11.0.6, Oracle, IBM Data stage, Business Objects, Microstrategy, Qlik View 12.X, Java scripts Project 2 Project Name Controlled Data Warehouse and Reporting, CITI GROUP NJ BI Architect/Dev Manager Start Date Sep 2015 End Date Feb 2018 Project Description The CDWR(Citi Control Data warehouse and Reporting) is Risk Intelligence Platform enables the collection and aggregation of risk data CDWR platform provides business users with the tools to respond to ever changing needs through Centralized Visualization, Reporting and Analysis, ad-hoc reporting capabilities. The platform comprises of IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Software and a Data Integration Layer that will eventually incorporate over 30 Citi Risk Data Repositories. Role & Contribution * Working as senior manager. Lead a team of 14 with onsite and offshore 24*7 models. * Creating Estimates for new projects * Developing High Level and Low level System design documents for existing and new projects * Supports the team in managing day-to-day operations within applications. Technology applications needs and can proactively prioritize the incoming Production Support requests to meet the needs of a dynamic business * Provides coaching, mentoring and career development support to team members * Establishes a positive work environment conducive to collaboration and teamwork * Works closely with team members to ensure a balance of workload allocation * Applies knowledge of what motivates individuals and teams to drive engagement, commitment, and performance * Deals with setbacks, bounces back from failure, learns from experience, and adjusts behavior where necessary * Uses empathy to consider team and stakeholder views, plan stakeholder engagement, plan and prioritize activities and tailor communication materials * Has a technical background and can identify potential issues of incoming new applications prior to team acceptance * Uses data to drive creative/innovative solutions * Ensures effective execution and implementation of programs or sub-functions in accordance with policies and procedures * Utilizes broad working knowledge of related technology groups to create integrated technical innovations/solutions for our business * Drives a culture of continuous improvement and innovation including instrumenting, monitoring, and measurement * Compelling communicator, both written and in-person. * Strong experience in client interaction and understanding business application, business * Involved in UAT and QA phase. Also involved hyper care of all delivered projects
- BI Architect/Dev Manager at Cognos BI
- Sr BI Architect/Data Engineer at CITI GROUP NJ
- Sr BI Cognos lead at Cognos BI
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Sicence & Technology - Education & Credentials
BMIS project is centralized enterprise data warehouse and Business Intelligence place to serve the reporting needs of WD Corporate. The key things to refresh executive dashboards and billings and outlook cubes every day.
My responsibilities are as follows:
• Architect the reporting requirements using Cognos BI
• Responsible to develop standards, procedures and best practices in Cognos
• Designed and implement scalable OLAP data model, ETL architecture and report framework
• Developed complex reports from Demantra planning application
• Created the cubes using powerplay transformer
• Developed Reports using Cognos 10 Active Reports
• Developed the Dashboards with cognos Work space and advanced workspace to meet the user requirements.
• Created Self Serviced Dashboards , what of scenarios , Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting applications with Cognos 10 Insight
• Used cognos SDK to integrate the cognos content with third party applications
• Implemented the row level security with security filters , Macros, Session Parameters and Parameter Maps
• Built the cognos BI solution from the scratch
• Created the parameterized URL's using Java script to run the reports.
• Created Java scripts to validate the Business Rules at the client side before submit the report.
• Created the model in Framework Manager and published the package for reporting needs.
• Acting as cognos SME(Subject Matter Expert)
• Design communicate and enforce standards
• Implemented strong BI process throughout the organization
• Troubleshoot and diagnose performance issues
• Performance tuning and query optimization
• Created ETL Mappings to load the Data into IDW.
• Developed Mappings/Workflows/Scheduling ETL process.
• Developed Re-usable piece of code like Mapplet to use across various modules.
• Used Third Part Scheduler tool Appworx to automate the ETL loading strategy.
• Created the Cognos Framework model to meet the business requirements
• Created the power play model to design multi-dimensional cubes
• Involved in creating reports in query studio/report studio for analysis of data.
• Created the dashboards to meet the business requirement.
• Created Event Studio Alerts to send email alerts/run the reports etc
• Extensively involved in creating complex reports and scheduling them.
• Extensively worked with List Reports and various formats of report generation eg, PDF, XlS etc.
• Worked extensively with prompt based reporting, Cognos SDK and Java Scripting.
• Experienced in facilitation of requirements interviews, presentations, training, and project management.
• Train and support users on the Cognos BI applications and Data Warehouse.
• Apply Data level security, Package level security and object level security on need basis.
