Role: BI Analyst
Delivered quality products on time and within budget utilizing disparate tools and technologies for all clients.
Client: Current Client, TX Sep 2016 - To Date
Responsible to maintain and evolve BI Solution with latest Microsoft BI stack. Playing integral role in implementing advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data mining, data discovery, databases design and implementation to offer unique analytics experience.
• Led SQL BI developers building Power BI dashboard for Capacity Management to achieve Operational Excellence.
• Build reports within MSTR and SQL according to business requirements from requestor
• Created dashboard for Customer Service Excellence Program using SSRS reports integrated in SharePoint.
• Work closely with Business Analysts team to translate Business Requirements to Functional Specifications ensuring all user requirements are addressed using Requirements Traceability Matrix.
• Create Design Document including process maps, data flows, data mapping, relational models.
• Conduct joint UAT sessions to ensure that the newly deployed system runs efficiently and accurately.
• Improve performance by adding indexes and implementing appropriate structures including CTEs, Temp tables.
• Remain actively involve throughout projects lifecycle, creating and delivering technical and project documentation.
• Communicate projects status to cross-functional teams and program manager internally and to vendors externally.
• Perform data analysis to identify granularity of data for each fact and dimension table of enterprise data warehouse.
• Create complex stored procedures rolling up and aggregating transactional data to load Fact tables and generate analytical reports.
• Create ETL process including SSIS packages for data extraction from heterogeneous sources like databases, XML files from web service, CSV and Text Files from SFTP sites to load Enterprise Data Warehouse from multiple systems like Repair Order Management, Inventory Management and Procurement & Invoice Management System.
• Developed end-to-end BI architecture for new Accounting system including ETL process and role-based visualizations for nationwide sales and operational performance.
• Choose best option among available tools and methodologies e.g. Power BI Direct Query, In-memory mode versus SSAS tabular model based on performance and real time data requirement for Diagnostic Scan reports.
• Create multi-dimensional OLAP Cubes, SSAS Tabular models, added hierarchies and wrote MDX queries to create measures in the SSAS models for enterprise reporting solution.
• Schedule SQL Agent jobs to process OLAP cubes for updated reports. Tools and Technologies: T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2016, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, C#, dot NetFramework, SharePoint Online, MS Excel, Visual Studio (SSDT) 2017, Team Foundation Server 2015, Microsoft Project online.
- BI Analyst at Colaberry Inc
- at Corner Bakery Cafe, TX
- at Colonial Savings, TX
- at Global Wireless Solutions
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- MS in Engineering Management - Project Management
- Masters of Computer Sciences - Software Engineering
- Bachelors - Computer Sciences
As a Scorecard BI Analyst I validated scorecards, developed insights from financial data, and more. This role made extensive use of skills in Excel, Power BI, relational databases, and cubes. This role required me to be a proactive self-starter who worked decisively with or without direct supervision and maintain a high level of performance under pressure and tight deadlines. My specific responsibilities included validating multiple complex financial scorecards for multiple monthly publish cycles while engaging with metric owners to negotiate publication cadence timing and issue resolution. I worked with a team of analysts to develop insights from financial data, write commentary, and present and defend findings with evidence to multiple levels of stakeholders. My previous experience working with Microsoft Finance analytical projects helped me to leverage strong financial and analytical acumen to dig into data and understand standard financial reporting and write analytical commentary which was presented regularly, design and support automated reporting systems and deliver multiple complex technical deliverables. I used Microsoft Excel daily including authoring and troubleshooting standard formulas and functions (SUM, AVERAGE, IF, VLOOKUP, etc.), advanced functions (CUBEMEMBER, CUBEVALUE), pivot tables, macros, VBA, Power Pivot, Power Query, etc. I built on my strong experience in Power BI including report development and publish, data gateways, DAX, and an ability to produce aesthetically pleasing results. I worked regularly with relational and multidimensional database and cube environments at an enterprise scale. I regularly wrote and improved TSQL, MDX, DAX, and VBA code to support solutions under pressure within tight deadlines working efficiently, effectively, decisively with or without direct supervision. In other projects, I worked as a service engineer manager leading a team of 5 consultants in multiple global locations.
