Bankruptcy Specialist I, National Bankruptcy Services February 2019-present · Audit escrow, taxes, insurance, and client suspense accounts to determine if there is a payment change in the account. · Review court docket and case information via electronic case monitoring to promptly determine when attorney action is required and refer to local counsel as necessary. ·Complete a payment change notification package for e-filing which includes a payment reconciliation ledger and supporting legal documentation such as Deeds of Trusts, Notes, and Assignments.
- Bankruptcy Specialist I at National Bankruptcy Services
- Foreclosure Specialist II at National Bankruptcy Services
- Lending Assistant at Wealth Management, Comerica Bank
- AVP, Associate Vendor Manager at Bank of America
1 month at this Job
- M.A. - Integrated Marketing Communication
- B.A. - Public Relations and English/Creative Writing
Works as the Bankruptcy specialist in the collections department of large credit union. Daily responsibilities include reviewing Ch13 bankruptcy plans, filing proof of claims to obtain money from our members who have filed Ch13 bankruptcy, constant contact with lawyers including phone calls and emails. Other tasks include running and maintaining the charge off report and being available to take repossession and admin calls. Also deals with bankruptcy mortgages and E-Oscars. Ability to develop personal relationships with members with discretion on sensitive subjects.
- Bankruptcy Specialist at Digital Federal Credit Union
- Wedding/event server at Gibbet Hill Barn
- Paralegal at McEvoy and Stuntz
- Part-Time Nanny at
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies - Paralegal Studies
- - general education
- high school diploma
- Bankruptcy Specialist at Department of Treasury Internal Revenue Services
29 years, 8 months at this Job
- None - None
- High school
- High school - None
- High school
* Handled more complex levels of transactions requiring subject matter expertise. * Responsibilities include that of a Bankruptcy Specialist II, in addition to providing support and assistance to the Team Manager * Trained and mentor teammates, however do not have direct management responsibility. * Loan Servicing Validation Associate, reviewing and approving loans that have met the closing requirements. * Approved Proofs of Claim and Motions for Relief for filing with the court. * Determined if the closing was valid and the appropriate information is documented with the valid dates and information on I Series program. * Audited and determined if all the figures and loan information are correct before filing with the court and documenting information in I Series program
- Bankruptcy Specialist at Ditech Financial
- Team Leader Customer Service at Countrywide Home Loans/ Bank of America
3 years at this Job
● Review and process Chapter 13 bankruptcy loans for Pre-Repo: Review Aacer/Pacer docket, confirm/request lien perfected, calculate payoff and account status/days past due, review for RTC requirements and if applicable submit for RTC letter to be sent per state rules, complete SCRA review and submit any possible military affiliation for 2nd level review, pull and save/image documents, submit for REPO approval or for MFR/NOD review if ROS not granted
● Review and process Chapter 13 discharged and dismissed loans: Review Aacer/Pacer docket, confirm disposition, update credit according to disposition, submit title requests, review trustee website, calculate payoff and account status/days past due, update/route account accordingly (close, submit for past due/repo review)
● Review and process Chapter 7 loans for credit updates: Review Aacer/Pacer docket, confirm disposition, update credit codes according to disposition and loan status
● Review and process Chapter 7 bankruptcy loans for Pre-Repo: Review Aacer/Pacer docket, calculate payoff and account status/days past due, complete SCRA review and submit any possible military affiliation for 2nd level review, pull and save/image documents, submit for REPO approval or for MFR/NOD review if ROS not granted
- Bankruptcy Specialist at Randstad Temp / Wells Fargo Auto
- Bankruptcy Specialist II at Aerotek Temp / Carrington Mortgage
- Bankruptcy Specialist III at CitiMortgage, Inc
- Clinical Laboratory Specialist at United Allergy Labs
6 months at this Job
- Certified - Medical Assistant
Nicholas Financial Inc January 2018 - Present
• Receive and process all bankruptcy accounts, request Motions and Objections
• Monitor Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 plans, File relief on default claims, Filing Proof of Claims and Reaffirmation Agreements
• Maintain monthly accurate reports for bankruptcy trustee and Attorneys Rebate Coordinator
• Cancel Dealer add-on Products. Gap, Credit/life, Warranty, Road Hazard
• Keep track of all refunds received and follow up on anything outstanding.
• Maintain positive relations with all dealers.
