Cleveland Hts., OH 05/2013 to present
• Clean in and around office building, prioritizing safety at all times
• Inspect facility grounds and pick up any trash
• Clean building floors, windows, glass partitions
• Stock and properly label supplies
• Assemble basic furniture and supplies
• Paint indoor areas such as hallway, bathrooms and lobby
• Shovel snow from all entrances, walkways and steps
• Promote building security by locking doors, activating alarm and checking electrical appliances for safety hazards
- Building Superintendent at Xcel Healthcare Providers, Inc
- at White Dove Mattress
- Laborer at GEO Demolition
- Machine Operator at Stretch Tape, Inc
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Building superintendent of a 100 unit luxury coop building in Brooklyn. 1. Maintaning the building’s mechanical systems 2. Resulving tenants issues 3. Supervising a staff of three 4. Preventative maintenance 5. Attend shareholder board meetings
- Building Superintendent at J k managment
- Building Superintendent at
10 years at this Job
- None - Liberal arts
- Some college
As the building superintendent I worked closely with tenant and ensure tenant satisfaction. I was also part of the development and work hand in with hand with construction providing access to units, dealing with contractors, and coordination. I am also in charge of all the maintenance work in the building along with trash disposal and minor repairs and up keep of mechanical aspects of the building.
- BUILDING SUPERINTENDENT at KENT BUILDING SERVICES
- BUILDING SUPERINTENDENT at STREET
- ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT at DELTA MANAGEMENT
- BUILDING PORTER/ CONCIERGE at WALLACK MANAGEMENT
1 year at this Job
- LICENSE - REFRIGERATION
• Building superintendent in charge of 66 units.
• Mechanical, electrical, plumbing, painting, welding and carpentry.
• maintainin property building, violations, landscaping, tenants complaint, building codes, and handyman.
- Building Superintendent at MM Residential Services
- Building Superintendent at Trion Real Estate Management
- Custodian at SAINT JOSEPH'S SCHOOL
1 year, 10 months at this Job
• Rough Plumbing
• Rooftop Machinery Repair
• Commercial Trash Compactor Operation ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ HISTORY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Building Superintendent, 02 2004 to 11 2018 3rd Avenue Family Services Housing Development Fund Corporation - Bronx, New York
• Supervised a maintenance crew of seven porters and maintenance men
• Interviewed and hired outside contractors
• Prepared inventory invoices
• Managed cleaning tasks and maintenance
• Conducted Preventative maintenance program
• Executed repairs and monitored work order system
• Conducted over 75 apartment move outs and turn overs
• Ensured building compliance with New York City contracting agencies (HASA, section 8, links, etc)
• Maintained and repaired building boiler and sprinkler systems
- Building Superintendent at Sprinkler System Repair
- Civil Service Heat Plant Technician at New York City Housing Authority
14 years, 9 months at this Job
Currently employed in Brooklyn as a superintendent of 63-unit building. Responsibilities include plumbing, electrical work, plastering, painting, sheet-rocking, tile work, carpentry, cleaning, moping and making sure garbage and recycling are done on the days scheduled for sanitation pick up. As a part of my work in this building is calling electric, plumbing, roofing, boiler, intercom, exterminating and all other companies when it's necessary for a service. I am also responsible for ordering all repair and sanitary material needed for building.