- Scorecard BI Analyst at Launch Consulting Group
- Senior Business Analytics Specialist at Microsoft
- Data Management Systems Operations Manager at Microsoft
- Technical Support Account Coordinator at Microsoft
6 months at this Job
- Some college
• Worked on multiple client projects covering proof-of-concept to enterprise scale deployments, including assessment, requirement gathering, analysis, development, testing, and deployment of end-to-end BI solutions. Presented findings and recommendations to senior management and C-level executives. ◦ During final delivery of solution, guided and built demonstrations for client's product owner to overcome doubts in accuracy by broader organization around new analytic solution. Based on examples showing how new analytic system could replicate existing reporting, this effort drove confidence in new solution and resulted in successful project delivery. ◦ Led technical project team designing Power BI sales performance dashboards for automated distribution to client's national customers, including ETL, data model, and DAX design and development oversight. ◦ Served as development coordinator of off-shore and client resources, including working as analyst and front-end developer during build out of a 100% cloud based Azure Data Warehouse and SSRS reporting and dashboard solution for a national provider of parking services in a multi-tenant environment. ◦ Worked with national media company to prototype, design, and develop Enterprise Data Warehouse to integrate and analyze diverse revenue streams from acquired companies. ◦ Collaborated with an OEM on numerous projects to extend and build inventory tracking and projection solutions for international warehousing and retail to support cost reductions and identify sales opportunities. ◦ Engaged with a large apparel manufacturer to implement a near real time factory analytics solution allowing the client to measure productivity of workforce and process efficiency. Designed and developed enhancements to merchandising tabular model with emphasis on finding an optimal go to market world-wide product assortment. ◦ Developed National Store Sales solution for a home goods manufacturer utilizing SSRS and SSAS.
• Performed SSAS Tabular performance tuning and query optimization on multiple hundred million to multi-billion row models by analyzing usage patterns and data volumes to identify and mitigate root cause of issues, to support long-term performance stability and scalability. Optimizations resulted in 10x-100x improvement in speed of key reports.
• Responsible for delivery on over a half dozen projects, managing teams of both junior coworkers and senior staff with a focus on implementing Power BI solutions for clients.
• Led dozens of public and private training sessions for audiences from 5-80 people. Developed materials for and conducted small group knowledge sharing and training sessions with technical and business client resources.
• Assisted Solution Architects in ETL and EDW analysis, design, and testing for Fact and Dimension tables.
• Promoted and shared best practices in production BI environments with internal and external teams.
- Lead BI Analyst at Nihilent, Inc
- Data Analyst at Best Buy
- Data Specialist at Cargill
- Master Data Coordinator at Target Canada
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
• Act as primary liaison between contracted clients and offshore development team.
• Coordinate the setup of Infor Analytics environment for contracted clients, including validating hardware setup, installing and configuring software, setting up data connections, creating cubes, and developing standard reporting and dashboard solutions.
• Gather and interpret business requirements into technical requirements
• Guide clients in identifying and prioritizing their BI requirements
• Lead training classes for Infor BI tools. Key Accomplishments
• Led Discovery Workshop, including four days of on site interaction with the client business teams, helping them identify their current pain points, prioritize their future needs, all while maintaining scope and acting as primary facilitator.
• Successfully led mutiple solution implementations for contracted clients, which involved communication, coordination with offshore resources, Infor BI development work, and documentation.
