• Communicates with clients and prospects evaluating existing coverage and providing recommendations
• Prepares and processes Requests for Quote (RFQ) and Requests for Proposal (RFP) for current and prospective clients
• Collaborates with a team to select employee benefit markets for solicitation
• Negotiates with carriers for benefit and premium considerations
• Works with underwriting and stop-loss teams to analyze data for self-funded clients
• Serves as technical expert and produces cost/benefit analysis utilizing Microsoft Excel 2013
• Responsible for mentoring Benefits Analyst candidates
- Benefits Analyst at Alliant Insurance Services, Inc
- Front Desk Associate at Murray Callan Swim School
- Financial Intern at Keystone Capital Corporation
- Community Service Leader at City of Irvine
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Economics and Math
• Prepares and consolidates proposals for presentation to clients and prospects: compares and examines all proposals to ensure that each carrier fulfilled what was requested.
• Markets all lines of group employee benefits including medical, ancillary and TPA (COBRA, HSA, HRA, and FSA).
• Negotiates with the carriers on rates, plan changes and commissions.
• Performs research for out-of-state clients and works with carriers around the country; consults with the consultants on the best options for the client.
• Serves as an expert resource for the consultants, account executives and account managers when it comes to market trends, new products and plan offerings.
• Maintains the Benefit Analyst intranet page.
- Employee Benefits Analyst at Associated Benefits and Risk Consulting
- Administrative Assistant at Associated Benefits and Risk Consulting
- Administrative Assistant/ Accounts Payable at Dacon Industries
- Teacher at Peninsula Children's Center
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- B.S. - Human Development and Family Science
Corporate Benefits Analyst for UCI International reporting to the Director of Compensation, Benefits & HRIS.
• Ensures all benefit plan documents and summary plan descriptions are accurate, compliant with government regulations and current for dissemination for all benefits programs/policies, such as medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) and retiree benefits.
• Works with 3rd party systems to ensure systems are programmed correctly and maintain data integrity. Manage interfaces with vendors.
• Manages the relationship with external administration/vendors and troubleshoots system issues.
• Liaison with finance regarding accruals, liabilities, and ledger posting.
• Manages plan enrollment process, life events, plan communications, electronic vendor transactions and reporting.
• Manage the benefit billing process, audit and reconcile payments, and work with providers to resolve issues.
- Benefits Analyst at UCI International
- Benefits Analyst at InnoSource
- Manager, Benefit Services at Xerox
- Administrative Supervisor at
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Business in Office Administration - Applied Business
Omaha, NE - Aug 2013 to present
A global manufacturing company providing engineered products and services for infrastructure and irrigation equipment. Senior Benefits Analyst
Benefits Administrator for company's Benefit Welfare Plan of 5700 employees. Focusing on communication strategies, vendor relationships, financial analysis, and divisional partnerships to meet department and organizational change and goals.
• Benefits Administrator of the benefit welfare plan. Including; strategic planning, vendor relationships, communication of benefits, plan document compliance, plan updates, and annual notifications.
• Manage the ACA process and regulation requirements.
• Coordinates Open Enrollment and manages the annual Dependent Audit Process.
• Files the 5500 and Summary Annual Report, completes the Nondiscrimination testing on Spending Accounts, 401K administration. COBRA administration.
• Disability/leave management, manages bill payment process for benefits, tracks annual costs, financial analysis of benefit costs, and end of year reporting.
• Coordinates Retirement Workshops and 401K presentations.
• Managed the Health Risk Assessment process for all employees and spouses.
• Involved in plan design updates to offer the best benefit plan for employees.
• Acquisition team member in analyzing benefit plans and communicating Valmont's benefit plans to new employees.
• Wellness coordinator for overall 'wellbeing' of employees.
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills. Maintains document library for company intranet.
• Works with employees on complicated claim issues and answers phone inquiries regarding benefits.
• Developed benefit communications for new online Workday system.
