• Accomplishments: Prepared 2018-19 Amended Budget Document. This included developing a detailed system of analysis for major cost drivers such as personnel and fuel across all methods of service delivery. Streamlined process for annual budget requests by developing a workbook accessible through SharePoint that could be accessed, edited and saved by numerous Budget managers simultaneously. Proposed improvements to annual budget process that would enhance collaboration, ownership and more directly align with the mission, vision and annual goals of the organization. Worked with Management Analysts and Grants Administrator, whom I supervised, to foster communication and understanding with regards to revenue streams and proper expenditure classification. Budget Manager, City of Lakewood (OH)
- Budget Manager at City of Lakewood (OH)
- Director of Budget at North County Transit District
- at Division Directors
- Budget Analyst at Lorain County Community College
1 year at this Job
- B.S.B.A - Accounting
- Associate of Applied Science in Sports and Fitness Management - Sports and Fitness Management
• Oversee the fiscal operations of the division of Student Affairs and all departments within the division. BUDGET MANAGER USC UPSTATE - STUDENT AFFAIRS 2016 - PRESENT Indirectly supervise all administrative support staff responsible for purchasing and other fiscal operations.
• Create and execute budgets for all departments within the division of Student Affairs totaling approximately $3million. Verify availability of funds, monitor spending, and carry out special projects as assigned by the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs. Regularly audit 172 accounts within the division of Student Affairs to ensure accuracy of account transactions.
• Design, develop, maintain, and analyze a complex database of financial information and analytical list of historical data for forecasting revenue and expenses. Coordinate financial operation with USC Upstate Financial Services and Budget Office and USC Columbia financial management system.
• Learn, interpret, and explain university policies, procedures, and regulations for all departments within the division of Student Affairs. Assist with training of office staff including executive assistant, administrative assistants, and office managers.
• Oversee the fiscal operations of the Housing and Residential Life department. Indirectly supervise all
- BUDGET MANAGER at USC UPSTATE - STUDENT AFFAIRS
- BUSINESS MANAGER at USC UPSTATE - HOUSING AND RESIDENTIAL LIFE
- ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR at USC UPSTATE - SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
- Upward Bound Program, a ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT at USC UPSTATE - UPWARD BOUND
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Interdisciplinary Studies
- ASSOCIATE DEGREE
Colorado Mountain College (CMC) is a residential four-year college that serves 12,000 square miles in north-central Colorado (CO) with over 20,000 students at 11 locations and online. As the Campus Budget Manager, I am responsible for maintaining fiscal control of all campus accounts and funds while managing the budgeting and financial needs of the campus. I report to the Vice President/Dean of our Campus but take business process direction from the Central Service Business Office (VP Fiscal Affairs, Budget & Finance Director and Purchasing & Contracts Director) in Glenwood Springs, CO (100+ miles away). Specially I have oversight over all campus accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, purchasing, accounts receivable and payable, and cash management functions. In addition, I am the Designated Buyer on campus and provide purchasing guidance to all departments as well as supervise the Campus Receivables Manager responsible for all Student Accounts on campus.
• Increased efficiencies by implementing automated email delivery of over 100+ actual vs. budget PDF reports to campus budget officers and then trained them on how to read the new reports.
• Fully documented all facets of my job including invoice entry, cash receipts, report running criteria and purchase card reconciliations.
• Implemented one-on-one training for all new hires to teach the intricacies of Accounting and Finance business processes and procedure on campus and in our Colleague software system.
• Utilized my project management skills to start a monthly budget officer meeting which has proven to be more informative and well run than in the past (based on feedback from attendees).
• Started monthly meetings with my Campus VP to keep her informed of everything Accounting/Finance related. This meeting is strategically the week before the budget officer meeting.
• Set-up a series of working budget meetings with all 20+ budget officers to manage our two-month long General and Auxiliary fund budgeting process.
• Successfully worked with all campus budget officers to finalize our $4.7M general fund budget one-two weeks ahead of the college deadline.
• Developed a Special Projects Committee of nine other Campus Leaders who meet monthly to review and prioritize special project requests. These projects allow us to continuously improve our campus while also strategically spending our funds before year-end ($130k in FY 17-18 and $180k in FY 18-19).
• During my initial 6-month performance review, I received three of the highest “Exceeds Expectations” marks for Communication, Effort and Initiative.
