Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) consultant working on a contract basis assisting client institutions with remediation efforts, including annual high-risk reviews, alert reviews and look-back reviews mandated by bank regulators. BSA project roles have included: BSA Analyst responsible for the production of cases/reviews and associated Suspicious Activity Report narratives; Quality Control leader, responsible for the review of BSA Analyst-produced cases/reviews and assuring consistent application of clients' review standards; and Project Manager, responsible for all aspects of project goals and objectives.
- BSA Analyst at Riskpoint Consulting Group LLP
- Risk Consulting Manager at RSM US, LLP
- Risk Consulting Director/Practice Leader, and Assurance Team Member at BDO Seidman, LLP
- Senior Vice President, Director of Internal Audit & Regulatory Compliance at Union Bank of Florida
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Accounting
- Masters of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelors of Science - Finance
• Supports the Bank's BSA Program to ensure that BSA regulatory requirements are met;
• Prepares Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs), Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs), screen Monetary Instruments logs, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and 314 (a) databases. Ensures these tasks are performed in a timely manner to meet regulatory deadlines and at a minimal error rate.
• Investigates and monitor customer transactions and/or behaviors associated with the Bank products or services through the use of the AML software (Patriot Officer), internal reports and leads from internal or external sources, or as assigned by the Senior BSA Analyst, BSA Supervisor or the BSA Officer.
• Ensures timely and accurate research, effective investigation, customer due diligence or enhanced due diligence of customer activities and transactions, including customer identification.
• Participates in job-specific training and other Bank-training program requirements regarding investigative techniques, internal systems, and BSA Department Policies and Procedures, BSA laws and regulations.
• Complies with all federal laws and state laws and regulations and Bank Policies and Procedures.
- BSA Analyst at American First National Bank
- AML/KYC Business/Consumer Banking - Analyst II at JPMorgan Chase
2 years, 3 months at this Job
• CIP Verification and Exception tracking
• 314a searches & match reporting
• Beneficial Ownership monitoring
• OFAC, review daily alerts in Silverlake, and view reports on Onbase
• Yellow Hammer Fraud Software/YH BSA software alerts
• High Risk Customer Review
• Monthly Wire monitoring/ pull items from database
• Monetary Instrument logs, suspicious activity review
• CTR's, batch filing, monitoring for errors, reporting errors, discussing with tellers and branch managers how to fix problems with CTR's
• Review database for PMO and CC Review
• Work with Thomas Reuters Clear reporting
• Assist with Risk assessment preparation
• Western Union Monitoring
• Cash Collateral Loan monitoring
• Exemption monitoring
• To assist the BSA/AML officer in client Risk Rating, Monthly High Risk Customer Reviews, and notify her of suspicious activity on accounts. Assist in reviewing Yellow Hammer BSA basic worklists; identify Compliance Risks, and Fraudulent activity. Conduct Fraud investigations; perform Enhanced Due Diligence, Customer Due Diligence.
- BSA ANALYST at OLD SECOND BANK
- BSA ANALYST at FIRST COMMUNITY BANK
- TELLER /UNIVERSAL BANKER at
- ASSISTANT MANAGER at HAIR CUTTERY
1 year at this Job
Investigate and research suspicious activity occurring in customer accounts Compose reports detailing account activity as suspicious or non-suspicious. Issuing Suspicious Activity Reports to the BSA Officer to be analyzed and forwarded to law enforcement agencies.
- BSA ANALYST at Trustmark National Bank
- TELLER SUPERVISOR at Insuring the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti
- BRANCH SERVICE LEADER at Regions Financial Corp
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Secondary Education
• Elicited Product Requirements for the Encounters Management System, Auto Enrolment System, and a single IVR System for 4 Call Centers
• Developed A Process to manage Production Issue for All Lines of Business (Approx.5-10 a day)
• Developed a BSA COE for 6+ Business Analysis
• Helped develop a process to manage Defects / Enhancements (Approx.15-20 a day)
- BSA Analyst at Envision Rx Options
- Sr. Business Analyst Lead/ Product Owner Proxy (POP) at Prokarma/Northern Natural Gas
- Sr. Business Analyst at Arizona Department of Health
- Sr. Business Analyst / Product Owner Proxy (POP) at PURCH
7 months at this Job
• Conduct EDD searches on High Risk Customers using available Bank systems, the Internet and Commercial Databases consistent with the resolution of case reviews and investigations.
• Create KYC profiles for High Risk Customers accounts (open and closed accounts) that show potential suspicious activity
• Performs initial and ongoing annual HRC EDD reviews and sends results to BSA/AML Deputy for review.
