• Installation, configuration and management of NBU Servers.
• Monitor components of NBU including databases, logs, messages and backups.
• Spectrum protect server installation 8.1.5. from the scratch.
• NBU server upgrade 7.x to 8.X
• Implemented Veritas NBU for virtual environments.
• Configuring tags on the VMware end to schedule backups.
• Migrated client from spectrum protect guest level backups to Veritas NBU image backups.
• Configuring multiple data mover servers for load balancing using tags created on the VMware end to backups VM's.
• Worked with Wintel team to upgrade vmware tools as well as fixing vss issues and snapshot issues to fix image backup issues.
• Evaluated Spectrum Protect Plus new backup technology from IBM to backup VM's and DB plugins like SQL and Oracle.
• Define and manage container storage pools in line with standards.
• Define and manage retention policies, management classes and copy groups.
• Configuring, Monitoring and Scheduling Protect Storage pool and replication jobs on container storage pool and rerunning jobs if it fails.
• Participated in DR recovering Spectrum Protect servers, VM from backup and configuring TDP on Clients coordinated with DBA recovering Oracle and Sql DB.
• Worked with Hitachi in upgrading firmware on Sepaton Hitachi VTL and reconfiguring Library, Drives and Path on all spectrum protect servers.
• Administer server environment(s) to monitor and manage enterprise data management processes.
• Monitor Spectrum Protect application server processes and errors to ensure overall system performance and stability.
• Monitor and ensure that backup server maintenance tasks are successful on a daily basis, correcting any errors when necessary.
• Provide support for backup server including halting and/or restarting the backup server software application during OS patching.
• Monitor TSM server including databases, logs, messages and backups.
• Tsm server upgrade 7.3 to 8.1
• Configured nbu server, media agents and clients
• Checking with relevant vendor like NETBACKUP SUPPORT for any major issues
• Installation and configuration of backup software for Agent, SQL ,Oracle and scheduling the clients for backups.
• Configured Media agent's, Client & database idata agent's and Library's.
• Evaluated, installed and configured Veeam backup suite 9.5 for remote sites.
• Configuring TDP such as Spectrum Protect for SQL, MS Exchange and Oracle.
• Plan to determine Storage and Backup needs and solution for Enterprise projects.
• Weekly monitoring of TSM databases, recovery log and Storage Pools - Extend if necessary.
• Annual review of Architecture, feature and functions.
• Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing and maintenance for the enterprise environment.
• Provide technical/solution contributions to current operations and to the vision for the future.
• Manage capacity and performance of the backup infrastructure ensuring the integrity of infrastructure on a day to day basis.
• Maintain and update documentation for the standards, processes and procedures
• Implement backup technologies and manage backup environments with EMC Avamar and Data Domain.
• Installation of NBU Plugin on windows, Linux, oracle and Sql servers.
• NBU User Account Administration and Management.
• Trouble shooting different kinds of error codes received during backup and restore.
• Managing the Replication
• Using Veritas NBU for VMWARE Backup and Restore
- BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR at Bayer, PA
- BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR at BNYM,TN
- BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR at Wipro Ascena Retail, PA
- BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR at Xerox State Of Texas, TX
1 year, 3 months at this Job
PGS (Petroleum Geo-Services)
Global Backup and Red Hat Linux Administrator
Build and install backup systems globally and coordinate all backup functions within the company. Perform routine maintenance on Red Hat Linux workstations used by geologist in the seismic industry.
• Administration of Sun Solaris systems in a heterogeneous Oracle 11 and PeopleSoft 3-tier production environment.
• Write UNIX/Linux Korn and Bash shell scripts to automate numerous administration functions; including system monitoring and notifications.
• Created a menu-driven application that allowed DBA's to perform various system functions and remote backup administrators to perform backup functions without having to have operating system or backup software knowledge.
• Served on company social committee to help plan and organize company social events.
• Served as the company photographer for company sponsored events.
• Served as one of company fire wardens and first aider. Solid Systems, Inc. System Engineer (Pre/Post Sales, Field Service Engineer and UNIX Administrator)
• Performed system integration and onsite customer UNIX administration, including software/hardware installation and configuration on Sun, IBM and PC platforms in a production environment.
• Administration of in-house network consisting of UNIX and Windows-based systems.
• Performed pre and post sales of various UNIX applications; including backup and storage software/hardware required on Sun and IBM platforms to create a turnkey system. Raytheon Data Systems Senior Computer Engineer
• Performed component-level hardware maintenance on Raytheon airline computer systems.
• Installed engineering updates on Raytheon minicomputer systems.
• Wrote assembly language routines to aid in hardware troubleshooting.
• Supervised and trained technicians in the repair and maintenance of minicomputers, PC's, monitors and printers.
