Recruiting Human Resource Technician, Nashville, TN
• 27 years of experience analyzing accounting data/numbers has provided the budgetary expertise to perform all tasks related to budget implementation, execution and reconciliations
• The experience gained during my military career has provided the knowledge to maximize resources and to ensure full audit readiness and accountability
• Budget Officer for 8 years with annual federal budget in excess of $ 7.8 MIL
• Human Resource Branch Chief supervising a team of 8 personnel
• Participated in an introductory overview on the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system Edison
- Budget Officer at Tennessee Army National Guard
- at Tennessee Army National Guard
- Budget Analyst at Tennessee Army National Guard
7 years, 11 months at this Job
- BS in Business Management - Business Management
• Coordinate and execute budget activities.
• Formulate budget estimates of expenditure and justification for submission to the Department of Finance.
• Prepare quarterly budget reviews and submit any new requests for Chief Fire Officer's advice.
• Advice the Manager Finance & Administration on all aspects of budgetary requirements.
• Assist in the review and formulation of the organization's programmed budget projections with the appropriate unit cost.
• Prepare and maintain cash flow statements for the organization.
• Prepare and maintain constant funds distribution register for the organization.
• Constant checking of balance figures on warrant authorities and cash fund certificates against the daily expenditures.
• Carry out other duties as directed and consistent with the above.
- Budget Officer at PNG Fire Service
- Certifying Officer at PNG Fire Service
- Accounts Officer at PNG Fire Service
- Budget Officer at PNG Fire Service
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associated Degree in Accounting - Accounting
- Diploma in Business - (ADB) Certificate
- Diploma in Business - (DIB) Certificate
• Provides oversight and monitors the 63 million dollar budget for the facility along with patient personal funds, special funds, institutional trust funds, and agency grant related funds
• Prepares necessary schedules and worksheets for the budget preparation process along with any necessary budget revisions to ensure compliance with OSBM guidelines
• Serve as liaison between facility and Western Controller's Office as well as other internal and external departments and divisions
• Prepares reports daily, monthly, and annually to meet any State, Federal or other reporting requirements
• Supervises Budget and Patient Financial Departments
- Budget Officer at J Iverson Riddle Dev. Center
- Business Services Coordinator at J Iverson Riddle Dev. Center
- Fiscal Officer at ECCCM Head Start
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Accountancy - Accountancy
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
• Recruited as the Business Officer to manage the daily operations of the DLAR Business Office, which includes budget preparation, financial forecasting and analysis, and financial reporting.
• Develop and manage DLAR's annual operating, capital and personnel budgets of approximately $8 million from various funding sources, including Income, Recharge and Grants in collaboration with the DLAR Director and the Associate Vice President for Research Core Facilities.
• Develop university-wide per diem rates for research animals in collaboration with the DLAR Director, Associate Vice President for Research Core Facilities.
• Prepare budget reports for the DLAR Director, DLAR Leadership Group, Vice President of Research for Core Facilities, and Research Administration & Fiscal Affairs.
• Directly manage 1 supervisor, 3 clerical staff and 1 STEPS employee who process purchases, Journal Vouchers, ACH transmittals, and travel documents; perform personnel functions, such as time approval, new hire paperwork; process credits/debits to animal protocols and manage our animal procurement database.
• Provide leadership and assistance to the Director, 2 Assistant Directors and 1 Facility Manager in the development of strategic business plans and financial analysis.
• Provide recommendations regarding cost reduction opportunities from either productivity improvements or expenditure savings.
• Develops continuous process improvement initiatives and takes a proactive approach to achieving efficiency and cost savings using data analytics/quantitative analysis (i.e., time & motion studies, staffing-to-income comparisons, etc.).
• Ensure the accurate and timely performance of personnel functions, including PAR's, time entry and approvals; performance evaluations, employment requisitions and other related activities.
• Determine all salary offers for new hires, promotions/demotions and equity adjustments.
• Develop Job Analysis Questionnaires (JAQs) and Major Job Responsibilities (MJRs) for new positions and reclassifications; advertise job openings (internally and externally).