- Senior BI Analyst at FORTUDE
- QlikView and Qlik Sense Developer and Support at State Farm
- BI Tools Consultant at STATE FARM
- Data Analytics Researcher at STATE FARM
7 months at this Job
- BBA in Management Information Systems and Business Management - Management Information Systems and Business Management
· Developed and deployed reports using MS SQL Tools and Power BI visualizations to support decision-making and performing troubleshooting for the existing reports · Developed a Proof of Concept for Embedding a Power BI Report in a Web App for a potential client. · Analysed, structured and provided recommendation for Sales and Marketing data using SQL Queries and Stored Procedures · Established day to day direct communication with the clients regarding the requirements and the solutions. · Consulted and collaborated with Fortune 50 Tech company to provide Data/BI solutions using MS SQL Server for Sales and Marketing · Modelled algorithm using R for text mining (Naïve Bayes approach) using Data Mining technique, to classify support tickets raised for client’s platform · Performed Hypothesis Testing in R using t-test to validate the effectiveness of the assessments for support tickets raised for client’s platform · Created/Maintained pipelines to transfer/transform data from different sources using Microsoft Azure Data Factories and JSON scripts · Participated in creating a Resume Scorer for the company using Data Mining techniques in R, to help HR shortlist candidates applying for open positions, predicting a good fit based on the appearance of keywords related to specific job roles. · Conducted and manged numerous Data Analytics/Science related Knowledge Sharing sessions company wide. · Active member in creating and promoting Data Analytics Service Line, working with the higher management of the company constructing documents for implementation and methodologies.
- Data/BI Analyst at Exsilio Solutions Inc
- Network Analytics Engineer at Ericsson India Global Ltd
2 years at this Job
- MS in Information Systems - Systems & Decision Sciences
- B. Tech in Electronics and Comm. - Engineering
PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. is a U.S.-based financial services corporation. PNC operations include a regional banking franchise operating primarily in nineteen states and the District of Columbia, specialized financial businesses serving companies and government entities, and leading asset management and processing businesses.
Projects within PNC:
➢ PFP (Portfolio Finance Planning allows Technology, Operations Managers and Directors to plan projects and budgets)
➢ Investment Class Reporting (Reporting to allow Senior Management to categorize spend by Projects vs Non Projects or Run vs Change at Resource and Projects levels) Responsibilities:
➢ Interact with Business users for gathering the Reporting Requirements.
➢ Validation of all Business Intelligence Requirements.
➢ Involve in Data modeling Discussions.
➢ Suggest BI Tools which will fulfill the requirements and recommend best practices for design and development.
➢ Provide mockup for users using Tableau 10.1.
➢ Responsible for the configuration of the business Intelligence environment and configuration management.
➢ Design and Develop the OBIEE metadata Repository using OBIEE Admin tool.
➢ Development of Business Intelligence Reporting and information objects.
➢ Exposure to Big Data, Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, Pig, Spark, Impala, HUE & Python.
➢ Generating Drill down Reports, Drill down Charts, Summary Reports, Navigational Reports, Sub reports, Linking Reports etc. and create different Dashboards.
➢ Coordinate BI development to ensure conformity, compliance with standards and lack of redundancy.
➢ Design appearance and functionality of portal interface (custom style sheets and html) to improve reports, prompts, drill paths, & security.
➢ Build data dictionary & training documents for users and provide training on BI Tools capabilities via lunch and learn sessions.
➢ Analyze, review, test and alter reports to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
➢ Provide support for clients, internal users and hardware.
➢ Develop, execute and document function and specification tests. Environment: OBIEE 12c, Tableau 10.1, Oracle 12c, SQL, PL/SQL, Java, UDML and SQL Developer, Big Data, Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, Pig, Spark, Impala, HUE & Python.
