US Bank - St. Louis, MO 6/2016 to Present
• Ongoing 100% performance reviews for customer service including relationship forming and managing calls from cardholders, trustees, and attorneys.
• May 2018 MVP
• Developed current SQ tool that helped improve call scores for Bankruptcy
• Serves as liaison between attorney and U.S. Bank
• Developed checklist to help in the preparation and filing of Proofs of Claim
• 7 Asset team member helping Bankruptcy meet collection goal
• Event Coordinator/founding member for Proud-to-Serve BRG in St Louis
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at US Bank National Association
- Bankruptcy Specialist/Collection Manager at Internal Revenue Service
- Collections Specialist at Pierce County Housing Authority
- Collection Supervisor at USDA-Rural Housing Service
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- MA - Organizational Leadership
- BA - Business
• Responsibilities included being the first point of contact for all new BK client inquiries with the express goal of increasing gross sales; and
• After an initial telephone factual inquiry, I would determine the appropriate chapter of relief, determine the fee, consummate the Attorney Client relationship, execute retainer agreement and collect the attorney and filing fees.
• Results Obtained: during the traditional slow summer vacation season we achieved highest grossing sales month in firm's history; also single handedly collected the highest BK retainer in firm's history;
• Additionally: contacted cold leads; educated clients; assisted with client information gathering; reviewed pleadings, schedules, etc. for accuracy and provided any paralegal service as needed; and
• Maintained the highest professional standards and achieved the best and highest ratings of any Bankruptcy Law Firm on Google and Yelp.
- BANKRUPTCY PARALEGAL at The Moak Law Firm PLLC
- CUSTOMER SERVICE at Web Design, LLC
- LEASING CONSULTANT at RIVER'S REALTY
- independent contractor at
8 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate - Business Organizations, Mortgage and Secured Transactions and Bankruptcy
- Bachelor of Science - History
Paralegal and processor for a bankruptcy law firm, whose main goal was to retain and interview clients during intakes. Educating clients on their options of which chapter would be best for their lifestyle, income, and future. Once clients had chosen to retain the firm, processing could begin in which information was collected to present to the courts and trustees. Filing and signing with clients were rewarded through bonuses and compensation, work life was enjoyable yet competitive. Seeing client through all of the steps up until court included signing contracts, overseeing credit counseling, answering phone calls & emails, as well as making sure information provided by client was accurate and up to date.
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at Law Offices Of John T. Orcutt
- Income Maintenance Caseworker at Alamance County Department of Social Services
- Server at Harper's Restaurant
- Boutique Key Holder at Francesca's
5 months at this Job
- BA in Psychology & Sociology - Psychology & Sociology
Facilitate data intake, prepare all bankruptcy petitions, meet with clients for case review prior to filing, make any necessary amendments, submit necessary documents to Trustee's office. (Central District and Southern District)
• Produce all marketing materials and client forms.
• Developed system for case processing.
• Responsible for preparing/processing all bankruptcy cases from start to finish.
• Follow strict timelines and deadlines.
• Client database management.
• Light bookkeeping.
- Bankruptcy Paralegal/Secretary at South Orange County Bankruptcy
- Office Manager at MAX Tiffany
- Office Manager at Coldwell Banker Doug Arnold Real Estate
10 years, 2 months at this Job
Prepare initial drafts of bankruptcy court filings and handle administrative tasks relating to our bankruptcy clients. Attend prospective client meetings, contact clients for information needed. Prepare documents for bankruptcy hearings.
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at BECKETT LAW, LLC
- Special Needs Camp Counselor at WEST HARTFORD LEISURE SERVICES
- Teacher Assistant at WEST HARTFORD BOARD OF EDUCATION
- Paralegal at LAW OFFICE OF GARY HUEBNER
6 months at this Job
- Certificate of Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Bankruptcy (7, 13)
● Federal & State
● Foreclosures and Repossessions
● Meeting with clients
● Preparing Motions, Orders, Hearing Notices and etc.
● Preparing and Filing Proof of Claims
● Chapter 13 Plans
● Preparing Reaffirmation Agreements
● Scheduling Court Hearings chrome-extension://bpmcpldpdmajfigpchkicefoigmkfalc/views/app.html 1/2 3/23/2019 Resume 2019.docx
● Scheduling Appointments or Consultations
● Clerical Tasks
● State of Texas Notary
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at Machi & Associates Law Firm
- Bankruptcy Specialist at Aerotek/Southside Auto Finance
- Bankruptcy Paralegal/Legal Assistant at The Law Office of Attorney Gillett Sheppard
- Leasing Agent at The Standard At Boswell Marketplace
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Information Management Technology
• Draft, prepare, file, and submit Chapter 7 Voluntary Bankruptcy Petitions with the United States Federal Court. ◦ Amend Schedules, as needed
• Prepare and file various Motions, including, but not limited to, Motion for Vehicle Financing, Motion to Avoid Lien, Motion to Excuse, etc.