• Escalates all prohibited customers identified during EDD reviews to the BSA/AML Officer to facilitate a potential account closure or further review.
• For confirmed derogatory news, escalates the customer along with details on the derogatory news and supporting information or documentation to the BSA/AML Officer for further review.
• Conducts manual reviews of system generated exception reports to identify potentially unusual or suspicious transaction activity for transactions that do not flow through the automated transaction monitoring system
• Dispositions all manual and automated alerts from the review period to either close or escalate into a case investigation
- BSA Analyst at MidSouth Bank
- KYC Analyst/AML Investigator/SAR Writer at PNC
- AML Analyst/Investigator at Huntington Bank
- Compliance Analyst at Ohio National Financial Services
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
My responsibilities for this position include:
• Review customer due diligence for accuracy and to identify higher risk customers
• Review and file Currency Transaction Reports
• Review high risk customers
• Maintain confidential customer information
• Perform customer reviews required by regulation.
• Assist BSA officer with audit and exam preparation
• Assist BSA officer with annual MLR report and OCC
• Use BSA/AML monitoring application systems and other reports to detect and investigate suspicious activity
• Review and detect fraudulent checks
• Research and locate organizational documents
• Send daily emails to other bank personnel for customer information
• Comply with all applicable banking laws and regulations
• Use the Secretary of State as resource for document reviews and CTR completion
- BSA ANALYST at FIRSTCAPITAL BANK
- BANK TELLER at FIRSTCAPITAL BANK
- BANK TELLER at WELLSFARGO BANK
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - business management
- ASSOCIATES DEGREE - GENERAL STUDIES
• Maintain a current knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and all related anti-money laundering and OFAC regulations
• Monitor and validate BSA/AML software imports.
• Conduct 90 day review for filed SAR
• Analyze alerts generated by the detection software for suspicious activity and makes the decision to open an investigation.
• Document determination for reportable and non-reportable activity in a factual and impartial narrative that is organized, accurate, concise and comprehensive and in compliance with established regulatory guidelines and time frames.
• Conduct the review of Money Service Business (MSB) reports from Fin CEN.
• Conduct enhanced due diligence on higher risk rated clients.
• Reviews BSA software and scenarios on an on-going basis for efficiency.
• Conduct the review of Exemptions and initial designations.
• Assist with editing and updating departmental procedures.
- BSA Analyst at CHEMUNG CANAL TRUST COMPANY
- Regulatory Risk Specalist, BSA at CHEMUNG CANAL TRUST COMPANY
- HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT CHEMUNG CANAL TRUST COMPANY at Employee Relations
- TELLER at I CHEMUNG CANAL TRUST COMPANY
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- REGENTS DIPLOMA - VARIOUS TRAININGS
● CTR exemptions (determine who is eligible,) review CRT's filings from branches and process.
● Ensure that implications relating to BSA compliance issues are identified.
● Grand Jury subpoenas, information subpoenas, IRS Summons, and Civil subpoenas.
● Monitoring high-risk accounts.
● Performs suspicious activity investigations.
● Uploading loan care file for OFAC scrub, review IES reports, review of OFAC and ORM (Director Reports).
● Attends state bankers association seminar.
● Review alerts, alert clearing, and additional responsibilities as assigned by the Compliance/BSA Officer.
- BSA Analyst at Unity Bank
- Bank Teller at The Provident Bank
- Bank Teller at TD Bank
- Senior Sales Associate at AAFES MILITARY FURNITURE STORE
5 years at this Job
As a Bank Secrecy Act Analyst for Meriwest Credit Union my job is analytical and research intensive, job responsibilities include: - Analyze data on customers' accounts to determine suspicious activity - Research the data and information on our customers - Report findings in Suspicious Activity Reports (writing SAR narratives to submit to FinCEN) - Risk Management and Assessment - risk rate and assess accounts to ensure we are compliant with BSA - Review of employee access to mitigate risk - Perform internal audits of financial centers and retail procedures - Support our Retail department with any operational risk related questions/ concerns. - Enforce internal compliance of BSA - Miscellaneous Duties: Gather requested documents for Auditors, Assist frontline employees with BSA/Operational questions, Update Operational Risk procedures, Prepare the Board Report- Submit BSA report for the Board - System Admin: Responsible for creating users, setting limits, providing appropriate access for job role within the organization for New Hires, Employees on Leave, Terminated Employees, and Job position changes
- BSA Analyst II at Meriwest Credit Union
10 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Speech Language Pathology & Audiology