- Senior Benefits Analyst at VALMONT INDUSTRIES, INC
- Assistant Vice President - Human Resources at PINNACLE BANK
- Customer Service Representative answering calls for Dental Providers at BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD of NE
- President at Hillsborough Homeowners Association
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Leadership
- Bachelor of Science degree - Business Administration
Highland, CA October 2016-Present Manage ongoing benefit (health and welfare, retirement and wellness) program Senior Benefits Analyst administration and new program implementations Team Lead for any escalated issues directed to the benefits team. Act as a buffer between Management and the employee as it relates to Benefits administration, LOA and Absence plans. HRIS Liaison as it relates to Workday business processes within the Benefits and Absence modules. Troubleshoot any integration errors within HCM system Administer training and communication of benefits and absence programs Manage the configuration process of new business processes within Workday as it relates to new benefits and/or Absence related items Engage employees by building relationships and provide support during employee relation issues Manage the testing of newly implemented business processes to ensure accuracy Manage the pension plan for the San Manuel Fire Department Point of contact for the San Manuel Fire Department for any benefit or absence related issues/concerns Manage the Leave of Absence program for San Manuel Fire Department Facilitate meetings with HR Business Partners regarding LOA and/or absence issues Manage the process of the 401(k) Annual Disclosure Notices and Health and Welfare SPD mailing Manage annual compliance reporting (CMS, 5500) Administer all COBRA related functionalities Assist with the evaluation of policies, guidelines and legal compliance of benefit related programs Act as internal consultant and primary point of contact to employees regarding benefits eligibility, coverage and other benefits related matters Act as internal consultant and primary point of contact to employees regarding Absence plans including vacation/sick/holiday/personal time off Manage benefit events including open enrollment, wellness events, benefits training As a member of the HR Taskforce team, I assist in facilitating training for the HR Department Oversee ongoing benefit (health and welfare, retirement and wellness) program Benefits Analyst administration and new program implementations Maintain an expert level understanding of benefit plans, innovative trends and best practices, program offerings and regulatory requirements (HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ACA, Section 125) Oversee benefit compliance activities related to carrier policies, annual reporting (H/W 5500) and required plan disclosures (SPDs, 401(k) Fee Disclosure, Safe Harbor Notice) Manage retirement plan management activities including: processing 401(k) deferral and loan changes, facilitating hardship withdrawals, QDROs, and annual true-up Create and implement benefit understanding sessions for Executive/Management team members Provide guidance to the Benefits Coordinators as it relates to leave of absence policy interpretation and assists with the resolution of complicated issues Generate leave and accommodations activity reports and use data to report usage and trends. Offer recommendations for improvement to current leave policies/processes Managed the full functionality of benefits module for Workday implementation as it relates to system set-up, eligibility, new plans, plan rates, premium calculations, new enrollments, enrollment changes, Open Enrollment, carrier interfaces, ACA tracking and employee online-access to benefits information Absence and Benefits Lead in change management system from UltiPro to Workday. Administer HRIS changes in Workday as it related to Open Enrollment Events, New Hire Events, Life Status change events and Absence plans Point of contact for any and all questions related to benefits and/or 401k, if Benefits Manager unavailable
- Senior Benefits Analyst at San Manuel Band of Mission Indians
- Benefits Specialist and Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Superintendent, Human at Upland Unified School District
- Benefits Assistant at Citizens Business Bank
- Personnel Coordinator at Gardner Trucking, Inc
2 years, 8 months at this Job
-Investigate and resolve insurance member issues involving appeals, pharmacy, claims, benefits, coordination of care, and provider services. -Develop and implement training manuals and policies for Health Benefits Analyst. -Input data and maintain records in various computer programs. -Effectively communicate with representatives from the Maryland Insurance Administration, and The Maryland Attorney General Office in accordance with policies and procedures. -Prepare written responses and determination letters that address the issue and ensure they are resolved in accordance with accreditation and regulatory standards (NCQA, COMAR, and the Tricare Operating Manual). -Ability to generate reports for analysis by Directors. -Effectively trained 5 Analysts and 2 Supervisors -Explain member’s benefits pertaining to In-Network and Out of Network providers/facilities. -Identify problems pertaining to member benefits and report that information to Administration and Compliance Departments.
-Investigate and resolve insurance member issues involving appeals, pharmacy, claims, benefits, coordination of care, and provider services.
-Develop and implement training manuals and policies for Health Benefits Analyst.
-Input data and maintain records in various computer programs.