- BI Analyst (Finance Reporting) at PNC Bank, Pittsburgh, PA
- Oracle BI Application Architect at PNC Bank, Pittsburgh, PA
- Business Intelligence Application Architect at PNC Bank, Pittsburgh, PA
- Business Intelligence Architect at PNC Bank, Pittsburgh, PA
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering - Electronics and Communication Engineering
- MS in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Perform analysis, data extraction, solution deployment, and documentation in support of the Financial, Clinical, and Business reporting solutions for Renown Health. Developed and executed SQL scripts to test data warehouse migration of current reporting application to Cognos BI Platform. Design, build, and schedule timely reporting solutions in support of Accounting, Finance, Clinical and HR systems. Collaborate with Management and end-users to gather reporting requirements and analyze internal reporting tools to ensure proper testing and validation of data elements on the finished product. Perform resolution of reporting issues, reporting analysis, and analytical support to propose improvements and optimize processes. Perform tasks in an extremely light and agile process utilizing Scrum Methodology. Technologies Used: SQL Server, SQL, WebFocus, Excel, Kronos, SharePoint, Cognos Analytics, Cognos Framework, Crystal Reports, Scrum Methodology
- Senior BI Analyst at Renown Health
- Senior Reporting Analyst at LA Care Health Plan
- Data and Reporting Analyst at Cognosante
- SQL Reporting Specialist at LA Care Health Plan
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems - Computer Information Systems
Project Description: The client is a leading retailer in the area of fine jewelry, fragrances and accessories. The Retail foundation project is an ongoing effort to implement the Enterprise data hub on cloud combining all EDW and various Pos data. This phase of the project involves the Inventory and Sales Auditing information being added to the hub for Asia region. Roles and Responsibilities: - As a BI Consultant, the daily duties involve, design and development of a dozen reports on Business Objects - Work closely with the Business Analysts to understand the functional requirements to technical specifications - Design enhancements to the existing universes - add new tables, include complex joins, build aliases and contexts, create new objects - Work with the Admins to implement row level security - Perform extensive unit testing and documenting results, work with QA team to resolve SIT issues and UAT defects. - Create a detail training manual for users across globe and provide training on the new reports. - Build and test Tableau dashboards using Tableau 10.1. Used features of Group/Sets, Action filters, Geo Maps, Parameters, Table calculations etc Environment: SAP Business Objects 4.1, AWS RedShift & Tableau 10.1
- BI Analyst/Developer at Business Objects
- BI Developer/Analyst at Benjamin Moore & Co
- BI Analyst Developer - WEBI and Tableau at SAPA HANA Studio
- BI Data Analyst at MUFG - Union Bank
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science - Computer Science
• Served as a liaison between clients and developers during project implementation
• Access clients servers remotely to troubleshoot problems with their database
• Utilizes T-SQL to write queries used for report designing
• Create store procedures and view for designing ad-hoc report for clients
• Designed ad-hoc reports using PowerPivot using several data sources
• Used complex T-SQL to query reports, built stored procedures and views with SQL Server
- BI Analyst at I-Ping Solution LLC
- Business Intelligence Developer at Buea Police Credit Union
- BI Developer at SSMS
- Software Developer & Business Intelligence Developer at Molua International LLC
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- Associate - Deg Accounting
- Bachelor of Economics and Information Technology - Economics and Information Technology
• Analyze data and reporting solutions to understand business impact, correlations/ discrepancies, and to propose changes/alternate solutions.
• Coach, mentor, and supervise project team, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for assigned work.
• Managed multiple projects in various BI tools MS/SAP with status update and project planning.
• Creating different type of Actuate reports such as pivot, parameterized etc.
• Reviews reports to determine basic characteristics, such as origin and report flow, format, frequency, distribution, and purpose or function of report.
• Coordinates with operation/servicing management that originates, handles, processes, or receives reports to identify problems and to gather suggestions for improvements.
• Recommends the establishment of new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information.
• Working & monitoring on Remedy and Jira ticketing system.
• Design, Create and maintain Complex Dashboard in Dashboard Designer 4.1 using Query or Universe as source.
• Working with conditional components display format in Dashboard.
• Publish reports on CMC and keep track of users access rights in Business Objects 4.1.
• Guide and Installed BO4.1 server from the scratch and set up user groups and lead entire reporting team.
• Working on universe tool UDT and IDT & Creating complex reports in Crystal 2013 and Webi
• Integrating SAP BO/Crystal with Tableau Dashboard thru open document or Hyperlinking.
• Create Graphical and Statistical reports in Tableau with various data source in one dashboard.
• Mentor team members in corporate standards, Procedures and enforce guidelines.
• Effectively lead team meeting with cross functional to achieve decision making and action
• Applies specific functional and/or business expertise to perform assigned tasks and develop specific project deliverables
• Document the business reasons behind application design, drawing upon a detailed understanding of the business.
- Sr. BI Analyst at City of San Antonio
- Sr. Technical Manager at HCL Technologies Sonoco - SC
- Sr. BI Team Lead at United Health Care
- Sr. BI/LIMS Support Analyst/Manager at Intertek
3 years, 5 months at this Job