• At SWMK, I have become familiar with both Case Net and Lexus Nexus online websites. I’ve become aware how to draft affidavits, file motions and orders online, review records and documents, communicate deadlines and documents requests with my team, and maintain professionalism.
• I started as a legal secretary answering phones, pulling defendant files from Case Net and Lexus, filing Orders, Notices and Motions online, calendaring and spread sheeting motions, appearances, and answers for the firm.
• After 4 months of being the legal secretary, I was promoted to Bankruptcy Paralegal. I now file placeholders with bankrupt trusts, call and have contact with clients on a daily basis, work with co-counsel and my team, draft affidavits, schedule traveling notaries, review depositions, interrogatories, and client records, coordinate with the trial team to know when the bankrupt claims can be submitted, coordinate with the medical team, submit client information to bankrupt trusts, and continue to use Microsoft Word, Office and Excel on a daily basis.
• SWMK has opened more doors for me and made me realize how much I love the legal field.
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at SWMK Law, LLC
- Production Assistant Manager at Gore Perry Reporting & Video
- Sales Associate at The Tan Company
- Sales Representative at Kraft Foods
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Business of Finance
- Associates - General Education
- Associates - Court Reporting
* Prepared court pleadings, correspondence and subpoena ability to interact with clients, courts and attorneys through e-mail, letters and phone. * Evaluate and interpret all legal documents, judgments, bankruptcy petitions and Federal debt collection laws. * Assisted with legal research and appropriate legal briefs. * Strong Excel Skills including Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP and Macros RAS Crane LLC Bankruptcy Paralegal * Prepared court pleadings, affidavits, motions, correspondence and subpoena ability to interact with clients, courts and attorneys through e-mail, letters and phone. * Drafted and filed bankruptcy motions, orders, and pleadings in court. Evaluate and interpret all legal documents, judgments, bankruptcy petitions and Federal debt collection laws. * Assisted with legal research and developed appropriate legal briefs. * Scheduled bankruptcy case hearings in court and maintained court calendars. Prepared and maintained paper-based and electronic files related to attorney and client. Shapiro, Pendergast & Hasty, LLP Bankruptcy Paralegal * Prepared court pleadings, affidavits, motions, correspondence and subpoena ability to interact with clients, courts and attorneys through e-mail, letters and phone. * Drafted and filed bankruptcy motions, orders, and pleadings in court. Evaluated and interpret all legal documents, judgments, bankruptcy petitions and Federal debt collection laws. * Advised and assisted attorney on various trials, settlements, and depositions. Assisted with legal research and developed appropriate legal briefs. * Received and reviewed all proof of claims and related information provided by clients. Composed and filed bankruptcy documents, declarations and pleadings. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Office of Comptroller of Currency (OCC) Promontory Project/ Mergis/Randstad Technologies Staffing Agency Bankruptcy & Foreclosure Auditor * First Level Reviewer and Second Level Foreclosure & Bankruptcy Auditor Reviewer proficient in Office of Comptroller of Currency (OCC) Promontory project Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, Core 400-500 and Corporate Advance exceptions for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, (WFHM), Wells Fargo San Antonio (WMSA) and Well Fargo Financial (WFF). * Perform audits of mortgage servicing activities, identifying audit findings, and making recommendations to management. * Extensive knowledge of Litigation processes Judicial/Non-Judicial States (30/60/90 Demand Letters, Notice of Default/Affidavit of Notice of Default, Notice of Trustee Sale (NOS) and Affidavit of Publishing/Posting of Notice of Sale, Substitution of Trustee; Motion for Summary Judgment, Judgment, Foreclosure Auction Bids, Redemption Period, Trustee Deed and Asset Management Real Estate Owned (REO) Bank Properties. * Evaluate loan documentation and system documentation to determine investor and regulatory issues. Ensures all risks were identified, problems are clearly documented, and required data is accurately inputted and proper policy procedures were followed by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Federal Housing Administration (FHA) & Veterans Affairs (VA) Home Loan government guidelines
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at Rubin Lublin LLC
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at Prommis Solutions
- Military and Civil Paralegal at United States Naval Service
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Science in Network and Computer Management - Management
Bankruptcy law office of Attorney Richard A Check
-Filed bankruptcy cases with the Milwaukee County Court
-Communicated closely with Trustee's about the cases they were assigned to
-Uploaded and filed client documents and sent them to the appropriate parties
-Worked with deadlines for the court
-Answered phones and assisted clients with any and all of their needs
-Any other work the attorney asked me to assist with
Reinhart Foodservice: Operations assistant
Oak Creek, WI July 2016 to September 2018
• Plan pallets in stop order and size accommodations for each truck route using truck builder (about 40 different truck routes a day)
• Print each route I am assigned, rip the stickers (cases) in a timely manner to make sure the order selectors are constantly moving and do not run out of work
• Scan load maps and send them to each of my supervisors and transportation
• Staple PO's (purchase orders) for receivers and scan them into a separate file for records
• Print all auto pickups and hazardous material sheets for the drivers to bring on their deliveries
• Fill out "loader productivity" spreadsheet every day to keep track of how many pallets are on each route and which loader loaded the truck
• Fill out the "outbound staffing" spreadsheet every night for the amount of cases that we had that day in each department (dry department, freezer department and cooler department.)
