• Implement inventory system tracking cost of goods, sales and shrinkage prevention
• Curate books and create custom book order process
• Design and develop website and social media pages
• Advertise and promote business to the community
• Establish community network with local groups, in store book club and Author events
• Develop and maintain relationships with surrounding businesses MarketSource Corporation Verifone/Hewlett Packard:
• Train and support sales representatives across US
• Develop and implement training format
• Customize promotions for sales teams Apple Corporation:
• Promote Apple in retail stores and train associates
• Build relationships with management ADP: District Manager
• Present payroll solutions and close deals
• Build relationships to obtain referrals IBM: Sales Rep
• Build client relationships
• Increase revenue sell IBM solutions
• Educate customers on benefits and features IBM/MarketSource: OS/2 Marketing Specialist
• Create demand
• Conduct sales seminars
• Recruit, hire, and manage team
- Bookstore Manager at My Little Paris Café & Bookstore
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing - Marketing
Enter purchase orders, budgeting for multiple accounts throughout the year, shipping and receiving information, daily deposits, schedule employees (including students) for store's operational hours and sporting events, bookkeeping for multiple accounts, keep inventory for all items throughout the school, usage of office and computer equipment, supervision of student employees and Bookstore Clerk, and backup for Bookstore Clerk's duties. Position requires communication and collaboration between students, parents, and school and district staff to address concerns and resolve practical problems. In order to accommodate others' special needs and after-school activities in a school environment, my work schedule is very flexible.
- Bookstore Manager at Marana High School
- Bookstore Clerk at Marana High School
- Customer Service and Cash Office Associate at Kohl's Department Stores
- Assistant Athletic Trainer (part-time) at Marana High School
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management - Business Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Management - Business Management
Handled all the tasks and details associated with the proper and successful managerial and administrative duties of the store. Responsible for ordering and managing all the books and materials required for the students and all course taught at the college. Also, responsible keeping faculty and staff supplied with all necessary items for the performance of their duties. Keeping accurate inventory of all materials essential for the successful service of the college. Performed these duties until the college went from brick and mortar store to a third-party online bookstore.
- Bookstore Manager at Sullivan College of Technology and Design
- Assistant Registrar at Sullivan College of Technology and Design
13 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate - Office management
Supervised, trained, and evaluated 12 employees
● Handled all disciplinary actions, scheduled employees and processed time cards
● Calculated taxes and entered data into the spreadsheet
● Paid all Bookstore bills
● Negotiated with sales representative to purchase merchandise for the store
● Participated on Work Committee and developed new policies for the Work Program in order to help create a sense of equality and equity
- Bookstore Manager at Blackburn College
- Bookstore General Worker at Blackburn College
- Crew Member at Dairy Queen
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Management - Economics, Marketing/Communication
Oversaw daily retail operations for the East-West University college bookstore, including performance
management, inventory, customer service, and profit and loss (P&L) in compliance with budgetary
• Managed inventory control and product orders, consulting with faculty to ensure textbook inventory was sufficient to meet demand.
• Facilitated rentals and returns for students to ensure satisfaction, tracking and charging credit cards for non-returned books. Monitored sales to optimize profitability.
• Hired, trained, and managed a staff of up to four individuals, coaching the team in point of sales (POS) systems, promotional programs, shipping/receiving, pricing, and customer service protocol.
• Supervised employees and enforced policies by documenting disciplinary actions and performance reviews.
• Mitigated customer service issues by identifying customer needs and resolving escalated conflicts.
• Established and developed the rental program from the ground up, achieving a rental rate of 30% throughout tenure.
• Created and deployed a social media marketing initiative on Facebook to generate web traffic and followers, successfully surpassing the company average.
