• Developed Power BI model used for Operational and financial reporting.
• Designed and documented the Architecture and data model of Power BI Poc.
• Expertise in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI and Power Pivot.
• Created calculated columns, Measures query's in power bi desktop for effective data analysis techniques.
• Automated billing cycles using VB Scripts to generate reports from monthly budgeting.
• Used various sources to pull data into Power BI such as SQL Server, SharePoint, Access Database, Excel etc.
• Evaluated current scheduling practices to identify business requirements and translated them into technical requirements to enhance and create new custom report
• Created weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports for capacity planning for a site, to staff and forecast demands.
• Coordinates with local site operations personnel team to analyze historical data and create reports to forecast demand for that site
• Created database data mart mappings. Data Mart and database design for OLAP cubes.
• Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T- SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
• Extensively used T- SQL in constructing user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries, and data integrity.
• Conduct periodic tuning of dashboards by optimizing SQL code to minimize the data and rendering refresh cycles to optimize the end user experience.
• Performed Analysis to generating reports for functional experts which are required to develop tactics in improving quality and business performance.
• Scheduled refreshes on different datasets including live data feeds by configuring Enterprise gateway and Personal gateway for accurate updates.
• Weekly presentation to the business users about the reports and recommended changes according to business utility.
• Created centralized workspace and content packs for business users to view and collaborate reports.
• Developed complex SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTEs), temporary table to support Power BI and SSRS reports.
• Used Execution Plan, SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and tried to Optimize SQL queries for improved performance and availability.
• Involved in Deployment and Administration of SSIS packages with Business Intelligence development studio.
• Migrated data from different sources (text based files, Excel spreadsheets, and Access) to SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). Environment: Power BI, MS-SQL server management studio v17.6, MS Excel, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Visual Basic, Visual Studio
- SQL Server/BI Developer at Hewlett Packard
- SQL Server Developer/BI Developer at Eversource Energy
- MSBI Developer/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS at Hanover Insurance
- SQL Developer (SSIS, SSRS) at Premier Inc
10 months at this Job
Tableau BI Developer / Analyst.
- Tableau BI Developer / Analyst at [email protected]
at this Job
- - Tableau and published to dev, test and prod servers
- Master of Science in Applied Computer Science - Applied Computer Science
- - planning and designing activities
- Bachelor of Engineering - Computer Science
Si No Client Technology Role 1 United HealthCare Cognos 10 BI suite, DB2, SQL server 2008 BI Developer 2 SunTrust Banks Inc. Cognos 8 &10 BI suite, DB2, SQL server 2005 BI Developer 3 Thermo Fisher Scientific Cognos 8 BI suite, Oracle 10g BI Developer 4 Adidas Cognos Impromptu, Cognos 8 BI suite, SQL server 2005 BI Developer
- BI Developer/Data Analyst at Cognizant Technology Solutions
4 years, 1 month at this Job
§ Having around 8+ years of Total IT experience as Business Intelligence Developer and Data Analyst in Production, Development and Staging Environments in MSBI tools (SQL Server 2008 R2,2012, SSIS and SSRS,SSAS),Powerbuilder,PowerPivot,Powerview,PowerBI,Talent ecosystem. § Core Competence in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Platform. § Experience in BI Development and Deployment of DTS, SSIS packages from MS-Access, Excel, Oracle and Share Point 2010. § Experience in solving issues with Index fragmentation, DBCC checks, Query Tuning, Error and Event Handling and used COGNOS,TABLEAU,Data cleansing and Data visualization. § Rich Knowledge in Object Oriented Analysis and 3 –Tier Architecture. § Designed and Implemented layers like Dashboard and Scorecard type of Reports. § Have worked in multiple projects as BI Developer in Designing ETL Packages and reports in development and implementation stages of the project according to client requirements. § Provided On-Call support to Mission critical Environments and expertise with DisasterRecovery mechanisms and also used Couch Performance tuning . § In-depth Knowledge in SDLC life cycle for Design, Development and Staging Phases of projects with support of Data-flow, Process Models, E-R Diagrams.
