600 E. Blvd. Ave., Bismarck, ND 58505 Business Manager/Accounting Budget Specialist Provide financial administration for the Division. Perform accounting, budget and business management support for ND State Procurement Office, Central Duplicating Services, Central Supply and State Agency for Surplus Property. Financial Reporting GAAP based financial statements - balance sheets, income statements, statements of cash flows. Review and implement accounting policies and practices. Schedules of accounts receivable, accounts payable, depreciation and lease amortization. Perpetual inventories of materials and fixed assets. ND Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR). Document cash accounts, debt instruments, fixed assets and accounts payable. Budgeting Executive branch requests for general fund and special fund appropriations. Analyze financial history and project future expenditures. Work with division director and program managers to assure adequate funding. Accept approved legislative appropriation as basis for biennial accounting. Expend appropriated funds within limits established in policy. Cost Accounting Chargeback system for Central Duplicating printing business. Determine billing rates. Direct labor, materials, overhead and administrative costs. Maintain production records for Central Duplicating. Machine meters, revenue by service type etc. Convert cost and production data into unit billing rates. Administrative Support Maintain chart of accounts within ND system to adequately reflect the activities of Central Services Division. Record revenues by entity. Including interdepartmental receipts and check deposits. Maintain record of monthly cash balances, sales, accounts receivable and expenditures for each entity. Process invoice payments to vendors. Account coding. Payments by check, ACH or interdepartmental payment. Maintain documents per records retention. Record new asset purchases and assign asset ID tags. Monthly accounting retrieval and review. Provide summary and detail accounting. Maintain accounting data in electronic files for sharing. Credit card reconciliations. Collect statements and receipts. Record accounting detail. Adjust general ledger accounts as needed. Reconcile annual physical inventories to perpetual records. Secure adequate asset and liability insurance and bond coverage. Maintain asset valuation lists. Transaction processing for Central Duplicating and Central Supply. Printing order and supply order revenue generation. Extract billing file reports, bill agencies, send statements, receive payments, update accounts receivable. As needed employee supervision, performance reviews. Payroll Officer Add/terminate employees. Update withholding, benefits, personal information. Provide retirement, health/life insurance, flexible spending, employee assistance information. Report annual pay data for Worker's Compensation and ND risk management. Data Processing Tested, maintained and used internally developed mainframe software. COBOL/JCL based systems. Applied Excel spreadsheet capability to run Central Duplicating and Central Supply businesses. Acted as data processing coordinator for the Division. Review project requests and prepare work orders. Participated in IT plan preparation. Excel user since 1984. PeopleSoft accounting (replaced mainframe accounting) Financial, assets, reporting, query, payroll). Avanti print and inventory software. AssetWorks surplus property software.
- Business Manager/Accounting Budget Specialist at State of North Dakota, Central Services Division
- Retail Accountant at Modern Home Products Distributing
- Staff Accountant at Baldwin Martz & Accociates
35 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration Accounting/Management
- High School Diploma
My role provides review of contract documents, enter grant budgets to software, prepare monthly billing based on project expenditure by funding source. Reconcile quarterly each funding source and billing. Create budget adjustments as needed.
- Budget Specialist at Sacramento Children's Home
- Interim Executive Director at Yoga Seed
- Controller/HR/Office Manager at Atlas Facilities Maintenance, Inc
- Interim Executive Director at The Circus Project
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- M.B.A. - Business Administration
• Draft multi-year budget proposals for internal and external projects.
• Submit monthly and quarterly invoices for various projects.
• Assist project managers with planning staff and OTPS allocations for grants and contracts.
• Forecast upcoming fiscal year expenses and revenue for various projects.
• Process incoming checks from grants, contracts and donations.
• Update monthly revenue and expenses for year to date project and program analysis.
• Submit journal entries to correct expenses recorded in error.
• Assist with various ad hoc data collection and analysis.
- Budget Specialist at Center for Court Innovation
- Budget Specialist at RobertHalf
- Bank Reconciliation Specialist at RobertHalf
- Payroll Clerk at RobertHalf
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting and Information Science / Economics
arise with clinical study budgets.
• Completes budget updates for project change orders to ensure appropriate allocation of the study budgets.
• Works with Project Managers to gather assumptions required for project change orders.
• Builds new clinical study budgets for new or existing clients.
• Executes special projects like budget analysis of hours and profit analysis.
• Partners with Project Managers and Finance Team to investigate and resolve any issues that may
arise with clinical study budgets.
- Budget Specialist at MedSource
- Credit Analyst at Texas Citizens Bank
- Audit Intern at LaPorte CPAs and Business Advisors
- Accounting and Finance Intern at Evergreen Tank Solutions
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
of Diplomatic Security/Overseas Protective Operations
Washington, DC 40 hours/weekly
• Coordinates all logistical, activations and shipping support of armored and unarmored vehicles.
• Process and inventory furniture, appliances, radio equipment, special protective equipment, and other items as they arise for the worldwide Marine Security Guard program and for all detachment activations.
• Maintains excel master vehicle tracker for 182 Marine detachment post.
• Has oversight and management of the Marine Security Guard (MSG) program's multi-million-dollar budget.
• Research, coordinate, prepare, deliver, and follow-up actions regarding program matters.
• Audit appropriated funds allotted to the MSG program throughout the fiscal year.
• Performs clearance verification and processing for the Marines on the program.
• Ensure the Marine Security Guard program is in compliance with Department of Defense and Department of State regulations.
• Communicate effectively both in writing and verbally with all levels of personnel.
• Conduct briefings for senior officials of the Department and other agencies.
• Create and update documents to track MSG-related programs and logistics.
• Work independently to advise and assist office personnel on matters of security policy, procedures, and regulations.
