Independent Toxicology Lab Billing Supervisor
- Billing Supervisor at Bluewater Toxicology LLC
- Billing Rep Tier II at Baptist Health Medical Group
- Physician Biller at Norton Healthcare
- Self Pay Associate at Norton Healthcare
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Certification - Medical Coding
- Associates - Business and Science
- Associates - Business Management
- Certificate - Business
Started out as an AR specialist and within a year was the billing Supervisor in an international laboratory. Ran and supervised the entire billing revenue cycle of all claims that came through including but not limited to, prior auths, coding, claims billing, payment posting, working denials, and appeals.
- Billing Supervisor at Aeon Global Health
- Medical Biller and Coder at Lighthouse Chiropractic
- Head Teller/ Teller at First American Bank and Trust
- Sales and Service Specialist at Bank of America
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Medical Coding and billing
- None - Music Education
• Bill claims in a timely manner as well as post payments to the appropriate accounts.
• Determine if the payment we received was correct or not according to our contract.
• Complete follow up on all claims billed out of the center.
• Complete any necessary refunds.
• Answer patient questions in regards to their benefits and their balances due.
• Monitor billing contracts.
• Prepare the daily deposit.
• Assist with bank reconciliation.
• Assist with month-end procedures.
• Train and supervise employees on billing and insurance practices. Accomplishments After successfully training a new employee on the front desk I was promoted to Supervisor for the billing department. Since the opening of the center I was the only employee that was at the front desk and was responsible for performing all the billing and clerical duties at the center. A new employee was hired and after successful training of the employee for the front desk position I took over billing as full-time position as we were growing rapidly. I have been the whole billing department until we were been able to add more employees to our office. I have been able to train an employee to assist me in the billing department so that I can focus more closely on detailed aspects of the billing supervisor position.
- Billing Supervisor at Surgery Center at the Forum
- Business Office Specialist at Surgery Center at the Forum
- Billing Specialist Lead at Walgreens Infusion and Respiratory Services
- Reimbursement Specialist at Walgreens Infusion and Respiratory Services
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Healthcare Administration
· Engage on a leadership team to construct and revise company policies and procedures, by offering a financial perspective with the goal of maximizing profits and minimizing wastes · Provide financial counsel to all departments and prepare project budgets · Perform a monthly audit of service hours to address lost revenue · Manage the company’s accounts receivables through the detailed submission of insurance claims · Oversee the Billing Specialist’s job duties to ensure they are properly completed within deadlines · Interpret claim denials and correspond with social workers, insurance company representatives, and The Minnesota Department of Human Services to mitigate revenue losses · Gather and analyze medical documentation for qualifying coverage to ensure payments are received · Invoice insurance co-payments and payment processing · Process bi-weekly payroll for 500 organizational personnel · Participate in the recruitment of office staff alongside the Human Resources Manager · Communicate concise and effective company-wide written correspondence · Extensive use of CRM (Customer Relationship Management), Excel, and Access databases for the daily management of insurance claim billing, patient service contracts, and payroll processing NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENTS · Researched, developed, and implemented a new comprehensive software automation project alongside the Director of Finance · Led the company-wide transition to use of electronic time cards for all organizational personnel · Promotion from Financial Coordinator to Billing Supervisor
- Billing Supervisor at All Home Health, Inc
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Finance
National Accounts Billing Supervisor
● Supervise team of 12 billing specialists for the National Accounts Commercial/Construction Segment
• Volume and Revenue billed exceeds 500 invoices and $13.5M per month
• Exceeded monthly on time metric of 99% for 2.5 years (and counting)
● Assumed Manager responsibilities during previous Manager’s extended absences
● Currently interim Billing Manager
● Audit and approve each of the shopping segment tenant billing of 28,000 customers
● Fostered employee morale turnaround; providing positive feedback and the team approach to all duties
● Devised and implemented a “New Bills” report currently used by all segments to track timely billing
● Manage Traditional day-to-day billing duties including Vendor reconciliation, issue resolution, etc.
● Maintain the Billing department “WMNA mailbox” bringing it from over 2,000 unresolved issues to current
- Billing Supervisor at National Accounts
- Accounts Receivable Manager at Philips Remote Cardiac Services
- Business Support Coordinator at HealthSouth Corporation
- Occupational Health Operations Manager at Saint Francis Hospital & Medical Center
7 years at this Job
- Associate - Business Administration
- Certificate - Word Processing
Trinity Health Of New England Bloomfield, CT Promoted to billing supervisor during the transition from RiverBend Medical Group to Trinity Health Of New England. Supervise a staff of 19 insurance billing specialists in the insurance billing department for PCP and multi-specialty physicians. Evaluate employees for adherence to the policies and procedures, and professional standards in harmony with the office department. Analyze productivity, target, claims edits, and A/R reports with A/R manager, while promoting teamwork, and team concept for the unit. Initiate progressive discipline process in addressing performance appraisals according to company policy. Monitor staffing and perform recruitment functions, such as interviewing candidates, recommending for hire, and orientating new employees. Conduct ongoing training, inform staff of all issues or changes, and assist in employee development. Supervise EOB, correspondence distribution and processing, providing analysis of denial reasons to improve clean claim submission, payment review to insure reimbursement rates and refund processing to maintain desired days outstanding. Monitor and resolve patient complaints insuring timely responses and system-wide solutions when required. Attended monthly Revenue Cycle Team meetings, utilize the advice of senior management and legal counsel as appropriate.
