As a bank examiner I work reviewing bank, credit union and trust companies in terms of law and regulation compliance as well as financial safety and soundness. I work at different locations across the State of Maine, New England and the United States. I work closely with institution management and directors obtaining financial information including; balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows, investor reports, budgets, forecasts and other financial documents. In terms of examining an institution I am to review the soundness of the institution moving forward based on projections, past performance, analytical analysis and discussions with institution management. During an examination, I write reports, perform data analysis and work closely within a group to assess the overall rating of the institution.
- Bank Examiner at Maine Bureau of Financial Institutions
- Customer Service at Play It Again Sports
- General Manager at Old Orchard Beach Surge
- Financial Associate at JD Stewart Financial
8 months at this Job
- Masters in Business Administration - Finance
- License - Management/Finance
- High School Diploma
- - Computing Medal Recipient
Generalist Examiner on Large Bank resident team ($150B+ in assets)
• Gained familiarity of bank supervision process by rotating through assignments in retail and commercial lending, asset management, compliance, bank information technology, capital markets, operational risk, enterprise risk management, and internal audit
• Participated on ongoing supervision and target examinations within both large bank supervision and midsize, community bank supervision
• Recently led exam from scoping to supervisory letter as Functional EIC on Annual Audit Target
• Managed 6 month project that led to implementation of more efficient process
- BANK EXAMINER at OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER OF THE CURRENCY
- SPECIAL ASSESTS COORDINATOR at Arvest Bank
- LOSS MITIGATION MODIFICATION CLOSING SPECIALIST at Arvest Central Mortgage Company
- HOMEOWNER'S ASSISTANCE COUNSELOR at Arvest Central Mortgage Company
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - FINANCIAL SERVICES & RISK MANAGEMENT
- Field Submit an accurate, comprehensive report of examination of the financial condition of the entity, complete with narrative and analytical presentations on the various operations of the institution, with suggestions or recommendations to the senior management team and board of directors on corrective measures that need to be taken. Senior Bank Examiner - Field
• Plan and organize examinations (assign key subordinate examiners to specific segments of the examination)
• Supervise all phases of the examination and ensure the coordinated analysis of the institution's overall financial and operational condition.
• Examine, evaluate and assess all components of a CAMELS; ROCA; FILMS and MOECA examination
• Meet with key management during the examination and discusses the final examination findings with them.
• 3/2014 to 2/2016
• Review prior examination reports, periodic reports submitted by institution to become informed of specific problem areas, overall financial condition, and management of the institution and to plan examination.
• Meet with institution management to present credentials, discuss scope of examinations, request information and materials needed for examination, arrange for working space and obtain general orientation to the institution's operations.
• Review and analyze the CAMELS component assigned for the examination. Analyze peer group comparison if applicable. Prepare component products memo(s) and work papers.
• Prepare write-ups on loans and mortgages to be classified or mentioned in final report.
• Review supervisory reports prepared by financial institutions to assess accuracy and timeliness of submission.
• Review the adequacy of records, systems and controls in place in all operations of an institution.
• Examine domestic and foreign branch offices and subsidiaries.
• Conduct BSA/AML/OFAC examination in conjunction with safety and soundness examination, prepare product memo and work papers.
• Discuss findings with management and obtain their responses to comments on the operation of the institution.
• Inform, update and discuss examination findings and process with the Examiner In Charge.
Submit an accurate, comprehensive report of examination of the financial condition of the entity, complete with narrative and analytical presentations on the various operations of the institution, with suggestions or recommendations to the senior management team and board of directors on corrective measures that need to be taken.
Senior Bank Examiner - Field
- Principal Bank Examiner at New York State Department of Financial Services
- Bank Examiner Trainee at Foreign and Wholesale Banks Division and Community and Regional Banks
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- B.B.A. - Accounting
➢ Leads the design and implementation of risk-focused supervision plans and activities, including performing full scope examinations or targeted reviews, conducting continuous supervision, preparing risk assessments and surveillance analyses. Prepare high-quality, timely summary documents, risk assessments, and other supervisory materials, and effectively discuss supervision matters with all levels of bank management including board of directors and executive management.
➢ Serve as relationship manager for the ongoing supervision of a Large Financial Institution over $50 Billion. Prepares and communicates well supported conclusions on work completed to Reserve Bank management as well as to management of supervised financial institutions, as decisions made shape regulatory actions including those concerning institution expansion potential and management composition.
➢ Serve as a subject matter expert in the Large Bank Organization Cybersecurity Horizontal reviews across the portfolio of over 30 large complex financial institutions across the United States.
➢ Prepare and conduct specialized training and provide expertise through active involvement in Federal Reserve System and specific Reserve Bank training initiatives related to Information Technology and Cyber Security.
➢ Provides leadership, technical expertise, and guidance to less experienced team members. Takes an active role in providing on-the-job training to team members as well as other department staff. Evaluates performance on examinations and provides feedback.
