Currently responsible for managing and coordinating BSA compliance functions in my company. Essential duties of a BSA Analyst are adhering to BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) regulations, identifying compliance risks, training staff to mitigate risks, implementing appropriate changes, and administering software systems. Be on the lookout for potential money laundering and/or financial scams.
- BSA Analyst at Chino Commercial Bank
- Accounts Receivable Specialist/Billing Clerk at Gardner Trucking
- Accounts Receivable Specialist (Collections) at The ICEE Company
- Receptionist/HR Assistant at Ajilon Office Temporary Agency
2 years at this Job
- BS - Criminal Justice
Analyzed BSA-related exceptions such as CIP discrepancies, OFAC list matching, and Transaction
• Utilized internal and external applications to assist in the investigation and research of all BSA exceptions and to resolve existing BSA exceptions in a timely manner
• Reviewed incoming new business and consumer accounts for compliance with relevant laws and BSA related regulations
• Investigated referrals of potential suspicious account activity to determine and recommend appropriate resolution
• Conducted all report submissions within the timelines and guidelines per regulatory requirements
- BSA Analyst at Bryn Mawr Trust
- Teller at Fulton Bank of New Jersey
- Loss Prevention Intern at Emerald Rose Jewelers
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
Responsible for ensuring compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), the Money Laundering Control Act (MLCA), Anti-money laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and the USA Patriot Act.
• Produced reports using CU anti-money laundering systems.
• Identified and researched potentially unusual transactions and activity.
• Prepared and filed Currency Transaction Reports and Suspicious Activity Reports.
• Conducted Fin CEN 314 searches and identified possible matches.
• Prepared monthly reports for Board of Directors.
- BSA Analyst at GECU Credit Union
- Loan officer at GECU Credit Union
- Loan Officer at First light Federal Credit Union
- Member Service Manager at U.S.E. Federal Credit Union
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.B.A - finance
- associate - science
Assist the BSA Department at Community Bank of Bergen County in monitoring and reporting specific potentially suspicious activities in order to help the government identify and prosecute cases of money laundering.
• Review daily cash reports to identify Currency Transaction Reporting filing and assist branches with completion of CTR information.
• Review and analyze account statements, transaction histories, wire transfer details, check and cash transaction details.
• Maintain strong investigative skills; the ability to work independently, demonstrated extensive banking and compliance knowledge.
• Gathered information for investigations on customer activity generated by FCRM AML Manager Program, as well as bank personnel Suspicious Transaction Forms.
• Assist BSA Officer on monitoring procedures or investigations as needed.
• Clear alerts generated by FCRM AML Manager Program and escalate suspicious transactions to cases for BSA Officer to review.
- BSA Analyst at Community Bank of Bergen County
- Assistant Branch Manager at Community Bank of Bergen County
- Client Service Representative at Community Bank of Bergen County
- Head Teller Supervisor at Community Bank of Bergen County
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Science Nutrition Dietetics - Science Nutrition Dietetics
• Monitor client's transactions and investigate any possible suspicious activity
• Conduct Suspicious Activity Reports and execute the reports after approval from BSA officer
• Responsible for ensuring all customer and transactional data is being properly processed to BSA monitoring program
• Liaison between firm and vendor (Patriot Officer) to detect any discrepancies on BSA monitoring program for customer/transactional data and find solutions to resolve the issues
• Collaborate closely with IT department to enhance BSA monitoring program by implementing cashback and credit card data to BSA program
• Assist BSA officer with enhancing transaction monitoring scenarios to ensure firm's BSA monitoring program is properly maintained
• Conduct monthly reviews for Non-resident Alien customer's transactions and report any suspicious activity to upper management
• Prepare procedural information and any supporting documents for subpoenas
- BSA Analyst at WOORI AMERICA BANK
- Manager on Duty at J.P MORGAN CHASE
- Relationship Banker at JPMorgan Chase
- Legal Assistant (Part Time) at LAW OFFICE OF JACQUELINE DEMAREST
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English
Analyze transactional data across multiple lines of businesses to identify potential BSA/ risks to the Bank through Prime Compliance Suite (Prime). Review consumer and business account overdrafts for potential monetary fraud fluctuations and money flow inconsistencies. Monitor branch cash shipments (in/out) for unusual trends. Monitored funds/wire transfers for possible AML risk / Anti- Money Laundering and sanctions violations. Collaborate with 314 (b) information sharing requests in a prompt and timely manner as registered FinCEN contact. Refer possible cases of money laundering to the Investigation Unit.