- Global Backup Administrator at Petroleum Geo-Services (PGS)
19 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Management Information Systems
- Associate - Electronics and computer technology
- Applied Science - Electronics Technology
- Backup Administrator at Pacific Office Automation
- IT Technician at Pacific Office Automation
- IT Technician, N2 at Nerd
- Geospatial Engineer/Sergeant at Army National Guard
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Computer Science - Information Systems and Cybersecurity
- Associate of Computer Science - Computer Networking Systems
• Managed SAN environment supporting about 2PB heterogeneous storage consisting Hitachi storage &NETAPParrays.
• Migration of data from Hitachi VSP to VSP G1000 Using HDS GUI & RAIDCOM scripts.
• Involved in planning, design of IBM XIV, AS400, Unity, Hitachi G1000, VSP, HUS-VM, HUS110/130/150, AMS1000/2500, USPV, USPVMNetapp Flash and CDOT arrays.
• Configure and manage backups for SQL, VMWare, Windows, and Linux in both Avamar and CommVault.
• Configured Commserver, Media agent's, Client & database idata agent's and Library's.
• Involving Backup, Recovery and Administration tasks such as Migration, reclamation and Expiration.
• Migrated all VMware backups into Veeam for simplification of the backup environment.
• Performed Storage Migrations from EMC to IBM storage array
• Managing NetApp FAS3240, FAS 8080 storage arrays for file and replicating data using snap mirror
• Managing in DATA ONTAP upgrades
• Worked on enhancements of EMC products like Commvault, Avamar, DataDomain, Networker.
• Recovered Lost Storage Data using Snap Restore, Flex Clone, Snapmirror and Snap Vault.
• Analyze backup reports and other relevant data (Visio's, inventories, etc.) and develop findings and recommendations reports
• Migrations for 6000 Windows, AIX, Sun Solaris, HP-UX & LINUX nodes.
• Configured NetApp (Cluster Data OnTap (cDOT), 7-Mode Snap Mirror, Snap Manager, Operation Manager, OnCommand, Snap Drive and Snap Protect.
• Plan for Migration nodes every week with Deployment, Ford Credit, WS and ESX teams.
• Estimate & monitor day-to-day capacity for Data Domain.
• Troubleshoot issues during the new configurations.
• Create and test migration cutover scripts
• Creating data stores for VMware and ESX servers.
• Installed and configured business copy for local replication and continuous access for remote replications for HP XP products.
• Virtualization and migration of data from VSP to G1000 using RAIDCOM scripts and Hitachi Storage Navigator.
• Validating HDLMmultipaths to all servers which are mounted to the storage array before migrations.
• Creating replication between primary and secondary sites using the HUR.
• Creating in system replication using the Shadow Image software
• Creating new zones between CISCO director switch and G1000 using Cisco Fabric Manager
• Execute Remote Storage Migrations.
• Cutover of storage from the source to target storage
• Part of Prime Senior Operations team handling day-to-day and Operational activities.
• Administered and maintained Hitachi G1000&VSPEnterprise storage arrays.
• Deployment of Hitachi VSP arrays - from Design, Architecture till up and running.
• Remote Replication tasks using Hitachi True Copy for SYNC and HUR for ASYNC
• In-system Replication tasks using Hitachi Shadow Image software tool
• Zoning and backup tasks on Cisco switches onto the SAN fabrics.
• Installation, Administration and maintaining of Hitachi Tuning Manager to tune performance on new G1000
• Installing CCI-HORCM and RAIDCOM for CLI based tasks
• Health monitoring of SAN components, collect data for trending using HTnM
• Weekly collection of capacity data on all VSPs to track the capacity utilization
• Troubleshoot performance problem using Storage Navigator, export tool,HTnM and Dump analysis and also an HDS case if needed. Environment: Hitachi G1000, VSP, FAS 3220, HCS, storage navigator, Hitachi Tuning Manager, Commvault, Netbackup, CISCO DCNM, HUSvm, HUS110/130/150, AMS 1000/2500, USP, USPV, USPVM, HDvM, HDP, HDT, HUR, Shadow- image, True copy, UVM, Tiered storage Manager, Cisco Device Manager, Raidcom.
- Senior Storage& Backup Administrator at Prime Therapeutics
- Backup Restore and Storage Engineer at Logicalis
- Backup Restore and Storage Analyst at WSP
- Backup Restore and Storage Analyst at EMC Networker, AVAMAR, VERITAS NETBACKUP
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Masters in Computer Science - Computer Science
Accountable for daily/weekly/monthly/yearly data backups for ten (10) worldwide locations which includes over 150 servers and 560 backup jobs Manage user requests for restores of data received via Service Now. Confirm resolution of requests. Set retention periods for data backups per customer guidelines. Analyze\research\ resolve backup application issues for virtual and physical servers Administer SQL databases logon rights Manage, create and configure VMware servers Update backup status SharePoint report on a daily basis Compile monthly Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics and reports Update Configuration Management Database (CMDB) with service tags and serial numbers of server hardware and storage devices Responsible for first and second level support in diagnosing root cause of software and hardware issues. Utilize Check Mk to monitor application performance, server health, storage device health, and storage capacity. Initiate contact with vendors to resolve third level hardware malfunctions. Install firmware updates for supported storage devices.