• Controls record keeping of electronic devices and SPE (special protective equipment) distributed to the Marine detachments.
- Logistic/Budget Specialist at Department of State/Bureau
- Identification Service Operator I at Department of State/Bureau of Diplomatic Security/Diplomatic Security Identification Services
- at PAE
- Warehouse Specialist at CACI International Inc
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
• Lead the budget development process including the development of preparation schedules, communications, and training
• Perform monthly budget adjustments and analysis
• Direct development and maintenance of short term and long term financial forecasts for the university
• Provide counsel and analytical project support to senior management
- Budget Specialist at A.T. Still University
- Student Account Supervisor at Central Methodist University
- Collection Specialist at Central Methodist University
- Bookkeeper at Regional Missouri Bank
6 months at this Job
- - MBA-Accounting
- Bachelor of Accountancy - Accountancy
Support the annual budget planning process, including updating and consolidating Legal department budgets and projections.Support Legal department teams by addressing questions regarding budgets, accounts payable, accruals, correcting coding errors, entering projections into hyperion, submitting year-end accruals, etc.Prepare and submit journal entries with accounting for processing and inter-company entries to the controller group, and populating the necessary forms, etc. Conduct pre and post-close review of major expense categories to identify and correct potential coding errors. Prepare comparative evaluation of actual costs against budgeted funds, determine rationale for variances and recommend changes to reconcile the differences.Review operating budgets to analyze trends affecting multiple department yearly budgets, and analyze financial needs annually
Support the annual budget planning process, including updating and consolidating Legal department budgets and projections.Support Legal department teams by addressing questions regarding budgets, accounts payable, accruals, correcting coding errors, entering projections into hyperion, submitting year-end accruals, etc.Prepare and submit journal entries with accounting for processing and inter-company entries to the controller group, and populating the necessary forms, etc. Conduct pre and post-close review of major expense categories to identify and correct potential coding errors.
Prepare comparative evaluation of actual costs against budgeted funds, determine rationale for variances and recommend changes to reconcile the differences.Review operating budgets to analyze trends affecting multiple department yearly budgets, and analyze financial needs annually
- Budget Specialist at McDonald's Corporation
- Human Resources Specialist at MACY'S
- Human Resources Assistant at NOWPOW
- Human Resource Case Manager at PIONEER CONCEPTS
9 months at this Job
- Master's - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Coordinates the budget activities of the Cabinet/Departments/Offices and performs detailed analysis and makes
recommendations regarding major budget issues such as but not limited to Cabinet level biennial budget request, budget
documents, projecting agency budgetary needs and Six-Year Capital Plan.
• Monitors revenue and expenditures to ensure compliance with enacted budget and operating budget. Analyzes budget related requests for deviations from the enacted budget and recommends approval/denial. Assists Division Director in preparing correspondence to approve deviation from the Cabinet Secretary to the Office of State Budget Director and LRC's Budget Review staff.
• Reviews and analyzes postings to chart of accounts and monitors for accuracy. Prepares appropriate supporting documentation for any journal adjustments for corrections.
• Coordinates with Departments/Offices within the Cabinet in regards to preparation of budget related requests such as appropriation increases, allotment modifications, CAP increases, capital projects, and cash transfers.
• Recommends policies relating to budget issues and coordinates the development of cost estimates for pending legislation requests. Provides, analyzes and identifies major policy and budget support for Department/Office heads in projecting budgetary needs.
• Works with the Division Director on the preparation and development of Biennial Budget requests and Six-Year Capital Plan.
- Budget Specialist III at Fiscal Division
- Internal Policy Analyst III at DCBS and OATS
- Contract Specialist at REORG to Office
- Resource Management Analyst I at Kentucky State Department of Revenue
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Currently performing the following activities for over 100 budgets.
• Analyze monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
• Prepare monthly financial reports and any other budget reviews.
• Perform quarterly budget reviews and work closely with management and departmental staff in identifying budget discrepancies, issues and shortfalls between budget and actual data.
• Actual to budget/forecast variance analysis
• Assist in developing annually and monthly financial plans.
• Monitor revenue and expense cost, trial balances.
• Create excel reports as needed to save time on processes
• Compare actual to budgeted results at the end of each reporting period, and report on significant variances.
- Budget Specialist II -OMB at Chickasaw Nation
- Accounting Manager at Green Spray
- Senior Accountant at Premier Hospitality Management, Inc
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Masters in Business Administration - Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
Compile program budget information regarding funding, including but not limited to Maintenance and Operations, soft capital, Medicare, and all state and federal grants Monitor program and/or operating budgets by appropriate assigning of funding codes to be used when reporting allowable expenditures and reviewing position utilization reports to ensure proper time and expenditure reporting by staff in assigned programs Serve as a budget liaison between the Finance Department, schools, district administrators, and all district-level offices in relation to monitoring department budget Assist in developing training to district staff in proper allocation of funds to programs/services Comply with federal and state laws, and Uniform System of Financial Records (USFR) for Arizona School Districts in budgeting and expenditure reporting Monitor department funds including budget, position tracking, contractual obligations, travel, conference registrations, equipment and other capital outlay, and approval of requisitions and provides to supervisor for approval Assist with grant applications and amendments Prepare and submit required documentation to assure District and government compliance using grant funds to include individuals’ salaries and/or stipends, purchases and requisitions, contractual obligations, travel, conference registrations, equipment and other capital outlay, and all other expenditures Maintain organized and accessible data in multiple databases Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, community members and vendors Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality
- Budget Specialist II at Dysart Unified School District
- Accounting Technician at NAF Resource Management
- Accounting Clerk at Bechtel
- Accounting Specialist at Benevilla
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- High school or equivalent