I a, a behavioral specialist who works at a group home , I transport these client to their program each ,morning. I assist them with learning such as behabio8 in home and public. They learn to prepare for each day I monitor their personal hygiene as well as living in their home and in public. Teach communication to them, you help them to become independent as well as being organized you help them to maintain their set goals. I transport them to and from programs and doctor appointments, I monitor them as a one on one staff in the community as welll
- Developmental behavioral specialist at Monarch Behavioral Health Services
- CNA/HHA at Angels homecare
- Monarch behavioral health/albermarle nc at
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Monarch educational classes and assements to maintain qualifications for job zs a develop emental behavioral specialist - Educational about mental health
- Edgecombe community college /cna/ certfication in 19h93 - Physcologyx/ english/maths z/sociology /spsnish/ creative writing/ cpr and first aid certfied
- High school - Required courses/ also health occupations study for cna
- Some college
Duties: Behavioral Specialist acts as a member of a multidisciplinary team in serving clients and families. Provide a safe and supportive program environment, and specialized case management and other counseling duties as required. The target population includes children and adults within the community who are suffering from emotional, behavioral, psychological problems, psychiatric distress and are in need of referrals to community services. Works closely with the youth in the home to asses any needs and work on building skills to help youth meet treatment goal. Documents each session and keep track of family's personal information complying with HIPPA.
- Behavioral Specialist at D'Veal Family and Youth Services
- Wraparound Parent Partner at D’Veal Family and Youth Sevices
- Food Service Worker at Pasadena Unified School District
3 years, 4 months at this Job
As a Behavioral Specialist at Stars Therapy Services. I would work one on one with children in their homes only. I would work with a child from 1-2 hours depending on types of therapy. I specialized in ABA therapy, so I would work with three to four children a day in their homes for two hours implementing ABA therapy and recording data on an iPad. Occasionally I would work with infants implementing infant education programs or toddlers who are diagnosed at risk for autism and implement early education programs.
• Observed and recorded client behavior and responses to treatment.
• Recorded client information on an application called Skills.
• Conducted therapeutic individual and family therapy sessions.
• Developed and implemented treatment plans and modified when needed.
• Directed family-centered, strengths-based, culturally competent and individualized intakes and assessments.
• Displayed sensitivity to the cultural and linguistic needs of the clients and families served.
• Maintained a caseload of more than two children.
• Kept abreast of new and developing information in the mental health field by regularly attending professional conferences and workshops.
• Presented case history material to review and discussion with other staff members.
• Mediated conflicts within families to clarify and resolve underlying issues.
- BEHAVIORAL SPECIALIST at STARS THERAPY SERVICES
- SALES MANAGER, EXPRESS at
- BEHAVIORAL SPECIALIST at NORTHSHORE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
5 months at this Job
- BACHELORS - Psychology
* Submitted monthly reports on progress of clients * Manage caseload of 8-12 youth daily and families monthly, including working with therapist, chemical dependency, case managers and home support services on treatment planning, referrals to other services. * Processed billing with in a 48 hour deadline * Provided interventions for 1-2 youth per classroom/social settings on behavior interventions as well as provide group interventions weekly. Planned summer outings in the community for entire group. * Maintained monthly budget, van mileage and other required tasks * Previous employment with YBGR-Behavioral Specialist from 6/14-3/16.
- Behavioral Specialist at YBGR
- Sales Associate at TJMAXX
- Assistant Manager at DressBarn
- Art Teacher/Para-educator at Yellowstone Academy
1 year, 4 months at this Job
As a Behavioral Specialist, I have completed a rigorous five-week training period. My instruction included the study of emotional and behavioral disorders, numerous restraint trainings and the development of 1:1 skills that allow me to work with any student/child. I am currently working my new set of skills in a special needs classroom with an autistic, college-age student.
- Behavioral Specialist at Community Care - Seattle
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) at AMR
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Public Health
• Provides direct assistance to customers, co-workers, peers, etc.
• Provides customer service, including anticipating customer needs, suggesting alternatives and problem solving, and is able to satisfy those needs with a minimum amount of supervision.
• Performs cashier services; handling large amounts of money daily, operating an automated cash register, process refunds, and conduct intercom announcements.
• Performs inventory control procedures by checking items for stocking from the manifest/orders.
• Ensures all tasks are performed in accordance to safety policies and procedures.
• Maintains a clean and organized working area in the facility.
• Performs other duties as assigned by shift manager. Youth Track Behavioral Specialist
- Youth Track Behavioral Specialist at Wal-Mart
- Shift Supervisor at
- Behavioral Specialist at Cassia County School District
- PSR Behavioral Specialist at Healthy Progressions
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice Administration
For 6 years I volunteered at Camp Encourage which is a camp for kiddos ages 8-18 on the Autism Spectrum. I spent two summers interning with their Behavioral Specialist and this past summer I was made an employee in 2017. My job includes making plans for each camper and to deescalate situations that arise with behaviors at camp. Being on the lead staff, I am the point person for issues and have to be on call 24/7 at camp top assist needs as they arise.
- BEHAVIORAL SPECIALIST & CONNECTIONS CORDINATOR at OLATHE USD
- OFF CAMPUS LEARNING FACILITATOR AND RESOURCE/ SPED SUPPORT at OLATHE USD
- at OLATHE USD
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Masters in the Art of teaching - Special Education
- Certification in High
- Bachelors in Psychology - Psychology
Licensed behavioral specialist specializing in Autusm. Formulates, organized and implement if treatment plan for client, parents and school personnel. Extensive training in FBA and ABA.
- Licenced Behavioral Specialist at Foundations Behavioral Health
- Recreation Leader at City of Philadelphia
21 years at this Job
- MA Clinical Psychology
- BA History
Klingberg Family Center 2018-Current
Child Behavioral Specialist I
• Work closely in a group home with troubled girls ages 15-18 (sexually abused)
• Teach them life skills/time management and how to build healthy relationships
• TCI certified and Med certified.
• Drove girls to appointments and to school.
- Child Behavioral Specialist I at Klingberg Family Centers
- Patient Access at Danbury Hospital
- intern at Judicial Branch Experiential Learning Programs
- at Securitas
1 year at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Justice and Law Administration
• Provide ongoing clinical consultation, training and guidance to direct support professionals
• Certified Behavioral Specialist
• Monitors and evaluates services and supports provided to the person.
• Coordinates the training of direct service workers on the customized support plan prior to working with the person and anytime an update is made to the document or supports being provided.
• Develops the Customized Support Plan (CSP) in conjunction with the support team and trains all direct support professionals on its use.
• Provides training to staff in implementation of the Customized Support Plan, fade requirements, Individualized Support Plan, positive approaches and risk management plan, dietary needs, and medical plans.
• Conducts a risk assessment and develops a risk management plan for individuals supported in the Signal's program who experience problematic sexual behaviors as required by program. Trains and provides the risk assessment and risk management plan to the direct support professionals.
• Reviews and approves safety plans to ensure adherence to the risk management strategies and ensure community safety.
• Participates as a trainer on program specific trainings, as assigned.
• Chairs or co-chairs comprehensive groups and activities.
- Signals Clinical/ Behavioral Specialist at INVISION HUMAN SERVICES
- Support Coordinator at IDEAL SERVICES GROUP LLC
- Foster Care Coordinator at PROSPECTUS BERCO
- Housing Specialist at HUD VASH
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor of Arts
- MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Sexual Orientation