Dearborn, Michigan August 2014 to till date Project: HR Data ware house Role: First Responder /Application Lead / BI Analyst Responsibilities: Analytics: ETL: Leader: Environment: SAP Business Objects XI R3/4.0 / 4.2, web intelligence, Design Studio, CMC, TERADATA, Oracle 11g, SQL developer, Data stage 11.5, Autosys, Data services 4.0, Tableau desktop 10/10.5
• Supporting global users across all departments who uses HRD reports
• Analyzing and providing the resolution for the tickets raised by global users. These tickets are of issues faced by users while using HRD reports of Data errors, Application analysis, Access issues
• Designing Dashboards using Tableau desktop 10.5. Report design for multiple portfolios using Business Objects 4.2 and Tableau desktop 10.5
• Validating the reports data by running the queries in backend databases to check reports fetching the correct results
• Creating ad-hoc reports if users want to see some combined results from existing HRDW reports as per user requirement.
• Validating users access levels based on the security metrics of HRDW security groups
• Tracking the reports data and validates across different levels i.e., PeopleSoft, Terada.
• Extensively using Business Objects reporting functionalities
• Finding and implementing Reports performance improvement techniques
• Monitoring daily loads in Autosys and work on job failures in Data stage and Data services
• Co ordination with ETL developers on development tasks of new job creation and in changes
• Developing / changes to existing job flows in Data services.
• Tracking Design / Enhancement activities / Task estimates through Agile Central Rally
• Data analysis, gather business requirements while designing ad hocs / data requests, develop reports, metrics
• Holding meetings with business users in order to give solution to the report / data issues
• providing technical assistance, training in data analysis to global users on different modules of data representation
Dearborn, Michigan August 2014 to till date
Project: HR Data ware house
Role: First Responder /Application Lead / BI Analyst
Environment: SAP Business Objects XI R3/4.0 / 4.2, web intelligence, Design Studio, CMC, TERADATA, Oracle 11g, SQL developer, Data stage 11.5, Autosys, Data services 4.0, Tableau desktop 10/10.5
- Application Lead / BI Analyst at FORD Motor Company
- BI Analyst, Facets Modelling at Trizetto Consulting
- Senior SAP BOBJ Developer, BO Admin, Team Lead, Onsite coordinator at Trizetto Consulting
- Team Lead - Crystal reports at Advance Insurance Company of Kansas
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - H1 B
CTBC Bank Corp. (USA) was one of the first Asian American banks to operate both in the Eastern and Western United States. Services provided include issuance of letters of credit as well as real estate and construction loans. Responsibilities:
• Defined the Scope Document and was involved in the system study and analysis of Data.
• Interacted with stakeholders, gathered requirements, rated them and assigned priorities to each of them.
• Research and generate competitors' analysis of market deposit rates, and to evaluate the effectiveness of new and continuing campaigns, advising on performance and opportunities for deposit acquisition & retention.
• Provided support to Business Intelligence (BI) department initiatives and other cross-functional groups by supporting data reports.
• Improve operational efficiency of Rate Exception submission by 50% by taking ownership of the submission process and providing feedback to senior management on documentation tracking.
• Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from flat files to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio.
• Implemented Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to ensure compliance in system transactions.
• Assisted in the implementations, support and enhancements of Front, Middle, Back Office and Accounting processing.
• Monitor Server Activity, Error Log, space usage and solving problem as needed. Install, Configure, and administer SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Converted Excel reports into SSRS reports and also into other required formats
• Involved in designing and developing Data Models and Data Marts that support the Business Intelligence (BI) Data Warehouse.
• Worked as a business analyst to build enterprise reporting system to support Risk Analysis, Securities and their Valuation, Asset Management, risks and returns, Bond Pricing, Derivatives (repos, interest rate swaps), Money Market Instruments and used strong knowledge of financial statements, cash flow, Financing Structures, Capital Management, Portfolio Analysis, Budgeting, trade capture application, risk management, and Investment Accounting
• Evaluate new and current digital/online banking projects and provide analysis to strategic initiatives to determine viability for Retail Banking Group. Such projects responsible are revamping Retail Online Banking Platform for Retail and SME consumers.
• Defining Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and planning the entire process using MS Project.
• Worked closely with Development team on ETL process, data infrastructure, data modeling, business intelligence reporting and dashboards.