- BI Developer at CVS Health, MA
- Application Support Analyst at ETL Tool
- at POWERBI Report Deployments
- at ETL Tool
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's degree - Information Technology
Senior BI Developer
• Built complex Scope scripts using Cosmos bigdata platform in Visual Studio.
• Wrote SSAS cube with MDX and DAX.
• Queried database with T-SQL in SQL Server.
• Designed Cosmos stream data diagram (database schema) with Visio.
• Developed cube reporting automation: designed a complete set of SSAS tabular model data visualizations – Dashboard in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Services (Server).
• Architected new features of SSAS cube and created mapping of measures and dimensions.
• Created SSAS cube technical documentation.
• Solved bugs by writing T-SQL and Cosmos scripts.
• Extracted data from multidimensional databases/cubes.
- BI Developer at Microsoft (Vendor)
- Business Intelligence Engineer at Amazon (Contractor)
- BI Developer at Outerwall (Contractor)
- SQL Developer at Ophrys Inc
10 months at this Job
- Certificate of Business Intelligence Developer
- Associate of Applied Science Degree - Information Systems
- Certificate of Business Intelligence Analyst
Currently working at Gurukul as BI Developer and helping the institution (with total count of approx 1800) with their reporting needs for various events, library, matrix etc.
- Volunteer BI Developer at Gurukul Bellevue
- Data Analyst at Pactera Technologies
- Database Developer at Eccentric Consulting
- at Eccentric Consulting
9 months at this Job
- Associate - Computer Science
· SQL BI Developer with more than 6 years of experience in the IT industry. · Capabilities in defining BI strategy and roadmap to solve SQL Server development and performance management issues. · Experience in business requirements gathering, GAP analysis, data modeling, development, implementations and documentation. · Expert in full MS BI stack designing and developing enterprise level solutions utilizing SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI. Merit of solving technical problems related to data and guided team members per Microsoft best practices.
- SQL BI Developer at VISA Inc
- BI Developer at Anthem Inc
- SQL/BI Developer at PNC Financial Services
- SQL/SSIS Developer at Sharp Healthcare
1 year, 8 months at this Job
• August 2013 – May 2018 Power BI/Qlik Developer (Wright Medicals) · Worked for Enterprise BI team which is responsible for data warehousing and reporting. · Importing data to PowerBI from various sources. · Created various sample dashboards in PowerBI desktop using table, matrix, bar, card, gauge, and slicer visualizations. · Converted some Qlik dashboards to Power BI. · Used Qlikview QMC API to run jobs on external events. · Wrote many macros to automate Qlikview process. · Redesigned multiple applications to achieve better performance in reload time or UI experience. Qlik Developer (Cogitativo) · Worked for BI sales which is responsible for sales and marketing reports. · Redesigned multiple Qlikview applications fed from SAP BW, to incorporate variable sales forces. · Reduced and synced application to user desktop for off-line analysis. · Acted as Qlik SME/Go-To person for various projects and Lead script review sessions and suggested best practices. · Configure/maintain/troubleshoot jobs within QMC and production issue resolution. · Acted as Qlik SME, besides mentoring fellow BI Developers in Qlikview Development & Dashboard Design. Qlik Developer (Dr.Reddy’s) · Worked with BI team to create reports to check on time delivery and freight payments. · Installed and configured Qlikview. · Created Macros to automate some of the manual tasks. · Created script automation tools\templates for extracting tables from different sources. · Created Qlikview Guidelines document specifying access control across teams.
- BI Developer at PointerArray
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Informatics
- Bachelors in Pharmaceutical Sciences - Pharmaceutical Sciences
Project: FTD Companies/Provide Commerce is one of the premier floral and gifting company with diversified brands. Project Fresh is one of the crucial and high visibility project which includes Upgrade, enhancements to Business Intelligence and Analytics environments to better serve and match the business needs across the company. This included my complete contribution for upgrade to IBM Cognos Analytics and Migration of few hundreds of reports from SAP Business Objects to Cognos and stabilize them in the new environment.
• Understand the BI architecture and data sources for the reports and Framework as well the ETL loads.
• Upgraded Cognos 10.2 to Analytics with a team of 2 and stabilized the environment with all the 130 Daily jobs scheduled events running successfully without any failures.