- Bankruptcy Specialist at Nicholas Financial Inc
- Loan Servicing/Collections/Customer Service at Gateway One Lending & Finance/TCF Bank
- Loan Servicing Specialist/Support Team at JP Morgan Chase Auto
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Reconcile and/or waive post petition fees for HE Reconcile and/or waive "Close prior day" files for HE Supported Bankruptcy phone team for 6 months Accept and submit QuickPays (pay by phone) Handled MFR (motion for relief) files Utilized LPSD servicing system Utilized VLS servicing system Utilized MPS servicing system
- Bankruptcy Specialist at JPM Chase - Bankruptcy Department
- Bankruptcy Specialist at JPM Chase - Bankruptcy Department
- Commercial Collections Specialist at JPM Chase - Bankruptcy Department
- Customer Service/Loan Mods at JPM Chase - Bankruptcy Department
6 years, 4 months at this Job
Consumer Bankruptcy Department
• Prepare affidavits and documents for bankruptcy attorneys to file a Motion for Relief- legal request to lift an Automatic Stay in efforts of taking possession of the collateral during the bankruptcy process.
• Prepare and file Supplement 1 documents notifying the bankruptcy court and client of payment changes.
• Appear in bankruptcy court if subpoenaed on behalf of paperwork filed. Mortgage Default Specialist II Mortgage Payment Solutions Department
• Collected on past due mortgages and home equity accounts.
• Assisted homeowners with loan modifications or discuss liquidating options.
• Ensured bank collection policies and procedures are followed.
• Completed the courses Loss Mitigation Overview MTG 600 and Fulfillment MTG 525
- Bankruptcy Specialist at SunTrust Bank Inc., SunTrust Mortgage Inc
- Mortgage Recovery Specialist at Allied International Credit/ JP Morgan Chase Bank
- Senior Staff Writer at The Voice Newspaper
- Account Supervisor at Drivetime Sales and finance
7 years, 3 months at this Job
- BS - Mass Communication-General Broadcast
VALLEY NATIONAL BANK, Wayne, NJ 2016 -present
Bankruptcy Specialist, Foreclosure
• Review all incoming bankruptcy petitions/filings/motions and perform necessary research to ensure that related accounts are properly coded and segregated from general account population.
• Make recommendations to Management regarding a course of action to protect the Bank’s interests.
• Review all files to ensure full compliance with investor and bank guidelines as well as Federal bankruptcy regulations.
• Assign files to 3rd party legal counsel with instructions on handling.
• Prepare payoff and pre-petition arrears figures and work with outside counsel on court filings including filing Proof of Claims, Reaffirmation Agreements and Motions for Relief from the Automatic Stay.
• Order and review monthly property inspections for accounts in bankruptcy and review for accuracy.
• Prepare, maintain and monitor weekly and monthly reports for investors and Bank Management.
• Monitor attorney efforts to ensure filing time lines are being adhered to pursuant to Bank, Investor and Federal bankruptcy guidelines.
• Review and process invoices from attorneys and 3rd party vendors.
• Ensure that bankruptcy accounts are being properly reported to the appropriate credit reporting agencies.
• Keep abreast of all changes to regulatory and investor requirements relating to bankruptcy and adjust policies and procedures as warranted.
- Bankruptcy Specialist at Valley National Bank
- Loss Mitigation Specialist at Valley National Bank
- Portfolio Manager at Hudson City Savings Bank, division of M&T Bank
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business and Design
Colorado Springs, CO 1999 to 2017 Promoted three times during tenure with company due to tremendous work-ethic and firm commitment towards organizational success. BANKRUPTCY SPECIALIST § Executed key account support for clients who had filed for bankruptcy protection § Ensured proper utilization of company applications while conversing with attorneys, courts, and trustees regarding bankruptcy filings and proceedings § Maintained a high-level of compliance and confidentiality at all times with a core focus on protecting Ford Credit's interest § Delivered quality customer service and organizational support while stepping outside of role as needed to best service both client and company DISCOUNTER § Responsible for the discount of all retail and lease contracts in compliance with the Truth-in-Lending Act and procedural requirements, while minimizing flat cancelations § Ensured the overall accuracy of retail and lease documentation § Monitored compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and guidelines § Collaborated with dealership personnel on any documentation discrepancies while working to correct those errors § Implemented administrative and customer service best practices to both improve and expedite the funding process CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE § Facilitated world class customer service and account support while support customer base regarding payment delinquencies and vehicle financing § Utilized clear and concise communication in order to problem solve and find the solution to best meet the needs of the client and organization
- BANKRUPTCY SPECIALIST at FORD MOTOR CREDIT
18 years at this Job