• Supported technical staff with ad-hoc projects in creating reports using like tables, graphs, data presentation using Scatter plots, Pie charts, Bar graphs and Density charts using Tableau Desktop and SSRS.
• Successfully conducted JAD sessions to gain clarity and finalize business requirements
• Leveraged Agile methodology (Scrum) for development process using JIRA.
• Worked with Business Users to better understand their needs and present solutions improving the quality of IT systems.
• Responsible for writing Functional Requirement Documentation (FRD) and Stories in JIRA.
• Proposed changes to existing legacy application to transform into automated system.
• Target/Source system mapping and define transformation of data.
• Created UML Diagrams including Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams
• Used Blueprint to create Fields, Notification requirements, functional requirements, business requirements, process diagrams and use case diagrams.
• Reviewed the Technical Design Document and worked closely with developers throughout the development phase. Environment: UML, MS Project, JIRA, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Reporting Services 2012, Visual Basic Application, Power BI
- BI Analyst at CTBC Bank Corp
- Business Intelligence Analyst at ZIONS BANK
- Software Engineer Analyst at Accenture Services Pvt Ltd
2 years, 1 month at this Job
• Develop queries using joins, sub queries, store procedures, user defined functions, triggers, views, and TSQL.
• Create ETL packages to extract data from multiple sources, and load into different sources using various SSIS tools.
• Create reports using SSRS tools, and Power BI.
• Created ETL package to extract data from multiple source file like excel, and flat files, and load into OLE DB Destination.
• Developed and designed Tabular Model Cube using SSAS.
• Used Lookup, and Slowly Changing Dimension tool for creating destination table which maintains historical, and current data.
• Developed and designed Dashboard using Power BI (using different data source and Dax language for creating column, and measure).
- BI Analyst at People Tech Group
- Executive Officer - Trade Finance Department at Commercial Bank of Ceylon, PLC
- Programmer at Bangladesh International Press Limited
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Technology - Computer Science
Newmont is a world's largest gold mining company. This Project involved the overall Development, Support and maintenance of SAP Business Intelligence, SAP Data Services environment and various other technologies
• Project: ONEView (SAP Business Objects Reporting Tool) Overview: This Project involves the development and maintenance of SAP Business Objects Reporting tool for various functional areas in Mining domain. It had huge volume of data flow from SAP and other data sources in Enterprise Warehousing to manage the one stop reporting tool Responsibilities: ◦ Worked with the business end users to gather requirements and created Business Requirement documents (BRD) for the reports to be built ◦ Finalizing technical/functional specifications as well as designing, developing, testing, debugging application. Implementing and developing the new requirement provided by the business. ◦ Building Universe (UNX and UNV) and WebI Reports for various functional areas such as Human Resource, Supply Chain, Operations from SAP and other data sources ◦ Providing post-implementation application maintenance and enhancement support to the client with regard to software application. ◦ Troubleshooting the data issues which business faces from multiple data source to BI reports ◦ Periodic review the SAP BI environment for evaluating the performance based on the amount of data is getting loaded and users' feedback to implement the improvements for efficient reporting ◦ Responsible for analyze and identify the SAP BO & DS fixes patches and developing an implementation schedule for installation and maintenance issues or upgrades ◦ Administration: Installation, Configuration and upgradation of SAP Business Intelligence Platform ◦ Troubleshooting the technical issues and managing he incident management by solving with in SLA Environment/Technology: Windows, SAP BI 4.0, 4.1 & 4.2 - Web Intelligence, Xcelsius, Crystal Reports, Universes, Teradata, MS SQL Server, SAP Data Services
• Project: Portfolio Management and Spend Categorization Overview: The project aims at creating a BI Reports and Explore Space Dashboard for the business spend categorization since the data volume is huge based on the organizational requirement. User Front End is build based on the .Net Framework with SQL DB. Responsibilities: ◦ Assessed project requirements defined by customer, including desired reports and performance expectations. Conducted interviews with clients to solidify the required business rules and continued reviews throughout the project lifecycle ◦ Responsible for developing the User Interface reports to show various trends of Metrics ◦ Managing the database architecture to setup the Tables and View for best performance ◦ Involved in post-production support and managing the enhancements Environment/Technology: Windows, SAP BO 4.1 - Explorer Space, Web Intelligence, ASP .Net MVC4, HTML5, CSS3, MS SQL Server, Teradata