• Scan the high pick and bulk stickers each night to keep track of count
• Release invoices for transportation
• I help with Will Call. I make sure all orders are in by the cut off time and selected in time for the sales rep to pick up for that customer and release the invoices
• Keep track of which routes that could not be 3 staged every day and send out an email to my supervisors and transportation
• Schedule interviews for my supervisor
• I assist anyone that comes to me for help from either the warehouse, transportation, customer service or supervisor
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at Bankruptcy law office of Attorney Richard A Check
- Operations Assistant at Reinhart Foodservice, LLC
- Cashier/Customer Service Representative at Speedway
- Hostess/Greeter at Buffalo Wild Wings
3 months at this Job
- High school
Reviewed new cases for accuracy, compliance and feasibility. Assisted the Trustee at 341 Meetings. Reviewed cases prior to confirmation and determined any necessary action needed by the Trustee or debtor's counsel. Reviewed income and expenditure schedules for accuracy and requested further documentation from debtor's counsel if needed. Accepted and reviewed documents received by debtors and attorneys. Reviewed amended plans and modifications for compliance and feasibility. Handled correspondence and phone calls from debtors, attorneys and creditors.
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Trustee's Office
- Paralegal at Fitzpatrick, Zimmerman & Rose, Co
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at Comella Law Office
7 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associates - Paralegal
I am responsible for all aspects of the bankruptcy process for Chapter 7's and 13's and work in conjunction with the attorney's on Chapter 11's. I receive/enter all referrals via email and 3rd party systems (LPS, NBS, NDS, Tempo, Vendorscape), collect/review needed documents, prepare all pleadings (MFR/POC etc), pay history's, notices, etc. I handle all ECF filing, schedule hearings, review the ECF report, Billing etc. A more detailed accounting of my job duties and responsibilities can be provided.
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at The Law Firm of Shapiro, Van Ess & Sherman L.L.P.
10 years, 3 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Prep and file POC's, PPFN's, PCN's, and NOFC's via Court Drive, PACER, and Loansphere. Work one on one with attorneys to confirm the files for final review. Monitor the client system and respond to all inquiries related to the bankruptcy department. Ensure that all clients are given the up-most attention and all deadlines/SLA's are met in a timely manner.
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at RAS Crane
- LEADERSHIP AND VOLUNTEER ACTIVITES at Khan Academy
- Legal Assistant at Atlanta Legal Aid
- Research Assistant at Global Studies Institute- Georgia State University
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
Duties included but not limited to: Initial client interview; calendaring; appointment setting; verbal and written communications with the court, attorneys, clients, etc.; legal pleadings; propounding and answering discovery; court filings; preparing chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcy Petitions, e-filing; faxing; copying; mailing; email; dictation; debt negotiation; gatekeeper. Please see my client reviews on Google for this employer.
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at Hemb Law Group
- Various Temporary Assignments at Apple One
- Office Manager at Katherine Alves CPA
- Legal Secretary/Office Manager/Family Law Paralegal/Bankruptcy Paralegal at Law Offices of Kevin O'Casey
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Some college
• Responsibilities Include but not limited to handling Loss Mitigation request on behalf of clients during the Bankruptcy process in New Jersey and New York.
• Drafting Pleadings, Notice of Request for Loss Mitigation, Request to Extend Loss Mitigation Period.
• Meet with clients and set-up the initial intake for Loss Mitigation.
• Open and monitor the DMM Portal pursuant to the Loss Mitigation Order.
• Communicate issues with Secured Creditor and our clients to maintain a seamless process with the ultimate objective is to get our clients approved for a Loan Modification.
• Maintain schedules for attorneys going to Court, hearing, status of contested matters.
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at Scura, Wigfield, Heyer, Stevens & Cammarota, LLP
- Legal Specialist at Buckley Madole, PC
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at Zucker Goldberg & Ackerman, LLC
- Paralegal/Project Manager at DRSdigital LLC
9 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform intake interviews with new clients
• Complete data entry of debtors personal information, assets and liabilities, and other financial information using bankruptcy software applications for attorney review.
• File bankruptcy petitions using application software and court filing websites
• Schedule phone and signing appointments
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at Confidential
- Supervisor at Self-Employed
- Supervisor at Household and Cleaning Services
- Mobilization and Processing Manager/Account Manager/Recruiter/Office Manager/Receptionist at Aviation Recruiting, Inc
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
• Working with this law firm I have learned, and gained some valuable key points on how to interact with clients, and dealing with a high volume-high traffic law firm. Punctual and reliable. Answer questions about bankruptcy law through phone calls, emails, and daily one on one interaction with clients in office. Having a minimum 20 clientele on a daily basis either for new intakes or follow ups. Bank deposits for the Greensboro Office. Answering any questions the clients have up until being filed. This has taught me to be organized, have excellent interpersonal communication, and be highly skilled in attention to detail. Proven to work without supervision, and be a team player. Able to follow a schedule/calendar on a daily basis
• Scheduling meetings with clients, and other appointments needed in process to file
• Ability to work well under pressure. Able to manage conflicting demands
• Provide assistance to lawyers by going over client intake form (16 page minimum)
• Going over what client can qualify for on a case by case basis depending on numerous things dealing with bankruptcy law
- BANKRUPTCY PARALEGAL at LAW OFFICES OF JOHN T. ORCUTT
- PHOTO SPECIALIST at WALGREENS
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE - PARALEGAL LAW