POWER BI/ SAP BO Developer
State Street, Boston MA
Nov 2017 to Present
Project Specific Activities: =============================================================================================================
➢ Coordinating with business users in analyzing business requirements and translating them to technical specifications.
➢ Developed dashboards and ad-hoc reports using MS Power BI and SSRS for senior management team for analysis.
➢ Using SSIS Package identified the Up-streams and imported the required tables into intake-database, Store Procedures are created in staging database using the intake-database tables & views.
➢ Created complex SQL stored procedures, Triggers, Functions, Views, Indexes in SQL Server 2016.
➢ Built MDX queries and Data Mining Expression (DMX) queries for Analysis Services & Reporting services.
➢ Design data model and creating the schema on Azure SQL
➢ Used various sources to pull data into Power BI such as Sql Server, SAP BW, Oracle, SQL Azure etc.
➢ Created various views in Tableau like Tree maps, Heat Maps, Scatter plots, Geographic maps, Line chart and Pie charts.
➢ Designed and implemented SSAS Tabular Cube as the reporting layer. And Used DAX scripting to access data from Tabular Model
➢ Created many complex Query's and used them in Power BI Reports directly to generate reports on the fly.
➢ Incorporated complex business logics by writing complex SQL procedures and functions.
➢ Implemented OLAP Cubes, Facts, and Dimensions for providing summarized and aggregate views of large database sets.
➢ Extracted data from Oracle, SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel and XML using SSIS and cleanse the data.
➢ Scheduled and maintained nightly and weekly loads of data by creating the corresponding job tasks.
➢ Checking the code into TFS (Store Procedures, Views, Tables, Schema) for the deployment process for the production environment
➢ Published Power BI Reports in the required origination's and Made Power BI Dashboards available in Web clients and mobile apps.
➢ Involved in validating data between QlikSense and Cognos reports
➢ Wrote T-SQL (DDL and DML) queries, Store Procedures and used them to build packages and handled slowly changing dimensions to maintain the history of the data.
➢ Created parallel period, filter, ancestors, and cross join MDX queries.
➢ Created KPI's, Partitions, Perspectives, and Calculated Measures, used DAX queries, Roles.
➢ implement the SAP Business Objects reporting requirement.
➢ Responsible for deploying the application for the Integration, Functional and User Acceptance Testing.
➢ Adheres to department, organization and industry guidelines, standards, policies and procedures.
➢ Created Page Level Filters, Report Level Filters, Visual Level Filters in Power BI according to the requirements.
➢ Used One Drive for storing different versions of Power BI report.
➢ Used JIRA for Version Control needs, task check-ins.
➢ Responsible for complete maintenance and delivery of scheduled releases.
- POWER BI/ SAP BO Developer at State Street
- Power BI Developer at L Brands
- developer//SQL Server at All State Insurance
- Data Analyst at All Scripts
1 year, 2 months at this Job
Performed the role of BO Reports Developer as well as BO Administrator Gathered Report requirements and developed functional and technical documents Developed WEBI Reports and created Dash boards Developed Unx and UNV universes using Information Design Tool and universe design tool Developed Sizing and capacity planning documents Installed and configured SAP BO 4.2 SP4 environments Implemented trouble free security model and Migrated several users and groups and applied security Migrated over 25000 reports from SAP BO 4.1 to SAP BO 4.2 SP4 Extensively used Performance Management tool Validated reports Data with source to target system which is SAP BO 4.1 to SAP BO 4.2 Configured and implemented Windows Ad SSO for IE and Chrome browsers Configured and implemented SSL and load balancer set up
- BO Developer/Administrator at Change healthcare Inc
- BO Architect/Developer/Administrator at Bank of America
- SAP BO Architect at DBS Bank Singapore
- SAP BO Architect at GE India Exports Ltd
7 months at this Job
- MS - Software Systems
Team Size: 5 Members.