- Data Center Backup Administrator at MODIS
- Systems Engineer at Insight Global
- Sr. Systems Administrator at General Dynamics
- Availability & Capacity Engineer at MATRIX Resources
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business
Manage time and prioritize effectively to ensure promptness for meeting deadlines daily and weekly
• View time clock punches daily and identify any mistakes to maintain accuracy for payroll submissions weekly
• Balance books from previous period daily
• Organize sales and labor dollars daily by entering them on an Excel spreadsheet
- Backup Administrator Coordinator at Albertsons
- Assistant Manager in Training at Circle K
- Call Center Representative at Circle K
- Shift Manager at Burger King
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Associate Degree - Business Office Administration
• Received Star Award (with bonus) for stabilizing the backup environment.
• Designed and implemented 2 new backup environments utilizing new NetBackup 5230 backup appliances and reimaging older 5220 backup appliances. Also implemented NetBackup AIR (Auto Image Replication).
• Administered 2 NetBackup environments encompassing over 2000 Windows, UNIX and Linux servers (including VMs, ) utilizing 2 Solaris master servers, 2 Solaris media servers, 4 Windows media servers, 2 NetBackup master server appliances, and 7 NetBackup media server appliances.
• Created, performed, monitored and maintained server backups and restores using NetBackup (v126.96.36.199-v188.8.131.52) on Solaris and Windows master/media servers, NetBackup 5220/5230 backup appliances and Spectra Logic Spectra T120 tape libraries.
• Upgraded NetBackup software on master and media servers and appliances via remote software and physically in the data center.
• Created, responded, resolved and closed trouble tickets for failed backups, restore requests, NetBackup changes/additions, etc.; documented the support and diagnostic activities.
- Backup Administrator/Engineer (Remote) at Choice Hotels International, Inc
- Backup Administrator at Coventry Health Care, an Aetna Company
- Systems Operations Technician/Backup Administrator at Bechtel Corporation
- Implementation & Support Specialist at Purple Cactus Technologies
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Diploma - Information Technology Systems Administrator
- Diploma - Computer Operated Accounting
• Provide technical mentorship to other team members, and build strong relationships with technical staff, senior management and supported client base
• Drive overall architecture, security, testing and certifications of storage and backup systems
• Assist in the architecture, and implement the solution in support of project schedules and resources
• Manage and assess the risk of equipment and software maintenance and version updates
• Monitor storage and backup technology trends such as emerging standards for new technology opportunities, and integrating new technologies into the data center environment
• Installing and configuring new hardware and system software, Responding to technical queries and Server and Storage Virtualization
• Performing routine audits of systems, Hardware and software maintenance, troubleshooting and System monitoring and performance tuning
• Business continuity, disaster recovery planning and testing, and configuration documentation
• Analyze system logs and identify potential issues, Responsible for system integrity, backup, and recovery, Responsible for hardware and software builds, security, and transition to production
• Provide 24x7 server and data center support, Coordinate and implement server/appliance patches, upgrades, and configuration changes
- Storage and Backup Administrator at Newport News Shipbuilding
- Information Technology Project Manager at Newport News Shipbuilding
- IT Systems Administrator at Newport News Shipbuilding
- IT Project Management at Newport News Shipbuilding
2 years at this Job
- Masters in Engineering Management and Systems Engineering - Engineering Management and Systems Engineering
- Graduate Certificate in Public Contracts and Procurement - Public Contracts and Procurement
- B.S.B.A - Information Systems and Technology
I was responsible for the backup/restore functions for the entire Catamaran enterprise. I used multiple backup software to include: Tivoli Storage Manager, NetBackup and Commvault. I installed/configured TSM, NBU and Commvault special agents for the following applications: VMWARE, Exchange and Database (SQL, Oracle, etc). Associated hardware included: IBM Storserver, EMC, IBM, Netapp and HP-3PAR disk arrays, EMC SAN/network switches, IBM, Qualstar and Quantum tape libraries. Operating systems included: AIX, Solaris, VMWARE, Linux, and AS400. Accomplishment: Turned a 98% backup failure rate into a 95% backup successful completion rate.
- Backup administrator at Catamaran
- TSM administrator at Washington Metro Area Transit Authority
- TSM/SAN Consultant at Mainline Information Systems
- TSM/Storage Administrator - Solaris at USWEST/QWEST
1 year at this Job
- Associates - Information Technology
Contracted by TCS for Stryker to help maintain current infrastructure platforms.
- System Storage and Backup Administrator at TSC
- Senior Storage and Backup Administrator at Stryker Endoscopy
- Microsoft Systems and Network Administrator at McAfee
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration