Career bank examiner with the FDIC.
- Bank Examiner at FDIC
30 years, 8 months at this Job
Credit Specialist, Bank Examiner Supervision, Regulation and Credit; Regional and Community Banks As a Credit Specialist I participated in the loan review for bank examinations analyzing credit, asset quality, credit administration quality and risk assessment. I also served as an examiner for all other aspects of bank safety and soundness examinations including all aspects examination, Asset Quality, Capital, Earnings, Liquidity, Sensitivity, Operations and Management and as an Examiner in Charge. My job responsibilities also included providing informal on the job training and formal credit training to less experienced examiners who typically have not had bank experience or specifically bank credit and loan experience.
- Bank Examiner at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (FRBB)
- Boston District Coordinator Shared National Credit at OCC
- Vice President, Commercial Loan Officer at OCC
- Loan Review Specialist at Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - MBA Finance
- B.A. - English
• Supervise liquidity, interest rate and price risk at an institution with greater than $2 trillion in assets.
• Responsible for capital markets supervision at $200 billion credit card bank as the functional lead.
• Analyze routine and ad hoc reports for anomalies, trends and emerging risks.
• Interpret and enforce national banking laws, regulations and accounting standards.
• Collaborate with the Federal Reserve and Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation on implementation of laws and regulations and interpretation issues.
• Manage exam teams of up to 10 people and coordinate with bank liaisons.
• Communicate concerns and findings to senior management of the bank and board of directors.
• Developed webinar training on new accounting codification for over 600 bankers and regulators nationwide.
• Organize inventory system for over 100 bank provided reports and coordinate delivery to various users.
• Established large bank capital markets rotation program for mid-size and community bank examiners to gain more complex exposure in large.
• Completed Excel II program, which consisted of performing horizontal capital markets exam work at mid- size and large banks across the country.
• Previously worked in community banks performing work related to capital, asset quality, management, earnings, liquidity, sensitivity to market risk, consumer compliance, and asset management.
• Lead a training team of four new community bank examiners.
- BANK EXAMINER at THE OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER OF THE CURRENCY
7 years, 9 months at this Job
- MASTERS - ACCOUNTANCY
Involved in safety and soundness examination of financial institutions in a dynamic and complex financial system to determine compliance with State and Federal laws, rules, statutes and regulations. Conducted examination of banks and financial institutions by using CAMELS, ROCA and MOECA rating system. Capital, Asset Quality, Management, Liquidity and Sensitivity to Market Risk. Credit Risk Management, Operational Control. Involved in the assessment of risks inherent to banks Market risk, legal risk, operational risk, credit risk, country risk, reputational risk, funding and reinvestment risk, settlement and operational risk. Conducted analysis of risk-based capital weighting. Analysis of bank capital adequacy.Tier 1 capital, Tier 2 capital, Tier 3 capital to ensure bank's solvency capacity and capital stock position. Experience (continued): Assessed financial performance of banks, Bank Holding Companies, Trust Companies, Investment Banks under Roca Rating System and Camel Rating System. Handle review of bank's internal audit program, internal control policy and procedures and to determine whether the program is sufficient for the nature and volume of operations including review of any audit findings and recommendations as well as management responses to audit findings. Conduct review of the financial institutions' BSA/Anti-Money Laundering program, policies and procedures in order to determine its effectiveness and efficiency as to whether the program is in compliance with regulatory requirements and the four parts of the USA PATRIOT Act. These include review of internal policies and procedures, compliance monitoring, training and the independent review function. Assess the overall performance of management and Compliance Program for Banks, Non-Bank financial Institutions and Money Services Businesses. Review management oversight and its involvement in daily operations, including its experience and general background within the banking institutions. Review management's responsiveness to compliance and other regulatory issues that are brought to its attention Review compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Bank Examiner at NEW YORK STATE DEPARTEMENT OF FINANCIAL SERVICES
- at Disturbance of the Haitian Banking System
- at Financial Market Globalization and Monetary Policy
- at Haiti's Daily Newspaper
15 years at this Job
- Masters in Management Science - Management
- Masters in Finance - International Banking and Finance
- Master's Degree in Economic Science - International and Industrial Economy
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration - Business Administration
• Review bank documents and financial ratios to rate the quality of Capital, Asset Quality, Management, Earnings, Liquidity, and Sensitivity to Market Risk
• Interact with Bank Management to discuss the financial position of the bank and make recommendations for improvement
• Continue to stay current on new regulations including new TRID disclosures and BASEL III requirements
• Specializing with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) examinations, which includes Policy and Procedures reviews, CTR and SAR filings and suspicious activity monitoring
• Conduct IT examinations to ensure policies and procedures are in place to protect customer information and ensure continue operations in case of emergencies
• Conduct compliance examinations to ensure financial institutions are complying with State and Federal regulations
- Bank Examiner at State of Maine
- Teller, Head Teller at TD Bank
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Finance
- BS in Business Administration - Finance
- Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts - Mathematics
Examine bank conditions and identify potential problems
● Complete a wide range of analytical, financial, and bank supervisory activities
● Interact and communicate with all levels of bank management
- Assistant National Bank Examiner at The Office of The Comptroller of the Currency
- Call Team Member at Annual Giving
- Lab Technician at My Eye Dr
9 months at this Job
- BBA in Finance - Finance
Routinely visit and examine nationally chartered mid-size and community banks, with a team of examiners, to assess
the overall quantity of risk and quality of risk management within the institution, by adhering to agency guidance,
Federal regulations, and the United States Code.
• Areas of examination include Capital and Earnings, Internal/External Audit, Management, Investments and Liquidity, Exposure to Interest Rate/Market Risk, Asset Quality, Commercial and Retail Credit, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering, Consumer Compliance, IT, and Trust.
• Consistently discuss confidential and critical matters with Senior Management, Executive Officers, and Board Directors.
- Associate National Bank Examiner at U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Recruiting Manager at ROBERT HALF FINANCE & ACCOUNTING
- Loan Processor at QUICKEN LOANS, INC
- at QUICKEN LOANS, INC
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.B.A. - Finance and Economics
• Examine the safety and soundness of national banks with assets from $80 million and $30 billion using a risk based approach
• Analyze financial statements and internal reports in order to conclude on areas concerning earnings, capital, liquidity, investments, consumer compliance, and credit
• Examine different types of credit files to ensure adherence to the bank specific loan policies and ensure compliance with applicable regulations
• Exercise professional skepticism during each exam, expanding on exam procedures, recommending improvements, and citing violations if applicable
• Identify the root cause of violations and effectively communicate them to the exam team to ensure the issue is not systemic
• Provide senior bank management and directors with recommendations that are designed to improve all facets of banking
• Communicate positive and adverse findings from the examination to senior bank management and the board of directors
• Obtain commitments from senior management to ensure our concerns are addressed in timely manner
• Develop high quality reports assessing capital, earnings, investment portfolio, interest rate risk, and compliance
• Coach and develop Assistant National Bank Examiners to develop efficient and effective exam techniques
- Assistant National Bank Examiner at The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Customer Sales Representative at Bank Mutual
- Sales Specialist at Macy's
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance
- Certificate - International Business
Examined several banks ranging in size and complexity Completed risk-based bank supervision procedures Determined the bank's compliance with laws and regulations Discussed findings and conclusions with other bank examiners and bank management Performed off-site analyses, wrote conclusion memos, and wrote examination comments
- Assistant National Bank Examiner at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Sales Associate at GNC
- Accounts Payable Clerk at Jacobs Engineering
- Financial Counselor at 21st Mortgage
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Finance and Accounting - Finance and Accounting
Analyze current financial condition of financial institutions (Capital, Asset Quality, Management, Earnings, Liquidity and Funds Management, and Sensitivity to Market Risk) Review operations and practices for conformity with applicable laws and regulations Analysis of loans, loan collateral and lending policies Assist in training lower-level examiners
- Junior Bank Examiner at Arkansas State Bank Department
- Assistant Bank Examiner at Arkansas State Bank Department
- Bank Examiner Trainee at Arkansas State Bank Department
- Product Coordinator at Riceland Foods Inc
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Agricultural Economics
- Bachelor of Science - Agricultural Business