• General office duties, including, but not limited to, answering telephone calls, emails, preparation of correspondence, confirming appointments and/or hearings, making new client files, etc.
• File Debtor Education Certificates with the Federal Court through bankruptcy software, Best Case.
• Create and maintain/work-up files from the beginning of the bankruptcy process to the end of the process
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at Foster Law Offices
- Temporary Placement at Partners for Performance
- Clerical (Legal) Assistant/Administrative Assistant at
- Document Control & Communications Specialist at Project Hosts, Inc
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Associates Degree in Business Administration - EDUCATION
- High School Diploma
Lakewood, CO 2014-Present MERGED WITH MEDVED, DALE, DECKER AND DEERE, LLC 2017 Halliday, Watkins & Mann is a Utah-based, 4th generation, full-service law firm representing creditors in foreclosures, bankruptcies, replevin, eviction and REO closings. Bankruptcy Manager January 2019 Oversight of all system worklists of three paralegal/legal assistants Distributes new Colorado referrals for opening Point of contact for client escalations Monitoring of timely and proper billing on bankruptcy files per investor and client guidelines Bankruptcy Paralegal Produces workplace efficiency equal to 2 additional FTEs after staff attrition Prioritizes workflow to anticipate needs of attorney/firm covering multiple bankruptcy filings per month Drafts, proofs, edits, and manages 150+ legal documents including: Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy motions for relief, stipulations, objection to plan confirmations, proof of claims, post-petition fees' notices, and notices of payment changes Reconciles proof of claim and motion for relief payment histories and mortgage collateral documents Generates new Perfect Practice documents to address attorney needs and streamline workload Leverages Perfect Practice, Electronic Court Filing (ECF), LexisNexis File & Serve, ICCES, and PACER Calendars court dates, timelines for filing, and requests orders from the court Expedites training of new employees by outlining procedures/revising forms for case openings and filings Invigorates staff morale, inspiring atmosphere of cooperation and organizational wellness Calculated and billed clients in timely manner with emphasis on detail and accuracy "KANDICE HAS EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS. SHE IS EXTREMELY ORGANIZED, RELIABLE AND COMPUTER LITERATE. KANDICE CAN WORK INDEPENDENTLY AND IS ABLE TO FOLLOW THROUGH TO ENSURE THAT THE JOB GETS DONE CORRECTLY AND TIMELY." HOLLY RYAN, ESQ., RETIRED MANAGING MEMBER; MEDVED, DALE, DECKER, AND DEERE, LLC
- Bankruptcy Paralegal/ Manager at HALLIDAY, WATKINS & MANN
- VOLUNTEER LEADERSHIP at Women's Association of Colorado Hockey
- Paralegal at HELLERSTEIN & SHORE, P.C
- Secretary at Craig Youth Hockey
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- BA - English- writing emphasis
- Paralegal Certificate
Prepare & e-file Proof of Claims for creditors, who are owed by debtors who file bankruptcy.
• Meet dead lines set by the state to file proof of claims.
• Prepare between 10-15 proof of claims per week.
• E-File between 6-10 proof of claims per week.
• Prepare payment history ledgers
• Serve as the point of contact between attorneys & clients.
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at RAS CRANE LLC
- Trust & Estates Paralegal at REED SMITH LLP
- Paralegal Intern at COOK COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT
9 months at this Job
- Baccalaureate - Paralegal Studies Program-Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Finance - Finance
• Manage a large portfolio of Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy case filings.
• Process, review, prepare, and file Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 Proof of Claims, Amended Proof of Claims, and Transfer of Claims.
• Strong knowledge of the Case Management/Electronic Case Files Portal for all states.
• Extensive contact with clients via all client systems, email, and telephone.
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at Aldridge Pite, LLP
- Contested Paralegal at Aldridge Pite LLP
- Uncontested Paralegal at Clarfield, Okon, & Salomone
- Sales Department Paralegal at Clarfield, Okon, Salomone & Pincus, P.L
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Certification in Paralegal Studies