• Performed Unit, System, Integration testing and Production Support
• Performed Deployments in various environments. Environment: Cognos10.2.1 (Report Studio, Query Studio, Event Studio, Analysis Studio, Framework Manager, Power play Transformer, Active Directory, IBM Cognos Administration), Informatica PowerCenter 9.5.1, Oracle 11g/10g, UNIX -Sun Solaris, Windows XP, Putty.
- BI Architect at Western Digital
- Cognos BI Solution Architect/Lead BI-DW Developer at Trimble Navigation Ltd
- BI Architect at Cognos
- COGNOS TECH LEAD at MILLENIUM PHARMACETICALS INC
4 years, 9 months at this Job
As a BI Architect, I am working on migrating data warehouse applications from an Oracle ecosystem to Microsoft ecosystem
hosted on Amazon AWS. My current responsibilities,
• Understand and reverse engineer legacy data warehouse data, applications, and reports.
• Design, rearchitect, and develop existing reports into Power BI and SSRS Reports.
• Developed KPIs in PowerBI for critical ATF data.
• Creating Data Models for Power BI Reports.
• Design and architect ASP.Net application for custom dashboards.
• Configuration management of reports including scheduling of the reports, manage user access, and report server.
- BI Architect, DOJ at Bureau of Alcohol
- Sr. Systems Analyst, FAA at BPA Services
- Sr. Software Consultant at Radar, Promontory Financial Group
- Software Consultant, Sovera Health Information Management at CGI
8 months at this Job
- Masters of Computer & Applications - Computer & Applications
- Bachelors of Science - Mathematics
Tableau, GIS, .Net, WCF, AngularJS Duration: May 14 - Till Date Team Size: 4 Role: BI Architect & Lead developer Responsibilities: - Architecting the Enterprise Data Warehouse for Axis Pricing Analytics and Exposure Management systems. - Implement Master Data Services, Data Quality Services and SSIS. - Implementing Change data capture feature for transactional and incremental loads. - Architecting the BI solution for Pricing Analytics project. - Work as SME for Data Warehouse, ETL and BI Solutions. - Creating SSRS, Tableau and Power BI reports. - Assisting the team in analyzing and completing the project work. - Interacting with clients and end-users to finalize functional requirements for the assigned deliverables. - Performed incremental loads while transferring data from OLTP to data warehouse using different data flow and control flow tasks in SSIS. - Improved Performance of the database by creating Clustered and non-clustered Indexes and by optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler. - Enforced data Integrity by maintaining and assuring the accuracy and consistency of data (using Constrains, Foreign Key relations) over its entire life-cycle. - Involved in maintaining batch log tables and error logging tables to handle errors using event handlers. - Involved in creating multiple dynamic reports using SSRS and scheduled a report to run weekly, monthly and quarterly based on the business requirements. - Designed dashboards that provided interactive reporting environment for market trend, forecast and budgeting using tableau. - Creating different types of GIS maps using exposure data using Google Maps API - Created HeatMap, Points, bubble map using google maps API - Experience in using KML files in Google Maps - Created WCF services based on user requirements to pull data from other systems and embed in excel - Designing and implementing web applications using ASP.Net, AngularJS Darwin COMM (Microsoft): Commercial Operations facilitates software and services purchases for Microsoft partners and customers of all sizes. It is Microsoft's goal to deliver innovative and efficient operational solutions that create great customer experiences. This Microsoft organization includes regional operating centers ("ROC" or "ROCs"). Each ROC provides consistent functions, field productivity efforts, and sales alignment for its geographic area to process customer agreements, orders, queries, and partner operations relationships at consistently high standards for efficiency and service. Business Intelligence supports Services, Global Process Office, and Partner & Field. I am responsible for leading the team, requirements gathering, preparation of estimates/ project plans for new assignments, communicate with clients, motivating the team in doing automations and developing tools and takes care of development work.
- BI Architect & Lead developer at SSRS and SSAS
- Software Engineering Associate Manager at Accenture Services Ltd
- BI Architect & Lead Developer at SSRS and SSAS
- MSBI Lead Developer at P & G
4 years, 8 months at this Job
• Current Tech Lead for BI project solution with Power BI Cloud Embedded: Azure token, LDAP authentication integration and Power BI Visuals, Row Level Security.
• Developed POC big data Report solution on Hadoop Hive with Hortonworks.
• Developed solution of PDF Report Automation with Cognos SDK, multithreading, intermittent connection recovery.
