-Utilize degree to investigate potential accounts and activity that have been flagged for BSA violations. -Continue financial, legal, and criminal investigation training courses. -File SARS within BSA guidelines and submit them to FinCEN and proper authorities. -Maintain close relationship with branch staff to protect the Bank and customers from potential loss and financial criminal activity. -Successfully complete cases within a 90-day deadline, and practice effective time manage to complete daily cases. -Utilize various tools to investigate and research organizations, businesses, and individuals for case documentation.
- BSA Analyst at United Bank Inc
- Relationship Banker at Capital One Bank
- Personal Banker at Wells Fargo Bank
3 years at this Job
- Bachelors in Science - law and policy
● CTR exemptions (determine who is eligible,) review CRT's filings from branches and process.
● Ensure that implications relating to BSA compliance issues are identified.
● Grand Jury subpoenas, information subpoenas, IRS Summons, and Civil subpoenas.
● Monitoring high-risk accounts.
● Performs suspicious activity investigations.
● Uploading loan care file for OFAC scrub, review IES reports, review of OFAC and ORM (Director Reports).
● Attends state bankers association seminar.
● Review alerts, alert clearing, and additional responsibilities as assigned by the Compliance/BSA Officer.
- BSA Analyst at Unity Bank
- Bank Teller at The Provident Bank
- Bank Teller at TD Bank
- Senior Sales Associate at AAFES MILITARY FURNITURE STORE
5 years, 2 months at this Job
Use of Financial Crime Risk Management software to identify and investigate suspicious customer activity ❖ Prepare/review multiple reports on suspicious activity for all banking centers ❖ Extensive use of Excel to create/review a multitude of logs and identify patterns of potential illegal activity ❖ Train all banking personnel on current BSA policies and federal regulations ❖ Lead bi-weekly BSA Committee meetings & organize meeting minutes
- BSA Analyst at Citizens National Bank of Greater St. Louis
- Book Seller at Citizens National Bank of Greater St. Louis
- Personal Aid Attendant at Paraquad
9 years, 7 months at this Job
- A.A.S. - Deaf Communications Studies
- B.S. - Ministry
- A.A. - General Education
• Lead BSA for the migration of 3 major custom applications from Remedy to Salesforce
• Gather requirements from stakeholders
• Responsible for all the Integration solutions for the replacement solutions
• Provide Solution and recommendation for the new business processes that will be needed on the new platform
- BSA Analyst at Syntel | Atos
- SENIOR CONSULTANT / REMEDY LEAD SENIOR DEVELOPER at SYNTEL INC
- REMEDY EXPERT ANALYST (SME) at VIDEOTRON LTEE
- SENIOR CONSULTANT - REMEDY EXPERT (SUBJECT MATER EXPERT) at CGI INC
7 months at this Job
- - Analyst programmer
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE - MICROBIOLOGY
• Analyzed accounts and identified any patterns of suspicious or unusual activity based on Prime generated Exceptions/Alerts
• Compiled report(s) and any recommendations regarding final resolution for the Deputy BSA Officer or designee for review
• Performed research of accounts to further identify and actively searched for explanations or solutions for suspicious activity
• Ensured that all analysis information and documentation was properly maintained
• Created a full investigative report encompassing all observations made during a case analysis in a descriptive and articulate manner following the Department Policies
- BSA Analyst at Terrabank, N.A
- at Terrabank, N.A
- at Terrabank, N.A
- BSA/AML Compliance Intern at
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance and International Business
-Monitor and investigate customer transactions based on cases generated by the automated monitoring system -Coordinate with compliance managers about customer activity and investigations -Perform research regarding specific areas of money laundering concern and keep up with ACAMS certification through training sessions -Review of monitoring rules, procedures and guidelines, performing research regarding specific money laundering concerns -Support BSA/AML system and team administration as needed through report preparation and review of minutes and AML related logs or reports -Investigate branch emails and provide approval as needed -Receive branch SAR filings and create alerts for investigation
- BSA Analyst at Investors Bank
- Floater Customer Service Associate Supervisor at
- Sales and Service Specialist at Bank of America
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Bilingual Spanish
• Perform in-depth analysis to customers' accounts transactions and investigate whether such transactions deemed to be unusual or suspicious and needs to be reported to the U.S. authorities.