Airtel is one of the Largest Telecom Company. The purpose of the project is, this application is a web-based system used to identify Airtel customers most likely to churn and to manage campaigns to proactively contact these customers and assist in resolving potential issues before the customer contacts to disconnect service.
The application consists of a web application component used by Customer Service Representatives (CSR) to manage outbound calling campaigns and Management Customer service Representatives (MCSR) to coordinate the calling efforts of CSRs. Finally, an Analytics / Reporting layer is used to provide data on campaign operations and effectiveness. The AIRTEL Analytics will be a reporting frontend built with Business Objects Web Intelligence XI R3.1.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Extensively used Designer to design universes for different business groups.
• Created classes, aliases, simple reports using cascading prompts as per Functional specifications.
• Used joins concept by taking different tables from different data sources in the Universe.
• Used the formatting options like cross tab representation, sections, breaks, data sort Options, font, colors.
• Developed various Tables, Graphs and drill down reports in webi.
• Worked extensively with the major functionality of BO like Breaks, Ranks, Alerter, Filters, Sorts, Query prompt and Hyperlinks in Webi.
• Extensively created Business Objects reports like charts and tables.
• Implemented row and object level security in business objects universe Designer.
• Performed unit testing of the reports.
• Involved in extensive testing of universes and reports during version migration of business objects.
• Used slice and Dice, Drill Down, Drill Up, Prompt filters, Cascading list of values etc.
• Implemented Row & Object level security for different user groups as per the Functional Specifications. Environment: Business Objects XIR3.1, Business Objects Info view(Webi), Crystal reports2008, Xcelsius
- SAP BO Developer at COMSCOPE SOFT WARE PVT LTD
- SAP BI/ BO Consultant at COMSCOPE SOFT WARE PVT LTD
- SAP BI Consultant at Owens Corning
- SAP BW Consultant at Scotts, USA
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Communication Structures
• Gathering Business requirements and designed functional and technical requirements documentation for Globalization of Reports.
• Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
• Creating action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
• Executing and testing required queries and reports before publishing.
• Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
• Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Pie charts using show me functionality.
• Involving in creating dashboards and reports in Tableau and Created report schedules on Tableau server.
• Enhancements in BO Universe & reports.
• Created Business Object WEBI Reports, Universe handling issues through tickets.
• Scheduled reports and dashboards to end users as per reporting requirements on daily, weekly and monthly basis in both Tableau and BO enterprise applications.
• Creating Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
• Working extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Groups, hierarchies, sets to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using KPI's.
• Creating organized, customized analysis and visualized projects and dashboards to present to Senior Level Executives.
• Developed reports in Tableau by connecting to various data sources like MS SQL Server, Teradata, MS Excel.
• Involving in Onsite & Offshore coordination to ensure the completeness of Deliverables. Environment: Tableau Desktop 10, Tableau Server 10, T-SQL, Teradata, MS Excel, Flat Files, SQL Server 2016, Oracle , SQL Developer, SAP HANA, SAP.BO 4.1 and Windows.
- Tableau Developer/BO Developer at FedEx
- Tableau Developer at Ochsner Health Systems
- Business Objects Developer at Catalina Marketing
- SQL/Tableau Developer at Cyient
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master's in data Analytics - data Analytics
- Bachelor's in computer science - science & Engineering
Organized in 1907, the nonprofit cooperative association is open to the public and provides the agricultural items required to grow, harvest, package, and ship various commodities of produce. With six retail Operations Centers providing over-the-counter sales, specialized ordering, and custom-design Irrigation Departments, FGS continues to offer quality services and goods at highly competitive prices.
• Enhancement and modification of Finance Webi Reports for the Finance Controller.
• Created Webi Reports.
• Lead and managing the project for timely delivery. Liaison between the on-site and off- shore team.