- Senior Large Bank Examiner at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Large Bank Examiner at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- IT Examiner at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Sr. IT Client Services Specialist at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
For the previous 14 years - IT Security Specialist For the first 3 years - Commercial Examiner
For the previous 14 years - IT Security Specialist
For the first 3 years - Commercial Examiner
- Bank Examiner at Texas Department of Banking
- Flight Instructor at Tyler International School of Aviation
- Bank Examiner at Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Inflight Refueling Operator at USAF
17 years, 4 months at this Job
- None - Aviation
- Bachelor's - Finance
40 hrs. per week)
• Assessed community banks for risk management practices and process in the areas consist of capital adequacy, sensitivity to interest rate risk, liquidity sustainability and earnings (CELS).
• Evaluated one-on-one interviews with management to discuss the examine process and issue recommendations, federal violations and best business practices to management periodically.
• I examined over 4 community banks, exposed to commercial loan underwriting practices and followed up with banks' internal controls including existing risk findings from third party audits.
• Presented examiner summary reports, federal regulations and best business practice recommendations to fellow examiners in charge, bank's board of directors and management.
- Assistant Bank Examiner at Office of Comptroller of Currency
- Business Taxes Representative at Use Tax Administration - In State Service Group
- Financial Institutions Examiner at California Department of Business Oversight
- Personal banker at Wells Fargo Bank
6 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor's in Finance - Finance
• Primarily conduct compliance examinations of national banks and thrifts for Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Data Integrity, and Fair Lending
• Led 2 HMDA Plus Data Integrity exams, led an FHA exam, led a CRA exam for a federally chartered international branch in Large Bank Supervision (LBS)
• Assisted on 2 FDPA, 5 SCRA, 2 data integrity, 2 fair lending risk assessments, 5 fair lending exams, 4 CRA exams, audit workpaper review for BSA and SCRA, and resident team ongoing supervision in LBS
• Led 5 Midsize Bank Supervision (MBS) CRA exams and assisted on 8 CRA exams
• Led 8 MBS Data Integrity exams and assisted on 2 exams
• Participated in training/production initiatives in CRA and Fair Lending in MBS
• Assisted on a Fair Lending exam in MBS and 3 in LBS
• Led a Fair Lending Risk Assessment exam and assisted on one in MBS
• Conduct discussions with bank management on findings and recommendations to address process and performance deficiencies
• Stay informed of emerging issues in consumer compliance through agency/industry communications, training courses, conferences, and knowledge sharing calls
- Bank Examiner at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Bank Examiner at New York State Department of Financial Services
- Manager at Market Source, Inc
- Program Manager at Platform Learning
7 years at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Business Administration
- Bachelors of Science - Business Administration
Conduct risk-based examinations of the financial condition of national banks, thrift
institutions, and trust companies
• Specialized in the review of asset management activities, assessing compliance applicable laws and regulations including 12 CFR 9, and validating key risk and internal control functions through transaction testing.
• Evaluate income and capital levels through detailed financial analysis and assess sufficiency of earnings to support and augment the bank's capital base.
• Assess compliance with banking regulations and laws, with particular focus on consumer compliance regulations, BSA, AML, and OFAC requirements.
• Conduct credit analysis for a sample of the bank's loans and opine on the quality of underwriting and level of credit risk within the portfolio.
• Communicate findings, conclusions, and prompt corrective action to bank management and Board of Directors in both oral and written form.
- Associate Bank Examiner at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Officer, Specialty Asset Management (Real Estate) at US Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management
- Contractor thru Robert Half Intl at US Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management
7 years at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Finance and Accounting Management
•Audits accounting and financial data while conducting fiscal examinations of financial institutions
•Obtains and protects confidential financial institution data
•Assist in planning, conducting, documenting, and completion of examinations of financial institutions
•Produce written comments and ratings for final examination report
•Completes additional training to enhance knowledge
- Bank Examiner at New Hampshire Banking Department
- Transportation Security Officer at Transportation Security Administration
2 years at this Job
- MBA - Business Adminstration
- BS - Criminal Justice
• Act as Chair of the system-wide Technology Services Provider workgroup
• Review internal controls at Financial Institutions for Information Technology as well as compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and TARP compensation requirements.
• Conduct reviews of Multi-regional Data Processing Servicers (MDPS) and regional Technical Service Providers jointly with other federal regulatory agencies.
• Influences the direction of system-wide training by providing meaningful changes to course content and performing the role of Lead Instructor for multiple course offerings.
• Actively participates on multiple system-wide and regulatory agency groups.
• Researchs emerging technologies and influences supervision strategy.
- Senior Risk Specialist (Bank Examiner) at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Senior Information Technology Auditor at MetLife
- Section Head Quality Assurance at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Information Technology Auditor at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
14 years, 5 months at this Job
- BS - Management Information Systems