i am biomedical engineer i learned to install and maintain medical equipment like ultrasound, ecg and others. biomedical engineer basically head of machinery and check which machine is desired to get from company and which is valuable.
- Biomedical Engineer at INTERNEE 1-MONTH
1 month at this Job
- B.S - BIO-MEDICAL ENGINEERING
February 2016 to present Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School Biomedical Engineer * Improved design of a novel implantable device to prevent hip fragility fractures; drew designs in SolidWorks and 3D printed device components; performed and documented verification testing of functional prototypes * Collected and analyzed data (e.g., kinematics, joint pressures, mechanical properties) for over 10 separate studies; defined testing methods and wrote protocols for experiments * Designed and built an electro-mechanical system for controlling cadaveric wrist motion via forearm muscle loading; wrote custom software in MATLAB to implement control algorithms * Assisted in planning & execution of Surgery Boot Camp for Harvard Combined Orthopedics Residency interns
- Biomedical Engineer at Center for Advanced Orthopaedic Studies (CAOS)
- at Real-Time Ablation Monitoring Device
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master's - Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor's - Biomedical Engineering
Silver Spring, MD
Dec. 2016 - (Center for Devices and Radiological Health)
Present Lead Reviewer - Biomedical Engineer
• Responsible for lead and engineering premarket reviews of medical devices (drug delivery devices) and drug/device combination products. Specific devices include infusion pumps (implanted and external) autoinjectors, pen injectors, prefilled syringes, administration sets, insulin dose calculators
• As lead reviewer (project management role), lead team of interdisciplinary subject matter experts in review of a variety of medical device, drug, and combination product regulatory applications (PMA, 510(k), 513(g), IDE; NDA/BLA, ANDA, IND)
• As engineering reviewer, provide specific review of device and combination product design control documentation, including all design verification, design validation, and risk management activities (performance testing, human factors evaluation); and determine their adequacy for approval decisions
• Trained in 21 CFR 820 Quality Systems Regulation, cCMPs for Medical Device and Combination Products, perform Establishment Inspection Report reviews as part of post-market review duties
- Lead Reviewer - Biomedical Engineer at U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Project Engineer at PEREG GmbH
- Product R&D Intern at Healthmark Industries Co, Inc
- Laboratory Intern at Healthmark Industries Co, Inc
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Research Experience
- Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering - Biomaterials
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry - Biochemistry
Hartford, Connecticut April 20, 2015 - November 2, 2018 Title: Biomedical Engineer 1 With very little to no supervision, repair, calibrate, and maintain medical equipment, instrumentation, and support systems of moderate complexity used in healthcare technology. Inspect, install, and perform inventory assessments and preventive maintenance of medical equipment. Also assisting medical and nursing staff by educating on how the medical equipment operates. * Ordered and installed new equipment as well as loaners at all facilities by adjusting, calibrating, and testing performance prior to clinical use. * Maintained biomedical equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting and repairing broken equipment. * Contacted OEM for service on equipment that's covered under a service agreement or warrantee. * Managed accurate inventory, tracking both the addition and deactivation of clinical equipment. * Provide detailed documentation on new equipment, inspections, repairs, and failures. * Able to assist, manage, and monitor third-party vendors. * Rotating call weeks with on call technicians. * May assist senior biomedical engineering technicians or mentoring other biomedical technicians with less experience. * Basic knowledge of the application and repair of computers and servers and how they interface with medical equipment. * Testing physiological monitors including OR video integration systems (i.e.) Black Diamond Integration System.
- Biomedical Engineer 1 at ST. FRANCIS HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER, JOHNSON MEMORIAL
- Internship at BMET CORP
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Training - Panda Warmers / Giraffe Incubators
- Associates Degree - Biomedical Engineering Technology
MIAMI/FORT LAUDERDALE AREA - Implemented project operations and specific engineer plan analysis for biomedical devices in all specialties. - Proposals for technical bids and presented financial plans to customers including budget and technical data's evaluation, electrical installation requirements, planning guides and after- services provision. - Strong knowledge in medical devices and areas such as: diagnostic imaging, picture archiving and communication systems (RIS-PACS), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI scanner), sterilization, lasers, dental, ophthalmology & optometry, surgical instruments, infusion pumps, ventilators, computer networking systems integration, information technology(HIS, EMR), patient monitoring, anesthesia and ventilation systems. - Active participation in the design phase of turnkey projects for hospitals with architects and engineers as a team. - Hospital guidelines, design of circulation and equipment designated by area. - Broad knowledge of medical devices regulations as CE, EN60601-1-2, UL-2601, CSA-22.2, ISO9001, ISO 13485, FDA 510 (K), GMP / QSR. - Business management with different providers and manufactures. - Evaluation and analysis of technical specifications and services scope of supply. - Purchase orders and review of contracts for supply and installation of equipment. - Analysis and design of guides of pre-installation based on MEP layout - Follow-up to the equipment reception and customer conformity. - Follow-up to the process of installation and equipment's start-up. - Training coordination to the users and biomedical team. - Equipment maintenance as it required by the customer. - Care and management incidents with the equipment and coordination with suppliers and/or manufacturers. - Supply chain for spare parts, equipment and consumables including planning delivery timetables in coordination with freight forward agent to ensure organized and timely deliveries. - Oversee and track orders to make sure they arrive at their destination in a timely manner.