-Effectively communicate with representatives from the Maryland Insurance Administration, and The Maryland Attorney General Office in accordance with policies and procedures.
-Prepare written responses and determination letters that address the issue and ensure they are resolved in accordance with accreditation and regulatory standards (NCQA, COMAR, and the Tricare Operating Manual).
-Ability to generate reports for analysis by Directors.
-Effectively trained 5 Analysts and 2 Supervisors
-Explain member’s benefits pertaining to In-Network and Out of Network providers/facilities.
-Identify problems pertaining to member benefits and report that information to Administration and Compliance Departments.
- Appeals & Health Benefits Analyst at Johns Hopkins HealthCare, LLC
- Health Benefits Analyst at Coordinator Johns Hopkins HealthCare LLC
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
- Group Benefits Analyst at Office of Group Benefits
- Retail Clerk at L'Auberge Baton Rouge Hotel & Casino
- Substitute Teacher at Madison Preparatory Academy
- Peer Teaching Assistant at Clark Atlanta University
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Masters - Public Administration/Health Administration
- B.A. - Sociology
- - Czech culture and society
Cleveland, OH 06/2017 - Current
One of the nation's largest independent insurance brokerage and risk management firms (https://www.oswaldcompanies.com/).
Benefits Analyst/Senior Benefits Analyst, Data Analytics
• Responsible for managing a book of business of roughly 60 clients within the Oswald Benefits Practice for the Data Analytics team. Book of business consists of fully insured and self-funded employers with 50 to 8,000+ employees.
• Liaison to the Middle Market benefits practice for the Data Analytics team. Participate in all Middle Market team meetings to identify opportunities for Data Analytics to support the Middle Market practice. Viewed as a key resource for Middle Market service team members.
• Complete monthly/quarterly/annual financial claims reporting for fully insured and self-funded clients to monitor their health plans performance vs budget, and to monitor claims utilization patterns.
• Attend client meetings with members of the service team to present deliverables.
• Use Excel to create complex interactive financial modeling tools to help employers make decisions regarding their plan design offerings, payroll contributions, and HSA/HRA funding.
• Use underwriting tools to develop health plan spending budgets, and to estimate/negotiate fully insured premium renewals. Use Milliman tools to model the impact of plan design changes.
• Research employer health plan claims activity to identify cost drivers which lead to plan management opportunities. Create deliverables (dashboards, reports) based on findings to present to clients.
• Use carrier reporting sites and internal data warehouse to run/build reports and complete ad-hoc analysis (Aetna, Anthem, BCBS of MI, CVS, MMO, MHS, PBA, UHC, UMR, etc.)
• Provide direction and insight to other analysts on the Data Analytics team. Peer review deliverables prepared by other team members and provide feedback.
• Create reporting and analysis tools to address client needs (e.g., onsite clinic tracking report, payroll contributions affordability calculator, net cost analysis, plan design benchmarking, etc.).
• Actively involved in the management of our data warehouse; build and maintain account structure files, implement new clients, communication with insurance carriers to initiate data feeds, build/manage reports for Analytics team to use, etc.
- Benefits Analyst/Senior Benefits Analyst, Data Analytics at Oswald Companies
- Benefits Analyst at AmTrust Financial Services, Inc
- Employee Benefits Consultant at Chelko Consulting Group
2 years at this Job
- M.B.A. - Health Care Administration
- B.S. - Health Sciences
Job duties include calculating pension benefits and awarding retirees in the plumbing and pipefitting industry; processing survivor benefits for deceased participants; assisting participants in completing applications and benefit documents; answer phone calls and providing great customer service.
- Benefits Analyst at Plumbers and Pipefitters National Pension Fund
- Driver's License Agent at Motor Vehicle Administration
10 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts
Maintains customer confidentiality when analyzing healthcare records. ♦ Determines medical claim eligibility based on healthcare selection. ♦ Applies the correct benefit level for healthcare plans. ♦ Assists with customer reach outs to ensure benefits are applied accurately.
- Benefits Analyst at CIGNA HEALTHCARE
- Creative Director at RENEE ALEXANDER JEWELRY, LLC
- Staffing Specialist at PLACERS
- Staffing Consultant at EXPRESS EMPLOYMENT PROFESSIONALS
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Human Resources Management