- BSA Analyst at Oriental Bank
- Cashier/Sales Associate at Dufry Puerto Rico
- Casino Cashier at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
- Secretary at Puerto Rico Police Department
11 months at this Job
- - Business Administration
• Monitor transactions of assigned accounts to assess potential suspicious activity on the account, such as money laundering
• Identify data anomalies as they relate to AML initiatives, AML/BSA regulations, and industry best practices for AML/BSA analysis
• Conduct enhanced due diligence (EDD) investigations on high risk customers such as professional service providers, cash intensive businesses, and precious metal dealers
• Work effectively with multiple complex data sources and technical analytical tools/resources
• Work and contribute in a team-oriented and collaborative environment to improve the analytical and reporting processes
• Adhere to and comply with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), as well as adhering to company policies and procedures and client requirements
- AML/BSA Analyst at AML Rightsource
- Accounts Receivable Specialist at New Era Cap Company
- Trade Analyst at Rich Products
- Customer Service Associate at Walgreens Company
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
• Perform quality control on the investigations of AML and alert analysts and provide feedback, scoring, and coaching
• Approve 314(b) requests and SAR's for filing
• Evaluate the efficacy of new and existing AML alert scenarios
• Conduct complex investigations of high-risk business clientele in susceptible industries, particularly nonprofits and MSB's
• Research customers and counterparties using subscription services such as LexisNexis, World Compliance, and D&B
• Run weekly OFAC SDN scrubs against multiple databases and mitigate hits found by the wire room, ACH department, and branch personnel
• Keep the BSA team apprised of money laundering trends and risk mitigation procedures to ensure compliance with BSA and US Patriot Act protocol
- BSA Analyst, Assistant Treasurer at Apple Bank for Savings
- AML Investigator at Sterling National Bank
- Branch Manager at Santander Bank
- Branch Manager, Vice President at HSBC Bank
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Risk Management
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
• Practice CTR filing
• Monitor large cash amounts for BSA/AML compliance
• Review security reports for internal banking functions
• Review wire logs for outgoing and incoming wire patterns
- BSA Analyst at Providence Bank & Trust
- at Providence Bank & Trust
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration
Perform reviews of exceptions, flags and reports of potentially suspicious activities identified within the Bank's Monitoring system.
• Analyze new laws or regulations that impact the Bank's BSA/AML program. Implement new procedures or controls to ensure that any risk imposed by these new laws or regulations are adequately mitigated.
• Analyze highly complex offshore corporate structure and/or other high risks accounts for irregular transaction behavior. Render conclusion of analysis and account disposition as well as recommendations to file SARs.
• Act as a subject matter expert and advise various business units and operations lines, as well as, on-going training related to the latest BSA/AML and fraud schemes and terrorist financing activities.
• Execute investigations and make recommendations for resolution of high profile cases and insider abuse.
• Assist the BSA AML OFAC & Financial Fraud Officer and, Assistant BSA/AML/OFAC Officer in BSA-Related projects/initiatives that may be assigned from time to time.
• Attend AML/BSA related seminar and/or conferences as requested by Management.
- BSA Analyst II at Mercantil Bank
- Surveillance Analyst at BANK UNITED, N.A
- Fraud Prevention Supervisor at MERCANTIL COMMERCE BANK
- Fraud Detection Associate, Corporate Security Department at BANKUNITED, N.A
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Management Information Systems