BI Consultant to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City Tasked with developing BI reports and letter communications using Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence (Webi), Power BI, SQL, and database table linking ¦ Responsible for the annual subscriber communication letters for a wide range of products by determining the correct populations and developing the letters using SQL, Crystal Reports, Excel, and multiple databases ¦ Gather requirements, as needed, for report development
BI Consultant to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City
Tasked with developing BI reports and letter communications using Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence (Webi), Power BI, SQL, and database table linking
¦ Responsible for the annual subscriber communication letters for a wide range of products by determining the correct populations and developing the letters using SQL, Crystal Reports, Excel, and multiple databases
¦ Gather requirements, as needed, for report development
- BI Consultant at Apex Systems
- Report Writer at CACTUS Software (Symplr)
- Software Engineer Intern at NIPR
- International Language Associate at Olathe School District
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
- BS - Computer and Information Science
• Actively involved in gathering requirements from end users, involved in modifying various technical & functional specifications.
• Complied interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them to Tableau Server, which allowed story telling behind the growth in Loan approval with Quick Filters for on demand needed information with just a click of a button.
• Developed and reviewed SQL queries with use of joins clauses (inner, left, right) in Tableau Desktop to validate static and dynamic data for data validation.
• Prepared dashboards using calculated fields for different logics for trends, extended price calculations for different cost types, parameters, calculations, groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau.
• Published the developed dashboards into production and refreshed the scheduled extract, tuned the performance of the dashboard and created tableau functional design document.
• Mentored business power users to create reports/dashboards using Power BI desktop.
• Designed and Developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single Report/Dashboard in Power BI Desktop and Server.
• Involved in new KPI generation for Scorecards.
• Data collection and leveraging on data manipulation teams for required data.
• Identify new metrics and enhance the existing KPI's.
• Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Power BI server.
• Analyzed various reports, dashboards, scorecards in SSRS and created the same using Power BI.
• Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Power BI.
• Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
• Publish the developed report, reports on the Power BI Server so that the end users having access to the server can view the data.
• Scheduled frequency and time to refresh data for the when sources are publishes or extracted to server.
• Design and development of various reports and dashboards that can be easily accessible through Power BI online on Phones, Tablets and PC. Environment:Power BI desktop and Power BI server,Tableau, SharePoint, Windows, ETL, SQL, MS Project, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- BI Consultant at Fannie Mae
- BI Developer at Nationwide Insurance
- Cognos Developer at Myer HR DATA MART, IBM
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Information Technology - Information Technology
Aurora Networks, a Pace company, used home grown solutions based on Excel for Business Intelligence for their planning, receiving and shipping and most of it was done manually. Implementing BI solutions in different areas including Inventory management, Sales & Operations, Planning for easier analysis. Dashboards and reports created are used by Company Executives, business planners, sales and customer service representatives.
• Gathering requirements from business users to build reports & dashboards in Sales, Planning, Operations and Inventory modules.
• Building & publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards using Excel files and SQL Server database tables as data sources.
• Created visually compelling and actionable interactive worksheets & dashboards to track Shipments, PO's, Booking information and some complex corporate dashboards.
• Converting existing BO 4.x reports & dashboards into tableau dashboards.
• Created workbooks and dashboards using Quick table calculations, Custom hierarchies, Sets & Parameters to meet the business needs in Tableau.
• Involved in creating forecasting and various trend reports by extensively Advance analytics like Reference Lines, Trend Lines and Bands.
• Provided all the necessary documentation and training to the end users.
• Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
• Communicating with the server using TABCMD and TABADMIN command utility tool.
• Designed and created Universes, WebI reports & Dashboards using SAP Business Objects 4.x.
• Developed different Tableau data visualizations using Combo charts, Heat maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter Plots, Geographic Maps, Cross tabs, Histograms etc.
• Performed administration tasks such as creating and managing Sites, setting permissions, managing ownerships, providing access to the users using user filters and adding them to the specific group. Environment: SAP Business Objects 4.x, SAP Business Objects DataServices 4.1, Information Design tool (IDT), Web Intelligence, Tableau Desktop 8.0, Tableau server 8.0, MS SQL Server 2008/12, Windows XP.
- Tableau BI Consultant at PACE Aurora Networks
- Tableau BI Developer at American Reprographic Company (ARC) Document Solutions
- SQL BI Developer at Mind Tree
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Masters - Information Systems
• Setup new users/groups
• Troubleshoot server issues
• Monitor usage for inefficiencies and usage
• Implement change management between environments
• Perform software installation and configuration (WebFOCUS 8105 to 8202)
• Develop proof of concept and dashboard mockups for developers and users
- BI Consultant at Daimler Trucks North America
- BI Consultant at Orange & Rockland Utilities
- BI Consultant at Froedtert Hospital
- Project Lead-Data Acquisition and Data Integration at Fox Network Group
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's - Information Systems Management
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
Convert Business Objects systems/reports to SSRS solution/reports, PL/SQL code to cater all existing reporting needs.
- BI Consultant at Rutgers Foundation, New Jersey
- BI Consultant at Skyline Technologies/MGS Mfg. Group, Wisconsin
- BI Report Developer/Consultant at GC Partners/Mitratech
- BI Report Developer/Consultant at InfraSource Inc
10 months at this Job
• Work closely with various teams across the company to identify and solve business challenges.
• Monitor execution of major signature programs from the stage of creation & management of project plans, keep close track of delivery related schedules.
• Provide best practice and solutions for the clients, advising them on usage information technology to meet their business objectives or overcome problems improving the structure and efficiency of the IT systems.
• Analyse requirements of clients, give independent & objective advice, develop agreed solutions and implement new systems; guide clients on business transformation and change-management activities.
• Work with the Business and IT Teams on finalization of requirements, document them and publish them to the support teams to set deliverables as a part of the project plan.
• Maintain project documentation such as FRD (Functional Requirement Document), UX/UI Prototypes and process related documentation.
• Initiate, plan, schedule and track projects, participate in project risk assessment and status reporting including monthly & weekly status reports.
• Create data Visualizations like Choropleth Maps, Gauge Charts, Chord Maps using other external charting libraries.
• Monitor WebFOCUS administration and security along with CM package management and migration process.
• Develop complex reports by extracting data from multiple tables using joins, also other techniques of merging data and developing active and drill down reports, use of Bootstrap, JQuery for styling and Responsive Web Design reports.
- BI Consultant at Amtex Systems, NJ
- BI Application developer - Intern at Amtex Systems, NJ
- Programmer Analyst Trainee at Radiss Tech Services Inc
- Software Solution Consultant, IT Coordination and Organization-AA at Bosch Limited
1 year, 9 months at this Job
• Overall accountability for managing SSRS and Power BI reporting implementation alongside the side by side implementation of SAP ERP
• Develop SSRS and Power BI reports as per requirements to source data from the SAP ERP system
• Hire appropriate backend developers and .net specialists in accordance to implementation requirements to source data from the SAP System
• Architect ETL process and data flow from SAP system to SQL Server, to standardize report ingestion process for Ernest clients through SSRS report subscriptions
• Provide status and follow up with stakeholders responsible for managing Ernest's worldwide clients Environment: SAP ERP, SSRS/SSIS Stack, SQL Server 2008, Power BI, Microsoft Azure
- BI Consultant at Ernest Packaging Solutions
- BI Consultant at Lockheed Martin Corp
- Director, Business Intelligence at
- Manager of Business Intelligence at Asics America
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Ecology - Social Ecology
* Successfully migrated periodic and operational financial reports from legacy reporting systems, Crystal Reports, Hyperion, BI Publisher, Cognos to OBIEE with JD Edwards, SQL Server, EBS as the data sources. * Performed scope gap analysis of legacy reports for transformation to OBIEE; source to target data mapping of tables/columns, SQL translations and data validation. * Designed row/object-level security utilizing variables & application roles leveraged from MSAD and EBS. * Reviewed RPD mappings which led to changes and creation of new objects to augment the migration; created star/snowflake schemas, bridge tables, and federation data sources. Performed unit testing of changes. * Built reports and dashboards according to client specifications with different analytics views. * Built BI Publisher reports; creating data models and templates. * Collaborated with Salesforce team to execute solutions for the incremental phases of the project. * Setup new users based on Roles and Profiles and assisted in preparing and loading data files into Salesforce using API data loader. * Performed daily administration and support of Salesforce application including security, sharing rules, profiles, roles, groups, custom objects, fields, record types, page layouts and validation rules. * Developed and created customized views, reports and dashboards in Salesforce. * Tested and deployed customizations and new functionality in sandbox test environments and migrate or implement in production while adhering to change management policies.
- Senior BI Consultant at Lee County FL, Emory University, Vulcan Materials
- OBIEE Lead Developer at Verizon Wireless
- OBIEE Lead Developer at Macys
- Lead Developer at Bank of America
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Liberal Arts - Information Management Systems
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor of Business Studies - Finance
Pharmaceuticals Designed and produced suite of Supply Chain Tableau dashboards, which have become the primary analytical tool for group of buyers, collectively responsible for purchasing over $500 million worth of product per day. Industrial Distributors Provided BO/BW development support for Facilities Management department. Loyalty Platform Developed ETL processes and Red Shift DW to support BI reporting initiatives. Trained client in the use of Tableau for data discovery and dashboarding. Semiconductor Manufacturer Designed financial and operational BI Dashboards to support c-level executives.
- Senior BI Consultant at Method360
- SAP BI Consultant at ProMorphics
- SAP Xcelsius Dashboard Designer at Analysis Factory
- Intern at ConnectEDU
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Economics
Irving, TX Aug, 2011 - Current Epsilon is leading provider of multi-channel, data-driven technologies and marketing services for different range of customers from Banking to Retail to Hospitality to Pharma to Manufacturing etc. around the globe. As a senior BI consultant I have involved in supporting the multiple clients like Banking, Mortgage and Hotels in epsilon by providing the optimal solutions In the Business intelligence platform. BI Architecture: Tableau 2019.1, Cognos10.x/8.x, Oracle 11g, Business Objects4.1, Framework Manager10x ◦ Extensively worked on Tableau dashboard development for multiple clients. ◦ Created different dashboard ranging from Promotional data to analytics data to fulfillment to survey data etc. ◦ Worked on setting row level security for the Global and US users dashboard users by creating security sets and user filters in the dashboard. ◦ Developed on report templates/porotypes in tableau using test data. ◦ Created action filters, parameters, Level of detail functions for dashboards and worksheets in Tableau. ◦ Understanding the scope of data and prepping the data as required by the dashboard. ◦ Worked on gathering data from multiple data sources and blending the data in the Tableau workbooks. ◦ Worked on integrating google sheets and tableau dashboards to capture analytical data. ◦ Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server. ◦ Installed and configured Cognos10.2 BI suite on multi server environments and defined standards for Cognos environment setup. ◦ Lead different Cognos upgrade project on different clients across the company. ◦ Analyze business needs, translate them into technical specs, and created Standard Report Templates, Dynamic Dashboards, Drill through and Conditional formatting reports using Report Studio and Query studio. ◦ Create and maintain installation documentation and architectural diagrams ◦ Implement package deployments and troubleshoot package issues ◦ Modify, install, and prepare technical documentation for Cognos applications ◦ Provide Level 2/Level 3 support for Cognos ◦ Developed variety of Cognos reports for the end users ◦ Conducted BI scrum and Operations meetings between the BI teams and BSA teams on daily and weekly basis. ◦ Created different Ops Reports for the Business as usual support. ◦ Wrote different Production support and weekly Maintenance documents for the IT Operations team ◦ Worked extensively with event studio to create Cognos Events for the Weekly and Monthly Reports run. ◦ Involved in Production and On Call support ◦ Involved in working on the Cognos installation and Configuration for migration projects. ◦ Customizing Cognos Connection Portal based on user specifications. ◦ Built Framework Manager Model, and established the cardinalities to suit the business needs. ◦ Implemented security for Data access, Object level access and Package access. ◦ Created User Groups, Roles to implement the Cognos Security, using LDAP. ◦ Developed and Published Packages in Framework Manager - Connecting and testing the data source, created database layer, physical layer and presentation layer, defining appropriate relationship between query subjects. ◦ Developed Reports using Conditional Formatting, Cascading Prompts and Report Bursting. ◦ Developed List, cross tab, drill through, master-detail, chart and complex reports which involved Multiple Prompts, Filters, multi-page, multi-query reports against multiple databases. ◦ Used filters for efficient data retrieval ◦ Testing the report and the validity of the data it retrieves from the database & Verification of the data in the back end database using TOAD. ◦ Making enhancements of the report based upon the requirements of the user & modifying the existing report based upon the change request by the user & Resolving the Performance issues of the Reports.
- senior BI consultant at Epsilon Inc
- Sr.Cognos Developer at JP Morgan Chase
- Cognos Developer at Alcon Laboratories
- Developer/ Production Support Admin at Welch Foods
8 years, 1 month at this Job