Biologist - Regulatory Permitting Branch - responsibilities include: * reviewing joint permit applications (independent review by the U. S. Army Corps and New York State Department of Environmental Conservation - DEC) in accordance with Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act and Section 404 of the Clean Water Act. The work specifically addresses safety/ impediments to navigation in Section 10 waters and the placement of fill or dredged material in 404 waters, wetland delineation confirmation (jurisdictional waters of the United States, including wetlands); * conducting on-site field jurisdictional determinations and confirmation of wetland/upland boundaries according to the USACE 1987 Wetland Delineation Manual which requires assessment of hydrology, soils, and hydrophytic vegetation; * conducting wetland delineations; * meeting with applicants and consultants to discuss potential project design and their plans for maximum avoidance and minimization of wetland/stream impacts; * coordinating with other Federal, State, and County agencies (e.g., U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to address endangered species issues, State Historic Preservation Officer to address properties listed on the National Register of Historic Places, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation for water quality issues, U.S. Coast Guard for navigation safety issues, Indian Tribal representatives, etc.); * reviewing compensatory mitigation plans; i.e., defining goals, success criteria, and physical properties of the proposed mitigation site including soil type and permeability, hydrologic regimes, proposed seeding/planting, and sustainability; * authorizing/issuing Department of the Army permits to conduct specific work in accordance with the Clean Water Act; * special emphasis on outreach presentations to local municipal governments, watershed groups, realtors, soil and water conservation districts, marine contractors, etc. covering Corps jurisdiction under the Clean Water Act. less
- Biologist at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Biologist - Regulatory Permitting Branch at United States Army Corps of Engineers, Auburn Field Office
- Senior Environmental Scientist at Bowman Consulting Group, Ltd
- Environmental Specialist II at Department of Environmental Quality
13 years, 8 months at this Job
- MS - Wetland Ecology
- BS - Wildlife Ecology
I’m a wildlife biologist. I am the Endangered Species Program Manager. I work with both flora and fauna. I’m also on the wildland fire team.
- Wildlife Biologist at US Army Fort Jackson
12 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Wildlife Biologist
- Master's Degree
• Promoted to Senior Biologist in molecular biology laboratory in March 2018.
• Promoted to Biologist in molecular biology laboratory in September 2015.
• Quantitation of DNA standards and samples using Digital Droplet PCR, qPCR, and Picogreen assay. Standards include multiple types of flaviviruses (DENV, CHICKV, ZIKV, and WNV).
• Promoted to Biologist in molecular biology laboratory in September 2015.
• Perform lead roles and responsibilities in the absence of senior and lead Biologists in the laboratory throughout 2017 calendar year.
• Perform Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) based assays for quality control of cell lines, bacteria, and viruses including HIV, HepB, CMV, EBV, and HPV.
• Synthesizing cDNA from RNA for PCR based assays. Examples include RNA based viruses such as Hepatitis C.
• Perform ELISA on cell cultures to confirm antibody isotypes in human cell lines.
• Perform mycoplasma screening on cell cultures via Hoecsht DNA staining method.
• Growth, quality control and maintenance of mammalian cell cultures.
- Senior Biologist at American Type Culture Collection (ATCC)
- Lab Technician II at American Red Cross
- Lab Technician at Innovative Biosensors
- Intern at Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master's - Biodefense
- Graduate Certificate
- B.S. - Microbiology
Internship for a role as a conservation biologist.
● Completed project site visits and wrote monitoring reports.
● Inventoried vegetation found on site visits.
● Monitored turtle protection barriers on project sites.
● Learned about wetland delineation in preparation for completing them on jobs.
● Prepared various documents to be submitted to Conservation Commissions, NHESP, and land owners.
● Learned about town by-laws, state laws, and federal laws and their application to wetlands and other resource areas.