• Act as liaison to Research Information Technology to ensure DLAR computing requirements are met.
• Oversee service contracts and negotiate best price and service programs
• Coordinate and resolve all eSirius3G database issues with the Technical Administrator for the Office of Research Integrity; Project Lead an eSirius upgrades for DLAR by establishing and monitoring scope, goals and deliverables and ensure that all testing and training are successfully completed and documented prior to go-live date.
• Ensure the standards of acceptability of appropriate accounting practices are utilized, including Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) as they pertain to Service Centers and Recharge Operations, as well as the Cost Analysis and Rate Setting Manual for Animal Research Facilities.
- Budget Officer/Department Administrator at University of Kentucky
- Account Payable Clerk III at University of Kentucky, Hospital Accounting
- Accounts Payable Clerk II at University of Kentucky, Dept. of Radiation Medicine
- Technical Director (Internship) at Eastern Kentucky University
17 years, 8 months at this Job
- M.B.A. - Management & Management Information Systems
- B.A. - Broadcasting & Electronic Media
- A.S. - Computer Information Technology
Little Rock AFB, AR ( July 2007- May 2012)
• Computed separation packages for military members that retired or separated
• Briefed members who were retiring or separating from the military on their entitlements and pay that would be received.
• Computed travel vouchers for military members who traveled on military orders.
• Analyzed, edited, and consolidated budget submissions before they were submitted to Budget Officer and/or the Financial Manager (FM).
• Provided customer service to military members who had issues with military pay.
• Assured funds were available for payment of Air Force contracts.
• Performed budget and cash analysis
• Oversaw and followed budget through for base organizations.
• Monitored annual budget via multiple databases.
• Performed budget formulation involving the preparation of detailed analyses of annual and multi-year budget estimates.
- Budget Officer and/or the Financial Manager at CPTS
- at CPTS
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Accounting
• Leads and manages a team of 16 staff accountants and budget analysts
• Manages formulation, analysis, and execution of a $550 million annual operating budget
• Monitors expenses incurred against annual forecasted spend plan
• Sets internal budget goals throughout the fiscal year, conducts variance analysis
• Provides advice, assistance, and guidance on budgeting and related information and conducts analyses, reviews, and special studies
• Utilizes various ERP/accounting systems for recording financial transactions
• Develops presentations/reports; briefs senior leadership on budget process, trends, proposed action plans, and current financial position
- Deputy Budget Officer at United States Air Force
- Lead Budget Analyst at United States Air Force
- Flight Commander at United States Air Force
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- M.B.A. - Finance
- B.S. - Business Administration
Provides program planning, budget, and execution analysis and support to major systems acquisition programs for the Intelligence Community (IC). Gathers, researches and analyzes routine information to support senior leadership decision-making on programmatic resourced planning and allocations. Prepares, monitors, and updates program requirements and spend plans. Analyzes contractor cost and schedule performance for programs, using performance management tools such as excel pivot tables, EVM, and contract funds status reports. Works in conjunction with senior management to realize programs vision and objectives. Resolves moderate to complex acquisition and resource problems and issues; provides guidance on the interpretation and application of financial regulations, policies, and procedures to senior management, staff, and customers. Assists in preparing budget estimates for new or existing initiatives; assesses their impact on the overall budget; analyzes cost/schedule performance of current acquisitions, provides senior managers with solutions to resource allocation issues.
