Bilingual Medical Assistant/Phlemotomist
7036 hemlock st
Houston Tx, 77087
[email protected] Objective: To secure a professional and stable career as a Bilingual Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist in a reputable medical facility where I can continue to develop and enhance my hands-on skills and knowledge in the medical field.
•Available to work in 24/hour facilities. Clinical Skills Vitals, Phlebotomy Injections, Urinalysis EKG, Assist with PAP Smears Casting, Bandaging Wound Care, Suture Removal Clean/Sanitize Instruments Nebulizer Assist with in Office surgeries Administrative Skills Appointment Scheduling, ICD9/CPT Coding MediSoft, Office Ally and Practice Fusion HMR EMR, Strombers MedIOS EMR, eClinicalWorks Employment Self employed- Arts & Crafts 01/2018-02/2019 Medical Assistant, Medix 06/2017-08/2017 Starting IVs, rooming patients , vitals Medical Assistant, Memorial Hermann SE 09/2015-10/2016 Phlebotomy, vitals, rooming patients, injections, electronic charting, answering phones, scheduling appointments, triage, faxing, filing checked the patient vitals, triage, assisted the physician with medical procedure for pain management, Set and confirm appointments, insurance confirmation, referrals, billing adjustments, and making copies. Planned Parenthood 02/2015-06/2015 Check in and out patients, Set and confirm appointments, insurance confirmation, referrals, billing adjustments, and making copies. Medical Assistant, Texas Medical and Geriatrics 09/2014-02/2015 Vitals, scheduled appointments, phone procedures, greeted patients, collected copayments, roomed patients, restocked examination rooms, administered routine immunizations, therapeutic injections and skin tests, and documented appropriately. Performed B/P and other screening checks, scanned, faxed, scheduled appointments, and any other duties as scheduled. HIPAA / OSHA Training Everest Institute 2014 CPR Certified American Safety & Health Institute 2014 Medical Assistant Everest Institute Graduate High School Diploma Austin High School Graduate
- Bilingual Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist at
at this Job
• Answer multiple phone lines, schedule appointments, assemble, maintain, locate and file medical records.
• Provide outstanding customer service using the AIDET model.
• Performs a variety of clerical and patient service duties necessary to maintain efficient flow of operations in the medical office
• Proactively contributes to Eskenazi's mission: Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve with special emphasis on the vulnerable population of Marion County.
• Assistant students with vital signs.
• Clean and restock inventory.
• Enter information into the computer in order to maintain accurate patient records.
• Gathering data, compiling information and preparing reports.
- Bilingual Medical Assistant at
- Bilingual Patient Service Assistant at
- Bilingual Sales Representative at
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Diploma - Medical
i worked in front desk Filling, Faxing, Copying, Insurance claims, Basic ICD-9/10, Reception, Appointment scheduling,answering phones & i also worked in the back as a medical assistant: I've done Urinalysis, Charting, Vital Signs, Vision Testing, patient exam set-up assisting, Vein/Capillary Puncture, set up room for patients and or procedures, glucose testing, new born screening.
- Bilingual Medical Assistant at Park Plaza Pediatrics
- Bilingual Medical Assistant at night light pediatrics urgent care
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma - Medical Assistant
- High School Diploma
uly 2018 - February 2019 My position consisted of taking patients vital, drawing blood for necessary lab test. I was also responsible with being the one who first speaks and understands patients reason for their visit to our office. As a medical assistant I assisted on many minor surgeries in the office , inject intramuscular injection, input chart information in to online system with many more responsibilities. Certain times throughout out the day I had to take care of front desk responsibilities as like answer calls, making appointments, filing charts, and take payments.
- Bilingual Medical Assistant at Family medicine and minor emergency
- Receptionist at Jerry Murdock insurance agency
- Sales Representative at Marshalls
- Party Host at Dazzling Diva Day Spa
7 months at this Job
- - Medical assistant
* Assisted MDs/NP/RNs in the care of patients; this includes infants, children, adolescents and geriatric patients * Performed and recorded testing in electronic medical record, such as vital signs, EKGs, lab tests, and screening questionnaires * Prepared patients for examination, prepared work areas, and maintained exam rooms * Answered patient calls and scheduled appointments * Returned patient calls and provided instructions with the direction of the nurse and provider * Verified insurance eligibility, processed co-payments, and provided general clerical support
- Providence -Bilingual Medical Assistant at Providence Community Health Center
- North Smithfield -Bilingual Medical Assistant Externship at Crawford Family Medicine
10 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Business administration
- - Medical Assistant
• Schedule appointments for patients
• Perform general office duties such as answering telephones, greeting and logging patients in and out, verifying insurance eligibility for patients
• Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
• Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
• Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
• Prepare and administer vaccines as directed by a physician.
• Prepare exam rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
• Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
• Inventory and order medical, lab, and office supplies and equipment
- Bilingual Medical Assistant at Ivy League Pediatrics
- PRN at Latin Home Care Services
- Front/Back Office Medical Assistant at Piedmont Urgent Care
- Practice Manager/MA at Georgia Spinal
5 months at this Job
- - Medical Assistant
- - CNA
- HS Diploma
- - Nursing Prerequisites
- Greet patients and escort to exam room. - record patient's vitals in their medical records - urinalysis - Handle all administrative duties to allow doctors to focus on their patients. - order supplements and supplies - schedule appointments and unswer incoming calls - Draws patient's blood, perform EKG's and give vitamin and canalog injections - Sales
- Bilingual Medical Assistant at Unicorn Health Services
18 years at this Job
- - Medical Assistant
• Administer various injections as directed by the physicians
• Monitor and record patient progress in response to treatments.
• Charting, Filing and other front office duties as needed.
• Collect patient’s specimens and data, including vital signs and other delegated measurements.
• Communicate with patients and gather information about their health, and medical history.
• Advised consult and treated patients as per instructions and supervision of physicians.
• Maintained area clean and organized.
• Authorized drug refills and provided detailed prescription information to pharmacies.
• Ordered X-Rays, MRI’s CT Scans and standard laboratory tests
• Verify insurances/schedule patients.
• Arranged transfers and referrals to other doctors, hospitals and rehab clinics.
• Check in and out patients in a timely manner.
- Bilingual Medical Assistant at Integrity Medical Group
- Claims Associate/Sales Floor Associate/Cashier/Accounting at Wal-Mart
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Certification - Medical Assistant
Job Responsibilities: Patient care including acute injury care, physical exams including DOT, pre employment, and return to work evaluations. Drug and alcohol screening to include urine and hair collection both DOT and non DOT. Audiogram testing. Pulmonary function testing and respiratory function testing. Electrocardiograms. Phlebotomy. Administering medications as ordered. Experienced with patient intake and electronic medical record use. HIPPA/confidentiality understanding and compliant. Fluent in Spanish for patient care.
- Bilingual Medical Assistant at U.S. Healthworks Medical Group / Concentra
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
· Travel to different DNA clinics, assist doctors with patient while following HIPPA and OSHA regulations · Clinical back and front office support in various DNA offices. · Patient rooming and charting, blood pressure, EKGs, injections · Good venipuncture, blood draw, prepare and label all specimens accurately · Excellent customer service skills · Incoming, outgoing calls, scheduling new and current patients · Medical records · Prep patients for pre and post Kidney transplant · Educate Hispanic patient in kidney transplants · Billing and referral for vascular and dialysis
- Traveling Bilingual Medical Assistant at Dallas Nephrology and Associates
- Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist at Interpath Labs
- Internal Medicine/Medical Assistant at Abilene Internist Inc
- agent at Bilingual Insurance
1 year at this Job
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- High school - Diploma