• Setting up and configuration of Data Services ETL jobs. 2. Client Vocera Communications, Inc
- SAP BO Developer at Bramasol, Inc
- Developer at SAP BO
- SAP BO Developer at Caarma Corporation/Bramasol, Inc
- SAP BO Developer at Bramasol, Inc
8 months at this Job
- M.A. - Economics
• Interacting with the business users / stakeholders in resolving the report related issues and enhancements of reports.
• Involved in supporting the migration of the Business Objects from 3.1 SP7 to 4.2 SP3 in Windows platforms.
• Used UMT tool for incremental migration of the contents from BO 3.1 SP3 to 4.2 SP5.
• Resolved issues faced during migration and raised tickets with SAP regarding migration issues and communicating with them as and when required till the issue get resolved.
• Created Groups, Folders and Users and granted access privileges to users and groups using Central Management Console.
• Creating LCMBIAR file using Promotion Management tool for exporting the content from QA to PROD.
• Setting up the audit universe, reports as well as custom audit reports based on specific user requirements.
• Used Reposcan tool to check if there are any inconsistencies between CMS and FRS.
• Involved in modifying/changing the functionality of the reports as per user needs and resolving the production report issues if there are any. Environment: BO 3.1, Web Intelligence 4.2, UMT, Repo scan, IDT, UDT, CMC.
- SAP BO Admin/ Developer at McKesson Health Care
- Sr SAP BO Developer at SEACOAST BANK
- Sr. BOBJ Consultant at BLUE SHIELD OF CALIFORNIA
- Senior BO Developer at MOLINA HEALTH CARE
9 months at this Job
• Manage technical implementations and features/solutions and service deliverables, technical planning for a upgrade from BO 4.1 SP04 to BO 4.2 SP06
• In place upgrade on the existing servers.
• Tested all the existing reports on the new environments and fixed issues.
• Tested external applications, like Metaminer, Infoburst, Version Control, that integrate with BOBJ application to check its compatibility on the new version.
• Implemented and checked SSL and Win AD configuration on the new environment.
• Release readiness planning.
• Tactical roadmap development.
• Requirements gathering and elaboration.
• Backlog refinement.
• Responsible for effectively across the organization the visions, goals and issues as well as produce reports and presentations.
• Working with a cross functional team.
- BO Administrator / Sr. Systems Engineer at HBO
- BO Admin / Sr. Systems Engineer at Tx Mutual Insurance
- Comptroller at Public Accounts
- Sr. BO Developer at USAA
2 months at this Job
for Global Customer Platform program (Fossil's Customer & Transactions warehouse).Several Projects added and executed within program over time with respective enhancement to the GCP universe ◦ Social Integration, Loyalty Integration, Single use Promo, Campaign Management, Wearable's integration, Email and Direct Mail Campaign Tool Integration (oracle Responsys and Unica - Expertise in both these tools)
➢ GCP Data Mart Architect & Developer (ETL using BODS and visualizations using Tableau
➢ BI Lead for several other projects across different SAP technologies
➢ JDA Reporting Project (Universe & Reporting for Fossil Assortment Planning)
- SAP BO Primary Universe designer and developer, Report Development at Fossil Group
- SAP BO Lead and Solution Architect at Pepsico Limited
- BA and Onsite SAP Reporting Lead for Vision at Alcon Labs
- Reporting Lead and primary BO Universe Designer at Loblaw's Inc
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor in Computer Science - Computer Science
Responsibilities: * Developed new Compliance reports and Dashboards which were to identify and report security breaches and change in Suspicion status of suspected breaches. Customized the Tableau landing page with site listing as icons and descriptions. * Connected to DB2 by IBM as a database engine * Constructed the reports page for internal strategy group with standardized custom right and left side sections within Tableau. * Used Tableau API to customize the views, selects, filters, date and time. * Generated tableau dashboards with combination charts for clear understanding. * Interacted with users to gather and analyze requirements for the new Compliance Reports. * Acquired the understanding of the complex logical and physical design of the reporting system. * Data blending implemented on CITAM databases and generated interactive dashboards for Conduct Risk and Conduct Rules Reporting * Generated Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters and sets to handle views more efficiently. * Published Workbooks by creating user