• Project Tech Lead and scrum team of over10 members developing Cognos Sale Dashboard and Scorecard project with business benefit of $16M. Application is configurable for global deployment to 3 markets. Defined scope, framework, and security. Managed priorities, schedule and sized TFS tasks for sprints. Integrated jQuery client on Cognos platform;
• Solution Architect with latest web technology. Handling Non-standard selling calendar, multi-grain fact joins, creating aggregation tables, optimized report run time from hour to minute;
• Deploying GM Global Enterprise BI Platform landscape across firewalls and DMZ zone for External user access; Linux, WebLogic with SSO and SMAL2;
• Optimizing BI Performance by analyzing query execution plan, tuning SQL, planning indexing, statistics, full scan, hints, bulk load, partition, etc.
- BI Architect at Cognos Development
- Sr. Cognos Administrator / Developer at BlackBerry Ltd
- BI Support Analyst at Cognos 8 and ReportNet
- Web Application Developer at Cognos IS & IT
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.Sc. - Electronics Machinery Engineering
• Data Modeling: Create relational database for retail raw data. Physical design with primary key and foreign key. Design DataWarehouse with Fact tables and Dimensional tables.
• BI Architect: Design application interface to meet business requirement, and build co-related query to reflect the action between the application and human being.
• ETL Process: Build ETL included TSQL, PLSQL, and SSIS package to transfer large size of data from MySQL, Excel , and CSV file to MS SQL, with Slowly Change function.
• DataWarehouse: Design star schema for cubes. Create cube with SSAS.
• Data Analysis: Design high level SSRS report by CTE and MDX. Create Excel Pivot table by pulling data from cube with Power BI, Pivot Query.
• Administration: Database backup and restore, SQL server agent and jobs execution plan. Database security control. System performance with index, partition and environment clean. Set up Cloud environment with Window Azure. Running the special query against Hadoop.
- Sr. DBA/BI Architect/Data Warehouse Architect at Loyalty Lane, Inc
- Sr. SQL DBA/Developer at Avery Partner Inc
- Database Administrator at Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Database Administrator at The Goal, Inc
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Information Systems
- - Computer Sciences
- BA - Law
• Managed the solution engineering team and the project
• Design Data Warehouse with Big Data platform
• Develop ETL process for data marts (AWS HP Vertica)
• Develop Machine leaning Algorithms for optimizing Diagnosis, Lab data analysis and outlier detection (Tableau, Python)
• Develop interactive data visualization for data QC
• Architect BI Dashboards for Lab and Diagnosis for global clients (Tableau, R, Python, AWS HP Vertica)
• Analyze root causes of data issues and assign them to proper teams to resolve
• Develop Tableau Dashboards for Hospital Lab with Python and R for predictive model
- BI Architect at Roche Diagnostics
- Sr. Consultant/BI Developer/Data Architect at Stanford Children Hospital
- Sr. Consultant/BI Architect at UCSF Medical Center
- Sr. Consultant/ BI Architect at UCLA Medical Center
10 months at this Job
- - Statistics Training
- Doctor of Medicine - 6 year Honor Program
• Responsible for Complex Data Modeling design
• Architect and design a Data Warehouse to contain Metadata for Metrix Reporting
• Head/Lead the Data Governance effort
• Document the current state and propose the future state for the Network Operation Center
• Determine the best way to host/format/store data for Large complex datamarts
• Leading the effort to migrate large amounts of data from/to Oracle GoldenGate
• Act as Lead SME for Complex ETL processes
• Create the Conceptual View Data Model using the business requirements
• Managed the application maintenance and support relationship for business intelligence with Charter Communications.
• Managed capital, BI projects and third party resources to deliver results.
• Championed a proposal to in-source offshore resources at a savings of $500K year annually.
• Became an early adopter of ITIL and established the Business Intelligence team as the model of effectiveness in Service Desk Management within Charter NOC.
• Drove the standardization of data warehouse design and ETL towards a dimensional model.
• Established the MS PowerBI suite of tools as the preferred standard for presentation and worked diligently to optimize the application architecture and performance.
- Sr. Data Architect/BI Architect at Charter Communications
- Senior BI Application Designer/Data Architect (consultant) at Schnucks Stores
- Senior Data Architect/Business Analysis at Nestle/Purina
- Senior Business Data Analysis/Application Developer at Barnes Jewish Hospital
1 year, 8 months at this Job
• Reviewed existing Business Objects deployment at DTE to identify risks and gaps
• Lead BI Admin team with 5 people including Data services, SAP BO, SAP BW team, Tableau and Cloudera.
• Conducted interviews with various teams to understand Business requirements and propose solutions accordingly.
• Upgraded, configured and applied security for the new business objects 4.2 Snd/dev/ test and prod including SAP designer ( formerly know as SAP Design Studio), SAP Lumria Discovery ( formerly Known as SAP Luria), SAP Explore and Analysis for office add on (4-tier deployment, clustering, capacity planning, server sizing, performance tuning).
• Re - Configure monitoring for various Adaptive Processing Servers, Adaptive Job Servers, Core Services, Lumria services, Crystal reports, Audit, Search, etc with Willy.
• Configured BI mobile for the dashboards, Explorer and Design studio dashboards to view in Apple and non - apple
• Created & implemented the DR plan for the business objects.
• Worked with conjunction with other team (like Network, DB, SAP BW) to provide the solutions on SAP BO integration and best practices.
• Created batch scripts for the weekly & monthly BOE SIA, Tomcat, clearing cache files and temp log files.
• Configured trusted authentication, Window Ad, F5 network, client tools, SSL, LDAP, HANA, BPC
• Configured destination job for email, FTP, File network and inboxes
• Migrated BO3.1, BO Xi r2 content to BI 4.2 SP5
• Created custom audit reports & custom SDK for the admin activities (Ex: to find out all the Data sources for the Crystal reports).
• Created new delegate administrator group, access level, folder security, application security, Delegated CMC access, LCM backup script
• Interacted with SAP vendor management as well as Tableau Vendor management for any tickets/ error
• Installed and configures tableau server, SAP BODS (clustered) for various projects sites and the services
• Configured tableau server with Windows AD, created groups, schedules, subscriptions, alerts, etc
• Point of contact for tableau licenses, created different content sites, created workbooks for the tableau audit
• DB2, SAP BW, Sql Server, Oracle as datasource for the tableau work books.
• Created worker nodes for the performance and scheduled the data sources
• Installed and configured SAP BODS, Tableau server, integrated with Windows AD, scheduled Data sources, reports, etc.
• Created and administrating Power BI with various source systems.
• Created Several Custom JSP program for the Existing Business objects (like Custom Url 's based on the functional domain, etc.) Environment: BI 4.2, BI 4.1 SP6, BO XIR3/2, SAP Dashboards, SAP Lumria, SAP Design Studio, Oracle 11g, Oracle 12c, SQL Server 2014, Informatica, Data Services 4.x/3.x Tableau 10.x, Power BI, SAP HANA, SAP BW 7.1. & SAP BODS 4.x, SAP Lumria designer and SAP Lumria Discovery
- Sr. BI Architect/Administrator at DTE
- BO BI at Wake Med
- BI Solution Architect at People Fluent
- Sr. Solution Architect/BI Manager at Global brands Group Holdings
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- BS - Computer science
• Installed and configured SAP HANA 2.0 Express Edition, Designed and developed SAP HANA data models and reports for the distribution center with data from SAP, MS SQL Server, and PKMS and Hadoop with Smart Data Access (SDA) from Hadoop and SQL server. The system includes HANA models and Tableau reports for inventory and delivery tracking, shipping status, shipping price impact, shipment by customer, by channel, by brand, by profit center, etc.
• Architected, designed and managed the Gross Margin Reporting project- the first true enterprise analytical solution for the company. Project analyzes information about how various KPIs contribute and impact the gross margin, such as total sales, invoiced sales, returns, markdowns, rebates, royalties, etc. Project extracts data from SAP ECC, SAP BW, move into Google Cloud Storage, data transformation and modeling with Cloud Data Flow / Data Prep, load into Cloud Big Query, then build reports and dash boards with Tableau.
• Architected, designed and managed the Global Pricing Reporting project- including price alignment with plant, price change impact analysis, what if analysis, data reconciliation with Periscope (a third party pricing tool) etc. Data were extracted data from SAP ECC, SAP BW and Periscope, loaded and modeled in the Google Cloud Platform and visualized with Tableau.
• Architected and designed Gross Margin reporting project with on premise Hadoop system, including multi-server cluster setup, data loading and transformation into HIVE tables in staging, transform and reporting layers, Tableau reporting, Hadoop system monitoring, tuning and administration.
• Evaluated and compared big data solutions with SAP HAHA vs. Hadoop on premise vs. GCP and different cloud systems such as AWS and GCP. Recommended the future BI/analytic architectures and roadmaps to company executives
• Managed on premise Hadoop cluster, GCP and Tableau servers including security management, performance monitoring, trouble shooting, license and key management, etc.
- SAP HANA / BI Architect at Fossil
- SAP HANA and Data Modeling Architect at IBM
- SAP HANA / BI Lead / Architect / Data Modeler at TopData LLC
- Sales Support as SAP BI / HANA Lead at CSC
2 years at this Job
- Ph.D - Environmental Engineering
- MS - Petroleum Engineering Geology
- BS - Petroleum Engineering Geology