I've worked as a bookseller, bookstore manager and antique book Cataloger for fifteen years in different shops and different cities. I've installed bookstores in major cities like St. Louis. I've worked in sales and at the cash register. I've been employed as an appraiser of rare and antique books as well as trained as an antique Cataloger. I've hired and trained employees, ordered and handled returns on stock for entire bookstores. I really love to connect with people and recommend books that will enhance or maybe change their lives.
- Bookstore Manager at
- Musician at
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Music & Literature w minor in Philosophy
- Associate of Arts - Voice Performance
Began working with this company as a Receptionist and within 6 months I became Class Coordinator after 3 months I was added on the role of Bookstore Manager. -Coordinate classes with teachers. -Plan and execute classes and events -Work together with Marketing in selecting Media for upcoming classes. -Enter attendance and handle payments. -Working closely with accounts payable. -Place book orders -Open and Close registers -In charge of Inventory -Manage 5+ employees -In charge of creating coverage schedules -Placing Amazon and Office Depot Orders
- Bookstore Manager/Class Coordinator at The Kabbalah Center
- PCSS Program Instructor at Tierra Del Sol
- Instructor at Behavior Respite in Action, inc.
- Store Manager at Desigual
2 years at this Job
- B.A - Sociology
- A.A - Sociology
JOB OBJECTIVE EXPERIENCE To obtain knowledge of the day-to-day work Bookstore Manager of a business through a full time or part time Industrial Management & Training Institute position, where my skills and experience will January 2019 - Present be utilized. Creating an engaging study space
- Bookstore Manager of a business at Industrial Management & Training Institute
- Bill and Account Collector at State of CT
2 months at this Job
Coordinate Textbook Loan Program Design and order Mount Micheal apparel Managage the retail business aspects of the bookstore Supervise work study students
- Bookstore Manager at Mount Michael Benedictine School
- Sales Associate at Christopher & Banks
- Site Director, Personnel Records Administration at Montessori Educational Centers
- Substitute Teacher at Bennington Public Schools
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Learning Disabilities and Resource Teaching
- Bachelor of Arts - Elementary Education and Special Education
• Administration and control of the textbook operation including purchasing, timely paperwork processing, record keeping and data analysis using Booklog and Jenzabar software.
• Direct Bookstore staff in the performance of all day to day operations.
• Direct the receiving and stocking or preparing of all incoming and outgoing shipments
• Responsible for all activities related to the merchandising of school supplies, clothing, etc.
• Prepare administrative and operational reports as required.
- Bookstore Manager at South Arkansas Community College
- Financial Aid Analyst at South Arkansas Community College
- Fiscal Support Specialist at South Arkansas Community College
- Assistant Store Manager at Hermitage Shell Station
7 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration
• Planned and managed day to day operations for Bookstore. Collaborated with management staff to create new sales strategies as needed.
• Ensured all Goodwill procedures were being followed, and if not followed proper protocol with human resources.
• Assisted with preparation and tracking of annual budget.
• Created new systems to remove waste in production area of store, streamlined system of taking in donations and processing.
• Created system for managers to streamline daily assignments for staff members.
• Created efficient system for new onboarding employees
• Documented and created instruction manuals for frequently used procedures.
• Monitored and control monthly expenses and prepared daily reports sent to accounting.
• Collaborated with finance, distribution and other departments to ensure a smooth movement of donated merchandise.
• Hired, trained and supervised all staff members of bookstore.
• Lead by example, provided excellent customer service to donors and customers of bookstore.
- Bookstore Manager at Goodwill Industries
- Executive Director of Development at Franciscan School of Theology (FST)
- Office Manager at General Motors
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Art - Art
Manages all aspects of the bookstore. Ordering books and supplies for students and instructors. Keeping monthly inventory of books, supplies and medical scrubs. Filing all invoices, I also make the student ID's and handle all the charge slips for their accounts regarding books/supplies.
- Bookstore Manager at Mildred Elley
- Store Manager/ Sales Associate at Scholet Furniture
- Restaurant Supervisor at B. W. Delaney's Cobleskill- Restaurant
- Card Office Assistant Manager at SUNY Cobleskill (CAS)
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate - Health and Wellness
- Associate - Business Administration
- - Accounting
• Responsible for daily operation of the bookstore, hiring, training and evaluation of 5 employees.
• Manage inventory, order receive and return textbooks to publishers. Act as a resource to Department Chairs, and Dual Enrollment helping with the order process of textbooks.
• Process orders, invoices and payment for all purchases accurately and on time.
• Create and maintain a marketing plan for the bookstore and online sales. Creating sale signs, displays and ideas to increase sales and foot traffic.
• Provided excellent customer service to students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Bookstore Manager at Davenport University
- Purchasing and Production Manager at Technical Air Products
- Associate Business Systems Analyst 1 at Amway
- Porter Hills Village Retirement and Community Services at Central Supply Room for PHV and Green House Homes
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Fine Arts
• Oversees and handles the payment of tuition balances.
• Oversees the payment of outstanding balances and ensures payment plans are arranged and payments are collected in a timely manner.
• Receive and record student payments on the account.
• Review student accounts and make collection determinations.
• Maintain daily transaction reports, AR lists and prepare monthly/ weekly/ daily payment reports.
• Manage campus Bookstore.
• Manage overall student finance for the university.
• Oversee financial aid process.
- Bursar/Bookstore Manager at Everglades University
- Center Director at KinderCare Learning Center
- Assistant Director at KinderCare Learning Center
- Center Director at Lil' Rascals Academy
8 months at this Job
- BS - Psychology
Managed key control, collected vouchers, issued payments/credits, and handled nightly deposits.
• Supervised Adecco temporary employees. Trained and evaluated new staff on company protocol.
• Processed and monitored the distribution of course materials to linear or medical modular students.
• Received and maintained all incoming/outgoing bookstore inventory items and shipments on a daily basis.
• Conducted bi-annual inventory sessions, including personal store audits and weekly book counts.
• Assembled backpacks, criminal justice kits, and business management materials for chosen curriculum.
• Organized orientation day events for newly enrolled, returning, or recently transferred students.
- College Bookstore Manager at Ambassador Education Solutions
- Reservations / Front Desk at Marriott DFW South
- Host/Reservationist & Food Prep/Barback at Terilli's Italian Restaurant
- Graphic Artist & Sound Designer at Desuka Design Lab
1 year at this Job