filters so that only appropriate teams can view it. * Integrated Tableau Dashboards/Story Points views with SharePoint * Created complex universes using IDT on Compliance Data Repository for multiple projects * Optimized SAP BO universes designed and developed a series of complex Business Intelligence solutions using Business Objects Designer, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports. * Secured sensitive data by applying a security feature of object level security in the Universe and the report level security in the CMC. Scheduled recurring daily, weekly and monthly reports. * Set Row Level Restrictions to different user groups based on their profiles. * Created predefined conditions in the universe level to restrict the volume of data to be pulled in the report. Connect to Oracle directly, created the dimensions, hierarchies, and levels on Tableau desktop. * Creating users, groups, projects, Data connections, settings as a tableau administrator. * Conducted thorough unit and System Integration Testing of the reports and dashboards prior to handover for the User Acceptance Test. * Effectively used JIRA for Defect Management during System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing. * Created User Manuals and conducted training to the User Group prior to Go live Environment: Tableau/Server 9.3, Windows XP, Linux, Windows 7, Oracle 11g, Business Objects XIR4.1 SP1, Business Objects 4.2 SP2, Xcelsius, DB2, SQL Server 2012
- Senior Tableau Developer/SAP Business Objects Developer at Senior Tableau Developer/SAP Business Objects Developer
- Tableau Developer /Visualization Expert at Chase Bank
- Tableau Developer/Data Visualization Consultant at Bank of America
- Tableau Developer/ BO Developer at Southern Ohio Medical Center
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Science
Merck & Co., Inc. is an American pharmaceutical company and one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
Project Description: Merck's my People application is designed to provide managers and HR business partners with easier access to view and verify HR data for employees and non-Merck persons in their organizations / client groups. My People dashboard presents high quality, accurate HR data for more efficient decision making and planning. Access to this system is limited to Managers, HR Personnel and limited SBS and IT support personnel. The application provides executives and leaders with larger organizations the capability to monitor their organization's progress on Merck's HR KPI measures.
• Participated in workshops to understand the existing myPeople system developed in Cognos.
• Analysed existing system and identified the gaps, improvement areas and recommended solutions using various BOBJ tools.
• Performed feasibility study on various BOBJ tools and recommended ideal tools that suffise the user requirements.
• Ensured recommended tool is scalable and able to handle large volume of data and concurrent users.
• Evaluation and integration of various BI solution tools for the BI platform (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview).
• Involved in requirements gathering, analysis and structured Business Intelligence platform based on user requirements.
• Recommended changes in bex queries accordingly to change in user requirements.
• Created dashboards using Xcelsius, Tableau.
• Developed BOBJ Design Studio development standard and best practice
• Created webi reports on top of Bex queries & UNX universes.
• Created UNX universes for the Standalone Rosters for adhoc reporting capability.
• Exposed the universe to user for adhoc report capability.
• Created workspaces in explorer on top of universe and cubes to enable the users to create adhoc reports for analysis.
• Created relational connecton on top of Infoprovider/DSO to create UNX universe
• Involved in validating the data in Dashboards and webi report with SAP BW.
• Involved in testing of webi reports & Dashboards and other visualization reports(Tableau)
• Initial walk through of dashboards and reports with testing team to explain the functionality and also co-ordinated in addresing defects.
• Co-ordinated with BO Admin team in migrating webi reports and dashboards.
• Handled UAT support requests from users for Webi & Dashboards and visualization by tableau and ensured quick turn around time for resolution of these defects.
• Trained business users in using various BOBJ tools.
- SAP BI/BO Team Lead at Merck & Co., Inc
- SAP Business Objects Admin at Rockwell Automation
- SAP BI/BO Developer at Johnson Controls Inc
- Business Objects Developer at QUALCOMM
1 year, 4 months at this Job