• Working with the BI Dashboards team as a Lead BI/ SQL Developer.
• Worked on end to end implementation of BI Projects.
• Worked on Designing of DM based on Star Schema and ETL loads in SSIS, Designing Tabular Cubes & Dashboards in Power BI.
• Worked on creating Standards for designing BI Projects, database's, Server's & auditing features for the DataMart's.
• Designed & Developed DataMart's for Financial Reporting.
• Designed & developed SSIS loads for the DataMart.
• Worked on performance tuning of the stored procedures in SQL Server.
• Developed SQL Code, Procedures, user Functions & Queries to process the data.
• Created deployment scripts for releasing SQL code onto Dev, QA & Prod Servers.
• Created Technical documents for the processes implemented.
• Worked on creating SSAS Tabular Cubes on top of DM's.
• Worked on maintaining Reports in Power BI.
• Worked with Business Teams to understand & implement requirements. Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, SQL Server Data Tools 2014 (SSIS, SSRS & SSAS), Visual Studio 2013, Team Foundation Server 2015, MS-Office Suite 2013, Share Point, Micro Strategy 9, Power BI, Windows 10.
- Lead BI Developer at RiverStone Inc
- Lead BI Developer at EMC
- Sr. SQL Server / BI Developer at Merkle Inc
- Sr. SQL Server / BI Developer at Inovalon, MD
3 years, 1 month at this Job
Robert Half, Client: YMCA Seattle, Seattle, WA, USA 7/2018 - 2/2019
• Developed custom calculated measures using DAX in Power BI to satisfy business needs.
• Implemented complex calculations in SSAS Tabular model using DAX.
• Created workspace and content packs for business users to view the developed reports.
• Designed SSAS Cubes, named calculations for dimensions and involved in improving the SSAS Tabular Model performance by doing partitions.
• Designed and configured dimensions, attributes, hierarchies, business critical KPIs, aggregations and cube partitions using SSAS.
• Performed data cleaning, data aggregation, deal with heterogeneous sources and optimize the data extraction and conversion process using SSIS.
• Designed and developed power BI reports and dashboards from multiple data sources.
• Created drill down reports, drill through report by region/branch.
• Scheduled automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in Power BI service.
• Works with ESRI ArcMap, ArcGis Online and Analysis.
• Developed web mapping applications using ArcGIS Online and interactive web map projects.
• Experience in creating custom widgets and themes for web AppBuilder.
• Environment: MS SQL Server 2016, SQL Server Management Studio-2017, SQL Server Data Tools, SSIS, SSAS (Tabular-DAX), SSRS, Power BI, Microsoft Visual Studio-2017, SQL Profiler, MS Excel, TFS, ARCGIS Online.
- BI Developer at YMCA Seattle
- Data Analyst and Researcher at Edmonds Community College
- Data Analyst and Researcher at Edmonds Community College
- Data Analyst at University of Gondar, Gondar
7 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Materials Science & Engineering
- M.Sc. - Physics
- B.Ed. - Physics
SQL Server BI Developer/DBA (SQL/SSMS/SSIS/Tableau)
- SQL Server BI Developer/DBA (SQL/SSMS/SSIS/Tableau) at SQL Server BI Developer/DBA (SQL/SSMS/SSIS/Tableau)
at this Job
September 2017 - Present) Agile environment. Conifer Health provides business software and services to the health care industry so our customers can focus on patient care. BI Architect \ BI Developer: Project: Took over Conifer Health's initiative to build a Data Warehouse for use by the customer base. I was able to re-architect key Dimensions and Fact tables to increase performance of loading over three billion records. Integrated new fields and feeds from Conifer's transaction based systems. A lot of SSIS, SQL scripting, and performance tuning.
- BI Architect \ BI Developer at Conifer Health
- Consultant at Point to Point Consulting
- Senior Data Warehouse Developer at One Technologies
- SQL Server \ BI Architect at
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- B. S. - Business Administration
- Diploma in Computer Programming - Computer Programming
I operated as a Power BI developer throughout my role where I gathered user requirements to adjust a project that was well behind the schedule, designed data flows for various reporting purposes, created Power BI reports and performed the initial analysis once the project was in production. Responsibilities:
• Delivered BI reporting solutions in Power BI, Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Integrated custom visuals based on business requirements using Power BI desktop.
• Provided continue maintenance and development of bug fixes for the existing and new Power BI Reports.
• Installed and configured Enterprise gateway and Personal gateway in Power BI service.
• Gathered and documented business requirements for analytical reports.
• Developed complex SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTEs), to support Power BI and SSRS reports.
• Created reports utilizing SSRS, Excel services, Power BI and deployed them on SharePoint Server as per business requirements.
• Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in Power BI service.
• Created drill down and drill through reports with parameters in Power BI and SSRS.
• Developed custom calculated measures using DAX in Power BI to satisfy business needs.
• Developed multiple dashboards, analytical reports, KPIs, and interactive reports based on business requirements using Power BI and SSRS.
• Worked on all types of transformations that are available in Power bi query editor
• Created tables, matrix, and chart reports as required and deploy those reports into Power BI Service.
• Implemented security measures at Power BI Service by implementing authentication and authorization methods.
• Performed the Power BI report validation against the databases.
• Deployed and scheduled the reports in the Power BI Service.
• Created workspace and content packs for business users to view the reports. Environment: MS SQL Server 2017, SSIS, SSRS, MS-Office, Visual Studio 2015, SQL, TSQL, Microsoft Teams, Power BI.
- SQL Power BI Developer at Coveris
- SQL/BI Developer at Walmart, IBM
- IT Analyst at Bala Woolen Mills Pvt. Ltd
- Lecturer at S.N.B.P. College
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Engineering - electronics and telecommunication
Autodesk, San Francisco, California Jun'18-Aug'18
Data Engineer / BI Developer Responsibilities:
● Identified the main KPIs and created dimensions and measures.
● Created the view for support custom case while building an explore for the custom case.
● Developed a dashboard using looker and QlikView tool which is live now.
● Pre and post session assignment variables were used to pass the variable values from one session to other.
● Designed data models for storage and retrieval.
● Developed worksheets using parameters, calculated fields, groups, sets and hierarchies and different styles like bar, pie, tree map, dual axis, and filled maps.
● Designed and developed drill through and drill down reports in dashboards using Filters, parameters.
● Worked with Business Analyst in requirements gathering, business analysis and project coordination.
● Ability to analyze the large datasets.
● Organized and reported training statistics to company-wide management.
● Participated in collecting, organizing, and interpreting data along with fellow colleagues.
● Worked with advanced calculations to draw conclusions about data findings.
● Performed Unit tests development work and validates results with Business Analyst. Environment: Looker, Oracle 10g, SQL, TOAD, UNIX.
- Data Engineer / BI Developer at Autodesk
- Data Engineer at Credit Suisse Bank
- Data Analyst at Tata Consultancy Services
- Data Analyst at Bank of America
2 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Engineering - Computer science
Zurich Dashboards - Power BI Migration Description: Zurich Senior Management came up with an approach to migrate all the Dashboards from Business Objects to Power BI and the backend to be moved from a regular Relational Database to Microsoft Azure Cloud Environment. This decision is taken to enhance the existing functionality and provide rich look for Users without compromising on the performance
Duration: August 2017 to till Date
Location: CSC US, Schaumburg IL
Client: ZURICH INSURANCE COMPANY
Role: Power BI Developer
Environment: Microsoft Azure, ADLS, ADLA, ADF Storage Account & Power BI Responsibilities
➢ Expertise in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI and Power Pivot
➢ Design Data Models for various Dashboards that need to be transitioned from Business Objects to Power BI
➢ Review the Models with Power BI Team and make them understand how all the Tables connect to each other
➢ Obtain Inputs from Power BI Team regarding changes to the delivered Model which would enhance the Dashboard performance
➢ Create an exhaustive list of Tables that need to be migrated from On-Premise Server to Azure Data Lake Store
➢ Create Input and Output Datasets in Azure Data Factory and use them in Copy Activities within a specified pipeline
➢ Ensure proper dependency is setup between different activities present in a pipeline by making use of Input / Output Datasets
➢ Prepare U-SQL for existing Informatica Source Qualifier Transformation and test it under Azure Data Lake Analytics Account
➢ Create workspaces and Update Apps in order to provide access to Business Users
➢ Prepare Deployment Plans for Base Support Team to migrate pipelines from QA to PROD Environment with appropriate permissions granted
➢ Schedule calls with ETL, Power BI & QA Team to consolidate the status on progress of the Project and share the same with the Client
➢ Prepare Runbook for Productionm Support Team making it easier for them to execute the ADF Pipelines without losing track of the dependency between different pipelines.
- Power BI Developer at ZURICH INSURANCE COMPANY
- Broker Performance Management Dashboard at ZURICH INSURANCE COMPANY
- Power BI / Data Specialist at ZURICH INSURANCE COMPANY
- Power BI Developer / Data Specialist at ZURICH INSURANCE COMPANY
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology - Information Technology
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, WA June 2017 - Present
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is a nonprofit organization which fund innovative ideas that could help remove these barriers: new techniques to help farmers in developing countries grow more food and earn more money; new tools to prevent and treat deadly diseases; new methods to help students and teachers in the classroom.
BI Developer/Architect (Power BI & MicroStrategy)
• Collaborated with senior management, business users and subject matter experts to gather and finalize business requirements.
• Participated data mapping sessions to understand business needs and documented detailed business rules.
• Transformed business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements.
• Created mockups, high level design documents that meets business requirements and ensured these get validated by end users.
• Utilized Power Query in Power BI to Pivot and Un-pivot the data model for data cleansing and data massaging.
• Designed data model and developed reporting layer using Azure Analysis services.
• Developed enterprise reports and dashboards around investment management and financial data. Also, used out of the box and custom visualizations based on user requirements.
• Developed complex measures using DAX and also developed bookmarks for hiding/unhiding page/visuals and resetting the slicers.
• Handled many to many, role playing dimensions, joins etc. using Power BI.
• Managed roles and implemented row level security within Power BI.
• Used Power BI publisher to share excel dashboards to Power BI service and setup dynamic refresh.
• Embed Power BI reports into Salesforce and SharePoint portal page. Also managed access of reports and data using user roles.
• Developed schema, application and reports/document objects based on end user requirements using MicroStrategy.
• Developed complex reports and dashboards for Web/Mobile devices using MicroStrategy. Also developed dossiers for ad-hoc request.
• Developed usage statistics reports using Enterprise Manager.
• Provided continues maintenance and development of bug fixes for the existing and new Power BI/MicroStrategy reports.
• Used GitHub for version control and developed unit test cases.
• Validated data by writing SQL queries against different data sources. BI Administration (Power BI & MicroStrategy)
• Installed gateway for on-premise data sources to keep reports and dashboards up to date.
• Setup work space and access within each work space based on security model.
• Developed custom usage statistics reports based on logs captured within office D365 and used scripting to automate adding/removing of users, work spaces within service.
• Installed and configured MicroStrategy v10.11 components on windows for Dev and Prod environment.
• Installed and configured MicroStrategy Dossier for end users.
• Created users, roles & privileges in the MicroStrategy Environment.
• Worked on MicroStrategy Object Manager to migrate objects between projects.
• Configured Enterprise Manager and developed customized reports to depict the usage and performance of reports, user activity and cache analysis.
• Involved in troubleshooting MicroStrategy environments issues.
- BI Developer/Architect at Third I Inc
- MicroStrategy Developer at Third I Inc
- at inVentiv Health
- MicroStrategy Architect and designed schema objects like Attributes at Discovery Education
9 months at this Job
- MBA - Data warehousing & Business Intelligence
- B. Tech - Electronics & Communication Engineering
• Implementation of business process through the creation of Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Views.
• Worked on data migration in Azure and Involved in infrastructure set up in Azure
• Acquired a strong background in Microsoft Office
• Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
• Prepared and generated weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for audit purposes and Maintained all relevant inventory paperwork and entered accurate inventory data in computer system.
• Created Data factories to migrated data to Azure Sql Managed Instance and Azure Datawarehouse
• Created Power BI reports on various requirements and Complex reports and dashboards using DAX
• Created dashboards using Power BI desktop and Created Gateways between on premise and cloud.
• Created live reports using multiple data sources and Created cortana integration using office 365
• Used DAX query and created measure as needed
• SQL query optimization in SSRS by designing required indexes after analysis using SQL profiler and examining execution plans in SQL server Management studio.
• Created the SSIS Packages using SQL Server Integration Services 2012 for loading the data from the source to staging databases and processing the cube.
• Designed Complex SSIS packages to load the data from different sources like OLEDB, EXCEL, FLAT Files, RAW Files and DB2 etc., into various Data warehousing system.
• Extensively worked on ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformation and loading mechanism.
• Perform hands-on activities involved in creating cloud infrastructure components.
• Performed design, deployment, configuration, and maintenance of scalable Cloud infrastructure with an intense focus on Quality and Security. Environment: SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2012, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2012, Visual Studio 2010, Windows Server 2012, Microsoft TFS, Power View, SharePoint, MS Office, MS Access, T-SQL, SQL Profiler. IIS 7.5, IIS 7.0, Windows Server 2008R2/20012 R2/2016, Microsoft Azure, SQlServer2016/014, Oracle.
- Power BI Developer at Macy's System & Technology
- Power BI Developer at Mutual of Omaha
- SQL BI Developer at Moderna Therapeutics, Massachusetts
- BI Developer at EInfoChips
2 years, 7 months at this Job
Software Qlik Sense, SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, C#.Net
Role Lead BI Developer.
Duration November 2017 To Till date Description:
SPEAR is Strategic Performance Exposure Attribution Risk platform for Alternative Investments. Risk Management SPEAR is a web-based application that supports analysis of Performance, Exposure and Risk of Funds. For the analysis of Risks, application is using Web services of third-party tools like Risk Metrics, Barra One. Application generates different reports which facilitate managers to analyze the various portfolios and Funds on different metrics. Loading new data of new business units using SSIS packages and implementing logic for the reports in SSRS. Responsibilities:
• Lead the offshore team in Planning, brainstorming sessions and various discussions with Business Analysts and counterparts.
• Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, design and coding phase and coordinated with counterparts in fulfilling the client's requirements.
• Design & Develop SSIS Packages for importing the data from multiple sources into DB, based on business requirement.
• Implemented SSIS package for data reconcile process to automate the validation of data from multiple sources.
• Implemented automation of data archival and purging of staging data using table partitions.
• Improved performance of SSIS packages using Tuning and Optimization techniques.
• Design, Development & Administrating of SSRS Reports using SQL Server and MDX.
• Design, Development & Administrating for SSAS cubes and implemented cube partitioning.
• Migrated SSIS packages and SSRS reports from SQL server 2008 to 2014.
• Involved in Creating, Modifying & Supporting SQL Server databases.
• Creating and maintaining the database objects like tables, views & Procedures.
• Involved in developing Custom Code using Microsoft Visual Studio.
• Involved in designing, developing, testing, publishing, maintaining, and supporting QlikView & QlikSense applications.
• Building QVDs, QVWs, QVFs using source systems
• Involved in the requirement analysis and identifying sources and targets.
• Created QlikView & QlikSense dashboards using different objects like List Boxes, Multi Boxes, Pie charts, Line charts, Funnel charts, Scatter charts, Bar charts, Combo charts, Straight tables, Pivot tables, Buttons, Containers.
• Involved in performance tuning of QlikView & QlikSense apps for faster data reloads and efficient response times.
• Involved in analyzing the data and defining Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
• Assisted in installation and configuration of QlikView and QlikSense servers.
• Involved in optimizing the existing data models and load scripts to improve the performance.
• Simplifying complex expressions in the dashboards and improving front end.
• Implemented section access to make the application available to the desired users/
• Assisted users with demo sessions in using QlikView & QlikSense; converted QlikView applications to QlikSense.
• Creating and maintaining of jobs scheduling using Control-M tool.
• Involved in PROD support activities. Project #2: Project Name SPEAR NY - Strategic risk reporting platform
- Lead BI Developer at Credit Suisse
- Senior Associate at Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Lead BI Developer at Credit Suisse
- Sr. BI Developer at Credit Suisse
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Masters in Computer Applications - Computer Applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science - Computer Science