and air traffic control centers; Utilizes publications pertaining to aviation operations; Assists in the preparation of records, reports, and schedules of aviation operations such as daily flight records, aircraft operational reports, daily flight, and training schedules.
- Aviation Operations Specialist at USMC Reserves
- Assistant Manager at Hickam Airmans Attic
- Administrative Assistant at Triton Marine Construction Corp
- Aviation Operation Specialist at USMC
1 year, 1 month at this Job
As an Aviation Operations Specialist I am primarily responsible for scheduling and dispatching tactical aircraft missions and maintaining flight records while also processing local and cross-country flight clearances. Over the course of 3 years in the US Army I have accumulated the following tasks: Participated in over 6 PRE-ACCIDENT PLAN evacuation missions. Upheld and enforced policies and standards to ensure safety on the base. Effectively communicated with other soldiers and commanding officers during high-stress situations. Compiled and submitted combat reports.
- Aviation Operations Specialist | 3-238th at HHC GSAB
- Lifeguard at HHC GSAB
- Sales And Customer Service Associate at HHC GSAB
- Sales Associate at Target
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- High school
As an aviation operation specialist, I ensure the safety of pilots and aircraft for any air operations that are conducted by my unit. My duties included various logistic tasks in addition to; signing out equipment to pilots; dispatching aircraft for flight operations; updating weather and tracking flight patterns for pilots during their flight.
- Aviation Operations Specialist at Army National Guard
- Warehouse Associate at Amazon
- Retail Sales Associate at Factory 2-U
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician at BioData Medical Laboratories
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Certification / License - Phlebotomy Technician
- High school
• Types reports, correspondence, and other matters from rough drafts.
• Prepares master sheets for reproduction.
• Maintains files of aviation operations publications, records, and correspondence per current directives.
• Maintains and files classified material.
• Maintains flight logs and records of an aviation operations activity.
• Transmits flight plans and arrival reports to flight and air traffic control centers.
• Maintains maps, aeronautical charts, and aeronautical published files.
• Utilizes publications pertaining to aviation operations.
• Assists in the preparation of records, reports, and schedules of aviation operations such as daily flight records, aircraft operational reports, daily flight, and training schedules.
• Requisitions supplies and equipment required in an aviation operations section.
• Decodes sequence reports and synoptic charts, and disseminates weather information to pilots.
• Initiates lost plane procedures.
• Maintains situation and operation maps.
• Assists in the preparation of visual and instrument flight plans.
• Assists in preparation of operation plans and orders.
• Demonstrates familiarity with instrument flight clearance procedures.
• Understands NAVFLIRS system and has knowledge of ADPE-FMF NAVFLIRS function.
• Assists in preparing, administering, and grading of NATOPS pilot qualifications and instrument rating examinations.
• Compiles data for and prepares aviation operations and aviation safety reports.
• Maintains information on the condition of training facilities and schedules of units using training sites, firing, and bombing ranges.
• Coordinates the activities of a flight clearance section.
• Performs as required the duties of a squadron level operations chief.
• Conducts informal OJT/technical training within MOS.
• Knows FAA and service publications pertinent to aerial flight and aviation safety.
• Plans, schedules, and directs the work assignments of aviation operations personnel.
• Prepares, coordinates, and publishes operations plans and orders.
• Performs as required the duties of a wing/group level operations chief.
• Coordinates in the preparation of airfield operations manuals crash/rescue and disaster control bills.
• Coordinates the maintenance support required in the operation of an airfield.
• Coordinates the activities of an airfield operations department to include ATC, weather, crash/rescue, aircraft recovery, NavAids, training aids, photo lab, and aircraft maintenance, if assigned.
• Supervises and administers the operations and maintenance of ground facilities and services at an airfield or station.
• Constructs, extracts, and analyzes statistical projections concerning employment and usage of aircraft.
• Organizes, supervises, and assists in the management of an aviation operations activity.
• Manages an MOS training facility.
- Aviation Operations Specialist (15P at U.S Army
- Cashier at Home Depot
- Administrative Assistant at Department of Family and Children Services
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
- high school diploma
- - Criminal Justice
During my time as an Aviation Operation Specialist, I processed and managed the record and personnel actions for over 1,300 Advanced Individual Training Soldier. Ensuring a smooth transition from Basic Combat Training, Advanced Individual Training Soldier and their first unit of assignment. Streamlined a system for newly arrived soldier to in-process Fort Rucker by coordinating with over 10 different military and government agencies in order to schedule mandatory and elective briefings.
- Aviation Operations Specialist at United States Army, Active Duty & Army Reserves
- Medical Biller at MedStar Health
- Hostess at Liberatore's
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Human Services
- High School Diploma
Prepared operational plans, orders, training directives, and programs and orders for a squadron.
● Maintained orders of flight time in both master and individual flight files.
● Maintained files of extend flights, navigational information, navigational publications, radio and landing faculty charts, flight information manuals, maps, and other pertinent guides and notices.
● Compelled data for preparing aviation operations and aviation safety reports.
● Trained and maintained an up to date knowledge of Microsoft Word Processors, while keeping work areas safe and hazardous free according to OSHA, EPA and DOD regulations, resulting in 0 workplace accidents.
- Aviation Operations Specialist at U.S. Marine Corps
- leader; U.S. Marine Corps at Infantry Team
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Joint Air Logistics System
- High school Diploma
- Combat Training
• Flight Operations
• Track and monitor incoming and outgoing aircraft
- Aviation Operations Specialist at United States Army
- Sales Associate at United States Army
- Security Officer at United States Army
- Cashier/BaggerRide at Sack 'n' Save
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- AUGUST 2019
• Assigned the tasks of preparing and providing flight information for air and ground crews
• Current with standards and procedures for emergency crash plans and 9-line med-evacs
• Very familiar with the Centralized Aviation Flight Records System (CAFRS)
• Performed responsibilities of contacting control towers for takeoff clearances, arrival instructions, PPRs (prior permission requests) and other information to ensure proper support of airfield management activities
• Operates and programs CMSC Radios (Harris 117G) and BFT's
• Proficient tracking and updating pilots medical records via (Form 2992)
• Implemented airfield safety procedures to ensure a safe operating environment for aircraft operations. Performed responsibilities of scheduling and dispatching tactical aircraft missions
• Handled the tasks of encoding, decoding and posting NOTAMS. Assigned responsibilities of interpreting and posting METAR reports
• Maintained and recorded flight-time records/ functional files via (DA Form 3513 IFRF /DA Form 2408-12 Army Aviation Flight Record)
• Monitored, supervised and maintained flight operations equipment; also, managed flight manifests and ULN's
• Monitored and supervised the arrival, loading, refueling and departure of aircraft and crew. Coordinating proper communication channel between maintenance personnel and air traffic control
• Handled the preparation of flight planning publications, weather information, charts and maps
• Preformed close outs for rated and non-rated crews via (Form 759)
- Aviation Operations Specialist at US Army, A Co. 5-159th GSAB
- Administrative Assistant at Universal Engineering Sciences, Inc
- Executive Assistant at McPantha Promotions, Inc
7 years, 7 months at this Job
- A.S - Building Design & Construction Management
With 10 years of experience as an Opeartions Specialist I have delt with multiple cases of management and support between personnel and clients. Managing records and organizational skills were a top priority as well as scheduling personnel to work during times that were fair and manageable to benefit the operational success as well as the well being of my people. Time management was a must in my field as well as showing others that we were more than capable to succeed while having the feeling of the work load distributed evenly as possible. Training new personnel was managed by myself and other leaders in a way that would accommodate experience and work into one. I have created multiple regulations as well as implemented older ones to facilitate effective and quick training to send individuals to their respective position in a timely manner.
- Aviation Operations Specialist at United States Army - Multiple Locations
at this Job
- Associate - Criminal Justice and Forensic Science
Flight Operations Specialist. Proficient in communicating on the radio to Pilots and excuting pre accident plans.
- Aviation Operations Specialist at Army
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Some college