• Project: Reserves UI Overview: The project aims at collecting all the reserves information of mine site and to provide report. The Reserves information is collected in Database via frontend as Excel. Responsibilities: ◦ Analyze and provide the solution based on the requirements and business needs ◦ Interact with business on performing the UAT on deliverables ◦ Manage the development team to complete the deliverables on time ◦ Involved in post-production support and managing the enhancements Environment/Technology: Windows, SAP BO WebI & Crystal Reports, ASP .Net C#, HTML, CSS, MSSQL Server
• Project: Enhancement Management System Overview: The project aims at creating an enhancement management system to create enhancement request, keep track of all the enhancement process, locking efforts, send notification to users and stakeholders to ensure on time delivery and calculate the deviation Responsibilities: ◦ Developed the reports for effort Module analysis and monthly data. ◦ Responsible for developing the UI to show various trends for Metrics ◦ Managing the database architecture to setup the Tables and View for best performance ◦ Leading the project and deliverables ◦ Involved in post-production support and managing the enhancements Environment/Technology: Windows, ASP .Net C#, HTML, CSS, MS SQL Server
- BI Analyst at Newmont Mining Corporation
- Technology Analyst at DuPont
- Software Engineer at Perfect Forms, India
- Web Developer at Launchpad Ventures (P) Ltd
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Technology
• Worked closely with Business Leads and SME's to design and approve sample reports
• Worked on defining the scope of development effort to build reporting universe and reports.
• Co-ordinate with the team and business analysts in discussing about the technical and functional requirements for enhancing existing business objects universes based on business requirements.
• Design, develop, maintain and test universes for supporting ad-hoc queries and canned reports according to the business requirements using Webi, dashboard design and Tableau
• Interacted with users to know their business while gathering the report requirements and provided several report samples to finalize the requirements.
• Created Web Intelligence reports based on the requirements against the universes and tested them.
• Updated and maintained existing universes based on changing user requirements and based on changes in data source.
• Created different types of reports like Master/Detail and Crosstab.
• Exported reports into Excel, PDF and text formats as per the client requirements.
• Implemented Row Level Security in the universe using CMC
• Implemented report bursting feature using CMC, also scheduled reports to be triggered based on events
• Created Tableau Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill down. Implanted user level security
• worked with advanced Tableau features which include calculated fields, parameters, Story writing, table calculations and data blending, OTC Derivatives products.
• Combined data from multiple data providers (Merging), prompts, cross tab and master detail.
• Part of the operations support team to resolve production user tickets.
• Trained end users to use various functionalities of Business Objects and provided technical support.
• Worked with ETL to QC Data during Test and Real time Data Migration
• Worked with QA team to create synthetic Data for Report functionality testing
• Also worked with QA Team modify/approve reporting test cases Environment: Toad of Oracle 11G, Business Objects 4.2/XIR3.1, Tableau, Universe Designer, IDT (Information Design Tool), UDT (Universe Design Tool), Web Intelligence 4.2 /3.1 and Info view XI R3, BI Launch Pad, CMC
- BI Analyst at JPMorgan Chase
- Data Analyst/Business Analyst at T-Mobile
- Business Analyst at HSBC Bank
- Business Analyst at Amity IT Solutions
1 year, 2 months at this Job
Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using
Power BI and different data analysis techniques and/or tools;
• Define, track and report key metrics to assess overall business health; Deliver in depth analysis on business performance (trends, funnels) and drivers, as well as forecasts and targets;
• Build/design story telling visualizations and dashboards to enable ongoing monitoring of business health; Work with data engineers to operationalize dashboards and ingest new data sources; Provide actionable insights on how to improve services; Collaborate with other teams to provide data analytics support for their initiatives.
• Utilize data to generate insights that enables to drive strategy and positive outcomes.
• Consulting decision makers as well as end users on projects.
- BI Analyst at Grace Engineering Co
- (Manager) -Exxon R.S TN at Business Analysis & Consultancy
- Research Advisor/Data analysis at Addis Ababa University
- Policy analyst /Project Coordinator at WB, National Bank
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Economics - Economics
- Bachelor of Art in Economics - Economics
The Project was to build Customer Insight Model, and E-Commerce Model. The customer model had several touchpoints that states the customer journey like Customer Segmentation based on various attributes. E-commerce included Customer Engagement, NPS, Sales Budget, Product Performance, Product Affinity etc. Project involved BI Dashboarding for Customer Model, E-Commerce Model, Loyalty Programs, Store Operations and NPS. Responsibilities:
• Conducted various stages of Data Analysis like Data Acquisition, Wrangling, Exploration, Modelling and Visualization.
• Extracted data from various sources like Azure Data Lake Store, Apache Ambari, IBM Netezza, Azure SQL Database, CSV files and Azure Data Bricks to perform analysis.
• Conducted Data Analysis using Spark SQL, Python and Spark SQL on Hadoop cluster to obtain the desired results.
• Worked on data quality, data cleansing and removing data anomalies
• Extensively used PySpark and Python Libraries like NumPy and Pandas for scientific computations on data frames to build robust data analysis.
• Used several graphical techniques for Exploratory Data Analysis like Scatter Plots, Cluster maps, Histograms, Regression Plots to simplify quantitative information and identify patterns that established trends in the data.
• Applied the appropriate inferential statistical techniques in quantitative analysis to address various business problems.
• Determine the email campaign results by performing the test of significance (Chi-Square Test of Independence).
• Performed several ad-hoc data analysis in Azure Databricks Analysis Platform on KANBAN board.
• Collaborated with Data Scientist to build a reseller classification and forecasting models using various statistical methods.
• Perform User Acceptance Testing. Designed Test Cases, Test Plans, Test Scripts, and Test Scenarios to perform Functional Testing, and Regression Testing.
• Queried Hive HQL on Apache Ambari by Horton Works to obtain results with Customer PII and uploaded them on various social media sites like Facebook, Google and Twitter.
• Summarized statistics results to the business users via reports and interactive dashboards
• Summarized and communicated the analytical results to the audience in a Story-telling manner in Power BI.
• Built intuitive charts like Sunburst chart, Matrix, Chord diagram, Funnel Tab, Line chart, Scatter Plots in Power BI.
• Created user stories in JIRA with Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria and linked them to respective Epic.
• Estimated the user stories using the Fibonacci Sequence along with scrum team using Planning Poker.
• Demonstrated the new features / PSPI the team accomplished at the sprint review meetings.
• Performed Data Normalization for multivariate analysis using DAX in power BI and in parallel coordinates charts to normalize the scale by converging weights and bias.
• Elicited and incorporated the business rules in codes and in the Power BI dashboards. Environment: Agile Scrum, Jira, Retail, Hadoop - Apache Ambari, Power BI, Micro strategy, Azure Analytics Service, IBM Netezza, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Data Bricks, Spark, Python, PySpark, Bit Bucket, SQL, Confluence, Google Analytics, Google products (google sheets and excel).
- Data Analyst / BI ANALYST at Footlocker
- Data Analyst / BI ANALYST at David's Bridal
- Business Intelligence Engineer at Amway
- Business Data Analyst / Scrum Master at Bank Of The West
11 months at this Job
Develop reports based on business requirements, understanding of business processes, and knowledge of system logging to implement fully automated solutions Utilize SQL and Microsoft BI Stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS) for ad hoc quantitative analysis, modeling, programming and defining data requirements Ensure reports have the utmost data integrity and accuracy and present results to operational teams Perform special projects & other duties as assigned or needed
- Reporting Analyst/BI Analyst at Mr. Cooper
- Investor Services Representative, Sr. at Nationstar Mortgage LLC
- Loan Administration Analyst, Sr. at Nationstar Mortgage LLC
- Waiter at Saltgrass Steakhouse
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- BBA - Accounting
• Power BI: Develop dashboards primarily for Google Analytics and developed Live Data streaming visuals
• Power BI: Geo-Mapped Sales Data into both Domestic and International maps.
• Power BI: Develop web-based user forms that dynamically feed into PBi. dashboards
- Power Bi Analyst at Steven Douglas Consulting
- Financial Cost Analyst at Office Basics Corporation
- Business Intelligence and Analytics Analyst at AAA Club Alliance
- Sr. Business Reporting and Developer at Wells Fargo
2 months at this Job
- M.S. - Organizational Dynamics
- B.S. - Psychology
- Certificate of Completion
- MS - Power BI
- BI Analyst at Equifax
3 years, 9 months at this Job