• Investigate suspected cases of account activity related to money laundering, tax evasion, terrorist financing and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in accordance with FinCEN guidance.
• Prepare case reports and investigation summaries on the completed AML investigations including SAR recommendation, case closure or follow up review.
• Collect supporting documentation including but not limited to account history statements, check and wire transfer images, Google and Lexis Nexis searches to substantiate final recommendation to each case investigation.
• Review customers' account documentation to insure all the documents on file are in compliance with current Bank's policies and procedures.
• Prepare the supplemental SAR report and/or recommend the case to be closed as not suspicious.
• Work as a subject matter expert supporting BSA team and all Bank Secrecy Act Regulations, AML related regulations and USA Patriot Act Regulations.
• Interact with Branches and other departments on Bank Secrecy Act issues observed within each case investigation.
• Provides training to internal staff and Bank's business units about the AML policies and procedures.
- BSA Analyst at Investors Bank
- Compliance Investigator at JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Mortgage Fraud/Compliance Analyst at Hudson City Savings Bank
- Mortgage Quality Assurance Analyst at Hudson City Savings Bank
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
- Performed daily review, monitoring, and analysis of various reports, logs, and transactions to identify trends, unusual, and suspicious activity such as structuring, kiting. - Completed daily tasks, including Currency Transaction Reports (CTR's), AML Alerts, 314(a), and Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs). - Served as the subject matter expert (SME) for the BSA department & branches. - Maintained policies and procedures for the AML/Risk program. - Assisted with regulatory BSA/AML examinations & audits. - Reviewed daily reports of customer account activity and investigated suspicious account transactions. - Managed program efforts for large scale risk projects/initiatives to ensure key risks and issues are identified, mitigated, and resolved. - Served as the liaison between Branch, Credit, Risk, Legal, Operations, Quality Assurance, and Technology for projects. - Delivered training for new hires as well as tenured branch staff. - Supported and partnered with stakeholders to implement and execute key ideas with strategies to drive business and ensure business objectives were met. - Ensured performance reporting was in place and results were tracked, remediated, and effectively communicated amongst lines of business.
- BSA Analyst at Mission Federal Credit Union
- Compliance Officer, JPMorgan Chase Bank at KYC
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
Performs daily review, monitoring, and analysis of various reports, logs, and transaction data to identify trends, unusual activity, and monitor large currency activity; determines if transactions are suspicious in nature, such as kiting, significant changes in balances, cash structuring in deposits, loans payments, and certificate of deposit purchases, wire or ACH transfers, monetary instrument sales, new account openings, etc. -Maintains current knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and all related anti-money laundering and OFAC regulations. -Assists in the development, coordination, and facilitation of training programs to educate bank personnel about BSA related compliance requirements and procedures. -Assists in the development and implementation of bank forms, notices and procedures and monitoring processes for compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and relation regulations. -Assists in the compliance with 314(a) and 314(b) (PATRIOT Act) responsibilities. -Assists in the monitoring of account activity for suspicious patterns and activity, conducts suspicious activity report investigations, high risk customer/account reviews, and recommends when to file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs). May assist in the filing of the SARs when necessary. -Assists with New Account Business Risk Profiles.
- BSA Analyst at First State Bank of the Florida Keys
- Child Protective Investigator at Department of Children and Families
- Investigator at Neiman Marcus
- Shift Manager at Ultra Diamonds
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
- Associate - General
Independently conduct and carry to completion the review, evaluation and monitoring of accounts for suspicious activity related to money laundering, terrorist financing, and other criminal activities conducted at or through the Bank.
• Remain up-to-date on BSA/USA Patriot Act/OFAC compliance matters as they relate to bank operations.
• Review of KYC profiles and track as necessary clarification requests for updated information with coordination from frontline teams.
• Contact appropriate bank personnel when necessary; document all findings, create individual case folders, and provide all supporting documentation to supervisor requiring additional discussions and possible escalation to the appropriate teams.
• Review, and research of transactional alerts and profile exceptions within timeframes designated.
• Other duties as assigned.
- BSA Analyst at Eastern National Bank
- Assistant Vice President Client Service Manager at GIBRALTAR PRIVATE BANK & TRUST
- at GIBRALTAR PRIVATE BANK & TRUST
- Assistant Client Service Manager at GIBRALTAR PRIVATE BANK & TRUST
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts - Public Administration