- Building Superintendent at MR Realty
- I supervise two handymen and a porter at FAIRFIELD PROPERTIES
- Superitendent at PARKOFF MANAGEMENT
- superintendent of 72 units within four small buildings at PINNACLE MANAGEMENT GROUP
7 years, 6 months at this Job
Collect rents and maintain rent journal
➢ Manage cleaning tasks and maintenance
➢ Administer and oversee day-to-day operations
➢ Track vacant units for re-renting
➢ Execute repairs and monitor work orders with efficiency (SITE COMPLI SOFTWARE OR BJ
➢ MURRAY Property management software) Building Superintendent for 4 buildings (totaling 136 apartments) 10 commercial store took care of all repairs
➢ Strong knowledge of building facility maintenance and general construction
➢ Familiar with key building systems - mechanical, electrical, boiler, and plumbing
➢ Operating knowledge of floor buffer, trash compacter, painting, and tiles
➢ Ability to prioritize and multi-manage projects with efficiency and accuracy
➢ Capable of supervising and/or directing subcontractors to complete projects as agreed upon
➢ Ability to train & develop employee performance related to varied building tasks and maintenance areas
➢ Maintain inspection loss
➢ Conduct preventative maintenance program
➢ Renovated apts, sanded floor, installed cabinets, ceramic tiles kitchen floor and bathroom
➢ All electrical repairs to lights, switches or running new lines
➢ Plumbing ( repair all faucets bathroom, kitchen. Run snake to clean drains from outside and inside)
➢ Boiler ( plug tubs when leaking, drain, test water level for chemical treatment to prevent corrosion
- Building Superintendent at Tryax Realty
12 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Superintendent of two commercial high rise buildings in midtown. Supervsed and coordinated daily activities, including operations and inspection of heating ,cooling plant.boiler,cooling tower ,ventilation,water electrical,and fire alarm system. Supervised and inspected contractors,various trades. Made general repairs ,responded to tenant work order requests . Maintained liason between building management and tenants. Supervised building staff. Performed various different duties concerning maintenance and well being of the properties.
- Building superintendent at APF Properties
- Handyman/Porter at Harvard Maintenance, Inc.
- porter,Handyman,Houseman,painter at Cushman and Wakefield/NY Presbyterian Guest Facility.
- Experienced Porter . /supervisor at Osborne association janitorial services
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- High school Diploma
Building Superintendent, 1160 Richmond Owners Incorporated, Staten Island, NY 1989 – Present
• Responsible for all-inclusive maintenance of a 72-family apartment building.
• Performs general electrical, mechanical, carpentry, plastering, plumbing repairs and installation, snow removal, cleaning and landscaping of property.
• Acts as a liaison and supervisor of external contractors for building maintenance.
• Responds to and resolves tenant needs and repairs in a timely manner.
• Responds to emergency calls relating to building maintenance.
• Advanced ability to install and maintain simple and complex equipment.
• Provides a safe and meticulous environment for tenants and staff.
• Provides service and support to ensure building code compliance.
• Maintains building alarm system ensuring sprinklers and smoke detectors are in good working order.
• Manages preventative maintenance program throughout building.
• Provides regular maintenance of HVAC systems and minor repairs.
• Monitors security camera system.
• Experienced in managing building staff.
• Has established strong, trusting partner agreements and relationships to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Building Superintendent at 1160 Richmond Owners Incorporated
30 years at this Job
- High School Diploma
Been here a short while, but every single last person here (every board member, president of the board and tenants) will be heart broken to loose me and I them. I can provide many references here to validate my work. So why am I leaving? I have not been able to get my wife established up here. We own the home we love the most of all we have had. I just have to get back to her. I have lived 7 months without her. They are talking about a $10,000 raise for me to help me get her up here, but she is making $45,000 as a legal secretary. I was told to send a resume for the job I have now. I said we would waste our time with a resume because it is all retail management. But I know maintenance. And with my management background, well I know how to superintendent, make excellent judgement calls in emergencies, hire, manage people, manage budgets and oversee any operation. So maintenance: I heavy duty remodeled three houses. I added a glass room onto my present home: glass roof and walls. I maintain my own home and that of my parents and inlaws. I can do maintenance. Short Description: Operation of the building to include house keepers and front desk, 24 hours on call, Security officer of the building. Responsible for light weight plumbing, electrical, sheet rock hanging, painting, janitoring and supervision of licensed contractors. Detailed Description: I hate to write a detailed book but I know you are looking for specifics for the diverse needs of this job