- Budget Officer at Tecolote Research, Inc
- Cost/Price Acquisition Advisor at E3 Federal Solutions, LLC
- Budget Officer at Leffler Consulting, LLC
- Financial Analyst, Contract Specialist on prime contracts and subcontracts at Scitor an SAIC Company
9 months at this Job
Prepare/coordinate multi-year financial plans; plan/manage organizational budget process; monitor/analyze organization revenues and expenditures; prepare/monitor/analyze employee contract financial impacts
- Budget Officer - Finance Dept. at CITY OF HAYWARD
- Financial Analyst - Finance Dept. at CITY OF HAYWARD
- Administrative/Management Analyst II - Utilities & Environmental Services Dept at CITY OF HAYWARD
- Box Office Cashier at CINEMARK THEATRES
1 year at this Job
- BA - Liberal Studies/Biological Applications Option
- AA - Natural Sciences
• Served as budget manager for eight Government Ministries with average annual budgets of $19 million and directly supervised and monitored budget preparation and execution; improved annual execution rates by 40%
• Provided technical leadership with preparation of recurrent and development budgets; conducted budgetary trainings and workshops, reviewed budget proposals and narratives and pre-approved draft budget submissions while ensuring 100% compliance with Government Financial Instructions and resource envelope; achieved 100% budget completion for four consecutive years
• Supervised budget execution; reviewed and analyzed program requirements and expenditure requests, advised management on disbursements;prepared monthly and ad hoc disbursement plans, organized meetings with senior management to finalize disbursements leading to efficient and improved annual disbursements to priority social programs by 50%
• Performed cash management functions; released funds (cash allocations) to Ministries using Government ERP software; Integrated Financial Management Information Systems (IFMIS) and EPICOR 7 and 9
• Prepared budget performance reports and policy briefs on implementation status for senior management with view of identifying anomalies and for timely corrective actions to be initiated
• Conducted quarterly trainingsfor twenty-five planners and accountants on cash management functions and preparation of work plans and cash plans; improved cash management performance by 80%
• Participated in monthly budget committee meetings and quarterly project steering committee meetings; achieved 80% of work plan activities
• Conducted quarterly budget presentations for Management, Central Bank and Cabinet on fiscal policy implementation, highlighting status, achievements, threats, macroeconomic and monetary policy implications and recommendations for next steps resulting in improved expenditure on priority sectors
• Lead team member in 2015 budgetary reform; provided technical leadership and supervised budgetary transition from line-item budgeting to Program Based Budgeting (PBB) and Medium Term Expenditure Frameworks (MTEF); provided training to fifty Government officials on PBB and MTEF; including development of PBB statements, programs, activities, outputs, costing and performance indicators. Achieved 100% success rate on budget transformation. All Ministries currently on PBB and MTEF
• Provided technical leadership in drafting of the annual Budget Framework Paper for Cabinet and Budget Call Circular for Ministries; analyzed fiscal and macroeconomic data, validated fiscal projections and edited document
• Provided strategic oversight in the compilation and preparation of draft national budget for Cabinet and National Assembly; supervised data entry activities, reviewed and edited figures, followed up on action points and incorporated comments from stakeholders
• Served as focal point on environment, climate change, nutrition, gender and social welfare issues in relation to the national budget; attended meetings, drafted reports and policy briefs for Management
• Served as a focal point for the National Designated Authority (NDA) to the Green Climate Fund (GCF) and handle all matters relating to GCF; including preparing readiness support program, reviewing project proposals, liaising with GCF officials and attending GCF meetings and workshops; successfully got project funding for a $22 million ecosystem project
• Supervised the work of three junior economists and five interns; responsible for assigning work, proofreading reports, validating data and and reviewing assignments
• Participated in national and international conferences, seminars, meetings, and workshops
- Senior Budget Officer, Budget Directorate at Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs - The Gambia
- Participated as lead drafter and team member at Government Ministries
- Economist at Public Financial Management Unit
- Cadet Economist at Macroeconomic Policy Analysis Unit
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Arts degree - International and Development Economics
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Economics
• Manages the $12.5 million fiscal resources of the School of Business.
• Actively monitor encumbrances to detect for overspending and to check the availability of funds in each department.
• Authorize travel funding request from faculty members and students.
• Formalize purchase order requisitions in order to request a purchase for the School of Business.
• Operates Audit and Finance software's such as Banner Finance, Native Banner and EPAFs.
- Budget Officer at Earl Graves School of Business, Morgan State University
- Tutor at Advising Plus Tutoring, SUNY
- Summer Intern Black Stone Project at Albany County Capital District
9 months at this Job
- B.A. - Economics