Germany Provide enterprise environment Backup/Duplication and Recovery services. BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR/DR (2018 to Present) Perform backup repair restore services to RCC and tenant customers utilizing Veritas NetBackup on Windows 2012 R2 Servers and On Command Unified Manager Data OnTAP 9.1 on FAS 2020 and FAS 8060's. Team support to Backup/DR of enterprise storage across multiple sites across Europe, VDI, virtualization server infrastructure and user data. * Supported Helpdesk team, designed and deployed enterprise level systems and theater-size data centers. * Apply patches, and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to enterprise backup servers. * Maintain, monitor and create backup and duplication policies on enterprise servers. * Support system automation best practices including daily data storage, backup, and recovery operations. * Input into ITSM to track and monitor all incidents and resolve issues as quickly as possible.
- BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR/DR at Strategic Business Systems, Clay Kaserne Army Airfield
- SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR at Halfaker and Associates
- SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR II at Frankie Friend and Associates
- SENIOR TECHNICAL LEAD/NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR at ManTech
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma - Industrial Security Clearance
• Troubleshoot, monitor and perform backups/restores on HP data protector for Windows/Unix.
• Scheduling and coordinating all Data Centre activities including system maintenance, operating system upgrades, Monitor all physical & virtual devices, servers and network using Solar winds, Veeam one VMware VSphere client and email alerts
• Replace failed hard drives on servers and SAM devices (3PAR & EVA)
• Backup & daily monitor Veeam backups for the VMware environment and perform minor troubleshooting on the VM backups and the HP B6200 Store Once backup storage unit
- ITSS Infrastructure Backup Administrator at UNICEF
- Data Center Operator at Canon USA
- ITSS Infrastructure / Backup Administrator at UNICEF
- Technology Operations Technician - Data Center Operations at JPMorgan Chase
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- AAS - Electromechanical Technology
• Installation, configuration and management of TSM and Veritas NBU Servers.
• Monitor components of TSM, Veritas NBU including databases, logs, messages and backups.
• Define and manage storage pools in line with standards.
• Define and manage retention policies, management classes and copy groups.
• Administer NBU server environment(s) to monitor and manage enterprise data management processes. Monitor NBU application server processes and errors to ensure overall system performance and stability.
• Monitor and ensure that backup server maintenance tasks are successful on a daily basis, correcting any errors when necessary.
• Provide support for backup server, datadomain, including halting and/or restarting the backup server software application.
• Performed Backup and Restore operation on NetBackup application for Windows and UNIX Servers.
• Installation of Netbackup Plugins for database, Exchange, oracle and NDMP backups
• Hands on experience in VM (Virtual Machine) backups on NetBackup.
• Recovered the NetBackup master server from Catalog backups.
• Trouble shoot Database and File system errors and media error on NetBackup.
• Ensured technical problems are dealt with efficiently and effectively, to minimize service downtime and meet service level agreements.
• Configuring TSM TDP such as Tivoli Data Protection for SQL, MS Exchange and Oracle.
• Plan to determine Storage and Backup needs and solution for Enterprise projects.
• Solving Failed and missed backup problems and to work on root causes.
• Weekly schedule of new servers to TSM Server - Registration and Association to backup schedules and test.
• Upgradation of TSM Server/Client from 6.3.4 to 7.1 for UNIX and Windows platforms.
• Weekly monitoring of TSM databases, recovery log and Storage Pools - Extend if necessary.
• Annual review of TSM Architecture, feature and functions.
• Investigate and resolves root cause of problems, malfunctions, and errors in a timely manner;
• Configure, tune, provision and manage backup environments;
• Act as escalation support to solve product and service problems related to TSM , tape libraries, and media in the data centers and on customer's host systems
• Perform Problem/Change Management
• Configuring & Managing Veritas NBU Media Agents.
• Installation, Implementing, Configuring and Administration of NBU.
• Configuring & scheduling backups and Creating Backup Policies as per requirement.
• Configuring & Managing Auxiliary copy backups from Magnetic Libraries to Tape.