- BILLING SUPERVISOR at Trinity Health Of New England
- PATIENT BILLING SUPERVISOR at Trinity Health Of New England
- BILLING REPRESENTATIVE at Holyoke Medical Center
- FIELD SALES SUPERVISOR at TruGreen/Service Master
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - PRINCIPLES OF LEADERSHIP
- - Business Administration/Marketing and Management
Supervisor for the billing department, scanning associates and reception desk for a nationwide logistics company. Responsible for entering, auditing and updating rates for over 100 customer accounts. Recover hundreds of thousands of dollars in company funds each month for past due accounts. Produce detailed and specialized invoicing at individual customer request.
- Billing Supervisor at Premier Transportation INC
- Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable Specialist at Premier Transportation INC
- Bookkeeper at Smith & Associates P.C
- Bookkeeper / Administrative Assistant at Alpha and Omega Accounting and Tax Services
12 years at this Job
- Certificate in Accounting
● Leading a team of four.
● overseeing billing for multiple facility.
● Assisting with credentialing and in/out of network insurance negotiations.
● Performing verification of benefits.
● Submission of claims and following up with insurance companies.
● Working on denials, appeals and rejection of claims.
● Handling of substance abuse/ mental health and medical billing.
● Posting insurance and patient's payment to accounts.
● Performing collection calls on patient's outstanding balances.
● Running aging report and documenting collection status on accounts.
- Billing Supervisor at Buddha Billing Inc
- Billing Specialist/Authorization Specialist at Diagnostic Centers of America
- Operator/Scheduler at Independent Imaging LLC
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree
• Supervise Billing assistants with drafted and finalize invoice generation and edits, creating timecard summaries,
• Oversee the Client Compliance Coordinator, the incumbent is responsible for the daily setup, review and maintenance of the Timeslips master client files. The Billing Supervisor is the main contact for the Firm's billing departments with regard to setting up electronic billing for clients & attorney updated rate submissions.
• Running monthly Travelers and AIG client reports for partners and attorneys from I manage
• Ensured timelines and accuracy of invoices on monthly basis
• Serve as support for e-Billing / LEDES file related issues through Timeslips and Time matters data base
• Maintain electronic billing rejections from Counsel Link, Collaborati and Legal Tracker E-Billing platforms
• Adhere to the correct implementation of client Outside Counsel Guidelines, to various AIG and Travelers vendors on client accounts and AP and AR charges and payments
• Print monthly checks for vendor distribution and payments, including check run and printing for checks for court fees and expenses.
• Provide administrative and accounting support to billing assistants and supports staff
• Answer billing questions and research billing related issues
• Manage client accounts according to the billing agreements and perform necessary maintenance
• Manage past due accounts and perform necessary follow up action
• Responsible for setting up, reviewing and maintaining the integrity of the Firm's master files in Timeslips (timekeeper, client, matter information).
• Advisor to the partners on all client/vendor accounts to insure that all collections and transactions are recorded to standard.
- Billing Supervisor/AP/AR at Brody & Branch LLP
- Billing Specialist (contract) at McCarter English, LLP
- Billing/E-Billing Coordinator at Moses & Singer LLP
- Billing Coordinator at Dentons LLP
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Legal Studies
Supervisor with strong numerical and analytical skills, responsible for leading a finance team consisting of 4 members, while also managing projects estimating annual revenue of 12 million.
• As the team lead billing supervisor, my tasks include approving timesheets, attending managers meetings, preparing, and distributing minutes from meetings, conducts performance reviews, monthly material audit and ordering new material, meeting with customers to discuss project scheduling, ensuring quality of work, and supporting upper management as requested.
• Analyze, interpret financial information, and advise leadership of execution rates, obligations, accounting errors, reconciles accounts or other financial records.
• Prepare budget requests for individual projects.
• Draft/review/route/validate financial documents/ Data Management.
• Produce financial status reports and presentations.
• Project strategic planning and coordination with internal and external customers.
• Compose written content, project plans and budgets for client deliverables in a timely manner.
• Maintain awareness of current and innovative communication tools and techniques used within the strategic communications practice.
• Assist in the development of organization messaging and successfully incorporate into project development.
• Create As-builts for each project.
• Preparation of weekly/monthly/quarterly Budget/Revenue reports.
• Daily billing, timesheets, bidding, accounting, and job estimates, accounts payable.
• Conduct employee training and interview.
• Generate/update internal billing and data procedures.
• Monthly warehouse material audit.
- TEAM LEAD/BILLING SUPERVISOR at Fiber Technologies Inc
- SECRETARY at John Spencer Law Firm
- CORRECTIONAL OFFICER at John Spencer Law Firm
- TELLER at Member One Federal Credit Union
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters - Business Communications
- BS - Criminal Justice