- Campus Budget Manager at Colorado Mountain College
- Volunteer - Board of Directors at Old Town Hot Springs
- Volunteer - Committee Member at Steamboat Springs Running Series
- Finance and HR Director at Yampa Valley Community Foundation
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) - Change Management
- Masters of Science Information Technology (MSIT) - Web Services
- Bachelor of Science Business Administration - Major - International Business & Finance / Minor - Spanish
- International Semester Abroad - Business
7 years) for the US/Canada Corporate Banking Operations group (240 staff) including planning Headcount movements, Direct Expenses, Expense Allocation Keys to Revenue centers, and Variance Analysis and Reporting. VP Accounting Manager and Assistant San Francisco Office Manager (20 years, last 7 dual w/ FP&A). - Audited data for Regulatory category appropriateness and reviewed all periodic reporting. - Managed Accounts Payable, Reconciliations, and Administration/Compliance for 50-100 staff. - Reviewed daily the Accounting for Loans 1.5-6B, Deposits 2-4B, and Commitments/LC's 6-20B. Loan Servicing Manager and Accounts Payable Manager, AVP (3.5 years) - Managed 4 direct + 3 indirect staff - Automated various processes - including customer billing and fee monitoring. - Monitored the booking and repayment of loan principals, interest, and fees for a $1.5B+ portfolio. - Helped automate various reports including FX reconciliation, FX P&L, loan portfolio yield, and risk weighted asset reports. - Released 30-350 daily wire transfers ($3 to $25 million per day for 3 Back Office staff (money market, foreign exchange, and loan funding). Reporting and Reconciliation Manager (2.5 years) - Managing a staff of up to 3 persons, reduced the number of Federal and State report discrepancies by 90% within the first 6 months by both automating the asset mapping and by evaluating the underlying products. Prepared Head Office reporting and analyzed internal reporting. Westpac Banking Corporation, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Accounting Manager controlling Regulatory and Internal Reporting and Accounts Payable. Paying and Receiving Back Office Manager and MIS Manager for 1 year. - Automated various head office asset and profitability reports using DB III, Symphony, MIDAS. - Monitored the FX, Money Market, IRS, and Loan portfolios averaging over $600M. - Reduced the number of compensation claims from $80K+ to under $3K per year. California Federal Savings Bank, Los Angeles area. - As a Budget Analyst, researched, explained, & reported on Actual vs. Budget Variances. - Backup supervisor, financial services officer, teller, item processing clerk, and research analyst.
- FP&A - Budget Manager at BNP Paribas San Francisco
26 years, 7 months at this Job
- MBA - Optometry, and a BS
• Experience with engineering, operations support and staff budgets
• Managing of facilities programs which includes 2300 buildings across 20 states
• Special projects for executive team as needed
• Responsible for implementing annual operating plan of $1B
• Capital budget planning and cost control for yearly plan of $50M
• Balance sheet and income statement duties
• Monthly close and journal entries for proper accounting of expenses
• Engagement with all levels of the management including senior executives
- Budget Manager at Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad
- Senior Price Cost Analyst at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
- Staff Auditor at Whitley Penn CPA LLP
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Accountancy - Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting - Accounting
In charge of the administration and tracking of Federal Grants for the State of Arizona. Which includes tracking the grants through the Federal Sub award reporting System (FSRS) and report receipts and expenditures under the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA). Also requires to state current with all the OMB Circulars and CFR's that pertain the management of Federal Grants. Also in charge of Department budget process which included preparation and filing of the annual and biennium budget with the Governor's Office of Strategic Planning and Budget and the Joint Legislative Budget Committee. This is accomplished through the State's BUDDIES system and the preparation of the five (5) year strategic plan through the State's AZIPS system.
- Budget Manager at AZ Dept. of Homeland Security
- Contract Consultant at KM Consulting
- Controller at Matrix Forest Products, Inc
- Contract Consultant at Ajilon Financial
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- B.A. - Business Administration and Finance
University of Detroit Mercy)
• Develop and oversee the annual zero balance College budget formation for the College's (currently fourteen) academic units.
• Assist in the development of a feasible budget that clearly aligns with the priorities of the College and the university, and to assure that College business needs and expense management systems are integrated into the University's systems.
• Maintain budget oversight for all academic units, operating and restricted funds within the College and prepare reports as needed.
• Conduct quarterly budget status reviews with Dean and Department Chairs/Directors. Review and oversee financial/business management practices within the College.
• Review all financial transactions generated from the College and maintain records as appropriate to institutional policies and procedures.
• Monitor the expenditure of funds to ensure fiscal responsibility and compliance with university, state, federal and professional standards. Serve as Dean's proxy for approvals. Assure that the processing of all financial and payroll transactions is handled consistent with University policies.
• Participate in strategic planning/visioning and work with the Deans to develop short- and long-term financial goals, identify cost saving opportunities and conducts related data analyses as appropriate and as requested.
• Review and analyze costs and budgets for grant proposals and new academic program proposals within the College.
• Advise the Dean on financial/business items needing attention and on improvements for operating efficiency.
• Execute day-to-day College business/financial activities including: facilitating adjunct and faculty overload payroll authorizations, creation & follow through of vendor contracts, reimbursements, payments, check requests, annual voucher tracking, new faculty startup benefits oversight, requisition and purchase order purchases in the Banner software system.
