Billing & Revenue Accounting
• Coordinate logistic outflow from shipping department with invoicing specifics and delegate fixed price-billing tasks to staff accordingly.
• Complete monthly tax summary & GL reports as well as monthly tax reconciliations.
• Create manual credit, debit, and tax invoices as needed.
• Lead Billing Associate staff and serve as point of contact for complex fixed price billing tasks
• Maintain sole responsibility for handling Livecycle shipments and consolidating debit invoices with liquidation events.
• Billed 50+ complex Cost plus (CPFF, CPAF, CPIF), Time & Material, and Firm Fixed Price contracts per month.
• Considerable knowledge of accounting practices including US General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Considerable knowledge of FAR, DFAS, DCAA billing activities and audit activities
• Complete accurate and compliant contract invoices in support of revenue, EBIT and cash goals.
• Maintain billing folders and contract documents for assigned projects.
• Contact customers for payment inquires and updates as needed.
• Fulfill all responsibilities held as a Billing Associate I Accomplishments while in role:
• Provided a totally new process for handling Deliverable Based Billing (DBB) invoices that ensured all contractual line items to be billed on corresponding project specific invoices. * Old process allowed for key line items (billing events) to be lost without retaining a soft or hard copy of the event - caused AR to miss monthly cash projections as invoices were failing to be created and ultimately sent to the customer. * New process - Independently created DBB folders for each billing staff member on company cloud, and saved all events to the billing folders accordingly. Failure to create invoices was lessened which allowed for better cash results at month end.
• Maintained a rejected invoice ratio of less than .05%
• Passed all internal and external audits
• Assist with new hire training to ensure new billing associates understood how to process tasks assigned to them
- Billing Associate II at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Billing Associate I at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Independent Bookkeeping & Advisory at GDavis Uncut
- Mortgage Consultant at National Residential Mortgage
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Masters of Accountancy - Accountancy
- BS - Economics
- - Business Administration
Office Manager and Billing Associate: Office management including scheduling for four audiology practitioners, creation and preservation of nearly 7,000 confidential client records, company promotions including 10,000-piece mailings and data mining, creation and management of internal documents, customer relations and training, office supplies, shipping and receiving, building security and maintenance. Manage all financial records including insurance and third-party billing, payments, accounts receivable and collections. Ear Center Audiology, 2011 to present.
- Office Manager and Billing Associate at Ear Center Audiology
- Billing Associate at Ear Center Audiology
- Receptionist at Ear Center Audiology
8 years at this Job
- - Certified Medical Office Specialist
Northern Virginia Pulmonary and Critical Care Associate, Billing Department Medical Billing Specialist
- Billing Associate at
9 years, 3 months at this Job
- AS - Business Administration
2008-present - Hospitalist Coder - Coding Hospitalist notes including CPT and ICD 10 codes. Discuss any issues with providers as necessary. - Billing Associate - Billing and Coding patient visits for Family Medicine sites.
- Billing Associate at UBMD Internal Medicine
- Billing/Collection Specialist at Lifetime Health
11 years at this Job
Medical billing/coding, 1500 CMS, ChiroTouch, and Front desk duties.
- Billing Associate at I-Care Spine & Rehab Center
- Medical Records Clerk at Personalized Nursing Services
- Receptionist/PT Assistant at Alternative Rehabilitation Inc
3 years at this Job
- Certification - Health Information Management
- - Early Childhood Education
- College Prep
- College Prep
Medical billing and surgery booking for multi-physician OB/GYN office. Also process surgery and procedure preauthorizations.
- Billing Associate at Northwell Health
- Secretary/Bookkeeper at Express Dents, Inc.
- Medical Billing at Self Employed
- Billing Manager at South Shore Family Practice
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Healthcare Administration
• Processed 80 - 100 billing cases a day.
• Meticulously maintained paperwork for personal and team processing of claims.
• Worked closely with insurance companies to verify coverage to ensure claims get paid.
• Provided exemplary customer service though the billing line to aid patients with any issues or inquiries they may have.
• Interfaced with unique internal database systems.
- Billing Associate at Foundation Medicine
- Patient Finance Specialist at Children's Hospital
- Accounts Receivable Specialist at Nizhoni Health Systems
- Patient Access Coordinator II at Massachusetts General Hospital
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications - Communications
• Obtain client fee approvals
• Retrieving client approvals via client system
• Creating draft invoices for attorney approval
• Maintain company confidentiality
• Provide standard billing functions
- Billing Associate at Leopold Associates
- Counselor at Hawthorne Foundation
- Legal Assistant at Jeffrey Kosterich Law, LLC
- Legal Billing Representative at McCabe Weisberg & Conway PC
7 months at this Job
- BBA - Business Administration
• Update and maintain company databases, supervising the testing and implementation of database enhancements
• Provide support and training of order entry and account management procedures to customer service representatives
• Communicate with satellite offices to ensure compliance with billing procedures
• Coordinate with the Marketing department to implement billing and new programming campaigns
• Regularly prepare subscriber reports for management
• Perform query of billing data for audit, reconciliation, and analysis.
• Manages all elements of the quarterly internal print newsletter
• Manages and maintain the company blog
- Billing Associate at Northland Communications
- Publisher Liaison/AP Representative at Small Changes Magazine & Calendar Distributors
- Assistant Manager at Steve's Fremont News
- Office Assistant, Planned Parenthood at Steve's Fremont News
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Women's Studies
Medical Insurance HMO/PPO billing for clinics. Insurance eligibility verification and registration, EOB review for denial resolution, follow-up on correspondence for appeals, and refunds. Effectively communicates with insurance payers, coders, other department staff, and patients. Work within an interdepartment team environment
- Billing Associate at Cerner Corporation
- Billing Associate at Adventist Health Feather River
- CDM Assistant Coordinator at Adventist Health Feather River
- Claims Processor at Blue Shield of California
9 months at this Job
- - Medical Front Office Administration
- - Medical Front Office Administration
- Some college