- BIOMEDICAL ENGINEER at IBT, LLC
- BIOMEDICAL ENGINEER at MEDICUBA S.A
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Technical Certification - Network Support Services (CompTIA™ A, CISCO CCNA)
- University Diploma - Optoelectronic and Laser for Healthcare
- Bachelor of Science - Telecommunications and Electronics Engineering
Evaluated complex biomedical equipment issues and implemented appropriate repairs
- Biomedical Engineer at Kaiser Permanente
- Biomedical Technician III/Site Lead at Alameda Health System
- Biomedical Engineer at Kaiser Permanente
- Field Service Engineer at Covidien / Mallinckrodt
3 years at this Job
- AA - Biomedical Technology
• Maintained biomedical equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules
• Performed tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration, troubleshooting and repair of biomedical equipment with supervision
• Performed electrical safety testing of clinical equipment and devices and monitored completion of preventive maintenance activities performed by outside vendors
• Coordinated and communicated with end user and service vendor for acceptance of equipment for new unit, loan and demo
• Maintained biomedical equipment supplies inventory and managed orders
• Asset Management and Tagging
• Maintained documentation on equipment performance, test results, contract agreements, cost expenses and much more
• Ensure regulatory compliance of Medical Device Management
• Recorded daily reading on medical gas to ensure continuous supply of gas at required pressure
- Biomedical Engineer at Beacon International Specialist Centre
- Sales Engineer at QES Asia-Pacific
- Maintenance Engineer (Internship) at Synthomer Sdn. Bhd
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics majored in Bio-instrumentation
• Responsible for providing technical support for majority of biomedical equipment.
• Work on life support devices that replace functions of internal organ, and diagnostic medical devices. Examples include, Heart lung machine, CentriMag Ventricular Assist System, Dialysis machine, cell saver, heartmate, blenders and vacuum regulators, suction pumps, portable Reverse osmosis system, plasma apheresis machine, Welch Allyn diagnostic set, infusion pumps, body analyzer machine, patient lift and electrical beds.
• Responsible for performing installation, periodic maintenance and corrective maintenance
• Carry out annual electrical safety for all equipment operating on AC power
• Consult with physicians, department directors and specialists on equipment strategies, procurement and installation
• Advise Department heads on medical equipment use and maintenance plan implementation processes
• Manage and provide end user medical equipment operation training
• Contribute to the medical equipment tracking system for corrective maintenance and scheduling periodic maintenance
- Biomedical Engineer at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
- Biomedical Equipment Technician at Davita Dialysis
- Biomedicial Equipment Techician at Fresenius Medical Care
- Medical Instrument Technician at Davita Dialysis
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- A.A.S. - Biomedical Equipment Technology
-Perform preventive maintenance, repairs, and installs on all general biomedical equipment, to include GE anesthesia machines and Hamilton ventilators.
- Biomedical Engineer at Kaiser Permanente
- Biomedical Engineering Technician at California Air National Guard
- Field Service Engineer at Drager
- Biomedical Engineering Specialist at Community Medical Centers - Corp
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- - Biomedical Engineering Technology
- - Public Health
Clinical engineer in the Iowa City VA Hospital.
● Serve as a project manager interfacing with a wide array of departments and healthcare professionals to keep projects on track and ensure optimal quality of treatment and patient experience.
● Spearheaded the rollout of new patient scales to make the switch to metric-only patient weights. Coordinated with logistics and clinical areas to deliver this new equipment.
● Oversaw the implementation of new Samsung X-Ray equipment in radiology. This involved planning for site prep, managing contractors and writing SOW and IGCE.
● Serve as representative for biomedical engineering on the EOC committee working to perform rounds to spot check all areas of the hospital ensuring that they are up to standards.
● Took Lean/Six Sigma, CompTIA Network+, AutoCAD, and COR courses.
● Detailed to new Rocky Mountain Regional Medical Center to help with activation. Helped to stand up the lab through networking of laboratory equipment.
● Detailed to the Washington DC VA Medical Center to manage projects for FMS.
- Biomedical Engineer at Veterans Health Administration
- Research Intern at Nanoprobes, Inc
- RISE Intern at Freidrich-Alexander Universitat Erlangen-Nurenberg
- Holt Laboratory Student Researcher at University of Rochester
2 years at this Job
- Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering - Medical