Responsibilities: Processing of Patient, QC, C.A.P. Survey Unknowns, All phases of blood, Antibody Screens & abid, Antigen Testing, Elutions, Ab Titers. Process and Transfuse Platelets, FFP, Cryoprecipitate. Record & Maintain Refrigerators, Freezers and Centrifuges Including Automated Blood Bank Tango Analyzer. Type & Screens, Abid's Performed on Tango analyzer. Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Maintenance all Performed. Troubleshooting & Repair if required. Ordering of all components through American Red Cross. Training of all new employees on all phases of blood bank performed. Document preparation for all record keeping on all instruments in blood bank. Recording reagent processing and storage for manual and automated tests performed. Inspection preparation. Review of blood bank S.O.P. & Modification if needed as per current blood bank standards with Director of Lab & Lab Manager. Other Departments: Coagulation, Hematology, Serology, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Accessioning. Lab Manager-Miguelina Matos Phone: 201-418-1400 Lab Supervisor-Ron Price Phone: 201-418-1400
- Sr. Blood Bank Technologist at Location and Shift
- Blood Bank Technologist at Hoboken University Medical Center
- Medical Technologist at St. Joseph's Hospital
- Medical Technologist at St. Joseph's Hospital
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- B.S. - Medical Technology
- - Medical Technology
Responsibilities Performed basic phlebotomy. Accomplishments I was moved from the hospital floor to the blood bank because of my accuracy and compassion for my patients. Skills Used I graduated from GNTC in 2011 for phlebotomy. I work well under stress and with groups of people.
- Blood Bank Technologist at memorial hospital
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- certificate - phlebotomy
Responsible for all routine and complex testing in the Blood Bank. Additional responsibilities include reviewing Quality, QC and Performance Indicator reports and training new staff.
- Blood Bank Technologist at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center
- Manager, Blood Bank and Laboratory Quality at The Valley Hospital
- Supervisor, Blood Bank and Core Laboratory - Night shift at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center
- Senior Blood Bank Technologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
15 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
I am equipped with skills that can carry any workload. I'm able to work efficient ly in an individual or team setting that will contribute to the day to day of a successful entity.
- Blood Bank Technologist at Ochsner Health System
- Phlebotomist Technician at LSU/Chabert Medical
- Bridge Operator at LA Dept of Transportation
9 years, 7 months at this Job
- Diploma - Pathology/Phlebotomy
- Certificate - EMT-B
- Certificate - Nurse Assistant & Office Occupations
- Blood Bank Technologist at Mount Sinai Health System
- Generalist at New York Blood Center
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Medical Technology - Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science
I have experience teaching and training students and technologists. I have implemented 2 computer systems and learned to build codes in the original system. I am skilled at writing procedures.
- LEAD BLOOD BANK TECHNOLOGIST at ST. LUKE'S HOSPITAL
11 years, 6 months at this Job
- B.S. IN MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY - MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY
with Ortho Provue and Ortho Vision experience, and Tlilq fFn machine.
- Blood Bank technologist at MLS, Summa Akron City Hospital
- Laboratory generalist at MLS, Mercy Medical Center
- Laboratory generalist at Robinson Memorial Hospital
- Lab Assistant at Robinson Memorial Hospital
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
Performed complex testing in Transfusion department including automated type and screen using Ortho Vision and manual using gel card ad tube method, antibody ID, antigen typing, elution, blood component preparation, Fetal maternal bleed, DAT, platelet bacterial testing.
- Blood Bank Technologist at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- MT Coordinator at PCL-ALVERNO Clinical Laboratories
- Medical Technologist (Generalist) at Gottlieb Memorial Hospital
- Medical Technologist (Generalist) at PCL-ALVERNO Clinical Laboratories
5 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science in Information Technology - Information Technology
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology - Medical Technology
COORDINATOR OF BLOOD, FRESH FROZEN, CRYO, PLATLETS ECT. FOR MORNING BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS, COMPLETING ALL BLOOD ORDERS FOR PATIENTS ON ALL FLOORS, OR, ER, ICU, CCU AND HAVE READY FOR RUNNERS, NURSES, DRS. AND ALL STAFF THAT WAS IN CHARGE OF PICKING UP AND TRANSFUSING. MAKING SURE ALL ORDERS, BLOOD TYPES AND RESULTS WERE ALSO ENTERED CORRECTLY AND COMPLETED IN SYSTEM. WAS TRAINED AT TAMPA GENERAL HOSP.TO BE ABLE TO BE AVAILABLE FOR OTHER HOSP. INCLUDING ST JOSEPH, UNIVERSITY COMM.AND MY MAIN STATION THE TAMPA V.A. HOSP. DATA ENTRY OFF ALL PATIENTS DEMOGRAPHICS THEIR ORDERS AND RESULTS.
- Blood Bank Technologist at Florida Blood Services
- Specimen Processor at Quest Diagnostic Lab
6 years, 6 months at this Job
•Identifying blood types and antibodies.
•Investigating harmful responses of the body to blood transfusion.
•Supporting physicians and nurses in blood transfusion therapy.
- Medical Technologist-Blood Bank at Community Blood Center
- Microbiology Lab Technician at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center
- Blood Bank Technologist Intern at Hackensack University Medical Center
- Microbiology Technician Intern at Holy Name Medical Center
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master's Public Health - Public Health
- Bachelor's in Medical Laboratory Science - Lab Science