opening. I have taken before and after pictures of most of what I did and made a special "Hollywood Style" slide show showing before and after pictures that are used in the semi annual owners meeting. I have replaced toilets and wax seal, all parts in the toilet tank, replaced hoses, rubber washers under sinks, broke down the base board heaters found the thermostate was still good so put the old thermostate on a new baseboard heater, installed cook tops, problem solve cook tops and replace the eyes, replaced thermostates on the wall that controled the heating, removed window air conditioners in preperation for the winter, striped and lettered the entire parking lot (2 foot lettering that looked stencil - I can send pictures, restored 9 severely damaged murals and completely reproduced 3 murals and added a large original mural of my own design with a portrait of the president of the board on it. All of which again I have pictures. I painted the four 5 x 5 windows on the front of the building for Christmas, Valentines Day and Saint Patrick Day (I can send pictures). I will be doing Easter next. I am saving the $2100 a month by cleaning the building my self. I winterized the entire building orginally built in 1929 in November out of pure respect for winter. We had a record cold dropping down to single digit numbers even down to 2 degrees for a week. My building made it without one frozen pipe. Modern new buildings in the same area have been shut down by the city because of all the water damage. They are still shut down. I walked my building every hour and a half every floor, inspecting for problems and moving heaters around when I found areas too cold. The old building stretched up through 7 floors can incur some problems with the old pipes. For example in one room large holes were cut by professional plumbers in the cieling top of the wall and removed the toilet and cut behind the toilet until finding the leak and fixing it. To save them money I did all the sheet rock and joint compound to fill in the holes, sanded, painted and then removed all the fine dust and reinstalled the toilet. I can show you pictures. I removed more than 50 years of gum from the side walk in the front of the building and cleaned the side walks, repainted the sewer, water access covers and fire hook ups, painted the curb in front of the building with new rustolium paint which singaled the permission to park in front of the build to unload. I wire brushed the porch cieling lights and the wall lamps repainted with rustolium and added special gold accents that weren't there originally. I can show pictures. I repainted the large flower pots and added special gold accents that weren't there originally and can show pictures before and after of all work I've done. I repainted the lobby, library, cafe, kitchen and one room that was in awful condition. I have pictures. I sealed the roof with many tubes of caulking and then applied fiber reinforced cool seal on top of it all. I found many rooms that had been cluterized because no one threw anything away for many years. I have before an after pictures of the transformation. I am the security officer round the clock and have called police on one very dangerous domestic fight. The girl says I saved her life. I could have called on more, but I gave them unbeknown to them a small window to resolve their own situations. They did and so I didn't. I became a master of the software that controls our front door and reduced the 450 out standing keys to less than 150 that are actually being used by the owners and renters. The rest I revoked. I learned how to add keys, remove them and work all the capabilities of the soft ware that controls access to the building. We have had fire alarms go off and I ensured the building was empty and would identify the place that set the alarm of before the fireman had even gotten to the building. I am presently replacing every door opener in the 72 room building which involves dismanteling a complicated opener made in Canada. Filling in the holes and then cutting two sets of new holes for the handle and then the dead bolt and using a stainless steel reinforcement to cover all the scars left from the Canadian opener. When the rental season is buzzing I manage two house keepers and front desk staff inspect the rooms for spotless procelean in the bowls, tubs, sinks etc. I also ensure linen is washed and folded in record tme. I make sure no staff member is on the cell phones or computers. I make sure all down time is used to benefit the facility. All of this work I have done in record time and without a boss present in the facility. I am practically self managed and stay busy all the time working fast and efficient and I can provide many people to tell you how happy they are with the work I do. Much of what I have done no one even thought I could do it let alone asked me to do it: window painting, parking lot striping, murals, special signage that they thought had been bought (I can provide pictures), removal of gum off the side walk and sheet rocking. No one expected me to do it and are elated I have done it.
- Building Superintendent at Hanscom Condos
- Petco Assistant Manager at
- Assistant Manger at Home Depot
- Area Manager at Washington Inventory Service
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Theology