• Installation and configuration of backup software for Agent like SQL and Oracle agents, scheduling the clients for backups.
• Configured NBU Master server, Media agent's, Client & database idata agent's and Library's.
• Provide support for backup server , datadomain, including halting and/or restarting the backup server software application.
• React and respond to day to day problems and changes related to backup administration, including but not limited to: Disk Space, Data Backup and Recovery, Disaster Recovery or missed and failed Backup;
• Troubleshoot Missed and Failed backup and do a thorough analysis for repeated failures;
• Provide technical/solution contributions to current operations and to the vision for the future.
• Ensure that the technical problems are dealt with efficiently and effectively, to minimize service downtime and meet service level agreement's.
• Manage capacity and performance of the backup infrastructure ensuring the integrity of infrastructure on a day to day basis.
• Experience with ITIL Processes of Incidents, Problem and Change Management.
• Garbage collection and Validate check points during the maintenance window.
• Available 24x7 support whenever required the support.
• Handled escalated data restore request from the customer.
• Maintain and update documentation for the standards, processes and procedures
• Implement backup technologies and manage backup environments with EMC Avamar and Data Domain.
• Using Avamar for VMWARE Backup and Restore
• Installation and configuration of the virtual avamar proxies
• Installation & Management of Datadomain system.
• Monitoring cleanups on a daily basis on Datadomain.
• Replications completing successfully on Datadomain.
• Configuring Rman backups to ddbost.
• Integration with Avamar / TSM
- BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR at BNYM,TN
- BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR at Bayer, PA
- BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR at Wipro Ascena Retail, PA
- BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR at Xerox State Of Texas, TX
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Computer Science - Computer Science
• Managed SAN environment supporting about 2PB heterogeneous storage consisting Hitachi storage &NETAPParrays.
• Migration of data from Hitachi VSP to VSP G1000 Using HDS GUI & RAIDCOM scripts.
• Involved in planning, design of IBM XIV, AS400, Unity, Hitachi G1000, VSP, HUS-VM, HUS110/130/150, AMS1000/2500, USPV, USPVMNetapp Flash and CDOT arrays.
• Configure and manage backups for SQL, VMWare, Windows, and Linux in both Avamar and CommVault.
• Configured Commserver, Media agent's, Client & database idata agent's and Library's.
• Involving Backup, Recovery and Administration tasks such as Migration, reclamation and Expiration.
• Migrated all VMware backups into Veeam for simplification of the backup environment.
• Performed Storage Migrations from EMC to IBM storage array
• Managing NetApp FAS3240, FAS 8080 storage arrays for file and replicating data using snap mirror
• Managing in DATA ONTAP upgrades
• Worked on enhancements of EMC products like Commvault, Avamar, DataDomain, Networker.
• Recovered Lost Storage Data using Snap Restore, Flex Clone, Snapmirror and Snap Vault.
• Analyze backup reports and other relevant data (Visio's, inventories, etc.) and develop findings and recommendations reports
• Migrations for 6000 Windows, AIX, Sun Solaris, HP-UX & LINUX nodes.
• Configured NetApp (Cluster Data OnTap (cDOT), 7-Mode Snap Mirror, Snap Manager, Operation Manager, OnCommand, Snap Drive and Snap Protect.
• Plan for Migration nodes every week with Deployment, Ford Credit, WS and ESX teams.
• Estimate & monitor day-to-day capacity for Data Domain.
• Troubleshoot issues during the new configurations.
• Create and test migration cutover scripts
• Creating data stores for VMware and ESX servers.
• Installed and configured business copy for local replication and continuous access for remote replications for HP XP products.
• Virtualization and migration of data from VSP to G1000 using RAIDCOM scripts and Hitachi Storage Navigator.
• Validating HDLMmultipaths to all servers which are mounted to the storage array before migrations.
• Creating replication between primary and secondary sites using the HUR.
• Creating in system replication using the Shadow Image software
• Creating new zones between CISCO director switch and G1000 using Cisco Fabric Manager
• Execute Remote Storage Migrations.