• Trained power users with the new environment to be able to serve their minimal needs to monitor the daily sales.
• Working on the development of Level 1 priority 100 Business Objects reports targeting towards a year end release to be migrated to Cognos environment.
• Addressing loads of new requirements on daily basis.
• Monitoring every day scheduled jobs and events.
• Building the necessary framework models for the report requirements.
• Validating data with the old data source being Oracle to new data source Netezza and investigate the data issues.
• Develop reports that include Orders, Shipments, Refunds, Merchandising, Forecast, Demand, Email, Buyer, Financial, Gift Card, Membership, Omniture, Online Marketing, Partner, Promotion, Survey, Warehouse, Web data.
• Created calculations for planning, forecast and budget analysis in TM1.
• Designed, developed, and implemented Cognos TM1 Applications to forecast portfolio revenues.
• Maintenance of TM1 users, roles, and security.
• Set up review sessions for the developed reports and data issues with ETL and Reporting Leads.
• Involved in UAT with the business users and validate the numbers.
• Provide the team with SQL scripts for better understanding with the data issues. Environment: Cognos Analytics, SAP business Objects, Oracle SQL Developer 18.1, IBM Netezza, Aginity 4.9, Cognos TM1 10, Cognos 10.2.2 (Framework Manager, Cognos Connection, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Workspace, Workspace Advanced, Transformer and Event Studio), IBM Data Stage 9.1.
- BI Developer at FTD Companies, CA
- BI Developer at UCD - Health System, CA
- BI Developer at Charter Solutions, MN
- Cognos BI Developer at Solar Turbines Inc
9 months at this Job
- Master's - EECS
➢ Consult with clients and internal stakeholders to gather requirements and plan milestones in the research, development, and implementation phases of the project lifecycle
➢ Used Tableau server as a front-end BI tool and MicroSoft SQL Server 2012 as a backend database to designed and developed workbooks, dashboards, global filter page, and complex parameters-based calculations.
➢ Performed extensive GAP analysis in the project as there were numerous 'As-Is' and 'To-Be' conditions.
➢ Extensively used advance chart visualizations in Tableau like Dual Axis, Box Plots, Bullet Graphs.
➢ Worked on different data analysis and compared different reports by MS Access by importing different excel files.
➢ Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
➢ Working on testing web services by the unit testing.
➢ Fine-tuning Stored Procedures to improve performance that was achieved by removing unnecessary cursors and used SQL Profiler to improve performance.
➢ Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
➢ Utilized Tableau visual analytics and best practices like Dashboard structure, view orientation, Sizing and Layout, Data Emphasis, Highlighting, Color, Fonts, Tooltips, and performance improvement of complex dashboards/reports
➢ Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
➢ Filter and "clean" data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problem.
➢ Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau
➢ Migrated number of reports from Dev /Test to Production environments.
➢ Designed and Developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
➢ Restricted data for particular users using Row level security and User filters.
➢ Developed Tableau workbooks to perform year over year, quarter over quarter, YTD, QTD and MTD type of analysis
➢ Strong understanding of advanced Tableau features including calculated fields, parameters, table calculations, row-level security, R integration, joins, data blending, and dashboard actions.
➢ Generated high detail oriented views using multiple measures, Individual Axes, Dual Axes and Custom Geo-Coding.
➢ Applied various types of filters like Data source filters, Quick filters and Context Filters, Cascade Filters and Global Filters.
➢ Skilled in Tableau Desktop for data visualization through various charts such as bar charts, line charts, combination charts, pivot table, scatter plots, pie charts and packed bubbles and use multiple measures for comparison such as Individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes.
➢ Created worksheets and dashboards by using custom queries on multiple tables.
➢ Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
➢ Extracted data from Oracle database with MS Access, and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification.
➢ Used Stored Procedures to pull the data from the Production server and scheduled jobs to run the Stored Procedures.
➢ Created Informatica packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems with different transformation and scheduled Jobs to run the packages on a daily basis.
➢ Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
➢ Involved in the optimization of SQL queries which resulted in substantial performance improvement for the conversion processes.
➢ Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- BI Developer at Capital Infotech
- BI Developer/SQL Developer at TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES
- BI Developer at Simpventive
2 years, 5 months at this Job