- Bookstore Manager at BBA Solutions
- Inventory Manager / Textbook Manager at Follett Higher Education
- Sales Associate at Aflac
- High School English & Journalism Teacher at Providence-St. Mel School
6 years at this Job
- Master of Arts - (MA), English
- Bachelor of Arts - (BA), English
Receipt, unpack, inventory, clean when necessary, labeling and re-labeling, stocking of shelves of shipments of books and materials. Liaison between the main campus store, publishers, vendors and suppliers regarding invoice concerning charges, shortages and credit memoranda. Researches and oversees the ordering of general merchandise to fulfill the needs of students, staff and instructors. Responsible for reports, money, deposits, and accountability. Develops and implements policies and procedures for the general operation of the bookstore. Provides the necessary support for registration and graduation activities.
- Bookstore Manager at Wayland Baptist University
- Foreclosure Specialist at RCO Hawaii, LLLC
- Airman at United States Air Force (Active Duty)
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Christian Ministry
Manage the Newnan campus location in all areas of service (e.g., data entry, fax, filing, records management, textbook and general merchandise purchase orders, receiving, post invoices, returns, balanced and reconciled cash register, and phone reception). Designed and maintained spreadsheets for effectiveness. Data entry for textbook orders and inventory control. Supervise and manage federal work study students that are employed in the bookstore. An asset to my supervisor and business offering a diverse range of organization and customer service skills while also demonstrating quality teamwork. Handled clerical tasks (e.g., phone reception, fax, filing, POS) Sales and exceptional customer service. Helped students with reading material and supplies. Stock and organization. Quickly became a trusted assistant known for a “can-do” attitude, flexibility and high-quality work.
- Bookstore Manager at West Georgia Technical College
- Bookstore Assistant at West Georgia Technical College
- Administrative Assistant at West Georgia Technical College
2 years, 2 months at this Job
• Managed daily retail transactions involving cash and credit card purchases
• Purchased and monitored inventory
• Collaborated with various vendors in design of items sold in the bookstore
• Generated daily accounting report of all cash and credit card transactions
• Responsible for lunch account deposits made exclusively through the bookstore
- Bookstore Manager at Archbishop Rummel High School
- Parent Volunteer at Archbishop Rummel High School
- Licensed Real Estate Agent at Prudential Gardner Realtors
- Elementary Education Teacher at Jefferson Parish Public School System
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of General Studies - Elementary Education Studies
• Deliver and grow sales and other business metrics year after year.
• Observe the sales floor to recognize opportunities to coach booksellers on improving selling conversations.
• Hold booksellers accountable to drive sales and enthusiastically model our selling behaviors and culture.
• Assist with recruiting, selecting, onboarding and developing high-caliber talent through training, coaching and assignments.
• Make business decisions to achieve or exceed payroll results and monitor operational and productivity standards to ensure store standards are maintained.
• Lead sales meetings and communicate product and promotional information.
• Establish staffing plan for the shift and redeploy booksellers, based on observation and metrics, to positively impact sales and the customer experience in all departments.
• Ensure facilities and visual standards are maintained to support a positive customer experience, taking immediate action to correct and ensure the best customer experience.
• Delegate operational duties to another manager whenever possible.
• Provide consistent communication and model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and our core values.
• Assist with evaluating and managing employee performance in partnership with the store manager.
• Partner with the store manager to effectively resolve customer issues keeping in line with our core values.
- Assistant Bookstore Manager at Barnes & Noble College Bookstore, Genesee Community College
- Senior Administration/IT Specialist at Veterans One-stop Center of WNY, Inc
- Senior Veteran Advocate at Veterans One-stop Center of WNY, Inc
- Outreach & Engagement Specialist at Veterans One-stop Center of WNY, Inc
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management Information Systems - Business Management Information Systems
Coordinate Textbook Loan Program Design and order Mount Micheal apparel Managage the retail business aspects of the bookstore Supervise work study students
- Bookstore Manager at Mount Michael Benedictine School
- Sales Associate at Christopher & Banks
- Site Director, Personnel Records Administration at Montessori Educational Centers
- Substitute Teacher at Bennington Public Schools
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Learning Disabilities and Resource Teaching
- Bachelor of Arts - Elementary Education and Special Education