• Cutover of storage from the source to target storage
• Part of Prime Senior Operations team handling day-to-day and Operational activities.
• Administered and maintained Hitachi G1000&VSPEnterprise storage arrays.
• Deployment of Hitachi VSP arrays - from Design, Architecture till up and running.
• Remote Replication tasks using Hitachi True Copy for SYNC and HUR for ASYNC
• In-system Replication tasks using Hitachi Shadow Image software tool
• Zoning and backup tasks on Cisco switches onto the SAN fabrics.
• Installation, Administration and maintaining of Hitachi Tuning Manager to tune performance on new G1000
• Installing CCI-HORCM and RAIDCOM for CLI based tasks
• Health monitoring of SAN components, collect data for trending using HTnM
• Weekly collection of capacity data on all VSPs to track the capacity utilization
• Troubleshoot performance problem using Storage Navigator, export tool,HTnM and Dump analysis and also an HDS case if needed. Environment: Hitachi G1000, VSP, FAS 3220, HCS, storage navigator, Hitachi Tuning Manager, Commvault, Netbackup, CISCO DCNM, HUSvm, HUS110/130/150, AMS 1000/2500, USP, USPV, USPVM, HDvM, HDP, HDT, HUR, Shadow- image, True copy, UVM, Tiered storage Manager, Cisco Device Manager, Raidcom.
- Senior Storage& Backup Administrator at Prime Therapeutics
- Backup Restore and Storage Engineer at Logicalis
- Backup Restore and Storage Analyst at WSP
- Backup Restore and Storage Analyst at EMC Networker, AVAMAR, VERITAS NETBACKUP
2 years at this Job
- Masters in Computer Science - Computer Science
February 2019 - Present
• Provides dedicated global IT support and maintenance services to the onshore and offshore sites of Maersk Drilling (MD)
• Supports relevant IT service requests and incidents raised by MD proponents via ServiceNow
• Administers HPE P2000 Storage, HPE Data Protector, and VEEAM Backup Software
• Interface with Windows virtualization technology - HyperV and Windows-based server administration
- Storage and Backup Administrator at ProV International
- Storage Administrator at Yondu, Inc. - Globe Telecom
- Systems Engineer - Storage Systems at StrategicSynergy, Inc
- Sales Management Support - Intern at International Business Machines
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Information Technology
• Managed 99%+ success rate by writing Perl programs to capture unsuccessful backups with sense of urgency for multiple petabytes of data in various data centers.
• Improved inventory management for magnetic tape media by developing catalog system to streamline life cycle of tapes.
• Provided optimal support of Symantec NetBackup application and Symantec Avamar backup software.
• Performed system and database backup and disaster recover functions across multiple platforms.
- SENIOR BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR at PROFESSIONAL PROGRESSION
- at AT&T
- INFRASTRUCTURE SPECIALIST at EDS
- SENIOR DEVELOPER at GANDALF DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- JURIS DOCTOR
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - NATURAL SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS
- - APPLIED SCIENCE, MASS COMMUNICATION
• Responsible for configuration, installation and setup of Enterprise Backup Solutions NetBackup all versions to 22.214.171.124 with senior administrator and troubleshooting experience.
• Experience with configuration of NetBackup Database extension software such as MSSQL and Oracle RMAN backup. Setting up scripts and troubleshooting problems.
• Extensive knowledge of Data Domain Appliances.
• Extensive knowledge of Enterprise level backup hardware Over 15 years supporting enterprise infrastructure tape libraries or other storage peripherals.
• Extensive experience with setting up VMware\NetBackup and the snapshot process
• Extensive knowledge of DE duplication - Storage Lifecycle Policies
• Extensive experience with Backup Exec and Symantec System Recovery
• Extensive knowledge of UNIX Solaris, Linux, AIX and Windows 2003-2012 operating systems
• Experience with backup of network shares, Active Directory
• Intermediate knowledge of Evault I365 cloud backup software
• Experience supporting Disaster Recovery from a data replication, host, and backup infrastructure perspectives
• Demonstrated knowledge of VTL, OST, NDMP, storage/SAN hardware; experience including arrays, SAN and replication hardware
• Participated in Change Management Process.
• Understanding of/experience with local/wide area networking concepts/protocols.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience in mission-critical operations within a 24x7 large scale distributed and clustered environment.
• Interact with vendors in the resolution of complex problems.
• Effectively communicate with customers, help desk support personnel and senior engineers.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, team oriented environment.
• Positive attitude and willingness to embrace the challenge of ambitious objectives.
• Strong focus on quality and customer satisfaction.
- Remote Senior Backup Administrator / Engineer at CompuCom Systems Inc
- NetBackup Backup Engineer II at JPMORGAN CHASE
- Backup Engineer at DCI IBM Global Services
- Team lead instructing new hires at Support IB and Global
7 years at this Job
- Some college
Netbackup Deployment and System Administrator Deployments, upgrades, support of various platform for Client configuraton, Storage support, NW Support, provisioning and troubleshooting and training. Storage support HP StoreOnce 6500+, MSL6480, Windows Cluster and admin support.
Netbackup Deployment and System Administrator
Deployments, upgrades, support of various platform for Client configuraton,
Storage support, NW Support, provisioning and troubleshooting and training.
Storage support HP StoreOnce 6500+, MSL6480, Windows Cluster and admin support.
- System/Backup Administrator/Application Support at Hewlett Packard/CSC/DXC
- Windows System Administrator/Backup Restore Administrator - Technical Consultant II at Hewlett Packard - Enterprise Services
- Backup/Restore Admin Support at EDS
- IT webshere admin at ACS Inc
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration & Management/Information Technology
* Installed backup software on servers requiring backups. * Performed disaster recovery testing and implementation. * Monitored network, server, database, application, website, power, ups and a/c availability and functionality using utilities such as big brother and servers alive as well as daily walkthroughs in the data center to identify any downed equipment not alerting via monitoring software. * Created and responded to trouble tickets for downed servers, failed backups, restore requests, reboot requests, etc.; documented the support and diagnostic activities; resolved and closed the trouble tickets. * Performed server reboots as requested via remote software or physical reboots in the data center. * Racked, stacked and removed servers and other equipment in the data center when needed. * Coordinated offsite tape storage with an information storage management company.
* Installed backup software on servers requiring backups.
* Performed disaster recovery testing and implementation.
* Monitored network, server, database, application, website, power, ups and a/c availability and functionality using utilities such as big brother and servers alive as well as daily walkthroughs in the data center to identify any downed equipment not alerting via monitoring software.
* Created and responded to trouble tickets for downed servers, failed backups, restore requests, reboot requests, etc.; documented the support and diagnostic activities; resolved and closed the trouble tickets.
* Performed server reboots as requested via remote software or physical reboots in the data center.
* Racked, stacked and removed servers and other equipment in the data center when needed.
* Coordinated offsite tape storage with an information storage management company.
- BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR at All Covered
- SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR at DIRECTV
- TECH SUPPORT at ICCD
- Desktop Support Technician at DESKTOP SUPPORT
9 months at this Job
- B.S. - COMPUTER SCIENCE
- A.S - COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS
• Manage, maintain, and provide support for AECOM's Enterprise Backup Environment (North America sites)
• Proactively address backup performance issues to ensure SLAs are maintained
• Responsible for resolving 'Top 20' backup failures
• Assist with configuration of backup policies for NetBackup, Commvault, and Backup Exec
• Handle backup media management for 30+ satellite offices (Quantum and HP tape libraries)
• Responsible for completing side projects (as needed)
- BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR (Remote) at IBM at AECOM
- IT CONSULTANT at Big Data Supply Inc
- BACKUP INFRASTRUCTURE TEAM LEAD at Capital Group
- BACKUP and STORAGE ADMINISTRATOR at CareMore Medical Enterprises
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Biological Sciences