- Conservation Biologist at Wilkinson Ecological Design
- Environmental Technician at Wilkinson Ecological Design
- Biological Field Technician at GEI Consultants
8 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Biology - Natural Resource Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology - Organismal and Evolutionary
• Field biologist for PG&E's Accelerated Wildfire Rapid Response program ◦ Pre- and post-construction surveys ◦ Daily environmental trainings to new tree workers ◦ Surveys of riparian areas for California red-legged frog, foothill yellow-legged frog, and anadromous fish, surveys for California Spotted Owl habitat
• Draft biological reports for PG&E's fuel reduction project ◦ Analyze GIS data for special status species impacts
- Biologist at Transcon Environmental, Inc
- Research Assistant at San Francisco State University
- at Vernadero Group, Inc
- Wildlife Technician at Great Basin Bird Observatory
9 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Biology - Ecology
- Bachelor of Science in Wildlife - Fish, and Conservation
the scientific community by SEPTEMBER 2017
• Efficiently used computers and moving research and complying equipment with all laboratory safety
• Helped customers in a quick and friendly protocol and standards. matter
• Moved stock and stocked shelves
- Biologist at MEIJER
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Biology
● Publish scientific articles on marine ecosystems, aquatic organisms, and algae control for the Community Associate Institute, Golf Course Superintendents Association, among many other magazines
● Conduct field sampling for lake and pond restoration, measuring dissolved oxygen, temperature, pH, salinity, among other water quality parameters
● Prepare abstracts and proposals for symposium events and bids held by federal, state, and local government agencies
● Establish relationships with property managers and maintain communication with our client base
● Research environmental regulations and permits, and assist with miscellaneous administrative work
- Biologist at Diversified Waterscapes, Inc
- Convention Staff at AF Staffing
- Seasonal Election Aide at County of Orange
- Seasonal Research Assistant at San Diego Zoo Institute for Conservation Research, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies - Environmental Studies
Articles writing and Product Application and Planning
• Product Usage Recommendations and Assist Field Crews
• Sales and Administrative Assistance and Email Correspondence
• Performed water sampling and testing for chemical levels, algae presence, and assisted in identifying ecological hazards
• Utilized GPS and Sonar to perform lake mapping for sediment removal projects
- Biologist at Diversified Waterscapes Inc
- Marine Biologist Intern at Rincon Consultants
- at Rowel Marine Professional Haul & Clean Service
- Assistant Marine Professional at Rowel Marine Professional Haul & Clean Service
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Marine Biology
Prepared proposals, waters permit applications, literature reviews, assembled reports for MSHCP analysis,
Agency approval, and CEQA consistency.
• Reviewed environmental requirements for Southern California Edison's (SCE) O&M (Operations & Management) proficiently using EHSync/SAP software to input construction crew requirements.
• Reviewed maps, reports, and GIS data for potential impacts to biological resources, developing resource avoidance, impact minimization, and permitting recommendations, and coordinating fieldwork (field assessments, project site visits, preconstruction surveys, construction monitoring).
• SCE Construction support coordinator for O&M projects; communicated with construction and external consultants to provide biological surveys and construction monitoring to ensure environmental compliance.
• Prepared technical desktop assessment reports for O&M projects on government lands (BLM, NPS, CDPR).
- BIOLOGIST at LSA ASSOCIATES, Riverside
- TECHNICAL SPECIALIST/SCIENTIST 3 at SCE/Edith Read
- FIELD BIOLOGIST LEAD at SWCA ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANTS, Southern/Central California
- BIOLOGIST, AVIAN FIELD LEAD at BLOOM BIOLOGICAL
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Certificate - Basic Wetland Delineation
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES - Biological Sciences
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CONSERVATION - Biological Sciences
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE
Works on the High Speed Rail project as a Designated Biologist and biological monitor.
Performs biological monitoring of sensitive species, biological surveys, and technical
report writing. Species include but not limited to San Joaquin kit fox, Swainson's hawk,
blunt-nosed leopard lizard and California tiger salamander.
• Understands, applies, and ensures application of mitigation measures and permit conditions associated with the project.
• Participates in small mammal trapping at Lokern Ecological Reserve and Pixley Wildlife Refuge. Species handled include Giant kangaroo rat, Short-nosed kangaroo rat, and Heermann's kangaroo rat. Conducts spotlighting surveys for San Joaquin kit fox at the Carrizo Plain National Monument.
- Sr. Biologist at Soar Environmental
- Contractor Safety Specialist at Davey Tree
- at Davey Resource Group
- at Santa Barbara County Parks Department
11 months at this Job
- B.A. - Environmental Studies
- A.A. - Biology