• Verify proper content, supporting documents, and additional required processes are correctly completed for business/financial operations listed above (e.g. payroll authorizations require verification against semester teaching assignments, and require creation of contract letters for overloads or new adjuncts. UDMPU voucher tracking requires ensuring funds are allocated fairly and that eligible faculty members spend only their allocated amount.)
• Oversee and execute processes and communications for internal grant funding and restricted fund tracking for faculty, staff, and deans. Compare expenditures to proposals to ensure proper spending.
• Act as the primary interface between the College of Engineering & Science and the University offices of the Controller, Budget, Purchasing/Accounts Payable, HR, and IT. Administer the fiscal, human resource and administrative operations of College and assures such processes are consistent with department and university practices.
- Budget Manager at Robert Half International
- Financial Analyst at Bartech
- Financial Analyst at Michigan Elite Management Services
- Data Technical Support Coordinator at Verizon Wireless
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Business Administration
- Associate - Business Administration
- - Accounting
Maintain exceptional relationships and strong communication metrics with medical professionals, managing 65 nurse practitioners across the Emergency Departments, and Urgent Care Centers. Trains nurses on credentialing, continuing education, benefits, licensure, and hospital attire. Maintains budget allocations, and oversees spending to ensure adherence. Selected Contributions: * Coordinates and directs events designed for emergency and urgent care, to include over 120 annual conferences and meetings, maintaining costs, vendors, and successful outcomes. * Slashed annual budget by 25% introducing travel, catering, and decorating cost reductions, and the implementation of more cost effective alternatives. * Managed full HR responsibilities to include recruiting, onboarding, staffing requisitions, personal changes, and interviews for a wide-range of medical and administrative professionals. * Collaborated with Executive leadership on budget expense allocations, capital budget, and quarterly financial forecasts, identifying expense reductions, learning opportunities, and the stringent review of financial statements. * Honored with Sky High Awards for excellent management of special projects, and outcomes. * Received multiple departmental awards recognizing continued success of the hospital's annual Nurses' week event planning, coordination, event catering, and entertainment.
- Budget Manager, Trainer at CHILDREN'S MERCY HOSPITAL
- Training Consultant, Program Manager at CERNER
- Vice President Assistant, Program Coordinator at
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Project Management
- - Performance Management I & II
- - Select Communications
• Manage and coordinate all phases of museum procurement activities.
• Ensure Museum procurement policies and procedures are followed.
• Provide guidance and support to Museum staff with all aspects of the procurement process.
• Research and provide recommendation to Supervisor on best practices and ways to improve the Museums procurement process.
• Ensure competitive pricing.
• Research, interview and negotiate with suppliers to obtain best prices and develop specifications.
• Receive bids over fax or through the mail. Enter and record vendor submissions. Prepare bid responses.
• Contact vendors, use catalogs or the web to conduct price comparisons for goods and materials.
• Create purchase orders for the acquisition of goods and services.
• Design inventory control procedures for the receipt and distribution of materials and supplies.
• Work with line divisions to prepare and review specifications for the acquisition of a large variety of goods and services.
• Review and analyze proposed contracts, professional service agreements and leases.
• Acquire goods and/or services through the use of Museum credit cards.
• Manage all credit card related reporting requirements.
• Coordinate development of operating and capital budgets with line Departments.
• Monitor monthly budget to actual expenditures and provides variance justification report.
• Support revenue accounting functions as may be required.
• Participate in various Museum task forces and committees as deemed appropriate.
• Manage petty cash account as necessary.
• Maintain vendor database in accounting system.
• Manage vendor inquiries.
• Assist the Controller in tracking and maintaining Museum insurance policies (except employee benefits, which are maintained by the HR Department).
• Assist in preparation of Journal entries and analyzing and reconciling G/L accounts in preparation for month-end closings.
• Prepare reports and spreadsheets.
• Assist with year-end closings.
• Provide backup support as necessary for the Controller, and Senior Accountant.
• Manage special projects as assigned by her Supervisor.
• Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
• Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verify federal id numbers; schedule and prepare checks; resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insure credit is received for outstanding memos; issue stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
• Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Maintain historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
• Disburse petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
• Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
• Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Pay security deposit refunds for facility rentals on a monthly basis.
• Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- PROCUREMENT/BUDGET MANAGER/ACCOUNTANT at VIZCAYA MUSEUM & GARDENS
- DIRECTOR OF CAMPUS SERVICES at MIAMI DADE COLLEGE
- QUICK COPY CENTER SUPERVISOR at MIAMI DADE COLLEGE
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- MASTER - Human Resource/Management
- BACHELOR - Human Services/Management
- ASSOCIATE - English Literature/English Education
- DIPLOMA - Computer Assisted Bookkeeping
- Budget Manager at Town of Mount Pleasant
- Team Lead at Ceterus, Inc.
- Senior Tax Specialist at DeJoy, Knauf & Blood LLP
- Administrator/Financial Officer at Keller Williams Realty
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting